Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but based on all the tweets today, David and Emily both seem so excited about Beth and S7. Don't let us down, Beth!

Also, this is maybe my favorite thing ever.

• Love 2

Moms surprising their children in London is like the official theme of this event, LOL.

There are so many fun tweets today (not gonna lie, my favorites were the reactions of all the fans who were in Emily's line when Stephen came to visit her booth this morning). If you love Emily, a great place to see them all in one place is https://twitter.com/FYeahEBRupdates.

• Love 8

Once again, shout out and blessings to all the con-goers giving us our deserved Olicity photo shoots. There's no way I would have stuck with this show without the fandom. 

I'm not even mad about SA's beard. Grow it out even more and look like Grizzly Adams (old person reference.) Just don't shave it into the monstrosity from the comics. 

• Love 19

I don't think we're the ones having a hard time understanding what kind of show it is that we're watching, LOL. It is based on a comic book and has plenty of comic elements, but it has always been a soap opera. 

• Love 22
8 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

LOL best way of dealing with him is ignoring him completely. That man starts shit on purpose because he gets off on the attentio

I’m so curious how he gets along with the rest of the cast. I know on Instagram it looks like he hangs out with RG a lot, but I wonder about the others? I’d love to be a fly  on the wall if DR ever heard him say this stuff. 

Meanwhile this is perfection:

• Love 7
(edited)

Pretty sure evil twin taking over sibling’s life like Reddit seems more than willing to see BS do if it gives them a LL as BC is a soap opera storyline ... 

Edited by insomniadreams88
Life not life’s- autocorrect is haywire today
  • Love 16

I'm not gonna say the cast dislikes him bc I have no clue, but none of them ever mention him lol. Even at cons during the season, they were always talking about Adrian Chase & how great Josh is. Don't recall any of them even posting selfies with him. Hell, even KC doesn't seem to mention him and she was stuck working with him, so who knows. I'm just gonna sit here and laugh because his line is next to Josh's and that has to sting lol.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Pretty sure evil twin taking over sibling’s life like Reddit seems more than willing to see BS do if it gives them a LL as BC is a soap opera storyline ... 

All we need at this point is for someone to get possessed. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I’m so curious how he gets along with the rest of the cast. I know on Instagram it looks like he hangs out with RG a lot, but I wonder about the others? I’d love to be a fly  on the wall if DR ever heard him say this stuff. 

Meanwhile this is perfection:

That photo wins over all photos ever taken of anyone. 

44 minutes ago, kes0704 said:

I know Reddit aren’t always the most reliable narrators but it sounds like Kirk is being his usual delightful self. 

Imagine spending all that money on a con and using your time with a "celeb" to talk about a fandom you dislike. That is so sad. I feel sorry for that person OMG. ??

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I'm pretty sure that Greg Berlanti once said that comic books are soap operas. 

I remember that, too. He was talking about The Flash and realizing that comic books are soap operas "for boys." But now I can't find the article. I was pretty sure it was an interview either when Flash was making its debut or when they were gonna have the first crossover with Supergirl (I think it was an EW story?).

• Love 3

The only quote I can find is from 2010 (maybe he's said it multiple times):

This fall will bring the premiere of Berlanti’s latest, No Ordinary Family, a weekly series about a family who emerge with superpowers after their plane crashes into the Amazon. The series is in some ways a departure for Berlanti, yet the fantastic element is a natural fit for the comic book fanatic. 

“They’re soap operas for boys,” he says of the appeal of superheroes and comic books. And as a gay man, he identifies with the stories. “So many superheroes are of this world—but not. There’s a real hint of melancholy that no matter what you do, you can save this world and you’ll still never totally be a part of it,” he says. “You’ll always be one step removed.”

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I remember that, too. He was talking about The Flash and realizing that comic books are soap operas "for boys."

Is this what you were thinking of?  AK repeated the Berlanti quote in December 2015 on a podcast with Kevin Smith.  From the News Thread (on page 137 from TV Echo):  

AK was referring to Greg Berlanti's first time crying over a comic book (when Barry died in Crisis): "It was the first time he realized that comic books were basically just soap operas for boys."

I can't get the link to work - not sure it is still active or if it is just me - so I did not recopy it here. 

• Love 2

List of Actual Arrow Storylines: 

Oliver cheated on Laurel with her sister. 

The infamous Oliver/Tommy/Laurel love triangle.

Oliver's dad cheated on his mum with Isabel, who then slept with Oliver. 

Oliver's mum slept with and conceived a child with Oliver's very first nemesis. 

Thea found out that the guy she had a crush on was actually her brother. 

Shadow had a long lost twin sister. 

The season long whodunnit with Sara. 

The only thing Arrow is missing is an amnesia, they got half way there when Thea went into a coma. The only thing separating Arrow and a soap is the number of episodes and how much leather the cast wear. 

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

3 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

Is this what you were thinking of?  AK repeated the Berlanti quote in December 2015 on a podcast with Kevin Smith.  From the News Thread (on page 137 from TV Echo):  

AK was referring to Greg Berlanti's first time crying over a comic book (when Barry died in Crisis): "It was the first time he realized that comic books were basically just soap operas for boys."

I can't get the link to work - not sure it is still active or if it is just me - so I did not recopy it here. 

Thanks, ladies! I think AK's quote about Berlanti is the one I remembered but thanks @apinknightmare for finding another source!

I was watching part of the DR, EBR, JH's panel and the question was about favorite villain and they listed pretty much all of the big bads except Matt Noble and guess who else.  Yup, no one mentioned KA.  Otherwise they loved on Neal McDonough, Manu, Barroman (in season one, lol) Josh of course , Michael Emerson, and EBR even last minute included BS but not a peep about KA or Diaz.  

• Love 7

Gross. Praying to everything that's holy that we never see anything like that on the show. OTOH, after seeing the pics and video of Stephen shirtless last night, I'm very excited to see his prison body. This storyline has to be good for at least one thing, right?

The question might get old, but the answer never does.  ?

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Gross. Praying to everything that's holy that we never see anything like that on the show. OTOH, after seeing the pics and video of Stephen shirtless last night, I'm very excited to see his prison body. This storyline has to be good for at least one thing, right?

Excuse me, what pics and video? You guys are bringing over the wrong content. I feel betrayed now.

• Love 2
(edited)

Video of portion of Arrow Villains panel (KC, JS, KA) at HVFF-London today - I only transcribed some of it (audio was bad in parts)...

-- When asked what it was like to be able to do non-fighting scenes with Quentin and crew for once, KC: "It was fun... It was great, especially as an actor, and I'm sure you guys can relate, when they write for you, and you're not just coming in at the end of a scene just screaming... For me personally, it could be a little frustrating at the beginning of the season, 'cause I wanted to play with others, I wanted to, like, get to the, you know, story arc, get to [unintelligible words]... 'cause that was sort of the beginning, um, of her arc and maturity, and the transformation into her [unintelligible word] with Diaz."

-- On how pissed Diaz is at Black Siren at this moment, KA: "Listen, man, we were a team and she betrayed the team. We could've, you know, taken over some stuff, could've had some little screaming babies." KC: "You killed my father - well, a version."

-- On what she thought about the unrequited love between Siren-X and Dark Oliver, KC: "What do I think of that? I can't say anything... I like my job. I want to keep it." 

-- On whether she was aware of the back story between Siren-X and Dark Oliver, KC: "Yes, we had discussed it. But I also think, for me, playing a villain...  I love to play against what's written."

-- On how he imagines Prometheus, JS said that he just "pictures him in the afterlife, super sad," because he failed.

-- KC again said how it "sucked" to find out that Laurel was the one in the grave and that it was "hard on her ego and her confidence." But then she thought they might find a way to bring her back and, sure enough, "they found a way [to bring her back]... thanks to all of you guys." She definitely credits the online fans for bringing her back on Arrow.

Edited by tv echo
1 minute ago, bijoux said:

@Lily-n11, you rule. Thank you. Did he do multiple panels, since Aisha was with him in one and now Cassandra is with him here? Also, I think I like her shoes.

I think he only did one panel. The video with the abs is from the Nocking Point party last night.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Incorrect. The correct answer is "live through the finale."

In the spirit of fairness I am willing to give him half a point for the asshole thing. No maybe, really.

(edited)

So, what I’m getting from these tweets is:

Arrow: Makes us miss Chase (even more) by putting him in 618, even just as a hallucination. 

Panel: Makes us miss JS (even more) by putting him on a panel with KA. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
Added “even more” twice
  • Love 12