Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: 40 Days Falling Apart

So many great interesting comments.

I thought about jeff's eel.... ok... would he have shared it if it had not been super HUGE? I mean... could those two men, EJ and Jeff, have cooked and eaten that whole thing before it spoiled and became inedible? I mean if it is going to waste why not share? Im not so sure it was so altruistic as he made it seem. [/jaded]

CHris is as much (or more) of a little catty bitch than the other catty bitchy women. (imo)

Apologies to the cat community for the unfortunate human comparison.

• Love 6

CHris is as much (or more) of a little catty bitch than the other catty bitchy women. (imo)

It was sad when Chris took Dani aside, while the rest conserved energy by the fire, and said something like 'Everyone thinks you aren't doing your part'.  He tried to act as if he was a messenger of the group rather than simply stating his opinion of Dani to Dani. 

He was so rude in his first show, I cannot imagine that he was afraid to stand on his own and say what he thought, but instead needed to hide behind the nebulous identity of 'Everyone".

What a dick.

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 8

They definitely did not help Hakim other than to encourage him to take it easy.  It was a real disappointment that EJ and Jeff did not get the search for water going when they saw how ill Hakim had become.  They knew they would need water sometime, yet they waited until Hakim was gone to 'find' water. Real team mates may have changed direction when they saw one needed help.  It is starting to appear that Jeff & EJ are attempting to use this as a launching pad for reality show fame.  They really like to whoop it up when they kill something.  

I still suspect that Hakims cramping was in part to lack of water but I don't think EJ and Jeff were to blame. It was the whole team's hubris that made them put off finding water in favor of using their energy when they where at their peak to build some kick ass shelter. Their priorities were off. They didn't need to build a permanent shelter at all until they found a water source. It was a bad choice from the start. I think it was only after Hakim left and they lost the turtle that they stopped letting grr, manly, man over confidence lead the way.

Shane worked out but I think they both were freaked out by the notion they wouldn't be so luck again. Plus, yeah, I think they assume woman = bigger chance at drama.

Dani had made the choice to stay with her 3-woman team after they teamed up with Chris and Luke --and chose again to stay with that group even after they added the same two...females who had literally taunted Shane to tears. EJ and Luke wanted no part in Alana's drama and (reluctantly) decided Dani had already made her choices and they had made theirs.

It's not like when Veghead Dani and Alana joined the five person group that they knew about how Shane was treated though. Nor was there any indication that Dani would have had a say against them joining their group. She did judge them by her actions and her need to be away from them and I wouldn't be surprised if the silent disdain triggered the hate campaign against Dani.
  • Love 2

There seems to be a bit of confusion about muscle spasms and how they relate to Hakim tapping out. 

Muscle spasms are typical symptoms of both heat exhaustion and dehydration. While Hakim was cramping, he was desperately thirsty. He had been working very hard on the Alpha Shelter for several hours in the hot sun, with only cactus to 'drink'. Exercise heats up the body, making a person sweat more and increasing their need for fluids.

Heat exhaustion is defined as the condition in which a body is unable to adequately cool itself down by sweating.

With dehydration, there is less fluid available to help cool the person down by sweating, which leads to fatigue (exhaustion). 

Heat exhaustion, dehydration, and muscle spasms are usually just different aspects of the same health problem. 

• Love 5

I really enjoy all these comments.

I've been thinking how odd it is that a group would gang up on the seemingly "weaker" person. I'm not saying Dani was weak but she was quiet and the easiest target, since Shane left. That's the "pecking order". My daughter was the victim of the pecking order in 5th grade. She was literally forced out of her own school and was all set to transfer when she changed her mind, saying, "if I let them force me out now, they'll always force me out". This was probably not the first time Dani was treated unjustly. I think it took courage to ask to join EJ and Jeff, knowing she might face more rejection. Her self esteem probably hit rock bottom after that. I'm not blaming EJ and Jeff but it still had to hurt.

• Love 11

There is no editing that can change the vicious gossiping Alana was promoting. And it's already the second person who has issues with her, there is little doubt that SHE is the problem and not everyone else. It's also amazing how she barely talks to Dani in front of her but as soon as she turns her back the bitching begins.

I think Jeff's behavior was commendable from a human point, but I don't think that was the proper thing to do from the survival view. Don't get me wrong, I really respect how he completely brushed off his negative feelings about the other group, whoever said that he is the true Christian got it right, the guy seems virtuous like a monk. But this is a survival show, and from the survival point of view, this could prove to be a horrible decision for his own group.

As for Dani, I really felt sorry for her, because I am also an introvert and I understand very well how she must have felt. I wish the guys had accepted her, it's just a week. She was also the only person I really cared about in the bitchy group. It's a real shame that she had to tap out.

• Love 8

Forgot to mention, but that XLR is such bullshit. Group is doing great, catches another Eel and gets 0.1. Bitchy group is falling apart, starving and unable to sustain themselves without outer help and lose 0.1. Seriously? How is that group even remotely 7.5 (or was it 7.6?) when they would be starving to death without the constant help from the other group? Their strategy is terrible.

Edited by Faitu
  • Love 6

I'm only guessing the XLR is taking into consideration that the larger group is expending less energy by having more people to do the day to day tasks, while the 2 guys are forced to do everything and burn more energy.

So the 2 guys are doing great, but having a larger group is better if this was reality and they weren't all going home in a few days.

That's ignoring that the 2 guys have caught 3 eels and dug a well, while the larger group has caught  1 stingray and ran one of there members away(3 if you count Honora and Shane(who was originally with Alana and Danielle) and I sort of understand Honora better now.  I think she was still more in the wrong, but I don't doubt that Chris was probably a big factor in how she was acting now).

• Love 1

what a joke, this Alana is.  i suppose parasitism is a form of surviving......they just "happen" to go where shane and the alpha's were heading so that "they are closer to the extraction" point.......how convenient is that?  and that fish she supposedly caught a while back?  notice how small it was and then when she was cooking it, it "miraculously" got bigger.

don't even get me started on the stingray.  notice how quiet they got when cooking it.  and how they tried justiying not giving (not even a bite) even days after.  and yet when jeff catches teh 3rd eel, the hate coming from the parasite camp.  that parasite camp, in the real jungle, as the first ones that gets killed off and eaten.....of course alana would convince the others first to be on the front line cause she will be on the back side, being a parasite.

no, jeff.  u didn't have to share.  but you would cause that's the kind of guy you are.

this show has become one joke after another.  makes me doubt some of the times these "survivalists" caught food from behind the scenes.....like those "2 lobsters" that just "happen" to be caught in the trap by laura.....kinda makes you wonder.

these survalists are clearly a click as laura and eva clearly know each other.  so far, these, superwoman have shown nothing to the table of wroth except win at being bitches and latchign on to strong men to get "real" food......oh yeah, and justifying how not to share food.  maybe they can put out to the cameramen so there will be another "miraculous" lobsters in a trap...i mean dead bird lying around on the road, lol.

and last week, how does the alpha rating drop "because of shane being weak" when the dude just found them an endless supply of fresh water.......huh?

Edited by lovebug1975
  • Love 7

Forgot to mention, but that XLR is such bullshit. Group is doing great, catches another Eel and gets 0.1. Bitchy group is falling apart, starving and unable to sustain themselves without outer help and lose 0.1. Seriously? How is that group even remotely 7.5 (or was it 7.6?) when they would be starving to death without the constant help from the other group? Their strategy is terrible.

exactly.  they drop the alphas .1 because of shane, just dimissing that he just built them a freaking well for fresh water........i mean do they have chimps evaluating the ratings.  the other group are clearly filled with half parasites and their ratings go up?  maybe they meant viewership ratings since the bitch parasitic alana joined the group.

• Love 4

The group of seven are absolutely pathetic. They seriously need to come to reality and face the fact that they would have already been gone if not for the constant help from Jeff and EJ. They had the nerve to (mainly Chris) comment on Jeff making an "a$$hole move" by not sharing his eel (which he did) after they had JUST flat out ate their Ray and refused to share..... After EJ and Jeff had already shared plenty of food in the past?!?! Unreal!! Chris is a coward that tries to act tough as though he speaks his mind etc. when he does nothing of the sort. He basically tells Dani that everyone else wants her to do more and he's not much more than a messenger and then in front of the group he says "I already said what I needed to say to her". I realize that it may be easy to sit from your couch and say that you are unimpressed but seriously...... These people in this group are "survivalists"? They do absolutely nothing that shows any skill whatsoever. They find grasshoppers and spiders to eat and sleep by a fire and have this ego that they are doing something impossible. I know that I would spend 80 days out there before I spent a week with Honora, Alana or Chris. Bottom line is that if EJ and Jeff weren't willing to support them they would have already been gone. Survivalists my a$$

• Love 8

I have never hated a group of people so much as the seven idiots.  At least on Survivor you have jerks, but the drama is often funny and entertaining.  This is just sad.  A bunch of eighth grade bullies led by the toxic Alana.  I almost want to make a Twitter account just to rag on them.  What a bunch of losers.  Jeff and EJ are the only reason they're not tapping out.  Who was it, Laura who made the crack that Dani hadn't evolved like they have?  Really?  They're at the developmental level of preteens.  Just a sad and sorry group of individuals with arrested development.

Note to Discovery: If you do another season, make it about surviving nature, not surviving junior high school.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 15

I think XL is light years more interesting than N&A -- and I really like N&A.  The group dynamics are fascinating.  My only disappointment is to learn that production interfered with the survivalists' decision making. 

Danit's group is awfully lucky Jeff shared the eel he killed with them.  The conflicts -- both internally and probably with Jeff and EJ -- would have flown off the charts without that. 

• Love 2

I was saying to my husband whilst watching, "Why doesn't Dani go out on her own.  She survived a few days without the others." 

Also, I wish Jeff hadn't hooted and hollered so much.  He would have had an easier time just keeping all of his catch.  I would have stuffed myself full of eel and then give the left overs to the other group...if I wanted.

I hate Chris.  I hated him on his episode too.  A jerk all around. 

Now, I'm not a fan of Shane, I think he has a huge chip on his shoulder and going out constantly working when it really wasn't totally necessary was a little foolish, but at the same time, he would have thrived had he only been around some positive people.  Alana is a terrible person and Danielle is just too timid.

While everyone on team lazy ass is sitting around, why aren't they building dams, weaving mats and nets and fish gathering tools?  Or even just take the net and go out and fish?  Try different ways to do it?  If you want to sit all the time and conserve energy you can still be productive. 

Couldn't they have put up the mosquito net from tree to tree to catch some birds?

Ug, some of these people.

Edited by Biosynth
  • Love 1

When other caught more than they could eat in not XL, they dried meat to preserve it, cooking it slower - the uber guy team could have justified doing that for the long trek to the pick up location.

Sorry for mixing up Jason with Luke. 

• Love 2

I thought Jeff's hollering was a bit over to top too but what else would you do in a situation where food is scarce and you've caught your third eel, enough to keep a group going for a few more days.

He should have shared it after he and EJ had their feast, picked it over and let it cool down. Chris, Luke, etc. were willing to help but it was after Jeff yelled for EJ - the others could have gotten an eel for themselves if they only knew what they were doing. You'd think it would be easier for them since there are more of them.

• Love 2

I thought Jeff's hollering was a bit over to top too but what else would you do in a situation where food is scarce and you've caught your third eel, enough to keep a group going for a few more days.

He should have shared it after he and EJ had their feast, picked it over and let it cool down. Chris, Luke, etc. were willing to help but it was after Jeff yelled for EJ - the others could have gotten an eel for themselves if they only knew what they were doing. You'd think it would be easier for them since there are more of them.

They could have dried the meat like holly4755 said, so they would have food until the last day. Now unless they catch something else they're probably making the trip to the final spot in a pretty bad condition, since there's still a few days ahead. Jeff is a superb fisher, but he also needs some luck for his catches, it's not something he can rely on entirely.

And in the end, this may sound a bit cruel to the big team, but this is a survival show and we're not seeing much survival from them, they're just eating what they're given. Except for Dani (the EMT) who has to rely on her foraging and planning to make it to the end, the rest of the team is pretty much expecting food to magically fall on their platters. I don't think it's a good idea to go with the "lazy survival" strategy when you have absolutely no food to guarantee you'll make it to the end.

• Love 5

Yeah, I'm disappointed in the way the big team has demonstrated their ability to survive. I knew with many more people than the 2 people teams on Naked and Afraid we'd see some politicking, dramatics and hurt feelings but if you're hungry go get some food for yourself, don't wait for it to be handed to you!

• Love 6

I thought about jeff's eel....

Hee. And, ew.

Whenever anyone was crossing the savannah to Piranha Lake I kept expecting them to pass those HUGE letters of either their camp names or "DAY 21" or something.  I really liked the idea of this show but the mean girls are making it so tiresome. Hate Chris, too.

• Love 4

I was really looking forward to the XL series. I imagined the brightest and best, finding their way to each other, setting up a successful camp and becoming a productive little community, showing us how it's done. Instead, we have all but 2 people, laying around, waiting for the 40 days to be over, while they bitch and moan. Huh? Heck, I could do that (just ask my husband, lol.) For one thing, there were past contestants were more qualified than the rag tag group we're stuck with. If the producers want to do another XL series, I sure hope they don't insult the audience again by selecting bullies and parasitic sloths. By the way, what happened to the shelter that the large group was building a couple weeks ago?

• Love 10

I was really looking forward to the XL series. I imagined the brightest and best, finding their way to each other, setting up a successful camp and becoming a productive little community, showing us how it's done. .... For one thing, there were past contestants were more qualified than the rag tag group we're stuck with. If the producers want to do another XL series, I sure hope they don't insult the audience again....

Totally agree.  I have thought about several of the past participants that would have been superior to several of what Discover gave us.

Discover may have been limited by finding people who were available for 40 days and the preceding and following days necessary.  I am certain a lot the quality participants we have seen also have jobs that would not be conducive to 45 straight days of absence.

Why wouldn't Honora be available for 45 days?  For that matter a couple of these people are able to promote themselves from their involvement, people like Luke, Skullcrusher and Jeff.

"insult the audience" is such a wonderful way of putting it.  Who thinks Honora really the best female available for XL?  There would plenty of females who did not complete their 21 day challenge who could have done better on the 'Everest of Survival Challenges'.

• Love 4

Jeff had me with his apology after catching the eel. It was so sincere, and at a moment when he could have crowed. I haven't liked the term "alpha" male but with his actions I think Jeff truly is that.  He's someone who can lead a group without resorting to pettiness. Chris on the other hand.....what an ass. What an ASS. I don't know enough about Dani but even if their complaints about her were completely valid, their reaction is over the top catty with a good dose of malice thrown in. Every single one of them. Difficult circumstances I know, but wow it's hard to watch a group of people treating another person like that.  That said, EJ and Jeff were completely right not to take Dani in.  There's too much drama associated with her and that group and they don't need it.

• Love 3

Alana is loathsome, but Chris is fast approaching her level.  These two are horrible human beings.  I wish they had been paired on the same team in the beginning to see what would have happened.  They are nasty bullies.  I have to wonder what their family and friends think watching them on TV.  But then again, they will probably excuse it to "being hungry and tired".  

How many episodes are left?  I don't know how much more of Chris I can take.  Every time I see his smug asswipe face on my TV I want to throw something.

• Love 7

How many episodes are left? I don't know how much more of Chris I can take. Every time I see his smug asswipe face on my TV I want to throw something.

Pretty sure next is the last one. I really want to know the aftermath of it all though.
  • Love 2
(edited)

I was saying to my husband whilst watching, "Why doesn't Dani go out on her own.  She survived a few days without the others."

I think it's about motivation at that point.  I agree that she could have survived another week on her own and I also think she knew it BUT she had to decided if the emotional misery was worth it. 

Even on her own she was still going to be stuck with the whispers and looks.  She, I think, needed EJ and Jeff's water source.  (Which they were sharing with her at least)  She didn't have a container to boil water.  Before there were fresh running water sources of clean water I guess but that lake was sludge and it didn't seem like there was another water source closer to the extraction point or at least no known ones. 

So Dani was stuck being around these really hateful people (what kind of survivalist throws someone out to fend for themselves because they don't let down their walls?)  and she had to decide if she had anything to prove to herself by staying for the rest of the time.  I think she decided she didn't. 

In many ways, it was the braver choice because even though it was an arbitrary goal set by a tv show, there will be those in the survivalist community that will say she failed even though she went another 10 days at least over the original 21 day challenge and didn't appear to be suffering like the rest of her group.  Not just the survivalist community but also the public.  I wish for my own sense of fairness that she would have gone it alone to stick it to the Lazy6, but that's for my own personal satisfaction and she really doesn't owe me - a faceless viewer - anything.  This is her real life and the emotional trauma wasn't worth it to her. 

I admire her ability to be able to separate what's really important from what feels important, 'cause again, it is really just an arbitrary challenge with no real meaning behind it.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 11

So Dani was stuck being around these really hateful people (what kind of survivalist throws someone out to fend for themselves because they don't let down their walls?)  and she had to decide if she had anything to prove to herself by staying for the rest of the time.  I think she decided she didn't. 

The kind that's a manipulator who wants to get rid of one more mouth to feed. 

He and Alana are cut from the same toxic cloth.  Invent and lead the charge against others to keep from being put out yourself, even if it's not necessary.  I was thinking about when Dani overheard the women cutting her down, and talking about her being a liar and sociopath.  I would bet cash money that Alana has been lying ABOUT Dani to make HER seem "untrustworthy"or whatever stupid crap Eva came up with at their "tribunal."

• Love 6

The kind that's a manipulator who wants to get rid of one more mouth to feed. 

He and Alana are cut from the same toxic cloth.  Invent and lead the charge against others to keep from being put out yourself, even if it's not necessary.  I was thinking about when Dani overheard the women cutting her down, and talking about her being a liar and sociopath.  I would bet cash money that Alana has been lying ABOUT Dani to make HER seem "untrustworthy"or whatever stupid crap Eva came up with at their "tribunal."

Yeah, the lies thing really rang odd to me. My impression of Dani was someone that didn't waste her time on nonsense or beat around the bush. She's not the one that comes off likely to be the liar. The accusation really came out of nowhere.

• Love 7

Yeah, the lies thing really rang odd to me. My impression of Dani was someone that didn't waste her time on nonsense or beat around the bush. She's not the one that comes off likely to be the liar. The accusation really came out of nowhere.

She seemed genuinely mystified by it herself.  I believed her, anyway.  I had this happen to me at work once.  It was very confusing, but it all came out later, and the backstabbing liar was exposed (and not by me!).  Everything seemed fine til Alana showed up with her little smirks, and whispers, and "knowing" glances.  And then Chris  just recognized the opportunity and pretended like he was some kind of leader/spokesperson and escalated it.  And worst of all, IMO, is that Luke KNEW it.

• Love 7

... And worst of all, IMO, is that Luke KNEW it.

From Luke's Bio:

"For the last 3 years, Luke has mentored hundreds of people in the wilderness and has witnessed first hand how nature connection helps bring about growth, health, and vitality to everyone's life. Luke believes that it is every human's birthright to have a deep, physical, emotional, and spiritual connection to our Earth."

Hmmmmm...... Here's hoping his survival school students learn how to survive the likes of Eva, Alana, Chris and their silent accomplices. 

• Love 4

Isn't Chris supposed to be a fisherman?  Has he caught any fish on this challenge?

Was Chris the one who, on his episode, has this strange partner who kept saying she wanted to be left alone?  I think it was something like, they couldn't figure out how to get fire, and she kept saying she wanted to be left alone, then she tapped out and then Chris made a fire?  Wasn't it that they couldn't get fire, so she freaked out and then tapped out?  

Maybe that's what's wrong with both Chris and Alana, they can't get along with anybody because they both had partners who tapped out early on, leaving them to survive alone.  Neither of them know how to get along with anybody.

Edited by Neurochick

Yes.  They were on an island somewhere and he was a supreme ass.  They couldn't get fire, he got snippy and commanding and demanding and dismissive.  I remember in his intro that he said he is always in charge.  He disagreed with almost everything his partner was trying to do, just so he could prove that he was "the man" and in charge.  Very similar to the way he treated Honora.  Honora sees fruit in the tree and is willing to climb up and get it and he disagrees.

I think he is close to 40 and single and said something about how he was hoping for a love connection.  She couldn't tolerate him and walked off for a bit.  He said something like "I know plenty of girls who would KILL to be naked and alone with me on an island for 21 days".  She tapped out.  As if by magic, as soon as she left, he was able to make fire.  (Translation:  production gave him a dry string for his firebow thing, and in between cuts and edits, probably slipped a burning match in there.)

He is a misogynistic douchenozzle.

• Love 3

My little note to Discovery viewer relations.

This is Naked and Afraid NOT Survivor.  If you decide to do another season of this disappointment, please bring back real survivalists.  I want to watch a show about surviving nature, not junior high school bullying.  I want to watch survivalists, not fame whores.  The abusive and sophomoric behavior has not been entertaining and I won't watch another season of it.  You had a great opportunity with this show but what you have delivered is an embarrassment.

• Love 11

This is Naked and Afraid NOT Survivor.  If you decide to do another season of this disappointment, please bring back real survivalists.  I want to watch a show about surviving nature, not junior high school bullying.  I want to watch survivalists, not fame whores.  The abusive and sophomoric behavior has not been entertaining and I won't watch another season of it.  You had a great opportunity with this show but what you have delivered is an embarrassment.

AMEN. Imagine how great this show could have been. They could have shown how to build different shelters for different size groups. Instead we have Bitch Group 6 sleeping on the damn ground. They could have shown different group hunting techniques. Instead we see them falling into the water trying to catch a stingray. We could have seen the delegation of different tasks, like gathering, fishing, hunting, fire, water, etc. Instead we see someone being bitched out for taking on tasks like water and gathering for being "too easy." We could have seen people encourage each other through the psychological aspects of survival. Instead we see a bunch of assholes being assholes. This show SUCKS. I am basically slogging through it at this point. If next season (if there is a next season) is ANYTHING like this, they will see much lower ratings, I guarantee it.

• Love 5

I am so glad I found the outrage that I felt on this board! I thought I was going crazy! I saw that Chris posted on his facebook page a screen shot of a very kind message from Jeff about the editing in an attempt to show that he (Chris) was not an asshole. Unfortunately for Chris, all it did was further confirm his asshole-ness. :/

https://www.facebook.com/chris.fischer.nj

Yeah, I still don't buy it.
  • Love 1

I am so glad I found the outrage that I felt on this board!  I thought I was going crazy!  I saw that Chris posted on his facebook page a screen shot of a very kind message from Jeff about the editing in an attempt to show that he (Chris) was not an asshole.  Unfortunately for Chris, all it did was further confirm his asshole-ness. :/

https://www.facebook.com/chris.fischer.nj

how would jeff even know that he is not an asshole when they are in separate groups?  did chris even think about that before posting the jeff message?  would only look like the jeff posting was "scripted", lol......yeah....seems legit.  /sarcasm.

• Love 2

It is funny how when fans react to the characters in a negative way, the characters claim they are victims of editing.  Their best defense is to use a catchphrase indicating disregard for critical remarks.  They're victims alright, but it's not the editing.

Strangely it seems like 3 popular characters have quit, and the remaining characters are less popular than the quitters.  It was sad to see Hakim, Dani J. and Shane leave.

Honora, Alana and Chris were cast for specific reasons which were not to demonstrate their survival or communication skills.  They brought a great deal of interest to the show that may not have been created if all the characters were like Dani J.

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 4

I would give Chris credit for not confronting Dani in public but then he makes her go and apologize to the whole group, which she agrees to with grace but then instead of taking her words and moving forward, they used them  to further bitch about everything and she gets no support from anyone.  I foolishly thought that Chris was going to say he was satisfied and trusted the problem solved.  He got nothing but acceptance of his message from Dani (whether he should have or not) but that wasn't enough.  They wanted to punish her for their perceived slights.  And Chris seems to think he was a good guy for not FURTHER piling on Dani in public while he's the one that reeled her in and then left her hanging. 

The Lazy6 seemed to pride themselves on not having a leader and "just knowing what needed to get done" but that's just a crappy excuse for poor communication skills.  Expectations need to be communicated, not assumed that everyone will magically intuit them out of the ether.  It's a situation that lets those in the group get royally pissed off about stuff that the outsider would never have a clue about and because they don't have a clue, the group feels justified in hating them even more.  

By the time they ever said anything to Dani, they'd already mentally cast her out of the group.  She had already been tried and found guilty in their bitch sessions. 

On Chris's Facebook, there is a lot of disappointment in him but there are also those that say the Lazy6 should be cut a break because their brains weren't working right due to starvation.  I can agree about the brains not working right but I think the challenge only magnified what was already there.   

• Love 4

I agree with this, but it's not going to happen.  Years ago there was a show like that, they weren't naked though.  It started off as a show in Alaska, three groups of people who had to survive before the winter; they had three different shelters I think, good show.  The second season was in Alaska too but the third season was in South America, the people had to survive together, they had to hike to certain areas and find out what they were supposed to do next, I think in the end they had to build a raft.  It was an interesting show, but guess what?  Discovery took it off in the middle of the season, if it hadn't been "on demand" I never would have watched it.  

I think Discovery realized that today, most people want the DRAMA; they don't want to see people just surviving, that's boring to them.  

It's like this:  In 2000 the US had Big Brother for the first time.  They did it like it is in Europe, the public votes off the people.  Guess what?  The public voted off the abusive, volatile people and the show became one big snooze fest.  Ever since then, they ditched that idea and came up with new ides, ones that generate drama. Nobody wants to see people sitting quietly inside a house all getting along; they want drama.  

Also, many, many, many nice people act like assholes when they're hungry, which is why they say in Recovery:  Never be to hungry, angry, lonely or tired, HALT.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2

I agree with so much that has been said. However, I do not understand why Dani... (is that her name?) should be saddled with any drama of the other people. I mean Jeff and EJ could have easily taken her in and I wish they had. I don't think she should be blamed for the drama since she did  not CAUSE any of it in my opinion. What was her crime? Taking a walk to clear her head and steady herself and explore? Sheesh omg... the humanity!

I super agree that Chris is a supreme colossal ASS. Well, said.....catty petty.... ASS (imo)

Edited by ari333
  • Love 1

anyone else cheering on the stingray against alana? lol.

frankly, there is only one real survivalist who showed skills...jeff.  i'm surprised EJ spent this much time without cutting himself yet.  even he has ridden on jeff's coat tails quite a bit.

• Love 1

Funny about the stingray - when Jeff caught it and said he was done sharing, I cheered. At least Eva was considerate enough to share later.

I'm sure she did that out of her own pride like she and her weasel-y group does everything. She needed to show that her group weren't such weak links after all and could get a big kill just like Jeff and EJ.

• Love 2

seems rather suspect that every time there just "happens" to be "food opportunity" when laura needs it.  the two lobsters that just happen to be there inside her trap.  the "small caiman" that just happen to be there while walking with her group.....and just right after the interview of how "she happen to have something left to prove".......gotta love those falling dead birds and "tiny" animals just happen to find the weak group's path......whatevs.....

guess who was first to talk about not sharing the caiman?  yup, the parasite, alana.......i guess she can blame the editing crew for making her say that.....lol.

• Love 3