Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Carey said:

Packers/Broncos game ends in a tie,

If that happens, then we all lose. It'll basically be a 3 1/2 hour torture watching these 2 sucky teams. 

Speaking of torture, the late games today are going to be just that. Absolute torture. Steelers at those scummy Rams might as well be a home game for the Steelers.  So they should have mo problems beating up on those sorry, sucky, scummy Rams. RAMS HOUSE my ass indeed. 

Cardinals at Seahawks isn't very much to get excited about. 

Packers at Broncos & this face (😒) says it all about how I feel about both teams & that game. 

And last but most certainly least, Chargers at Chiefs is bedbug-inducing fun. The Chargers will find a way to mess it up like these losers always do & we'll have to suffer through another Taylor Swift appearance. Then, there is Patrick Mahomes being his usual aw-shucks self while beating up on the worthless Chargers. Frankly, I'm surprised that Steph hasn't shown his face at Arrowhead yet to show his support for Patrick Mahomes. Both Patrick & Steph have similar mannerisms.

Edited by Magog

I finally decided to look into what exactly NFL+ gets me, and it’s not watching out of market games like I thought.

It’s watching out of market *replays*.  Oh and also Red Zone, but I don’t have to worry about missing anything when the Giants are paying.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I finally decided to look into what exactly NFL+ gets me, and it’s not watching out of market games like I thought.

It’s watching out of market *replays*.  Oh and also Red Zone, but I don’t have to worry about missing anything when the Giants are paying.

Good God, I just checked. The Patriots play the Giants in a month. 

Will the offenses outscore the defenses?

3 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I never, ever want to see a picture of Tom Brady in his undies again.

Ever. 

I'll only ask for where it came from if I accidentally see it myself someplace

• LOL 1

Yeah, that's something I'd pump the breaks on.  Yes, Detroit won on the road against the CHEFS.  While the Jets and Browns were on the positive side of ending anyone's chances at 20-0.  BTW, Cleveland might win today, and hosted San Francisco at .500 before moving to .600.  The Eagles haven't looked great, so they were bound to get picked off.

Detroit has looked better than normal, but it is still rather early.  They were decent in 2011 as well, but then reality hit before getting crushed by New Orleans to end a decent season.

So Detroit isn't the best team in the conference, but I don't think anyone else can clinch that honor either.  FWIW, Dallas was that team, and now what?

Speaking of Cleveland, it'll just be my luck if they win by a point or two.

As for teams in the NFC South, there is no reason for Atlanta or Tampa Bay to play each of their next 2 games.  It'll be a win for the Falcons and the opposite for the Bucs.  Why risk injury?  So congrats in advance to Buffalo & Houston, and sorry to Tennessee & Minnesota for losing.

1 minute ago, mojoween said:

Oh look we parachuted into the end of Colts/Browns and there is shit officiating here too.

You gotta get control of this, NFL.

These shit calls are affecting the outcome of games. And these aren't judgement calls.  These calls are you fucking kidding me calls.  Even the announcer said not even Calvin Johnson could have caught that ball.

• Like 4
39 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Oh look we parachuted into the end of Colts/Browns and there is shit officiating here too.

You gotta get control of this, NFL.

So pissed as a colts fan.  Completely inconsistent pass int calls.  Neither of those were as bad as the Buffalo defender at the end they DIDNT call last week.  

That's a win the refs stole from the colts.   And it's a critical game in the afc standings can completely change the playoff picture 

Such f****** crap

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1

Of course, if you went with Cleveland ATS, you wanted them to get in the endzone one more time.  Despite being good at doing so, that was the worst 2-point attempt I've seen in a minute.

If I ever did something else over the NFL, I can tell you I'd have no regrets.  That is based on how scripted the league looks more often than not

4 hours ago, Fukui San said:

Good God, I just checked. The Patriots play the Giants in a month. 

Will the offenses outscore the defenses?

A month from now I'm still holding out some optimism that the Giants will go from 4 backups and one guy out of position on the offensive line to at least three of the first stringers actually on the field and in the right spots by then.

That should be good for at least a couple field goals. 

At least both teams defenses are looking somewhat respectable, so we have that going for us. And the rest of the country has the good fortune of that game being at 1:00 on a Sunday, so they won't have to be stuck watching it.

4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Just curious why people refer to the NFC team from New York as the FOOTBALL Giants? There hasn't been a baseball Giants in New York since before the cast majority of us were born. 🤔

Chris Berman used to call them that as ESPN was becoming a big thing. It was one of the many things that were part of his repertoire when he did the highlights. I feel like it was as much him who made it normal to say as anything.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Just curious why people refer to the NFC team from New York as the FOOTBALL Giants? There hasn't been a baseball Giants in New York since before the cast majority of us were born. 🤔

Just put of habit and kind of tongue on cheek

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Because they do it themselves.

image.png.7ba31569c37b04b3aeeb0e06738210b3.png

• Like 3
1 hour ago, JTMacc99 said:

A month from now I'm still holding out some optimism that the Giants will go from 4 backups and one guy out of position on the offensive line to at least three of the first stringers actually on the field and in the right spots by then.

That should be good for at least a couple field goals. 

At least both teams defenses are looking somewhat respectable, so we have that going for us. And the rest of the country has the good fortune of that game being at 1:00 on a Sunday, so they won't have to be stuck watching it.

Chris Berman used to call them that as ESPN was becoming a big thing. It was one of the many things that were part of his repertoire when he did the highlights. I feel like it was as much him who made it normal to say as anything.

Yeah, I remember the Berman days. Just wondering if he stole it from somewhere. And did the Giants themselves steal it from Berman? 😀

That spot the Steelers just got on 4th down to put the game away is some bullshit, and the Rams can't challenge because they're out of timeouts.  Had it happened seconds later, we'd be inside two minutes, and it would be automatically reviewed.  Grrrr.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1

I told you that this game should not have been played! 

In "you" I mean nobody here, just that I did say the inevitable was slated to happen since LA couldn't even beat the Cowboys at home on Monday night!

• Like 1

I admittedly don't pay much attention to the TV, but are Jim and Tony actually at the stadium?  That recent speechy thing they just did while standing up in front of what looked like a green-screen made it look like they were in a studio instead of sitting in a broadcast booth at the stadium.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

I admittedly don't pay much attention to the TV, but are Jim and Tony actually at the stadium?  That recent speechy thing they just did while standing up in front of what looked like a green-screen made it look like they were in a studio instead of sitting in a broadcast booth at the stadium.

Huh, good point. I know Taylor Swift was there based on the number of shots of her (although, to be fair, I feel like they have cut way down on the focus of her).

I was too busy enjoying Jim Nantz's frozen rictus grin while Romo blathered on and on. He looked like he was thinking "I want to smother you with pillow, shut up, shut up, SHUT UP!"

• LOL 5
4 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I was too busy enjoying Jim Nantz's frozen rictus grin while Romo blathered on and on. He looked like he was thinking "I want to smother you with pillow, shut up, shut up, SHUT UP!"

All will be great in the (NFL) world if/when CBS dumps Romo in favor of Greg Olsen

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
47 minutes ago, Bastet said:

That spot the Steelers just got on 4th down to put the game away is some bullshit, and the Rams can't challenge because they're out of timeouts.  Had it happened seconds later, we'd be inside two minutes, and it would be automatically reviewed.  Grrrr.

Precisely the complaint Patriots fans made in the 2009 4th and 2 game against the Colts. Bad spot, out of timeouts, just out of 2 minutes.

3 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

So pissed as a colts fan.  Completely inconsistent pass int calls.  Neither of those were as bad as the Buffalo defender at the end they DIDNT call last week.  

That's a win the refs stole from the colts.   And it's a critical game in the afc standings can completely change the playoff picture 

Such f****** crap

It was even worse in person.

Of course 4 turnovers didn’t help. 

1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

I watched two games today and both sets of announcers said line of gain instead  of first down marker.   Are they now required to call it that?  I've watched football for over 40 years and I have never heard it called that.

I've heard line to gain numerous times over the years.  I think the term comes from the rule book -- the line to gain is the mark they have to reach in order to get the next first down.

(I overcame my laziness and looked it up; yes, that's where the term appears.  And you can find "Why are they calling it the line to gain?" questions going back at least ten years, from my quick perusal.)

This was the last Six plays by the browns today where they manged to score a td and win

Sack fumble recovered by colts over ruled by a penalty of illegal contact,  penalty that didn't matter to the play outcome even if it happened. 

Move ball 13 to 8

Incomplete pass threw ball way out of end zone not catchable. Pass int anyway moved the ball to the one

Three straight incomplete passes.  Only one had a chance 

Run the ball for one yard barely make it over the goal line. 

On Six plays the browns really gained one yard to win it. 

12 yards by penalty one yard by rushing. 

1 minute ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Oh and then the two point conversion they lost yardage. 

They ran 7 plays for zero to negative yards to score six points. 

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1

As a Ravens fan, I wasn't happy to see both division rivals that played had won their games, and now I read that their wins could have been highly due to questionable calls?  Double yuk.

But, my Ravens had a great game, so the Yays greatly outweigh the yuks.  I was worried about the Lions, but the Ravens played great and the Lions were definitely off their game.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, crimsongrl said:

@mojoween no comment on the Colts uniforms? 😀 I was watching on redzone and whenever they switched to the Colts I thought it was the Giants for a second. Not a fan.

Is it possible the Vikings don't embarass themselves tonight?🤞

I LOVED the Colts uniforms!  All that blue 🥰

I didn't like the helmets. To me, the Colts helmet is one of those sports things that is perfect and should stay that way all the time. It's been the same thing since Johnny Unitas. 

image.png.8ddfcd04a265d9bec26966b9d38ba733.png

In things that are not perfect news, the Giants are three point underdogs to the Jets this weekend. If I were a betting man, I'd take the Giants and the points, as the final score is likely to be 5-3, regardless of which team has the 5.

• Like 3
Just now, Crashcourse said:

Please 🙏, please 🙏, PLEASE GODS!!! 🙏.

Stop showing Taylor Swift and fucking up my football games!!! 

Taylor Swift is not only worth a fortune to the TV networks in extra viewers, she is also apparently a key contributor to the Chiefs success. They're 4-0 with her in attendance, are scoring like a TD more per game, and Kelce himself does more than twice as well.

image.png.0a21fe22a5e1b596a6e232ae558fe5db.png

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
Just now, JTMacc99 said:

Taylor Swift is not only worth a fortune to the TV networks in extra viewers, she is also apparently a key contributor to the Chiefs success. They're 4-0 with her in attendance, are scoring like a TD more per game, and Kelce himself does more than twice as well.

image.png.0a21fe22a5e1b596a6e232ae558fe5db.png

And I don't give a damn. 

Has she ever shown her hairline?

Just now, Crashcourse said:

And I don't give a damn. 

Understood. 

There is no God that can intervene.

I said it a while back in here, and I haven't changed my tune. If I were in charge of a TV network and somebody came in the room and said "I think we shouldn't show so much of Taylor Swift when she's at the Chiefs game because some football fans don't care about this story" I would fire that person on the spot. 

The television broadcast is about making money, and there is no scenario where they make more money by NOT showing Taylor Swift. 

I guess my take is that I don't see any upside to letting it annoy me. It's like waking up and getting upset because the sky is blue again. It's going to be blue today, tomorrow, and every day until Swift dumps him. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 2