Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Mary0360 said:

It might have something to do with the reaction to this:

I don't think he meant to be ignorant, but boy does he have a habit of putting his foot in his mouth. 

I didn't think he was being ignorant nor putting his foot in his mouth. I think it was probably an inside joke of some kind.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

I don't think he meant to be ignorant, but boy does he have a habit of putting his foot in his mouth. 

I think he just types up the first thing that he thinks is funny without giving any thought to how it could be interpreted by people.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Wouldn't Mavi be a little too young for that scene?!?! :P

I think it's just a caption for this photo because the lady reminded him of that scene, not that she actually saw it. Even if she did, I probably wouldn't think much of it. Kids actually see plenty without realizing there's more too it at the time. The murder scene might actually be worse. I remember that being pretty bloody, but considering how long it's been since I saw the movie, my memory could be failing me.

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I think it's just a caption for this photo because the lady reminded him of that scene, not that she actually saw it. 

Yeah, it felt like a quip to me, not him describing a love scene to his four year-old. I also didn't see the big issue with his caption about Cassandra. It just seemed like a joke playing on the fact that they were standing in front of one of the most famous buildings in the world. He has his own issues, but this fandom can be weird sometimes too.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 10
(edited)
9 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Yeah, it felt like a quip to me, not him describing a love scene to his four year-old.

Oh yeah, I doubt he said anything to Mavi about Ghost at all, just used it as a caption. It's just...kinda a weird reference to make with a pic with his daughter. He was probably trying to be funny about the mosque too, without really thinking that people might think he was being ignorant and flippant (and, unfortunately, his past blowups don't help with that perception). 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Oh yeah, I doubt he said anything to Mavi about Ghost at all, just used it as a caption. It's just...kinda a weird reference to make with a pic with his daughter. He was probably trying to be funny about the mosque too, without really thinking that people might think he was being ignorant and flippant (and, unfortunately, his past blowups don't help with that perception). 

Yeah, that makes sense. I wasn't even thinking of it from that perspective, but from the perspective of how a minority of the fandom get in their feelings every time he posts pictures of his wife. I saw a little bit of that on Twitter, and it always makes things so uncomfortable. I don't think he was being flippant about the Hagia Sophia, but yeah, I can understand why some people might suspect otherwise.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I think it's just a caption for this photo because the lady reminded him of that scene, not that she actually saw it. Even if she did, I probably wouldn't think much of it. Kids actually see plenty without realizing there's more too it at the time. The murder scene might actually be worse. I remember that being pretty bloody, but considering how long it's been since I saw the movie, my memory could be failing me.

I was teasing with that, hence the ":P" but it's still a weird caption -- "You only get to explain your favorite scene from Ghost to your kid once." -- given what actually happened in the scene. He didn't say he was gonna show it, he said he was going to explain it, which is hilarious and odd.

1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

Amell’s twitter breaks would work better if he didn’t announce them first. Just stop posting until you’re ready to return and then tell everyone you took a break. It’s not hard. 

He's such a drama queen, LOL!

7 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I don't think he was being flippant about the Hagia Sophia, but yeah, I can understand why some people might suspect otherwise.

I saw that and totally thought of it as him being funny, but I can't say I blame those who think he's being disrespectful or ignorant. God knows he's shown both.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Yeah, that makes sense. I wasn't even thinking of it from that perspective, but from the perspective of how a minority of the fandom get in their feelings every time he posts pictures of his wife. I saw a little bit of that on Twitter, and it always makes things so uncomfortable. I don't think he was being flippant about the Hagia Sophia, but yeah, I can understand why some people might suspect otherwise.

Oh, I don't follow fandom or the cast on Twitter. I just looked at the Instagram comments, which (when I looked) appeared to be mostly from Turkish people, probably because he geotagged the pic. 

19 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Every once and awhile i hear someone that claims to be a former member of the crew just shred SA, saying he's the worst and only good to his fans and I wonder if there is any truth to it or if these are probably someone with an ax to grind.  But then we get such glowing comments from the other actors.  Kathleen Gati has been in the business a very long time.  I appreciate and trust that she knows what she's talking about when she calls him consummate professional.  Raissa wasn't on tons but I trust that she would pick any bad vibes on the set if SA really was this two-faced monster.  

I can't speak for Arrow, but I can tell you that this is not uncommon for actors.

I know people in the business, and they talk. There is currently an A-list actor who everyone loves. He's got an image of being such a good guy who's great to fans and family man - everyone loves him. But.... ask the crew of his blockbuster hit and they'll tell you a different story, about him being a diva and assh*le, the women he's screwing behind his wife's back, and so much more. The crew all hated him by the end of the shoot.

Yes, Stephen stays late at conventions to sign, but that's money in the bank. Another 100 people at $100 a time, that's an extra $10,000 (I've helped out at conventions in the past and what the actors say in the green room versus how they behave to fans is illuminating. )

Plus the Van paps have being saying this for a while, that the crew doesn't like Stephen.

Who knows, but the tell-all book when the show ends is going to be a cracker.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, sadfangirl said:

I can't speak for Arrow, but I can tell you that this is not uncommon for actors.

I know people in the business, and they talk. There is currently an A-list actor who everyone loves. He's got an image of being such a good guy who's great to fans and family man - everyone loves him. But.... ask the crew of his blockbuster hit and they'll tell you a different story, about him being a diva and assh*le, the women he's screwing behind his wife's back, and so much more. The crew all hated him by the end of the shoot.

Yes, Stephen stays late at conventions to sign, but that's money in the bank. Another 100 people at $100 a time, that's an extra $10,000 (I've helped out at conventions in the past and what the actors say in the green room versus how they behave to fans is illuminating. )

Plus the Van paps have being saying this for a while, that the crew doesn't like Stephen.

Who knows, but the tell-all book when the show ends is going to be a cracker.

No, I wouldn't base how he treats the fans at a convention on how he'd treat the crew but maybe a bit of how he treats the behind the scenes people at conventions and other events might speak to how he would treat the behind the scenes people he normally works with on set.  And while i could easily believe SA could earn and deserve at times being called difficult and demanding, it's the over the top hatred that implies he treats everyone like absolute dirt that I just can't buy into when he also seems to command such respect and praise from those he works with who either one hopes are a good judge of character or have been in the business long enough to know how much respect the crew deserves. 

The Van paps have been saying for a while that the crew doesn't like Stephen but we're talking 100's of people I imagine.  Even if they got 20 people that said they hated him, they might get another 200 that said he's great.  Or it could just be a few of very vocal voices.  We just don't know how to judge and trust their sources let alone their opinions.  So we keep trying to piece things together I guess.   

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

The Van paps have been saying for a while that the crew doesn't like Stephen but we're talking 100's of people I imagine.  Even if they got 20 people that said they hated him, they might get another 200 that said he's great.  Or it could just be a few of very vocal voices.  We just don't know how to judge and trust their sources let alone their opinions.  So we keep trying to piece things together I guess. 

Yeah, plus it isn't really clear that he's necessarily done anything. The consistent complaint I've ever seen is the diva/attitude thing, and that isn't even very clear about how. Like, what makes him a jerk? The perfectionism could be that, but even then I wouldn't match that with someone who would be a literal diva or cause disruptions/accidents or actively attacks someone. I could definitely see how it would get on someone's nerves to the point of exacerbating it when gossiping about it, but I don't think it's on like Lethal Weapon levels or anything. Not that being rude to anyone is excusable or anything, but it's hard to take these complaints completely with how vague they are vs the specifics on some of the good stuff he does (stays late at cons, gives all of them attention, actors talk about how attentive he is and the presence and leadership he has, he takes pictures every year at Christmas time with Santa with the crew and their families, crew members have brought children on set before, etc.) Heck, most of the bad stuff about SA has even been called out by SA himself (being OCD/perfectionist, casually referencing times he's ever been in a bad mood or tired on set, heck he even mentioned how he talked to many of the females working after the AK thing and came off as looking like he genuinely partially blamed himself) and is the only way I can even piece it this way. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

In her head, she's also still the leading lady, which is why she'll be front and center and right next to SA again at SDCC.

No!!! I want to look forward to SDCC not dread it. Although that pic of SA and EBR hugging and then there's a random hand there did give me tons of amusement for quite some time.

4 hours ago, Chaser said:

That goatee looks like it could be headed to Van Dyke territory. 

Also a big no, but it's not looking good for me to not be grossed out by SA's face when the season begins.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

No!!! I want to look forward to SDCC not dread it. Although that pic of SA and EBR hugging and then there's a random hand there did give me tons of amusement for quite some time.

Don't forget the clip where she tries to talk to him and he makes a beeline for EBR who declared she needed to pee! Hehe that was gold!

That was a pretty photo of Cass which he could have just posted and complimented. Not sure why he needed to make a joke about the the Hagia Sophia. Surely he'd know it wasn't appropriate? Why go there at all when you could just say "My wife is gorgeous" etc

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Why go there at all when you could just say "My wife is gorgeous" etc

That was the joke. That it goes without saying that it's a special place but he's playing dumb and pretending that he doesn't know it is and just admiring his wife instead. Tbh I didn't see it as making a joke about the actual place rather than making a joke about being there.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

That was the joke. That it goes without saying that it's a special place but he's playing dumb and pretending that he doesn't know it is and just admiring his wife instead. Tbh I didn't see it as making a joke about the actual place rather than making a joke about being there.

I don't think it is wise to joke about anything potentially sensitive and he's a bit dumb for not realising this in the first place.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

But he's joking about himself? Idk, it's a difference of interpretation of a dumb joke, it doesn't really matter.

Judging by the comments from Muslim and Turkish people who reacted rather insulted I don't think they view it as not being able to understand  a joke. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Judging by the comments from Muslim and Turkish people who reacted rather insulted I don't think they view it as not being able to understand  a joke. 

I meant that there are different interpretations of the dumb joke. Some got insulted, some don't care. At the end of the day, it was a joke that SA made that he obviously intended no malice but offended others anyway just like what happens to literally dozens of people every single day.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

Also a big no, but it's not looking good for me to not be grossed out by SA's face when the season begins.

I did read a post from reddit that posited that if they could just either replace SA with a new ugly Oliver all the Olicity shippers would stop watching.  Maybe this is their diabolical plan in action!

• Love 7
(edited)

Is his dramatic exit from Twitter because of this joke? That's what I thought was dumb. He said some dumb stuff that he probably knew was dumb, people got offended and then he got offended. I wasn't even offended by his comment. I just think the dumb comment combined with the drama llama behaviour is really stupid and laughable.

Reminds me of this woman we went on an excursion with. She KNEW a little girl in our group was allergic to peanuts and has known this for years. But in the car all she did was talk about how much she craved salted peanuts (no she was not pregnant)! Then she stopped by Coles and bought peanuts and waved them around saying she really wanted to eat them. We told her off (nicely) and she declared she won't go out with us anymore because we were uptight bints. Like WHY did you need to rave about peanuts on THAT day in front of THAT little girl?????

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is his dramatic exit from Twitter because of this joke? That's what I thought was dumb. He said some dumb stuff that he probably knew was dumb, people got offended and then he got offended. I wasn't even offended by his comment. I just think the dumb comment combined with  the drama llama behaviour really stupid and laughable.

I don't think so. I think he planned a blackout - he announces one every year. If he was aware of or cared about the fact that he'd offended people (inadvertently or not), he would've shown his ass on twitter about it and made it 10 times worse, guaranteed. Unless maybe he's learning? 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I don't think so. I think he planned a blackout - he announces one every year. If he was aware of or cared about the fact that he'd offended people (inadvertently or not), he would've shown his ass on twitter about it and made it 10 times worse, guaranteed. Unless maybe he's learning? 

Haha good point!!!!! 

(edited)

Yeah, I thought he was going "offline" to get away from it all to enjoy his hiatus in relative quiet. But the whole taking out his Twitter pic and header is too damn funny and dramatic. I love how @Mellowyellow called him a drama llama, LOL!

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

He's not learning:

Ive given him the benefit of the doubt in the past for his inappropriate or ill timed comments but I think I'm going to have to write him off as entitled ass at this point. 

3 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

He's not learning:

Ive given him the benefit of the doubt in the past for his inappropriate or ill timed comments but I think I'm going to have to write him off as entitled ass at this point. 

Do you think he's posting from an account for Xandra Jean? It looks to me like this person (a fan or his wife?) is defending him here. Poorly and tastelessly without a doubt. But my first thought isn't that it's him. 

Just now, bijoux said:

Do you think he's posting from an account for Xandra Jean? It looks to me like this person (a fan or his wife?) is defending him here. Poorly and tastelessly without a doubt. But my first thought isn't that it's him. 

That's definitely his wife's account. Whether that's him or her, IDK. Seems like a really dumb move to call a fan an idiot on his wife's account after they nicely pointed out an issue, but...he's an expert at really dumb moves, so.

• Love 11

Yeah either he's using his wife's account or his wife's defending him by using his name on her account but either way they are both acting like assholes since I doubt it's done without the other knowing. And honestly for me it just seems so unnecessary. The stupid comment in the first place was so unnecessary.  

• Love 4
(edited)

The fan he chose to insult was very polite in their protest. 

He's really lost the plot! 

Does Cass have a history of fighting with fans? I don't know much about her but from what I've seen of him this reads very much like him highjacking the wife's account and having a meltdown.

He's looking even more stupid and loony than he did this morning! 

@apinknightmare you are an expert at predicting SA's behaviour!!!!! 

Edited by Mellowyellow
51 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

That's definitely his wife's account. Whether that's him or her, IDK. Seems like a really dumb move to call a fan an idiot on his wife's account after they nicely pointed out an issue, but...he's an expert at really dumb moves, so.

Thanks. I wasn’t sure it was hers. I don’t get why he’d use her account, but whoever is posting, it’s a terrible look.

5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

The fan he chose to insult was very polite in their protest. 

He's really lost the plot!

Does Cass have a history of fighting with fans? I don't know much about her but from what I've seen of him this reads very much like him highjacking the wife's account and having a meltdown.

He's looking even more stupid and loony than he did this morning! 

@apinknightmare you are an expert at predicting SA's behaviour!!!!! 

I recall fans who went to Nocking Point parties complaining about her, but don’t remember the details. Somebody else might.

11 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

No, I don't recall her having a history of getting into it with fans on social media. I tend to think this is Stephen, just because behaving like a belligerent dick when called out is a patented move for him at this point. Why he'd drag his wife into it by using her account is beyond me, but he seems kinda dumb like that, so I guess it isn't that surprising. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise if it is his wife responding, but it could also be him. I've never seen a more unfortunate pair be so perfect for one another. I don't follow her, but the comments from what I have seen (she's tweeted against being labeled a feminist & other stupidities in the past), are on brand. Well, white trash will do their thing I guess.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1

Mocking the fans who’ve probably helped pay for his vacations? Sounds about right for SA and his wife. Though he does something like this every single hiatus. Is he really that bored or is being an asshole just naturally who he is now? 

He really isn’t worth it. Bye. 

35 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Is he really that bored or is being an asshole just naturally who he is now? 

Now? LOL

A simple "It was a joke, I didn't mean to offend," would suffice, especially since a religious monument is probably not the best thing to involve in a joke - even if the joke is about you and not the monument - because people get heated about that kind of thing, and can misinterpret. And the OP was so nice with her criticism. But...why reply like an adult when you can blow it up like a child? 

• Love 19

That response was downright nasty though. Probably the nastiest I have seen from him since I started venturing into fandom. 

I've always thought he was a bit trashy but this is awful and goes beyond being uneducated or ignorant. It was downright mean spirited and unkind.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Now? LOL

A simple "It was a joke, I didn't mean to offend," would suffice, especially since a religious monument is probably not the best thing to involve in a joke - even if the joke is about you and not the monument - because people get heated about that kind of thing, and can misinterpret. And the OP was so nice with her criticism. But...why reply like an adult when you can blow it up like a child? 

That's really the worst thing about the reply, really, because the poster is nothing if not respectful. And this is the time either SA or his wife publicly calls a fan an idiot? Really? I can't remember that he's ever gone that far before. I'm really stumped as to why they are unable to just enjoy their trip around the world and shut up. 

• Love 8

I can picture Cass taking away his electronic devices so he couldn't be belligerent and he stole her phone and typed a response.  I'm only half joking.

His responses to people's critiques of his dumb comments are always worse than the comments themselves. 

• Love 3

All I get when I try to see the tweets is

Blocked by Content Security Policy

Did Twitter remove it? Did the other person?  (wails like someone excluded from the big party)

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I can picture Cass taking away his electronic devices so he couldn't be belligerent and he stole her phone and typed a response.  I'm only half joking.

His responses to people's critiques of his dumb comments are always worse than the comments themselves. 

That is certainly true. 

5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

All I get when I try to see the tweets is

Did Twitter remove it? Did the other person?  (wails like someone excluded from the big party)

All I get now is

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!

I guess it's been removed.