Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Poker

• Start Topic

Ray outmaneuvers Cochran and Finney and stays out of jail.

But then is out maneuvered by Mickey and can't get rid of him.

You win some and you lose some but not sure if he wouldn't have been better off winning the other one.

Edited by scrb
  • Love 2

Bridget: If anyone lays a hand on my creepy teacher, you will never see me again!

Me: Promise?

Seriously, as soon as she said that I was hoping Ray would go to his house and punch him in the face. I can't stand this whole Bridget and her teacher storyline. I was fine with them bonding over loss. That's a terrible thing to deal with. But everything else about this has been so cliche that it's like bad fanfic. She forced him to admit that he was attracted to her while they were at the bowling alley and now she is showing up at his house saying things like, "I know you want me," and "I'll be 18 in six months." I get secondhand embarrassment from watching these scenes. And as the adult in this situation, her teacher is being a complete moron. What kind of an idiot tells HIS STUDENT that he wants to be with her but he can't? Just gross.

Mickey really outmaneuvered Ray this time so Ray is stuck with him.

I loved Ray dropping the poker off his balcony to Lena waiting below. Ha!

• Love 7

Bridget: If anyone lays a hand on my creepy teacher, you will never see me again!

Seriously, as soon as she said that I was hoping Ray would go to his house and punch him in the face. I can't stand this whole Bridget and her teacher storyline. I was fine with them bonding over loss. That's a terrible thing to deal with. But everything else about this has been so cliche that it's like bad fanfic. She forced him to admit that he was attracted to her while they were at the bowling alley and now she is showing up at his house saying things like, "I know you want me," and "I'll be 18 in six months." I get secondhand embarrassment from watching these scenes. And as the adult in this situation, her teacher is being a complete moron. What kind of an idiot tells HIS STUDENT that he wants to be with her but he can't? Just gross.

Mickey really outmaneuvered Ray this time so Ray is stuck with him.

I loved Ray dropping the poker off his balcony to Lena waiting below. Ha!

I was hoping someone would take Bridget up on it, too.   Good grief, what a stupid tired story line.  Yes, the entire family has daddy issues.  Isn't it time for Bridget to be heading off to college?  Like maybe a nice school back in New England?  Bring her back for a very special Christmas episode and one visit in the summer.

I was also a little disappointed that no one at the "goodbye party" even doubted Mickey a little bit.   Have they seen any signs of dementia?   Haven't they been a part of this family long enough to know that very little is what it seems to be on the surface?  Sure, Conor is a stone cold idiot but a couple of the others should have had enough experience with Mickey to know that he's probably up to something.   Having Mickey move in with Teresa and Bunchy sets them up for prominence in the future.  Since Teresa is a dominant person, I hope they have her and Mickey come into conflict so that either he has to admit he's lying about the Alzheimers or he has to knuckle under.  I hope she doesn't accept his illegal activities under her roof.

I knew that Abby was going to be inappropriate with Terry.  She's way to messed up not to have done so.   I'm glad, however, that they didn't have Terry go along with it.  That would have been a character rewrite for him.

• Love 3

Conor is such a dipshit. 

It's hereditary, but skipped Ray

But then is out maneuvered by Mickey and can't get rid of him.

Plan B...Call any Armenians not caught in the human trafficking sweep and offer them a rat....

• Love 1

I thought Terry was going to call a cab, tape up his hands and beat the teacher like an Aryan Nation drum.

• Love 2

Good thing that poker didn't skewer Lena by accident, lol.  I also don't get how Avi can be cleared.  Really, any cop or FBI agent with half a brain would smell setup.  What was Ray doing in the mountains?  Why was Avi posing as this guy?  How come the body and the poker suddenly turn up in a torched garbage bin on Finney's property?  Too many questions.

"Why would we ever doubt you, Mickey?  You've always been on the level with us."  This family is delusional.  Except for Ray and Terry of course.

• Love 2

I was so relieved when Terry and Abby stopped that nonsense.  Maybe they'll talk about what happened, what they were both thinking, why they didn't go through with it.  Yeah, I know, I keep forgetting which show I'm watching.  

Whenever I see Katie Holmes, I always think of her as Jessica the Cat in a movie called "The Gift" with Cate Blanchett, Keanu Reeves, and Giovanni Ribisi.  

She dies early.  

Lol.  

• Love 1

Whenever I see Katie Holmes, I always think of her as Jessica the Cat in a movie called "The Gift" with Cate Blanchett, Keanu Reeves, and Giovanni Ribisi.

More memorable for being topless...right after Dawson's Creek

• Love 2

I know it's crazy and I don't care - I'm #TeamMickey. The only one that Ray can't outsmart.

Even though Ray's version of "outsmarting" leaves much to be desired, IMO. The scene where they got rid of the poker was one of the only nifty schemes I've seen him get away with.

• Love 3

Good thing that poker didn't skewer Lena by accident, lol.  I also don't get how Avi can be cleared.  Really, any cop or FBI agent with half a brain would smell setup.  What was Ray doing in the mountains?  Why was Avi posing as this guy?  How come the body and the poker suddenly turn up in a torched garbage bin on Finney's property?  Too many questions.

I kept waiting for Avi's dick pic to be discovered, too.

• Love 1
But everything else about this has been so cliche that it's like bad fanfic.

Heh, the poor guy probably wishes he was back in 1960s Manhattan.

I hope she doesn't accept his illegal activities under her roof.

I hope she's not too attached to that truck. Look what happened to Daryll. He lost both his car and Mickey's car.

Haven't they been a part of this family long enough to know that very little is what it seems to be on the surface?  Sure, Conor is a stone cold idiot but a couple of the others should have had enough experience with Mickey to know that he's probably up to something.

I think they're written as being classically codependent (which all of Mickey's kids are, including Ray). They'll probably never stop wishing deep down inside that maybe this time Mickey is on the up and up and everything will turn out fine.

If Cochran was in that trunk with a body and Paige's husband's body was burned, whose body was in the trunk with Cochran?

It was the same body. Cochran was still in the trunk when they took the body to Paige's father's house, threw it in the dumpster, and set it on fire. Then he figured they were going to kill him too but I guess it might be worse for him being alive and facing the mess he made.

• Love 1

It was the same body. Cochran was still in the trunk when they took the body to Paige's father's house, threw it in the dumpster, and set it on fire. Then he figured they were going to kill him too but I guess it might be worse for him being alive and facing the mess he made.

I would have to rewatch to be 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure that Cochran and Varrick's body were in thr back of the van together but Ray dropped Cochran off at his office building parking lot first before Varrick's body got thrown in the dumpster at Finney's house.

ETA: as soon as Theresa had so much specific about her truck, I knew it was just a matter of time before Mickey caused it to disappear. I hope she at least gets to keep it until next season.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2
pretty sure that Cochran and Varrick's body were in thr back of the van together but Ray dropped Cochran off at his office building parking lot first before Varrick's body got thrown in the dumpster at Finney's house.

Nope, I went back and re-watched it. Avi digs up the corpse and puts it in the van. Later Ray and Avi torture Cochran until he says where the fireplace poker is. Then Avi chloroforms him. The next time we see Cochran he's unconscious in the van and laying next to the corpse. Later Cochran wakes up, rolls over, and screams when he sees the corpse. Ray, Avi, and Lena go to Paige's father's estate, throw the corpse into the dumpster, and light the contents of the dumpster on fire. Cochran is awake while this is going on and is screaming for Ray to let him out. Rays drives somewhere else, parks the van, and pulls Cochran out. He unties Cochran's hands and drives off. Cochran turns around to see that Ray has left him at the Dybek building in what appears to be an underground parking area.

• Love 3

I would have to rewatch to be 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure that Cochran and Varrick's body were in thr back of the van together but Ray dropped Cochran off at his office building parking lot first before Varrick's body got thrown in the dumpster at Finney's house.

But didn't they burn the son-in-law after they dumped him in a shallow ditch right after he was killed by Finney? How could they dig up a body (that we saw set on fire) in a previous episode? 

Edited by DakotaLavender

He wasn't burned originally, just buried.  They also dumped the case file in with his body, which I guess was a way to ditch it, but seemed more like a way to disguise who the body was until the end of the episode.

The body was [evidently] in a flame-retardant bag. Ray dumped the case file on top of the bag, soaked everything in gas and lit it on fire. 

• Love 2

I was also a little disappointed that no one at the "goodbye party" even doubted Mickey a little bit.   Have they seen any signs of dementia?   Haven't they been a part of this family long enough to know that very little is what it seems to be on the surface?  Sure, Conor is a stone cold idiot but a couple of the others should have had enough experience with Mickey to know that he's probably up to something.   Having Mickey move in with Teresa and Bunchy sets them up for prominence in the future.  Since Teresa is a dominant person, I hope they have her and Mickey come into conflict so that either he has to admit he's lying about the Alzheimers or he has to knuckle under.  I hope she doesn't accept his illegal activities under her roof.

Daryl is so Damn stupid.

LOL!

After watching Mickey trick the brain trust at the pool party, I've been trying for a week to decide who is the dumbest Donovan and still can't.  

• Love 1