Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: The Other Side

The intro sequence needs to be updated -- since Molly talks at length about her two sons, but now one is dead.

Well, that dream sequence of Molly's was a complete waste of time.  Her father was banging the neighbor -- who cares ?  And that somehow explains all of Molly's trust issues.  FFS !!  And now Molly is dead, but you know that it's not going to take.

And the humanichs don't get updated properly before the hyrbrid attack -- you just know that is going to come back and bite them in the ass.

So, 5 hybrids survived the virus attack -- how exactly did Tara dodge getting the virus exactly ?  Because I thought she got away with Ares, but it sounds like she was intentionally playing possum to fool the GSC scientists as part of a plan, like they knew the humanichs and the virus attack were coming the whole time -- which makes no sense.  Sure is a good thing they didn't autopsy her before lunch. </sarcasm>

The hybrids are going to kill everyone using the GSC's own virus supply.   Sure, why not ?

That's some pretty shitty security on the virus vault door.

• Love 5

Were they all drunk or on drugs when they came up with this episode? What the heck was that, seriously?

And of course Molly's not dead. The hybrids are going to revive her somehow. I did like that music in the final minutes, though.

• Love 4

Were they all drunk or on drugs when they came up with this episode? What the heck was that, seriously?

And of course Molly's not dead. The hybrids are going to revive her somehow. I did like that music in the final minutes, though.

Felt very weird, which of the writers came up with the weird Carnival dream sequence?

Oh Molly is 'dead' in a cliffhanger way, they couldn't even kill Tobias when he was shot a while back in that cliffhanger ending and then the next episode treated it like nothing.

• Love 2

Well, I loved the carnival theme. A good tribute to Ray Bradbury, with eerie carny music accompaning. Something wicked this way comes, indeed. But is it the humans, humanichs, or hybrids?

Edited by Rhetorica
  • Love 1

The carnival flashback was deliciously creepy and well put together. But it took waaaay too long and therefore we missed out on the real meat and potatoes of the story. This needed to be a 2 part episode! I do like the redemption of Julie. In general this season makes so much more sense and these are storylines I can sink my teeth into.

Assuming Molly makes it back from purgatory, why is it that Ahdu doesnt survive the virus but she (presumably) does? Her 99% human DNA?

• Love 2

I guess it was suppose to be a big thing that the carnival dream sequence ends up being that Molly had found out her dad was having an affair with a neighbor on the same day her mother died, but I was just distracted by two things.  1) Since various characters kept popping up in her visions, it really felt odd that John never showed up, and I wonder if they had wanted to, but Goran Visjnic returning was a no go.  I mean, I just found it strange that the doctor played by Michael Gladis showed up, but not the guy she'd been in love with at one point.  1) I wonder if there was any CGI going on with Tobias' juggling act, or if that was all David Morissey.

Of course, the ending cracked me up, because really: Molly ain't dead.  I'm pretty sure Halle Berry is the sole reason Extant even exists.  No way she's leaving, and all that's left in the lead departments are Jeffery Dean Morgan, a kid, and Meryl Streep's daughter.

Anyway, the leftover hybrids have now crashed the party, and are getting ready to unleash their own virus on humans (well, borrow one from the GSC, it seems.)  So, this forces Charlie to reboot the humanichs, even though they still could go on humans any second.  Either way, I have a feeling the humans are going to be having a rough time in these next few episodes.

Tobias and JD do the typical "enemies drink together and kind of get along" thing, that's been done before, but the actors at least made it work.  Also it looks like Tobias really didn't have anything to do with John's death, and even named another enemy of John's, who could have done it.  I wonder if that guy will popping up soon.

• Love 2

Since various characters kept popping up in her visions, it really felt odd that John never showed up, and I wonder if they had wanted to, but Goran Visjnic returning was a no go.

But they would've had plenty of season 1 footage of him. Maybe they thought it would diminish the build up of the OTP of Molly and JD.

I thought the carnival "memories" were a retcon/ last minute addition, in order to give Molly a reason to think it was okay to go ahead and die. As opposed to all the other times she could've had the same situation (life-or-death) and self-revelation back in Season 1. I have opinions on that, but they are better in another thread.

Of course Julie and Charlie can't get anyone else to do anything with timeliness, then we won't have another Hybrid/ Humanechs showdown. I'm sort of okay with that, as this is a drama and needs dramatic action at points. It's that Aries and Terra seem to be mustache-twirling Hybrid Magnetos now that Adhu/ Prof. Xavier is gone. Dude sitting at a security desk is as culpable as Toby and his superiors for what happened at the hybrid compound? Calling Kevin Smith...

The hi-jacking of viruses, though, unless these alien hybrids mind-read every worker and every worker knew which viruses were the most likely to kill the biggest number of humans,  seems silly. Also, I was under the impression that viruses that deadly are kept in order to make serums/"cures" if those viruses ever are used. I disbelieve Ten Minutes Into The Future USA doesn't have medical centers, like the CDC, which could act to keep some folks alive. We will see how the nefarious plan actually goes down next week.

We also were introduced to Chekov's Faraday Cage. 

The carnival, could have been actually creepy, but the brightly lit grounds and bright colors didn't give off a creepy vibe to me. The music wasn't even that spooky; it felt like regular carnival music. Musak for the Midway. There could have been more meaningful uses of the waking world folk in Molly's dreamscape, but then we wouldn't have had Louis Gossett, Jr. having The Sex in a tawdry manner and cryptic, ultimately useless vignettes of Molly being unsure. Because we haven't seen Molly trying to decide which side she needs to believe in or if there is another way for her to act in the seemingly inevitable upcoming bloodshed.

Another peeve: For Molly being in quarantine, as per Toby, there sure were a lot of people traipsing in and out of where she was and without protective gear too boot! Including medical staff! This is why I think Toby is a  asshat who is a power-hungry sociopath with a crush on Molly. That JD, a man who has legitimate beef with Tobias, would sit down and get buzzed/drunk with the man who caused him to desert the armed forces? Maybe for a snort or two but not the full crystal decanter. Toby is so miffed at the idea he would kill a friend or willingly kill his own troops, that he loses sight of the fact that he actually did the latter, as well as hit a civilian target on  our soil ( the bar where Molly and Adhu were) and gave the kill order that is directly killing Molly, as she guessed it might at the negotiation last episode.

Has Anna been offed/ eaten by HBIC Kate Burton? I hate her character as much as Hilarie Burton's because both are the paint-by-numbers " don't tell me about the birth, just show me the baby" mindset that inevitably is followed and proven wrong. There may yet be a twist, which I would welcome as refreshing, if it isn't the usual cliché that the writers seem to be leaning on heavily this season. (Not that there weren't easy clichés used last season too.)

Also it looks like Tobias really didn't have anything to do with John's death, and even named another enemy of John's, who could have done it.  I wonder if that guy will popping up soon.

I smell red herring, but then again, I currently believe that Anna has a secret merc wetworks squad for just that kind of situation. ( See, that is also possibly why I didn't dig Toby's aide/lover. Anna seems more together and able to compartmentalize than the woman who eventually transferred out. Though she got out at a good time, imo. *g*) I have no interest in potential enemies John had prior to the Humanechs project. If we can't get actual closure on the sensible Yamamoto thread from last season, don't bring in folks that predate that stuff. Mileage varies, of course.

I was glad that Ethan got his "lost" memories back. Hopefully that will play a good role in the coming episode(s).

I thought the carnival "memories" were a retcon/ last minute addition, in order to give Molly a reason to think it was okay to go ahead and die. As opposed to all the other times she could've had the same situation (life-or-death) and self-revelation back in Season 1. I have opinions on that, but they are better in another thread.

It seemed more like them having some of the actors do some weird stuff for a while, which would account some characters randomly appearing, while others are conveniently missing.

Well, this episode felt a little bit like filler.  We already knew that Molly's dad wasn't exactly the most caring or attentive father/grandfather in the world, so the carnival scenes were largely a rehash of issues from season 1 = filler.  Back in "non-dream world," Molly is lying in a boring coma while various people talk to her for what seems like years = more filler.  Also, Molly is surely not really going to die or there won't be a show, so what's with the pathetic cliffhanger where they make it look like she walked into the light?  C'mon, Show!

I'm actually enjoying a lot of things about the show this season and thought last episode had a good pace to it so maybe that's why I was a little extra disappointed that this episode was slower and was more about positioning the characters for action.

So the only alien hybrids who survived were the bad ones?

Count me as another who doesn't care about some potential enemy that John had in the past.  Unless it is a character we have already met, I don't care.

• Love 4

Assuming Molly makes it back from purgatory, why is it that Ahdu doesnt survive the virus but she (presumably) does? Her 99% human DNA?

Well being human may make her more resistant to the Hybrid targeted virus. Of course since the Spore aliens could breed with the humans and produce fertile young you'd think there'd be some concerns about the virus infecting humans as well in the process. Admittedly there hasn't been much foresight used by the Government types so far so maybe it's too much to expect them to think about the long term consequences of creating a robot army or releasing a half assed bio weapon and attempting a genocide instead of having a conversation with the Hybrids like sane people.

The hi-jacking of viruses, though, unless these alien hybrids mind-read every worker and every worker knew which viruses were the most likely to kill the biggest number of humans,  seems silly. Also, I was under the impression that viruses that deadly are kept in order to make serums/"cures" if those viruses ever are used. I disbelieve Ten Minutes Into The Future USA doesn't have medical centers, like the CDC, which could act to keep some folks alive. We will see how the nefarious plan actually goes down next week.

Another peeve: For Molly being in quarantine, as per Toby, there sure were a lot of people traipsing in and out of where she was and without protective gear too boot! Including medical staff! This is why I think Toby is a  asshat who is a power-hungry sociopath with a crush on Molly. That JD, a man who has legitimate beef with Tobias, would sit down and get buzzed/drunk with the man who caused him to desert the armed forces? Maybe for a snort or two but not the full crystal decanter. Toby is so miffed at the idea he would kill a friend or willingly kill his own troops, that he loses sight of the fact that he actually did the latter, as well as hit a civilian target on  our soil ( the bar where Molly and Adhu were) and gave the kill order that is directly killing Molly, as she guessed it might at the negotiation last episode.

I don't think the Hybrids are aiming to kill the entire human population with stolen viruses. I think they're going for an eye for an eye thing and will simply release every single virus at the facility into a heavily populated transit hub (train station) as retaliation for the Human Government using bio weapons on them. It won't kill all the humans but it would probably cause a lot of chaos that would help them blend in to new environments and leave behind virus immune humans to breed with.

I didn't understand anything about the quarantine. Didn't they release the virus to spread it to the other Hybrids which would mean they'd have contact with humans. Molly and Ahdu had multiple contacts with humans post infection since apparently the army didn't bother with Road blocks. Toby is a lying sack. I doubt the quarantine was of the medical variety but of the faraday version.

So the only alien hybrids who survived were the bad ones?

Count me as another who doesn't care about some potential enemy that John had in the past.  Unless it is a character we have already met, I don't care.

Perhaps any of the surviving 'good ones' once their former leader got killed as well as 80% of their community they switched sides to "SCREW THE HUMANS."

• Love 1

I agree with others. Tonight's show was straight up filler. I understand what they might've been trying to do with the carnival scenes but I was mostly bored by them.

I too wonder how the "evil" hybrids survived the virus while Abdu didn't. And wasn't Ares one of the first to go down during the attack? How is it that he's still walking around? At least Tara's survival can be somewhat explained by her running and hiding inside then later disappearing again.

I'm curious about whose behind John's death, but probably not as engaged with this part of the story as I should be. The writers, I think, could've done a much better job with the mystery surrounding his death than they done and thus made the story more intriguing. At this point, I think only Ethan or Molly being revealed as his killer would make me care. That said, I do appreciate how John has been 'present' throughout the season despite his death. Which is kind of refreshing considering many shows tend to immediately forget a main character once they're killed off.

One thing I'm really happy about is Ethan getting his memories back. Hopefully, like last season, he can be helpful with the crisis at hand.

Forgot to add - Did JD forget about his daughter? He went through all of that, getting captured and all so that she would be released, but did he go see her afterwards or was his immediate focus Molly? I will be the first to say that he has great chemistry with Molly and he is a good person in that he's helped her more than anyone else would, but from what I've seen he is a crappy father. And though I can buy that he does care about Molly, his speech to her about 'needing her' took things a bit too far IMHO. I think the potential is there for those types of feelings but I don't think the relationship has been given enough mileage to be there yet.

Based on the previews for the next episode it looks like

Lucy is back. How is it possible for her to be back with full body in tack when Ethan pretty much ripped her heart out with blue humanich's blood spilling all over the floor to boot?

Edited by Enero
  • Love 1

So...  Molly is dead. The End.  No? 

The carnival dreamscape stuff was bizarre - and there was way too much of it (filler). And what was the lesson that Molly was supposed to learn from it? That humans are lying adulterers (John and Molly's Dad), but that's the kind of weakness that defines humanity, and humanity is worth saving from hybrids and humanichs...

Based on that, I can see why Molly got on the "Final Destination" ride. (And that sequence went on way too long.)

I found it funny that JD was hand-holding Molly and giving her a coma speech about not giving up and her being the best person to ever to be born ... and then Toby comes in, offers him some booze, and JD's outta there...

The whole new "unknown enemy of John" who might want him dead seemed to come from left field. ...Unless it ties back to a character we have already seen before. 

Speaking of people we've seen before, what's happened to Julie's pro-military lady boss? 

The hybrids versus unstable humanichs battle does seem pretty exciting, tho... I'm in for that. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 1

I agree with others. Tonight's show was straight up filler. I understand what they might've been trying to do with the carnival scenes but I was mostly bored by them.

It was mostly a daddy subplot with characters randomly thrown in and out of the long dream sequence.

• Love 1

Really struggling to stay interested in this. No one to really root for. Molly is all over the place, and the rest of the humans are dumb. The hybrids are murderous jerks who lost my sympathy a long time ago. And the humanichs are supposed to be broken in some way, although I kind of agree with the Secretary of whatever that from her point of view, Lucy's actions kind of made sense.

My certain to be wrong prediction: The Humanichs stop/kill the hybrids but Lucy convinces them to go ahead and release the anti-human virus anyway, because "kill all humans" or whatever.

Edited by Latverian Diplomat

I agree with everyone's thoughts about this episode just being filler.  I was confused by Molly's death dream and wondered why I was supposed to care about it.  Then they revealed the parallels between her father's cheating and Molly's husband and again, I thought, why should I care?  It's like they were trying to create a back story for a storyline that we've long since moved past from.  They're answering questions that no one wanted an answer to. 

I want to know what's going on with the aliens vs. robot war with the humans.  Give me some forward movement on that story.

Edited by Mecca
  • Love 3

I too wonder how the "evil" hybrids survived the virus while Abdu didn't. And wasn't Ares one of the first to go down during the attack?

If so, I don't recall. I thought the ones that survived were the ones who ran away fast enough. FWIW, that strategy is why an old timer like myself is still kicking around these boards.

If the main purpose of the carnival was to portray the sense of a nightmare you wish would end but that keeps going on and on, then they succeeded. But is that really a good ratings grabber?

• Love 3

...Count me as another who doesn't care about some potential enemy that John had in the past.  Unless it is a character we have already met, I don't care.

My first thought was that the potential enemy could be the Artificial Intelligence-in-charge that Toby went (was summoned?) to see in a prior episode. Maybe the AI was concerned that John's program was going to be a threat to its own existence; i.e., Humanichs surpassing his AI level and making his function obsolete in the future.  This is pure speculation because I barely remember what happens in previous episodes, but I continue to watch for some reason.  And yeah, I was drifting in and out of the episode wondering what kind of quarantine allows everybody and their mama to come in and out of the room like a revolving door.  

Edited by LoveIsJoy

If the main purpose of the carnival was to portray the sense of a nightmare you wish would end but that keeps going on and on, then they succeeded. But is that really a good ratings grabber?

It also feels out of place considering that a war between Humanics, aliens, and humans is being ramped up and in the middle we have the main protagonist in some weird dream like state in a carnival about her dad, with some characters popping in and out of the episode long dream sequence.

• Love 1

I was silently hoping for Molly to go into the light.  Not because I dislike the character, quite the opposite, but I see no reason she should have to deal with any more fuckery: 

Humanichs, who, thanks to those pesky limiters that good ol' Charlie didn't upload, are evolving into sentient beings...and yet still managed to lack the decision-making to think, "Yeah, why are we targeting hybrids again? Hasn't it been the humans trying to control us all this time?" I didn't see the previews for the next episode, though, so maybe that's coming. 

Hybrids, who instead of trying to replenish their numbers before taking on the military, decide to play possum and...not mind control them into oblivion, but go eye-for-an-eye by releasing human viruses? And if they're half-human, what's to say what kind of impact said viruses would have on them? 

Humans, who, instead of heeding the warnings of "hey, those humanichs are getting sassy, which ain't part of their programming, thus we can't really control them anymore," respond, "Hey, it's a human response to want to survive, even if it means taking out the master! Conveniently, we couldn't seem to see said 'humanity' in the hybrids doing the same fucking thing, and maybe rethink going to war, especially since we're the reason they even survived to procreate."  

I can't with this. Unless this all ends a la Enemy of the State, where Molly and Ethan (and JD...I guess) are the only ones left standing and get to be a family, I'm not particularly invested in a resolution.

• Love 1

I don't think the Hybrids are aiming to kill the entire human population with stolen viruses.

I'm sorry; I wasn't clear. I'm pretty sure the Hybrids are going to eye for an eye, but by taking out every human in the GSA, the building where they are right now. Why hurt an unknowing public who doesn't even know they exist? Why not take down the murderous asshats who ordered their genocide?

Toby is a lying sack.

S2's catchphrase, everyone! *g*

As far as "Calderone" and his beef with "John Woods"? If no one else picked up on the obscure-enough arrow pointing out that  that factoid would get some play later,  I can understand that. It happens in mystery/ action/detective shows. If I have to listen to a podcast in order to have the clues highlighted for me, then it's on the production. If they can't plant the clues well, that's on them, not the audience. Besides, who waits until Episode 5, then Episode 9 to build up an alternative  Wood-slayer? Has the show been confirmed for Season 3?

It's like they were trying to create a back story for a storyline that we've long since moved past from.

Yes! 'Goren isn't available to us, so we'll kill his character off. We're flushing 99% of S1 stuff, so we'll just add John to that pile.' ' I know! When we need to fill some time, we'll link Molly's shady dad to John in that they both cheated on their wives! Only Molly just deals with the stuff in the season, but Molly's mom died on the day  9-year-old Molly found her dad having sex at the carnival with the neighbor!'

If you want us to forget Season 1, which they seem to be trying awfully hard to achieve, then linking Molly's cheating father with her ( mostly retconned, imo) cheating husband was a bad choice. "John" paid for that (supposed) crime with his life. Why drag Lou Gossett, Jr. into the mix? Why not have him there in a positive manner or , if it had to be a more negative role, bring up how many ways Molly failed? A parent laying out how terribly you screwed up your life and those you care about might be even more painful. Then his ' that's what makes you human, daughter-child' speech would achieve the same thing, be a bit more relevant to Molly, not keep burning bridges with "John"/Goren, and not seem skeevy. ( Sorry, Mr. Gossett is a great actor, one I've enjoyed a lot, but? I did not need to see what they showed.  I'm not a prude, but that segment seemed staged to be in your face and "scandalous" to the audience, as opposed to a 9 year old's suppressed memory.)

I generally still enjoy the show, despite my posts' tone. It's that it could have been so much better with minor tweaks.

• Love 2

I'm sorry; I wasn't clear. I'm pretty sure the Hybrids are going to eye for an eye, but by taking out every human in the GSA, the building where they are right now. Why hurt an unknowing public who doesn't even know they exist? Why not take down the murderous asshats who ordered their genocide?

Well I guess Ares? Alien Magneto plans to take out the enemy's command post where Toby and his crew order the creation of the Humanichs army and organised repeated military strikes against Ahdu and their kind... Killing everyone in the GSA makes sense in a way since that's also the location of the AI computer system that tracked them down. Having Tara telepathically communicate her location after being collected by the Humanichs was a good way of finding the Humanich army base.

After that spreading a virus in the human community would distract from any surviving GSA continuing the search/eradication of the Hybrids in America. Presuming that those above Toby's pay grade know about the Hybrids and are located elsewhere.

That or he's pissed and he just wants to kill those genetically affiliated to the people who tried to murder his entire species.

I think Ahdu and the Hybrids that would be fine with cohabitating with humans are either outnumbered or disregarded by the surviving Ares followers and are now settling for the historic invasion protocol used by humans through the ages. Show up somewhere you didn't have a claim to, murder those who object until you outnumber them and then complain about illegal immigrants with a straight face.

I am curious what Lucy's murder bots will do when they find that their source code's former body was dismantled by the humans for developing free will and becoming too 'willful'.

Edited by wayne67

We also were introduced to Chekov's Faraday Cage. 

A Faraday Cage will keep a charge from coming in, but charges inside the cage are not blocked -- Molly could have eye-minded any one who went in.

Well, this episode felt a little bit like filler.

Or a whole lot of filler.

• Love 2

I am curious what Lucy's murder bots will do when they find that their source code's former body was dismantled by the humans for developing free will and becoming too 'willful'.

I'm still curious what will happen with Ethan's army of spiderbots.

• Love 1

Toby authorized the doctor guy to infect the Japanese mother (wasn't she was a civilian?) with the virus.  She presumably would have died from it.  

I'm not clear on the timeline - I thought it was she was in the mental health facility for six months, and was put there right after John's death.  Also, Adu was extracted early in Molly's pregnancy (I think around 14-15 weeks).  Plus, there was some special DNA mutation that not all of the women had - Molly and the Japanese woman were identified as having it, and it was supposedly an explanation of why they would evolve into hybrids.  

Edited by ribboninthesky1
  • Love 1

Yes but no one knows how many other mothers there are out there who had accelerated pregnancies,didnt die from it, gave birth to hybrid babies who ran to join the cause, and the befuddled mothers are still out there. There are probably more than just the Japanese woman who had a hybrid baby without dying, as Ahdu said. So who knows, they might start turning too. But probalby not for a while, as it's been a very long time since Molly was pregnant.

[[RANT]]

I wish someone would really put Meryl Streep's daughter in her place. She is SO selfish and I can't believe she has gotten away with so much stuff with almost no punishment. I guess we can count John dying and Ethan being shared with his real mom, but really those 2 punishments hurt Molly more than her.

She kept saying to Ethan "I didnt want you to be sad that your parents were gone," but then uhh...why did you make yourself the new mommy?! You could have easily wiped them out and been known as Ethan's teacher, crazy best friend, head robotics person in charge...but no, you always wanted to be mommy and I dont believe for one second you deleted his real parents because he was sad. Not to mention, the whole reason he was sad is due to your stupid selfish actions.

I dont even feel she redeemed herself by telling her boyfriend to destroy the humanichs. Yeah, tell someone ELSE to destroy billions of dollars worth of Govt equipment while you're not in the room to be caught and held accountable...if he had succeeded and then got thrown in prison, you know it would take her one hot second to tell the authorities "Oh, that was all him. Not my plan," and she'd justify her selfish actions by saying "Hey, now I'm still in the program and can protect Ethan." (hmm sounds familiar)

It's been hinted at for 2 seasons that she hated not being Ethan's real mommy and with this episode I feel we are supposed to forgive her and forget all the horrible things she did. Did she even really apologize to Molly about trying to steal John away? Yeah, it takes 2 people for an affair, but John apologized. Streep's daughter just keeps making selfish excuses.

[[//RANT]]

I also feel the same as everyone else that this episode was filler and the carnival dream sequence was a waste of time.

• Love 2

Yes but no one knows how many other mothers there are out there who had accelerated pregnancies,didnt die from it, gave birth to hybrid babies who ran to join the cause, and the befuddled mothers are still out there. There are probably more than just the Japanese woman who had a hybrid baby without dying, as Ahdu said. So who knows, they might start turning too. But probalby not for a while, as it's been a very long time since Molly was pregnant.

That's true.  Then again, maybe carrying a hybrid to term shortens the window to transition. If I recall, the Japanese mother had already experienced symptoms like the sexual fugue state.  I don't remember the show stating the amount of time between the hybrid birth and when she started to show symptoms.   

mirrorrim, I'm not buying The Redemption of Julie, either. This is the same woman who never suspected a connection between calling Anna about John's obstinance and his death immediately after leaving the facility from which he was banned. If there was ever a need for a picture to be captioned, "Too Stupid to Live," Julie's would be an excellent selection.     

I listen to an Extant podcast every week, and in episode 205 they noted that Molly was holding a photo with John posing with a dark-skinned person. On the back of the photo it said "Calderone." They were wondering then who this mysterious Calderone is. When the name was said in the middle of this week's episode I realized it was a familiar name.

http://www.clammr.com/widget?searchQuery=%23ExtantCalderone

I listen to that podcast too!  Have since S1.  Mike and Dave are great.  :)

There were good aspects of this episode, but it was subpar for sure.  As others have said, the dream sequence went on way too long. Also: so even after they already knew hybrids could get up and walk out of a morgue, they left one unguarded on the examination table? Seriously?

And of course, the hybrid attack on the GSC underlines our earlier complaint that it made no sense that they didn't finish off the hybrids (and incinerate their remains) when they had the chance. Leaving them infected but just walking away was, as I said, like a Bond villain walking away with the assumption Bond will never get out of the fiendish trap he is left in.

And then if they weren't going to finish off the hybrids, why wouldn't some of the Humanic attack force be permanently assigned to guard the GSC building? C'mon.

Hard to imagine Shepherd is going to buy the idea that the hybrids are after peace/love/happiness now.

• Love 1