Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E20: Live Results 3

• Start Topic

I absolutely cannot believe that people voted in the professional regurgitator.  I cannot watch him; he's just gross.  I'm glad Gary and Daniella made it, but I can't believe they both had to be 'saved,' while the guy who barfs up stuff got through right off.

• Love 3

America loves regurgitation. Thankfully they also love Bluegrass music.

Zero surprises w/ the Dance family, the BMX guys, and Daditude! leaving, I was a little surprised that Selected of God finished no better than 9th. Sometimes choirs (Gospel or otherwise) catch fire on a show like AGT or BGT.

Pleasantly surprised that Gary won the save (by 24 tweets!), I think he would've been the odd person out in a one on one match up w/ Benjamin or Daniella (or the judge vote would've gone 2-2 and reverted back to the popular vote).

I'll bet some imaginary money that the judges WC next week will be Freckled Sky or DM Nation...

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 3

I always like the BTS footage they show during the recap part of the results. WTF at the Daditude guys bashing Chapkis Dance?! Makes me even more glad they got all 4 X's.

How in the world did Mountain Faith Band make it through? They sounded terrible.

I simply do not like Alicia Michelli. I don't even know why. Not looking forward to seeing her again.

Oz looked worried to be up there with the regurgitator. Really glad they both made it through.

Daditude, Freelusion, and extreme motocross guys. Gee, I wonder how this is gonna go.

Yay to Gary getting the Dunkin Save. He shouldn't have even been on the bubble. But LOL at him constantly pointing at himself and mouthing "VOTE FOR ME!"

I'm glad the blind dancer went home. Bye!

Every episode is the best 2 hours of TV ever according to Howie. He says this practically every live episode for as long as I've been watching.

• Love 3

Will there be three wildcards? I think we have 21 semi-finalists now. Most of the times it's 24 semi-finalists (I may be wrong though)..

How may musicians are there? I wish The Gentlemen will return, we don't have enough child and dance acts. 

How in the world did Mountain Faith Band make it through? They sounded terrible.

Because in actuality, they were spot on and enough viewers saw through the audio monkeys' handiwork.

Ameriker did an especially good job this week.  Keep it up!

I loved the classic moment when Heidi was trying to figure out what Howard SAID was his most annoying habit/trait.  Howard was giving her tremendous hints, which promptly went right over her pretty lil' head.  

• Love 1

Will there be three wildcards? I think we have 21 semi-finalists now. Most of the times it's 24 semi-finalists (I may be wrong though)..

How may musicians are there? I wish The Gentlemen will return, we don't have enough child and dance acts. 

I think Nick said there would be one wildcard, so that would give us 22 semifinalists for 2 episodes of 11 acts. 

Based on NBC's website we have:

* 10 Musical Acts (3 Shades of Blue, Alondra, Alicia, Arielle, Benton, CraigLewis Band, Daniella, Mountain Faith, Samantha, & Sharon)

* 2 Magical acts (Derek Hughes and Piff)

* 2 Comedians (Drew Lynch & Gary Vider)

* 2 Illusion acts (Oz & Regurgitator)

* 2 Puppet acts (Paul Zerdin & Ira)

* 2 Dance acts (Freelusion & Siro A)

* 1 Guy with ladder (Uzeyer)

So far, far too many musicians.  Not enough dance or variety acts. Really no child acts except for Alondra & Arielle, but they're both also singer. I hope the musicians wind up splitting the voting pool and eliminate themselves that way.  

Edited by Indy
  • Love 3

the guy who barfs up stuff got through right off.

Not only that, he was told he would be one of the final two, along with "the ventriloquist." Way to spoil the ending for us, Howie.

I am another who cannot watch the barf-up guy. Illusion or real, it's REALLY too gross for me to watch. (I almost said, "stomach.") I turned the channel this week when he asked for Heidi's ring. Just ... no.

• Love 3

I'm glad the dance acts going on have less than 3 words in their names. 

Like, season five's  Studio One Young Beast Society? :)

And the only reason I remember The Roast Beef Society is that they were on the AGT Tour that year with Prince Poppycock. ;)

• Love 1

I'm sure that regurgitator dude is nice enough in real life, but I cannot deal with his act. It makes me gag. I am not looking forward to his future performances but I have a feeling he will get pretty far.

I loved the bluegrass band in their first appearance, but they've gone downhill.  I haven't loved the song choices. Ditto the gospel choir.

Alicia Michelli annoys me and I have no rhyme or reason for it - I just don't like her. 

• Love 2

So half the semifinalists are singers. Yuck. Hopefully they will start splitting votes and knock each other out. So that, for example, we don't get both Alicia and Daniella in the finals. But that's probably wishful thinking. The variety acts are the only thing that makes AGT different. I'd much rather be watching Duo Vladimir or Vita or several others than a bunch of singers who wouldn't even get a second look on The Voice.

Mountain Faith Band I find mildly interesting because it's a style of music we don't hear much on the singing contest shows. (Though I wish they didn't have "faith" in their name, which I think is pandering to the Christian voting bloc). But the rock band is really awful (Howard has been pushing for a rock band forever), Benton Blunt is completely forgettable, Arielle is nothing more than a raw talent, and I cringe at the though of what other classic songs Samantha Johnson is going to murder. (I didn't much like the Craiglewis Band on "Tenderness." Vocal gymnastics does not equal singing with soul).

I guess you could also consider Ira a singing act, and if so, it's the only one I really enjoy.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 3

No real surprises. I got kind of nervous when they put Oz up against the regurgitator, and was relieved when they both made it through. I refuse to watch the regurgitator but he does have talent. I just really don't want the act that I haven't watched once to win the whole season. He seems like a nice guy, though.

I was almost afraid that Daditude had made it through because they didn't get their elimination out of the way right off the bat, but was glad to be proven wrong.

Shit, 24 votes between Gary and the person below him (gonna assume it was Daniella, since they were neck and neck the last time they showed the poll numbers). I'm glad the judges picked her over Benjamin, even if I'm not a fan of singers and this definitely wasn't her best performance. She also seems really sweet, and I got a kick out of her genuinely shocked reaction. Yeah, I'd imagine being up there next to a blind fourteen-year-old made her think she was going home.

ETA: I loved learning that Mel spends the shows drawing dirty pictures on Howie's paper. Go off, Scary, go off.

Edited by helenamonster
  • Love 2

I usually can't stand to watch any of the "gross" acts, and I'm a sympathetic puker, but I love the regurgitator! If it's all just an illusion it's still a damn good one!

And I probably only like him because this season really sucks. At least he truly *is* unique. Most of the other variety acts have not stepped up their game. I don't want to see stupid puppets sing a stupid song or a ventriloquist stay off the stage for half his act. And if Piff pretends to put his dog in danger again he's dead to me. Uzeyer is my only other hope of being entertained.

I'm glad they chose Daniella at the end, imagine being 24 votes down and they chose the one with lowest votes?

But I'm bias, I love her.. going to teach her some personal English lessons... hehe