Type keyword(s) to search

Green Arrow In Comics

Lantern7
  • Start Topic

Ah, well, I feel like we're wandering a bit off in the weeds, but here's a couple.  Julie London is the first and Rita Hayworth is the next two. But admittedly some of the images were of the 50s when I looked at the detail.

IMG_2911.JPG

IMG_2912.JPG

ETA: after more research, the above pic is apparently from the movie "Gilda" (1946), so not sure if that disqualifies it.  Not sure the context of the pic below. Also, looking a bit more, it seems that "lounge singer" was not so much a thing until the 50s and 60s, so my terminology is probably not so accurate.  In any case, going to leave it here now. :)

IMG_2914.JPG

Edited by Starfish35
AddIng ETA comment.

Wow, the young Julie London was quite something. I've only seen her from years later when she played a nurse on the TV show Emergency years later.

Thanks for the photos. The third one does look like the skiryt of Black Canary's outfit  except for not showing where her fish net stockings end. The top is actually modest . But   they're not how the women looked normally, they're posed glamour shots. In the documentary about her,  Leslie Caron talked about how the studio would set up photo sessions to produce these very sexy photos and how awful she felt having to do them.

The Gilda picture supports my point. That's Gilda on stage, doing her act in front of the band. In the rest of the movie (which I remember as a pretty good psychological thriller with Orson Welles) she dresses normally. Elegantly,  but not really differently than the other women around her.

In contrast,  Black Canary is wearing the thigh high fishnet stockings that you can see through the two long slits on her skirt and the barely- there top as she strides through her day.

Edited by statsgirl
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

In contrast,  Black Canary is wearing the thigh high fishnet stockings that you can see through the two long slits on her skirt and the barely- there top as she strides through her day.

That's because BC-- and the other grownup female superheroes featured in the Bombshell comics-- were based on DC Bombshell figurines, which were modeled after pin up girl designs, which are supposed to be sexual. From wiki:

Ant Lucia, the creator of the sculptures and variant covers design, drew a heavy influence from World War II aesthetics and pin-up models.[1] He juxtaposed past pin up girl designs with current rockabilly culture. The sculptures created a convergence between modern ideologies regarding feminine agency and nostalgia for the golden age of comics

We can discuss at length the effects of objectification and whether or not female superheroes in comics are too sexy, but Bombshells BC isn't a good example because the figurines/art predate the comics and are probably not meant for younger girls even even if the comics are supposed to be (although I'm not even sure if the comics are intended for a much younger audience). 

Other examples of characters in the Bombshells line:

bombshellbundlejpg.jpeg?auto=format,comp

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 5

ECCC 2018: DC's The Write Stuff With BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS Panel
By Lan Pitts  March 2, 2018 
https://www.newsarama.com/38857-eccc-2018-dc-s-the-write-stuff-with-brian-michael-bendis-panel.html

03/02/2018 15:21
It was announced that the Benson sisters are writing the Green Arrow Annual #2, with art by Cameron Carmero. On sale 5/30. "We can't tell you too much except this is a No Justice perspective from the roots on the ground."

(edited)

Green Arrow #38 was released yesterday (this is the last GA issue written by Ben Percy, #39 will have new writers)...

“TALE OF TWO CITIES” finale! In a special issue that wraps up plotlines that began at the start of this series, Green Arrow and Black Canary must stop Moira Queen and Merlyn from enacting the final stage of their master plan. And if G.A. manages to defeat them, he’ll still have to face the outcome of a trial that could change Oliver Queen’s life forever!

https://www.dccomics.com/comics/green-arrow-2016/green-arrow-38

And here's one guy's review of this issue...

Green Arrow Comic Finally Gets Black Canary Romance Right
By Matt Morrison  March 7, 2018
https://screenrant.com/green-arrow-black-canary-comic-romance/

The end of Green Arrow ‘s comic Rebirth finally delivers the Black Canary love story fans have waited for. The two vigilantes are one of the most beloved couples in all of comic books, and after years of incredibly complicated drama, the storytellers who led Oliver and Dinah through DC’s Rebirth finally get things right. With Green Arrow #38, a true gesture of love from Oliver restores their classic romance.

The reestablishment of this classic relationship will please long-time fans of both Green Arrow and Black Canary, who have long lamented the death of the relationship in comics and other media. This is particularly true among the fandom of the television series Arrow, where a vocal fraction of the fan base have decried Oliver Queen’s romance with hacker Felicity Smoak. With Laurel Lance dead, her evil counterpart Black Siren on the run, Sara “The Canary” Lance firmly committed to the Legends of Tomorrow and the new Black Canary not on speaking terms with Oliver Queen, classic Green Arrow/Black Canary shippers can now turn to the comics to get their fix.
Percy brought the two heroes together again for the first time in the reality of DC Comics Rebirth, as the seeds of a relationship were planted when the two teamed to fight a group of human traffickers that preyed on the homeless of Seattle. Green Arrow returned to his political roots, while Canary was determined not to be swayed by Oliver’s charms. The attraction was instantaneous, and in the larger story of Rebirth, a sign of the proper order of things drawing them together.

The new Green Arrow comic series saw these seeds blossom into true romance. Percy’s writing depicted actual love and care between Oliver Queen and Dinah Lance, rather than the continual arguing followed by passionate love-making that earlier writers favored. When Oliver fell to his greatest depths, it was Dinah who sought him out. When he returned to set his world in order, she was the one scrubbing him clean (literally).
Green-Arrow-Comic-Dinah-Foster-Home.jpg?

The love story, like the Rebirth narrative cooked up by Percy, all culminates in the ending of Green Arrow #38. The words and signs of affection continue, but this Oliver Queen is truly the changed man Dinah hoped he might one day become. A fact summed up with Oliver showing his love and respect for Dinah with the grandest gesture he can think of: funding of a foster home for homeless youths named in her honor.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Another, more critical review of GA #38...

Review – Green Arrow #38: The End?
Posted on March 8, 2018 by Ray Goldfield 
https://geekdad.com/2018/03/review-green-arrow-38-the-end/

Corrina: At times, I basically gave up on Percy’s run because while it had all the pieces that I should have enjoyed, including Black Canary and Emiko, and Ollie’s intense need to protect his city, I found constant problems that prevented me from fully embracing it.

Those problems included the main villain, the Ninth Circle, which never acquired any distinctive personality; the missteps in handling Roy’s reunion with Ollie; and the baffling emotional connection between Dinah and Ollie that seemed to rely on nothing more than a surface sexual attraction and failed to show why these two people connected emotionally. (Grell’s variant cover shown above reminded me just how much time Grell’s classic stories spent on building up the relationships between Ollie and Dinah and how much time was also spent nurturing the complex emotions in that relationship.)

Mostly, Percy seemed to have a particular plot in mind that required characters to do certain things, rather than having that plot emanating from character decisions. That means people like Moira would show up and do their thing without setup and then the fallout (such as her betrayal) was supposed to feel emotional but it didn’t. Or characters would walk on, show promise, and not be used often or well, such as Kate Spencer.

But there was always the art, which has been a feast for the eyes, though I’m slightly more partial to Schmidt’s work. And there were always individual scenes that worked too, such as the ending montage in this issue. The arc did succeed in defining Ollie for this generation of comic readers, too, settling him back into the familiar liberal bowman who wears his heart on his sleeve.

Green-Arrow-38-variant-cover.jpg?w=1200& 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

GREEN ARROW #38 REVIEW
BY D. IVESTER   MARCH 7, 2018 
http://thegww.com/green-arrow-38-review/

The biggest focus of this issue is how much Oliver has grown as a person and as a vigilante. With all the events that have occurred to him since issue #1, he has certainly kept his promises. I love how even after losing everything for what seemed like a long time, he never gave up hope on himself and neither did his teammates. He’s learned to work with others better and to a much larger effect compared to his solo adventuring. These hard times though seemed to also teach him how he could help his community outside of his costume. I feel as he finally has learned that he can truly save his city not only as the Green Arrow but also as Oliver Queen. While the issue doesn’t close all doors on the enemies he has faced. He certainly has grown into becoming a better person, member of his community, and a hero. His adventures are far from over and Oliver is far more than ready to face them head-on as the Green Arrow and he is not alone.

Edited by tv echo

“TALE OF TWO CITIES” finale! In a special issue that wraps up plotlines that began at the start of this series, Green Arrow and Black Canary must stop Moira Queen and Merlyn from enacting the final stage of their master plan. And if G.A. manages to defeat them, he’ll still have to face the outcome of a trial that could change Oliver Queen’s life forever!

Arrow season 1. I don't follow the comics or writer but didn't people on here say he denied watching the show? LOL

• Love 4
(edited)

Ben Percy Closes The Loop With GREEN ARROW #38
By Nicole Herviou  March 7, 2018
https://comicsverse.com/green-arrow-38-review/

GREEN ARROW #38 mostly takes place in a courtroom, where Ollie defends himself against murder charges. Of course, he’s innocent, but there’s not much evidence to prove that. Plus, the city of Seattle pretty much hates him since he totally ran away after being charged. He stands no chance, except to tell the truth and hope someone believes him.
He reveals information about the Ninth Circle, exposing them once and for all. All the while, the Justice League helps to make sure he can plead his case uninhibited. For instance, Flash removes the prosecuting attorney from the courtroom. At the same time, Batman rescues the lawyer’s daughter from the Ninth Circle, who were blackmailing him.

During Ollie’s beautiful speech about his family and the general corruption in Seattle, Wendy — who Ollie is accused of killing — walks into the courtroom, revealing that she isn’t, in fact, dead. This is probably the only way he was going to walk free, so that was a nice development.

Later, Dinah and Ollie are fighting crime, carry on with their usual banter. He tells her all about the initiatives he’s going to start to help get Seattle back on its feet, including the Dinah Lance Home for Wayward Kids, which is just too sweet.

Edited by tv echo

This is particularly true among the fandom of the television series Arrow, where a vocal fraction of the fan base have decried Oliver Queen’s romance with hacker Felicity Smoak.With Laurel Lance dead, her evil counterpart Black Siren on the run, Sara “The Canary” Lance firmly committed to the Legends of Tomorrow and the new Black Canary not on speaking terms with Oliver Queen, classic Green Arrow/Black Canary shippers can now turn to the comics to get their fix.

Sure, the reason why fans of the GA and BC romance have to turn to the comics is because original LL is dead, BS is evil, Sara is on a different show and Dinah hates him and has nothing to do with the fact the on Arrow Oliver Queen is fricken MARRIED to Felicity Smoak, lol.  

And just typing FOUR variations of possible Canaries and all of them being a big fat hell no on Arrow should be a reminder as to why Oliver Queen is fricken married and madly in love with Felicity Smoak, lol.  

• Love 16
(edited)

It never fails to amuse me how these guys who look down on feelings and all that yucky stuff cling so desperately to Green Arrow/Black Canary true luv forevah.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 11
(edited)
22 hours ago, JJ928 said:

Arrow season 1. I don't follow the comics or writer but didn't people on here say he denied watching the show? LOL

I don't know what you mean. Of course, Ben Percy & crew never watched Arrow and his GA comics have nothing to do with Arrow.

Sure, his GA comics arc has John Diggle and Thea Emiko and Roy Harper and Moira Queen and Malcolm Merlyn. Sure, his comics Oliver goes through this character journey where he learns to work with a team instead of going solo, where he learns to respect his girlfriend, and where he learns how to help his city by being both the GA and Oliver Queen.

But that's all pure coincidence.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 15

Bombshells United Chap. 29 ("The Black Island, Part 5") was digitally released yesterday. There's a lot of Felicity in this issue. We learn that she is 13 years old, we learn why everyone thinks Dinah/Black Canary murdered Oliver/Green Arrow, and we finally see the Oliver that exists in this universe - and yes, he looks just as old and unappealing as the traditional comics Oliver. Here are a few more panels (you can read the entire issue here)...
RCO006.jpg

RCO011_w.jpg

RCO012.jpg

RCO013.jpg

RCO014.jpg

RCO017_w.jpg

RCO018.jpg

RCO019.jpg

RCO022.jpg

ETA: So will this tween Felicity meet this adult Oliver in the next chapter of this series?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Diggle is mentioned as having successfully made the transition from tv to comics, but isn't it because GA comics writers (like Ben Percy) chose to include him in the GA comics (while choosing to exclude other original tv characters like Arrow's Felicity)? Also, I question the statement that he's become "even more successful in comics" (based on what data?), given that there are a lot more Arrow tv viewers than GA comics readers...

The 8 Greatest Green Arrow Allies Ever
By CHASE MAGNETT - March 9, 2018
http://comicbook.com/comics/2018/03/09/best-green-arrow-characters/

SLIDE 8/8 – JOHN DIGGLE
Created by: Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim

First (Comics) Appearance: Green Arrow (vol. 5) #24

John Diggle may become a rare example of a superhero character introduced in movies or television who becomes even more successful in comics. He made the jump when introduced by Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino in their stunning run on the series. Just like in Arrow, Diggle is a reliable friend who offers a wide array of skills and dedicated work ethic. It’s clear from the television series that Diggle is one of the best allies Oliver Queen has encountered, and his comics career has only just begun.

Roy Harper
Black Canary
Speedy (Mia Dearden)
Connor Hawke
Emiko Queen
Shado
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
John Diggle

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

February 2018 sales figures were published today (for GA #37) - fyi, the last Ben Percy issue is #38 which went on sale March 7th...

February 2018 Comic Book Sales to Comics Shops
March 12, 2018
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2018/2018-02.html

Units    Dollars    Comic-book Title        Issue    Price    On sale       Publisher        Est. units
98          94            Green Arrow                 37        $3.99    02/07/18      DC                    22,425

To compare, here were the January 2018 sales figures (for GA #36):

97          87            Green Arrow                 36        $3.99    01/03/18      DC                   23,012

Edited by tv echo

Is Ollie a singer too? Did Felicity inhale some gas or something, because she looks deranged in that one panel? I don't know if that's on purpose or just bad art work. In general, I don't get this at all. Like the resuscitation by vampire. 

Felicity listened on purpose to a cursed signal that does seem to make people kind of crazy in order to figure out its secrets and was able to pass them on before she was overtaken.  Hearing the signal is why Oliver Ollie and Killer Croc also have really weird grins.  

The thing about being resuscitated by a vampire makes no sense to me.  Yes, they point out that as a vampire she has air in her lungs to give to the Canary but so would have any of the non-vampire people so not sure what was special about Barbara giving mouth to mouth beyond kind of recreating a classic Babs/BC make out session.  

Also, did Ollie just kill BC?  Even possessed by cursed music, how does one come back from that?  It just kind of would kill the fun of rooting for the couple for me.  

Would a vampire really need to breathe?  They are the undead and they spend daylight hours in their coffins so if they needed air, wouldn't they suffocate there?

2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Also, did Ollie just kill BC?  Even possessed by cursed music, how does one come back from that? 

True Love can come back from anything, even from needing a vampire to save you after he killed you.

Although that does explain a lot of reddit.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Would a vampire really need to breathe?  They are the undead and they spend daylight hours in their coffins so if they needed air, wouldn't they suffocate there?

True Love can come back from anything, even from needing a vampire to save you after he killed you.

Although that does explain a lot of reddit.

They pointed out that as a vampire Barbara didn't need to breathe but that she could still take in oxygen and store it in her lungs and so she was able to give mouth to mouth.  But I saw nothing that explained why the vampire had to do it instead of all the living people there as well.  Maybe she was more dead dead than the others could cure?  Though I've never heard of vamps giving life to anyone except by making them also a vampire.  

6 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

A vampire trying to kill their love interest? They manage to come back from it all the time on Buffy/Angel/TVD/True Blood.

No, lol, Oliver Ollie is not a Vampire.  He just had his brain warped and thus decided to kill BC.  Or at least I have to assume it was because he had his brain warped.  I mean, in another comic Dinah kneed him in the nads as a sign of love so I can't be certain I'm interpreting everything as intended.  ;)

15 hours ago, bijoux said:

Is Ollie a singer too?

Yeah, that was one of my takeaways as well.  ???

The rest of the team has vowed to save and get everyone lost back so temporarily evil I guess, but yeah, now she is working on the same side as Ollie.  

I did have to stop and briefly wonder if there was any kind of hidden meta statement going on.  I've liked how they've treated Felicity in the Batgirls/Bombshell universe so I'm currently telling myself there is not.  

Each digital chapter of Bombshells United is about 20 pages long. I can only post a few pages from each chapter (I usually pick out a few Felicity highlights). So if you're only reading what I posted, you're likely going to be confused. To get the full story, you need to go to the posted link and read the entire chapter. Also, each chapter is part of a continuing story arc (right now, "The Black Island").

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

GA looks like a grandfather in this figure...

Exclusive First Look: Green Arrow Premium Format Figure
By Rob Keyes  March 17, 2018
https://screenrant.com/green-arrow-premium-format-figure/

This morning our friends at Sideshow Collectibles debuted the landing page for their upcoming “Green Arrow Premium Format Figure” which has yet to be unveiled. Until now. Screen Rant as the very first exclusive look at the upcoming figure based on what we think is the best part of DC’s current Rebirth comics. Take a look:
Green-Arrow-Premium-Format-Figure-EXCLUS

Edited by tv echo
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

Each digital chapter of Bombshells United is about 20 pages long. I can only post a few pages from each chapter (I usually pick out a few Felicity highlights). So if you're only reading what I posted, you're likely going to be confused. To get the full story, you need to go to the posted link and read the entire chapter. Also, each chapter is part of a continuing story arc (right now, "The Black Island").

Honestly, I think it's more fun to be confused. :D

• Love 2

Some fans are interpreting Black Canary's statement in this panel from Bombshells United Chapter 30 as a hint that she's transgender...
RCO021.jpg

Dinah/BC: "My mama reckoned I was all snakes and snails till I was old enough to find my voice and tell her otherwise...."

The following fan comment was cited in a review that I read:

Ok I did some research and “snakes and snails” is a reference to this old nursery rhyme:

What are little boys made of?
What are little boys made of?
Snakes and snails
And puppy-dogs’ tails
That’s what little boys are made of

What are little girls made of?
What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice
And everything nice 
That’s what little girls are made of

So I think it’s not just a hint, it’s a confirmation!!

http://lgbtincomics.tumblr.com/post/172031339878/i-believe-black-canary-hinted-that-shes-trans-in

Edited by tv echo

Synopsis for Green Arrow #39 (on sale April 4, 2018), which will be the first post-Benjamin Percy issue in the Rebirth era - the writers are Jackson Lanzing & Collin Kelly (art by Marcio Takara)...

“THE CHILDREN OF VAHKAR” part one! Following a hellish year in Seattle, Oliver Queen heads to the war-torn city of Vahkar to use his considerable resources to help its starving citizens. But Oliver soon finds himself in over his head when he discovers that Vakhar is being run by a mysterious new warlord known as NOTHING…and all the town’s children have gone missing. Oliver Queen can’t save the children of Vakhar…but can Green Arrow? 

https://www.dccomics.com/comics/green-arrow-2016/green-arrow-39

Edited by tv echo

Tween Felicity and Ollie are only mentioned but not seen, Edward Nygma and Granny Goodness are revealed as the true villains behind the cursed signals, and Big Barda saves the day, in Bombshells United Chapter 31 ("The Black Island, Part 7"), which was released digitally yesterday - here are a few highlights (written by Marguerite Bennett, art by Sandy Jarrell)...
RCO003.jpg

RCO016_w.jpg

Read issue here:
http://www.comictab.com/bombshells-united/chapter-31 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

WonderCon: DC Universe Panel
by Albert Ching   March 24, 2018
https://www.cbr.com/wondercon-2018-dc-universe-panel/

The publisher looked to up the ante on Saturday afternoon with the DC Universe panel, featuring creators including Justice League Odyssey and The Flash writer Joshua Williamson, Batgirl and the Birds of Prey writers Julie and Shawna Benson and Mister Miracle artist Mitch Gerads.
Williamson started the panel by thanking the fans for their support of Dark Nights: Metal and its related books, reminding the audience that the final issue, #6, is out on Wednesday. Williamson also recapped the premise of the weekly miniseries Justice League: No Justice — where Brainiac puts together four different teams based on Justice League and Titans members, to counter major cosmic threats.
Next up were the Bensons discussing their Green Arrow Annual, out in May, the same month Batgirl and the Birds of Prey ends — which will lead to the duo taking over writing duties on the ongoing series as of August’s issue #43. Javier Fernandez is on interior art, with covers by Alex Maleev.

Julie Benson expressed their enthusiasm for taking over the book, especially as female writers taking on a male character. “It doesn’t always happen,” Shawna Benson said, given that such a thing is still a rarity at major mainstream American comics publishers. “We’re keeping Black Canary on the book, so we’re bringing one of our Birds,” Julie Benson said. They’ll also introduce a new villain, someone that “Ollie can relate to quite a bit.” “We’re intending to keep Kate Spencer on the book,” Julie Benson said.
Turning to fan Q&A, an audience member asked if an underdog character would get the spotlight soon. “I think that’s Green Arrow,” Williamson answered. “He plays a really major part in No Justice. He’s trying to save the world by himself.”

Edited by tv echo

JULIE BENSON AND SHAWNA BENSON TAKE AIM AT GREEN ARROW
By Official Press Release   Saturday, March 24th, 2018
https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/03/24/julie-benson-and-shawna-benson-take-aim-at-green-arrow

(ANAHEIM and BURBANK, CA) – (March 24, 2018) – During the DC Universe panel today at WonderCon 2018, the fan-favorite writing team of Julie Benson and Shawna Benson were announced as the new co-writers for GREEN ARROW’s comic book series, beginning this summer. Their first issue, GREEN ARROW ANNUAL #2, will be published on May 30 before their debut story arc in August’s GREEN ARROW #43.

Through their career, Julie Benson and Shawna Benson have penned episodes of Pemberley Digital’s Emmy-winning webseries, EMMA APPROVED and wrote on Seasons 3 through 5 of CW’s action-packed sci-fi show, THE 100. Their current DC comic book series, BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY, starring Batgirl, Black Canary and Huntress, will wrap in May 2018 as the writing team transitions to their new project starring the Emerald Archer.

“As we mourn the loss of our beloved Birds, hope in the form of an arrow has struck us through the heart with the opportunity to take on Oliver Queen,” said Julie Benson and Shawna Benson. “Ollie's made a few appearances alongside the Birds since we began writing at DC with Rebirth, and we can't wait to continue making our mark on the 77-year old marksman this summer. And we won't be leaving our ladies behind! Black Canary, aka Ollie's "Pretty Bird," will continue to star in GREEN ARROW.”
“We're both humbled and flabbergasted,” continued the pair, “to follow in the footsteps of comic greats like Mort Weisinger, Denny O'Neil, Mike Grell, Kevin Smith, Brad Meltzer, Jeff Lemire, Ann Nocenti, and of course, Ben Percy. We're honored to be included in their ranks and proud of DC for seeing our strength and for moving us over to GREEN ARROW. Joining us in August is the amazingly talented Javier Fernández on interiors and the masterful Alex Maleev on cover art.”

GREEN ARROW ANNUAL #2 arrives in stores May 30 with art by Carmen Carnero and a cover by David Lopez. Julie Benson and Shawna Benson will begin their ongoing run on GREEN ARROW with issue #43 in August 2018, featuring art by Javier Fernández.

Edited by tv echo

Also from above DC Comics article...

Cover to May's GREEN ARROW ANNUAL #2 by David Lopez:
Green-Arrow-annual-2_5ab4608d55db15.3917

Interior art from May's GREEN ARROW ANNUAL #2 by Carmen Carnero
GAANN_2_02_600_5ab46091386c67.97201303.j   GAANN_2_04_600_5ab4609453ed71.98189385.j

GAANN_2_08_600_5ab460967a7987.86732256.j

GAANN_2_08_601_5ab46087a429a1.92970414.j

Edited by tv echo

I’m pretty certain BC isn’t kneeing Ollie in the second to last panel. Why the hell is she drawn that way then? This is starting to feel like a Jessica Rabbit situation.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I’m pretty certain BC isn’t kneeing Ollie in the second to last panel. Why the hell is she drawn that way then? This is starting to feel like a Jessica Rabbit situation.

Lol.  I'm also curious why Bumblebee is randomly flying Felicity around, but hey at least that looks painless.  :D