Type keyword(s) to search

Green Arrow In Comics

Lantern7
  • Start Topic

BTW I have no idea who was filling Gail Simone's head with lies but the Art Work on the Black Canary is horrible.  I actually checked it out this weekend because I was curious to see who the Blonde White Ninja was.  

It's not Sara it's Dinah's aunt who is a member of some Ninja cult/group.  There's also some mystery surrounding Dinah's mother.

It was funny i made the comment about the artwork to the guys in the comics store and they all laughed, like yeah everyone know the art in that book sucks.

• Love 1

This is a paperback book (not a comic book), but I didn't know where else to post this...

Titan Books releases Arrow: Vengeance
FEBRUARY 23, 2016 BY GARY COLLINSON
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2016/02/titan-books-releases-arrow-vengeance.html

Tita Books has announced the arrival of Arrow: Vengeance, the first novel based on The CW’s hit DC Comics superhero series, which is released today.
Arrow: Vengeance is the in-depth story behind the dangerous rivalry between Slade Wilson (aka Deathstroke) and The Arrow. Written by two of the show’s writers, Oscar Balderrama and Lauren Certo, the book contains many of the iconic DC Comics characters and the heart-pounding action that delights comic book and television fans alike.

Here's the Amazon US product description for this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Arrow-Vengeance-Oscar-Balderrama/dp/1783294841/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=flickmyth-20&linkId=dc73e89fdc5418d48630c4962743acd4

Slade Wilson. Sebastian Blood. Isabel Rochev. Their actions will determine the path of a hero.

SECRET ORIGINS

Oliver Queen returns from the dead to create his persona as the Arrow. Yet others work in the shadows to fashion his downfall… and plot the destruction of all he holds dear.

Also a survivor of Lian Yu, Slade Wilson’s ultimate goal is Oliver’s doom, and he recruits Isabel Rochev, whose hatred for the Queens knows no bounds. Brother Blood, while seeking to do what is right, also finds himself inextricably tangled in Wilson’s machinations.

This is the untold story behind the rise and fall of the Arrow

Sounds like it's told from the villain perspective.

I bet 50 copies of that tripe have sold, and JB bought 45 of them.

Seriously, I cannot imagine it's selling well, and the LOA sweeps episodes were the lowest-rated of the sweeps episodes. Maybe, maybe, maybe, they'll finally understand that MM is nowhere near as popular as they've thought. No more MM, so no more constant Thea daddy issues and no more LOA. Nyssa can visit every once in awhile if she stops calling Oliver "husband" and never brings any current or former LOA members or secret kids with her.

• Love 1

One or two of us were lovers? One? So, someone basically got intimate with themselves? Nothing wrong with that, but I wouldn't classify it as lover(s).

And Malcolm was in the Air Force? Then got into a cult, then built up an empire (I assumed he was an heir, but not so much now with the Air Force thing, doesn't seem like something stinking rich parents would approve of), and then joined the LoA plus all the hings that happened during the show's actual run? Does he have ADHD?

• Love 2

And Malcolm was in the Air Force? Then got into a cult, then built up an empire (I assumed he was an heir, but not so much now with the Air Force thing, doesn't seem like something stinking rich parents would approve of), and then joined the LoA plus all the hings that happened during the show's actual run? Does he have ADHD?

Actually, my boyfriends already wealthy (not Queen wealthy of course) was in the army before he started his own business and even though he had tons of money he really encouraged his sons to go into military service. My boyfriend just got out of the air force a few years ago and one of his other brothers is still in the army.

I am LOLing at every part of that comic. The writing sounds like if someone was just making up a story on the spot, and had to keep explaining--"oh, no yeah, this was before all that but after this other thing"--and embellishing--"back when my name was King...Arthur King."

• Love 2
Oh, Arthur...

Who talks like that?  Outside of a bad pulp fiction magazine that is.

The Hidden is composed of soldiers and scholars ..... now there are two groups who have a natural affinity to each other. Not.

As much as I put down the writing on Downton Abbey, at least Julian  Fellowes knows how the wealthy behave.

Actually, my boyfriends already wealthy (not Queen wealthy of course) was in the army before he started his own business and even though he had tons of money he really encouraged his sons to go into military service. My boyfriend just got out of the air force a few years ago and one of his other brothers is still in the army.

I was thinking along the lines of Malcolm coming from Queen type wealth.

• Love 1

Correct me if I'm wrong: Arthur King is the Dark Archer in the comics, right? Are the official names of the characters so damn important?? 

Yes, Arthur King was the Dark Archer AKA Merlin the Magian in DC Comics, pre-52

Tommy Merlin is/was the Dark Archer in DC nu52.  No idea who will be the Dark Archer after "rebirth" happens.

(edited)

I admit to being confused as to why the comics would have ever had King Arthur and Merlyn the Magician interchangeable as the same character.  Not following the logic there.  But King vs Queen does make me laugh. Also explains why COUNT Vertigo was so important. Maybe why there is also a BARON Reiter. I hope there is a Duke or a Lord coming up as well.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
(edited)

DC Entertainment will be unveiling details about its upcoming DC Universe: Rebirth at WonderCon on March 26....

DC ENTERTAINMENT RAISES THE CURTAIN ON DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH FOR MEDIA, FANS AT A SPECIAL WONDERCON PRESS CONFERENCE
By Official Press Release  Wednesday, March 2nd, 2016
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/03/02/dc-entertainment-raises-the-curtain-on-dc-universe-rebirth-for-fans-at-a-special

Edited by tv echo

Are you thinking he's his kid as well or is it just me?

Haha, no. I didn't go that far in the speculation, I have no idea who that guy might be nor I even care that much. But, surely there's a connection there, I don't know if it has to do with this cult or something else. I was talking about this kind of stuff in the show. It seems like they are diving into this magic element even more, and I can't say I'm very fond of it.

• Love 3

BTW, I thought the first few "coughs" in the panel were sarcastic coughs. :D

It's two dark-haired dudes in the rain/dark wearing the same outfit, with even the same sort-of name, apparently, and both even have that stupid green vial that I DON'T CARE THE MEANING OF ANYMORE, JUST KILL MALCOLM, JFC! So I pretty much can't tell who's saying what or who's hitting who or what it all means, and it's dumb forever bc YOUR MOTHER BEING BITTEN BY LARGE CATS DOES NOT MAKE YOU AN ANIMAL TELEPATH THAT IS SO DUMB and WHY IS A CAVERN NAMED THE SEA OF SOULS AND WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY IS THIS STUPID THING EVEN BEING PRODUCED?

• Love 5
(edited)

I mean hey, grab one of the at least dozen sets of twin snow leopards at various zoos, get 'em to bite a bunch of pregnant women, and you have yourself an animal telepath army. Easy-peasy.

Edited by AyChihuahua
(edited)

Not to be seen as defending the accuracy of Twin Snow Leopard bites and their magical power, but I think in the wild it is more rare, at least for them to survive. 

Still not sure why two leopards would attack at the same time and also, how could they tell they were twins?  When they are young you would be able to tell, but later?  Maybe we're talking a pair of adorbs cubs "attacked" his mother with their cuteness? 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

Not to be seen as defending the accuracy of Twin Snow Leopard bites and their magical power

LOL.

All this is just telling me that Malcolm really needs to die this season. For reals. Permanently.

• Love 2
(edited)

Not to be seen as defending the accuracy of Twin Snow Leopard bites and their magical power, but I think in the wild it is more rare, at least for them to survive. 

Sure, but once you find out that their bites on a pregnant woman turn her fetus into an animal telepath, wouldn't you go whole hog on it? I doubt the Akron, Ohio zoo security could prevent "The Hidden" (DUMBEST NAME EVER) from grabbing their set.

Also, every page of the comic that I have seen so far is THE DUMBEST THING EVER.

Like, make it a Phoenix or something. Not a real life animal that actually exists and isn't even THAT rare (it's definitely rare in terms of conservation, but not in terms of FRIGGING MAGIC).

None of this is in any way improving my opinion of Barrowman, who I don't like now.

Edited by AyChihuahua

No wonder Black Canary got cancelled, it's been in the teens for the past 2 months. 15.7K last month and 14.4k thia month. Red Hood Arsenal is actually selling the best out of the 3. Green Arrow and Red Hood Arsenal are both in the 22k range.

Sure, but once you find out that their bites on a pregnant woman turn her fetus into an animal telepath, wouldn't you go whole hog on it? I doubt the Akron, Ohio zoo security could prevent "The Hidden" (DUMBEST NAME EVER) from grabbing their set.

Also, every page of the comic that I have seen so far is THE DUMBEST THING EVER.

Like, make it a Phoenix or something. Not a real life animal that actually exists and isn't even THAT rare (it's definitely rare in terms of conservation, but not in terms of FRIGGING MAGIC).

None of this is in any way improving my opinion of Barrowman, who I don't like now.

The explanation is Batshitcrazy but honestly, that sort of endears it to me.  I think Malcolm is a problem, but I enjoy Barrowman immensely. 

• Love 1