Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

Did Stephen say "She hates that picture" about his wife's beauty queen sho

I think he just says “I know” at the beginning and the guy who says “I want to take a picture of that” is someone else. I forget who was there with Carina. JW?

1 minute ago, Mary0360 said:

Does anyone know when Stephen said he hated the 100th per this tweet? Cause I'd be curious to read it:

https://twitter.com/LILLLLLLL/status/984299674562523137?s=20

Was it at a con? 

IIRC, last week he was listing some of his favorite moments or something, and he said 508 "not because of the story necessarily, but because it was the 100th episode," so he didn't really say that he hated it, but maybe you could argue that he did diplomatically. 

• Love 2

Maybe I have just never noticed before but since when are CH and SA so close? I mean, I knew they were always friendly but I always thought he was closest to EBR. 

Also sounds like SA really doesn't like the storyline for Oliver. Maybe I am projecting but he doesn't seem to care for what the writers are writing. 

34 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Maybe I have just never noticed before but since when are CH and SA so close? I mean, I knew they were always friendly but I always thought he was closest to EBR. 

Also sounds like SA really doesn't like the storyline for Oliver. Maybe I am projecting but he doesn't seem to care for what the writers are writing. 

He did get the invite to his wedding along with EBR but I kind of assumed it was a professional courtesy thing kind of.   They always seemed friendly but more work fried.  Maybe they got closer after CH's mom was diagnosed with cancer?   

Calling Oliver's storyline a shit sandwich he's forced to eat and pretend to like does give the impression that he's not too happy, lol.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

From above-linked Con Talk interview with SA at HVFF-Chicago...

-- On Oliver being this "douchey frat boy" before the island, SA: "Yeah, I've always pushed back against that a little bit. I've always pushed back - I mean, I get that he was a frat boy, that maybe he was a little entitled. But the reason I've always pushed back on that a little bit because, um, I've always felt that if you just made him a totally douchey, irredeemable, dickhead frat boy, then you are undercutting both, uh, Sara and Laurel Lance. Um, because both of them are incredibly smart and incredibly capable. And if Oliver didn't have, like a redeeming quality or two, then - then dating the dickhead sort of makes their characters seem not as, I think, dynamic as they actually are."

-- Interviewer: "It seems like everyone this season is regressing (SA interjected, "I would agree with that."), and Oliver's not doing anything wrong. He's actually the Yoda." SA: "Yeah, I've had a couple of instances where, uh - ... I never mind if and when Oliver is - something bad happens to him. Right?  I understand him, you know, losing and getting kicked off a mountain by Ra's al Ghul because Ra's al Ghul is a better fighter than he was. He was more experienced with the weapons that they chose. It made sense. What I sometimes push back against is if I feel like a character's getting mad, but it's - it's got to be character before plot at all times. [Unintelligible words] plot before character, then you run into problems, so that's the only time I'll push back. But yeah, people have been rough on Oliver this year." Interviewer: "But it's not fair. He hasn't done anything." SA: "I don't think he's done anything either!" 

-- Interviewer then said she thought the whole Diggle situation came out of nowhere. SA: "Well, maybe - everybody changes. Maybe it's just a matter of him changing and not in a positive way. Character growth doesn't always mean you become more understanding."

-- Interviewer mentioned MG's comment about how the worse Oliver has it, the more heroic he has to become, but she disagreed and said that people become better heroes with a support system. SA: "The thing to always remember - and I can't speak for Marc or be in his head. The thing to always remember is, being frustrated by and being passionate about a show is kind of the point? And I know it has to make sense, but you do have to have the benefit of the doubt to see the whole picture. And by 'the whole picture', I supposed I mean the whole chapter. And by 'the whole chapter', I mean the whole season... To steal a phrase that I think they used in that Nolan Batman trilogy, it is always darkest before the dawn. And we do tend to have Oliver hit a low point every year around 17 or 18. That being said, it is important, sometimes, to remember that - I think that sometimes you can get stuck in the writers room and you can forget what it's like to be a 14-year-old watching the show, or to be someone that's been with it for six years. I understand that Oliver has to endure hardships. At the same time, if all that's happening to him every year is that, you know, he's just being served a shit sandwich and being forced to eat it, and pretend that he's not eating a shit sandwich, then eventually you're just going to be like, 'alright, I'm out.' So I think that, um, you have to keep things realistic and you have to keep things driving forward, but, uh, you have to remember that it is a show about a superhero and people want that character to win. Most people."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, tv echo said:

But the reason I've always pushed back on that a little bit because, um, I've always felt that if you just made him a totally douchey, irredeemable, dickhead frat boy, then you are undercutting both, uh, Sara and Laurel Lance. Um, because both of them are incredibly smart and incredibly capable. And if Oliver didn't have, like a redeeming quality or two, then - then dating the dickhead sort of makes their characters seem not as, I think, dynamic as they actually are."

Amazing, successful women can and do sometimes have absolutely horrific taste in men. And, I mean, Oliver being an irredeemable douchebag doesn’t have a whole lot to do with it considering they both wanted to take turns with him even after the island. That’s not a great look for either of them but it doesn’t have anything to do with Oliver. 

• Love 15

Pre-island Oliver was (serial killer looks aside) hot, rich, and from a powerful family. He was douchey, but he wasn't evil. Lord knows how many of my super smart, capable friends have dated assholes. I think the way LL and SL treated each other both pre and post-island was more questionable then them liking a selfish frat boy. I also don't think (could be wrong) that any of TPTB have admitted the very initial premise of the show (sister swapping) was an incredibly bad move. 

• Love 18

Oof. SA just did a Facebook Live and someone asked him if Willa and Colton were coming back. He talked about how excited he is that CH is back as a regular next season and how he’s going to Coachella with him this weekend. Then he very briskly said “Willa’s not coming back to the show.” (Around 5:25)

Imma need that bts tell-all soon, guys...

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

@Trisha do you know if they were friendly before (SA and WH)? Any bad blood?

Cuz he's been really curt about her in recent statements. 

They always seemed pretty close the first few seasons (there are lots of photos of him piggybacking her). She seemed pretty tight with EBR too. But the last couple seasons she hasn’t really appeared in many social media posts with other cast members very often. I think she got married (or engaged) and didn’t seem to spend a lot of time in town when she wasn’t filming. She always seemed to be on beach somewhere.

But no, I don’t know of any big split or tension that would explain his recent iciness. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Belinea said:

I think they've always been pretty close.   Especially starting in the third season,  I have no proof but I think Stephen might've been there for Colton during his breakdown and it's been built up since then.   Emily and Colton are younger and much more of the lets post selfies kind of age, plus they lived in the same building,  so I assume they just hung out together  s lot more often. 

Ugh,  I need to know what happened with Willa.

• Love 3

This Apr. 8th HVFF-Chicago panel was almost an hour long, so I only transcribed certain portions; however, the entire panel is worth watching (warning: video includes spoilers - those transcriptions are posted in the Spoilers thread)...

Stephen Amell Panel (FULL) @ Heroes & Villains Fan Fest 2018
Published on Apr 12, 2018, by Wayward Fanboy

-- On what the writers room is like on Arrow where they connect all the dots, SA: "I don't know... The one thing that I would hope for the writers room - but frankly I would hope for any writers room - is that, you know, maybe they write themselves into a corner, or they try to figure their way out of it, and you can just hope that there's at least one person in the room, that if they perceive you to be taking a shortcut in any way, shape or form, they go, 'no, that can't happen.' Say why. 'Well, because in Season 2, episode 8, Oliver said X to this person, and then this happened. And so, and this happened in Season 4. So we can't do this in episode 618.' That person is mostly me. (Laughter all around) They don't like me. I get the feeling every once in a while, sometimes when I'm talking to producers - I don't mean this in a bad way. I do get the feeling that every once in a while, they're looking at me, they're like, 'Shut up and say the words that we wrote for you, actor.' But unfortunately, that's just not the position that I want to put the show into."

-- SA said that Justin Hartley was "almost on the show this year." But he couldn't say what character he would've played.

-- On the next big crossover event, SA: "I don't know what the next scaling step is. I'm sure it exists, but I'm not sure how to do it without cloning me. Um, so I think it might be interesting to get a few select characters from all of the shows and maybe make it more of a character-driven piece and less of an event - less of a stage. More of seeing these characters interact and having it be more of an actor piece. You know, maybe that would be more interesting, maybe it wouldn't. I don't know. That's what I would like."

-- SA: "The show was designed to be a five-year plan. And you keep going for a variety of reasons, some of which are creative and some of which are just, you got a show, it's successful, it's on the air, let's keep it going. ... I have an idea of how I'd like the show to end for me personally and I don't know when that will be. But I would hope that, whenever the show does end, that we would write for the end. Um, I know that a lot of people were, you know, somewhat dissatisfied with how Lost ended, in terms of, there were a lot of questions that people answered and they weren't necessarily answered. But I did feel like that show, from a creative perspective and just from a spot that it was going to, really picked up steam when they decided, 'okay, we're going to do X number of years, and then the show's done.' Right? The Sopranos. We're doing the final season. This is it. I feel like, whenever you decide to end something, you should make sure that you write appropriately towards that ending. And don't just decide, because the show's on the bubble, to pivot during Episode 16, and you're like, 'alright, we've got 9 more, let's just figure out a way to end it.' So I just hope that whenever we're done, that we know it and that we write for it."

-- On who's the hardest and who's the easiest to crack on the show, SA: "Emily's the hardest to make crack." Mod: "What's made her crack?" SA: "Me trying to hold a sneeze. Recently. I tried to hold a sneeze. She and I were in the background of another scene. Supposed to be on the phone. With William. And the camera's on - um, I think it was on David - and a couple of different characters. And I - instead of just sneezing, just like letting it rip, it was like a half-sneeze, and it made this weird sound, like I pulled a muscle on my back. And it made Emily laugh. Um, Emily's the hardest one to crack. Paul Blackthorne's the easiest one to make crack. He's a delicate flower. Oh, Paul can be messed with so easily. Don't tell him."

-- On the hardest stunt for him to do, SA: "There's a stunt in the beginning of Season 2 where I - where Felicity steps on a landmine on Lian Yu and I swing in to get her. And I was very demonstrative about that stunt being just me. And they're like, 'yeah, we'll get a double and we'll do, like, you know, stunt coverage with the double.' And I was like, 'nope.' Because the previous year I had done this sequence where I climbed up a wall to retrieve a bullet and I had done the entire thing, but they had also done some coverage with the double. And randomly in the cut of the episode, I see the double for just like one second. No, wait a minute, I'm seeing the double. I did that... So I forced them to make me do it shirtless, so that they couldn't use a double. And I'm standing up 60 feet in the air with a harness attached to me in a really, really precarious way, and I was like, well, no turning back now, but overall, this was a mistake. I was scared you-know-what-less. I really was. But it ended up working out. But man, oh man, I was stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid."

-- SA: "I took a lot more pride in the 100th episode than I thought I would. And I don't mean the story per se, although I liked the story... Getting to a hundred episodes, I didn't think it would be a big deal. But when I got to set for the first day of it, I just - I just remember feeling this sense of accomplishment. And I remember looking around at, um, you know, all the different people that had been on the show when we were shooting the pilot. And that, here we are five years later, and, you know, that's kind of the - that's the high water mark. I mean, maybe you get to 150 episodes. We're going to get to 150-something, at least. Maybe you get to 200. But man, to get to 100 episodes, that's really something. And that feeling of accomplishment, just those first few days on set. And then all the actors that we had come back for that episode, and to reminisce for a little bit. And then to go to the 100-episode party, and all that fun stuff. That really felt like an accomplishment."

-- SA: "As you move through the years, there are pieces of the universe that you inevitably lose. But man, oh man, just in general, the Green Arrow universe, and our show specifically, is better when Roy Harper is in it. So I think that Colton coming back on a more permanent basis would be something that I would really hope would happen."

-- When asked if there was any chance that Malcolm Merlyn would come back, SA said that Malcolm died on Lian Yu, but that SA was not happy that it happened off-screen. He felt that Malcolm deserved an on-screen death. SA also said that they would always John Barrowman back on the show (there's other Earths), but it's up to John. Then mod said, "I love that you love Malcolm Merlyn." But fan responded, "No." Then SA said, "Thank you. Most people just like Emily and that's it."

-- SA: "Arrow was not a strategic move on my part. It was a lot of luck. If Season 4 of Hung on HBO gets picked up, I'm not the Green Arrow. If after three episodes, they decide to make me a regular on Private Practice, I'm not the Green Arrow. This was right place, right time, and I am very, very, very fortunate."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, jaye.elle said:

Because they're best friends. Duh. Haha. (but seriously, I'm super interested to see if they still hang out post Arrow. EBR and Colton do so ...)

I almost expect them to holiday together next!

59 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

A bit of a weight gain but mostly the makeup....not doing him any favors.

I don't know. I like how the liner makes his eyes pop.  And is it just me or has he slimmed down a bit since his episode?

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, jaye.elle said:

Because they're best friends. Duh. Haha. (but seriously, I'm super interested to see if they still hang out post Arrow. EBR and Colton do so ...)

Considering that all Emily's friends have now become Stephen and Cassandra's friends I think there's a good chance they'll hang out after the show ends. 

1 hour ago, Mary0360 said:

Considering that all Emily's friends have now become Stephen and Cassandra's friends I think there's a good chance they'll hang out after the show ends. 

Really? I used to think her bestie was Fanta and she doesn't know SA and Cass does she?

@jaye.elle I would think it was cute but would still keep wondering if they need a break from each other! Lol I was pretty close to one of my bosses but I was totally sick of him by the time the weekend rolled round! 

I was clicking around Twitter and it seemed like someone was trying to start a "SA and EBR hate each other and seem tense" story. I burst out laughing because that is the silliest rumour you could start about them at this point! Anything but that!  

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

Really? I used to think her bestie was Fanta and she doesn't know SA and Cass does she?

@jaye.elle I would think it was cute but would still keep wondering if they need a break from each other! Lol I was pretty close to one of my bosses but I was totally sick of him by the time the weekend rolled round! 

I was clicking around Twitter and it seemed like someone was trying to start a "SA and EBR hate each other and seem tense" story. I burst out laughing because that is the silliest rumour you could start about them at this point! Anything but that!  

You don't see Fanta much with the Mayo Jar group but she's been there at times in the background when there has been video at EBR's apartment or at restaurants.  Not so much recently (I'd say pre jar) but she must know them at least.  I'm assuming that EBR uses the term best friend for more than just one person.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Considering Stephen has openly talked about Fanta in the past, yeah he does.  But I was more referring to the fact that Carina, Aisha, Jarret and Jean Luc were originally Emily's friends.  

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Considering Stephen has openly talked about Fanta in the past, yeah he does.  But I was more referring to the fact that Carina, Aisha, Jarret and Jean Luc were originally Emily's friends.  

Now the mystery is do they have their own friends and if so why do they not hang with their own friends.

I vaguely recall them hanging out with Emily and her friends at Christmas (?). I think Emily's mum was there too!

Lol look at our leads! Probably even know each other's parents! 

3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Now the mystery is do they have their own friends and if so why do they not hang with their own friends.

I vaguely recall them hanging out with Emily and her friends at Christmas (?). I think Emily's mum was there too!

I assume they do but I guess Emily's are cooler lol.   That and they seem to kiss Stephen and his wife's asses.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mary0360 said:

Carina, Aisha, Jarret and Jean Luc were originally Emily's friends.  

Out of all of those people, I really like Jean Luc. He seems like a good guy. I sometimes can’t help myself and side-eye Carina and Jarett. But as long as everyone’s happy. 

Also there are a lot of people in SA‘s backyard. 

And CH shouldn’t do makeup. :-)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Belinea said:

Out of all of those people, I really like Jean Luc. He seems like a good guy. I sometimes can’t help myself and side-eye Carina and Jarett. But as long as everyone’s happy. 

Also there are a lot of people in SA‘s backyard. 

And CH shouldn’t do makeup. :-)

I’m kind of the other way around. Not really knowing anything about them, Jean Luc comes off as a douche and Jarett really positive.

4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

EBR’s mom was at the pre-party at her place before the S4 party and possibly the show party as well. SA was at her place as well. So they must have met.

5 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

But I was more referring to the fact that Carina, Aisha, Jarret and Jean Luc were originally Emily's friends.  

I am pretty sure SA and Carina were friends (or at least friendly) before she even knew Emily (I would assume they met when he was on Vampire Diaries).  In a Tweet or Instagram post or something (way back in season 1 - 2), one of them even mentioned that SA introduced Carina to Emily because he thought they would hit it off.  I think SA also knew Aisha first - he was on her show before Emily was IIRC.  Not sure about Jarret or the others and Emily may ultimately be closer to them now, but I SA was at least friendly (if not friends) with several of them prior to Emily.  

39 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

I think SA also knew Aisha first - he was on her show before Emily was IIRC.  

Yeah, he did. Aisha and Emily did an Instagram live video once, and IIRC, Emily said they didn’t meet until Aisha hosted the Arrow panel at the Paleyfest. She said she was pissed that Stephen had already done Aisha’s show and knew her and she didn’t. LOL. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Yeah, he did. Aisha and Emily did an Instagram live video once, and IIRC, Emily said they didn’t meet until Aisha hosted the Arrow panel at the Paleyfest. She said she was pissed that Stephen had already done Aisha’s show and knew her and she didn’t. LOL. 

I remember too that Aisha was already a big Emily fangirl and I think she might have told her flat out they were going to be friends, lol.  It was only after Aisha met EBR that she started showing up in their circle of friends so I get the impression that while Aisha met SA first, SA became true friends with her later because of EBR.  Of course, that is based on Instagram posts and the like so who knows.  

38 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I remember too that Aisha was already a big Emily fangirl and I think she might have told her flat out they were going to be friends, lol.  

It was actually the other way around. EBR's first words to Aisha were more or less, I love you, as she walked out on the stage at Paley Fest. 

11 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Probably even know each other's parents! 

I seem to recall a message on Instagram, or maybe a tweet, from Stephen's mom meant for Emily. Unfortunately, I think she messaged somebody with a similar name instead. And this was way back, like in 2013, I think. Anybody else recall this?

1 minute ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I seem to recall a message on Instagram, or maybe a tweet, from Stephen's mom meant for Emily. Unfortunately, I think she messaged somebody with a similar name instead. And this was way back, like in 2013, I think. Anybody else recall this?

Yeah - I think she was telling Emily that she knew one of her teachers? Something like that. 

44 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah - I think she was telling Emily that she knew one of her teachers? Something like that. 

That sounds so familiar, I think you're right.

So yeah, they definitely know each other's parents. 

Fan catering?!?! LMAO! Stay rude, bitter and mad, Carissa.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

That sounds so familiar, I think you're right.

So yeah, they definitely know each other's parents. 

Fan catering?!?! LMAO! Stay rude, bitter and mad, Carissa.

I don't think she knows what the term fan catering  means. Not to mention obviously missed the entire point of the episode. 

• Love 2

Also lol at the comment further down that thread the writers killed off Laurel because Olicity fans gave them a gift basket and money.

A. They wrote/planned to kill Laurel before Olicity fans would have known

B. Some Olicity fans raised money for a gift basket, long after Laurel death episode, to show support to the writers  who were getting abusive, threatening bullying attacks at the time.  Who were trying to get the show pulled from the air, who were writing letters and petitions calling for them to be fired and were changing their Wikipedia pages to include insulting derogatory attacks.  An overlooked part of the narrative. 

C. If I recall correctly didn't the writers not accept the gift basket but instead asked the fans to donate the money to their chosen charity? Ergo they didn't accept it as payment for services made contrary to belief. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

C. If I recall correctly didn't the writers not accept the gift basket but instead asked the fans to donate the money to their chosen charity? Ergo they didn't accept it as payment for services made contrary to belief. 

The money raised was donated to the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation. Here's the letter of acknowledgement.

5ad29b8e083a2_olicityfandomcharity-chrisreeves.jpg.8778fd8aab862a39b96ae6982062b8da.jpg

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 7

Ew. I remember that interview, it was really rude and completely unnecessary. She hasn't got a leg to stand on tbh. Bye.

7 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Ew. I remember that interview, it was really rude and completely unnecessary. She hasn't got a leg to stand on tbh. Bye.

That is also NOT how she worded the question to Emily. She's totally doing revisionist history there.

She never said that. It was a straight -How do you feel about/ what's your response to people who think you ruined the show? 

Edited by Mary0360
  • Love 5

Also I'm curious- did she/tvfanatic have to give Leah Pipes, from the originals, an award for the "character who needs to get the fuck off the show" the same year as she interviewed Emily, on behalf of her readers?  Cause Leah was pretty upset about that.

Edited by Mary0360