Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

It was obvious it was done for fun. If they wanted a straight win, they wouldn't include LoVe who had a big fanbase.

Yeah, that's where my hesitation comes in too. They had a big fanbase and their show's fans crowdfunded a movie years later. I have no idea what the point of this poll is but I'd think if they were going for a guaranteed win, they'd have picked a different couple. Honestly, whatever this poll was about it's just weird. CW ship of the week involves only one couple currently on the air, only two who were ever on The CW and one who never existed because the characters were on different shows that aired in different years? It's just bonkers.

• Love 1

Brooke and Oliver doesn't make sense, even if they ever had interacted? Maybe when he was pre Island Ollie, but they aren't two people who I'd automatically think would go well together across universes.  And yeah pitting LoVe against anyone isn't exactly guaranteed to make anyone else win. Weird poll is weird but I guess we're talking about it, which was probably the point. 

New Arrow title card debuted last night...

'Arrow' Debuts New Title Card For Season 6
by Jenna Anderson | October 19, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/10/20/arrow-season-6-title-card-team-arrow-symbols/

You can spot a bird symbol for Dinah Drake/Black Canary (Juliana Harkavy), a dog symbol for Rene Ramirez/Wild Dog (Rick Gonzalez), a T for Curtis Holt/Mr. Terrific (Echo Kellum), a technological-looking eye for Felicity Smoak/Overwatch (Emily Betty Rickards), a helmet for John Diggle/Spartan (David Ramsey), and the traditional Arrow symbol for Oliver Queen/Green Arrow (Stephen Amell).

• Love 5

SA did a Facebook Q&A yesterday (scroll down comments to read his answers, quoted several below - his crossover answers are posted in the Mind Your Surroundings thread)...

Hector Mercado Is anything different than you expected on this journey that you started years ago? And do you have a sense of pride seeing what the other shows are doing knowing that you’re sort of like The Godfather to the DC TV universe? ...
Stephen Amell We set out with the goal of getting the pilot picked up. Then someone reviewed the pilot and said, "It's good... but the track record suggests that superhero shows don't work on tv..." or something to that effect. So ya... the journey has been different.
Dylan Castillo What are you looking forward to the most this season aside from the William storyline? Also, what are you excited for us the fans to see in your new portrayal of Oliver Queen/Green Arrow for this season? Despite liking the team I miss the Oliver who wa...See More ...
Stephen Amell I'm very excited for David Ramsey at the moment. You'll understand why after tonight.
Uzma Naz Satti Any other upcoming shows/movies? ... 
Stephen Amell Excited to watch an assembly of Code 8. I'm hearing good things... deciding right now if this hiatus - if we're renewed - will be about a movie or some down time / traveling. There are two interesting projects that I'm circling, but both of them are very early days.
Andrée-Anne Gagnon Do you think there is another layer to Oliver's character? ... 
Stephen Amell there better be...
Kristen Write Have you ever pitched any ideas or freestyled anything that ended up in the show? 
And by the way I love your show and all the CW superhero shows. My friends and I constantly talk about them and discuss them, sometimes silly and sometimes profound. It's gotten me quite a few friendships and helped me bond closer with some people. :) ...
Stephen Amell I pitch ideas all the time... sometimes they happen, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they remain a secret, sometimes they don't.
Stacy Thomas What is your favorite part of the season so far! ...
Stephen Amell Omitting the crossovers - they're so heavy on my brain right now - I'd have to go with a scene between Mr. Ramsey and I (a series of scenes actually) in an upcoming episode. No specific number.
Rebecca Terrell How do you like arrow being on the same night as SPN? ...
Stephen Amell Both Jared and Jensen have been invaluable to me personally and professionally since we started this journey in 2012. I knew about them and the way they handled themselves via a conversation with David Nutter (the director of both pilots) before I'd even met them. Sharing a night with them (again) is a privilige.
Sara Sleegers Any chance you can tell something about Oliver interacting with Black Siren? ...
Stephen Amell When it happens this year, you'll be the first to know.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, bethy said:

What homage? Is comparing the Diggle/Dinah dynamic to Mulder and Scully? Uh. NO.

I think that's Tinah holding a flashlight? That's the only X-File-esque homage I'm seeing. Oh, and that it's really dark.

6 minutes ago, tv echo said:

That top part really looks like a reject from the ATOM pile.

• Love 2
Just now, SmallScreenDiva said:

I think that's Tinah holding a flashlight? That's the only X-File-esque homage I'm seeing. Oh, and that it's really dark.

Oh, I totally missed the flashlight. Still, no, though. :)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

B-t-s pics for 601...

1 hour ago, bethy said:

What homage? Is comparing the Diggle/Dinah dynamic to Mulder and Scully? Uh. NO.

Kim Manners is rolling over in his grave (RIP). No, BamBam. No. Just no. Just no. no. no.  A dark hallway and a flashlight/Diggle and Dinah do not an X Files homage make (Watch early SPN if you want actual X Files homages. This has been your daily SPN comment in the arrow thread :) ).

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

It was just announced at the Nocking Point wine (SA's wine company) event taking place in LA today that their December wine collaboration will be with EBR and Colton Haynes. 

Hmm, now I want to watch again the little video SA did to promote this before the announcement, but I can't seem to find it anymore.  

Edited by BkWurm1
31 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Are those badges official?? I thought they were fan made! Looks like they are going full force Olicity if that's official merchandise.

Apparently. The fan who posted said it came into her workplace (I'm assuming a shop) and was from WB merchandising. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Hmm, now I want to watch again the little video SA did to promote this before the announcement, but I can't seem to find it anymore.  

I think it's on his Facebook but from memory he said "You know them I LOVE them their my people and I'm excited to work with him and with her and have them be part of the family" or something like that, paraphrasing. 

• Love 1

SA referred to his new collaboration with two people, but he didn't spoil who they were in his Oct. 20 facebook video (in advance of his Oct. 22 Nocking Point party)...

Stephen Amell
October 20 at 4:18pm · 
Come party with the Nocking Point Family this Sunday in LA. Limited GA Tickets are left. Plus... SO MUCH NP NEWS FORTHCOMING!!!
Tickets for LA: https://nockingpointwines.com/product/general-la-2017/

-- SA: "And now, for the first time ever, we are not collaborating with one person, we are collaborating with two people. You liked them. I loved them. They're my peoples. I could not be more excited to collaborate with him and to collaborate with her. And, uh, to include them as 'they' when speaking about Nocking Point, because once you collaborate with us, you're part of the family. So we'll be talking about that...."

-- Also, SA said that he officially finished working on the crossover "yesterday." But he's got a lot of work to do for Arrow still.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Don't know if this is legitimate or not...

Want to Work in Film and Television? Need 16 to 45 yr olds ASAP! (Lower Mainland) 
October 22, 2017
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/tfr/d/want-to-work-in-film-and/6355318717.html

compensation: $12.50 - $33.39/hr 
employment type: part-time 

Licensed Talent Agency (ER #145-420) expanding to represent Background Performers/Extras 16-45yrs looking! 

We book for top number one shows including RIVERDALE, SUPERGIRL, FLASH, The 100 and many many more! 

Qualifications required are as follows:

Professional
Responsible
Reliable
Flexible
Punctual
Attention to detail
Excellent entire day/evening availability (MUST be available FULL DAYS/EVENINGS 2-3 weekdays!)
Ability to work long hours
Preferably have vehicle or access to one
Preferably have an understanding of working in Film/TV (but not necessarily required)

HOW TO APPLY: 

STEP #1) Reply to this posting and include 2 of your most recent selfie photos (1 from head to toe and the other from the waist up - NO nude, No Semi-Nude, No Provocative Photos as we are a professional film/tv agency!) of just yourself (no others in the photo) 

STEP # 2) Include your age, height, weight and city you live in

STEP #3) Include a Summary of any film experience you may already have. 

STEP #4) Don't forget to include your contact information as well! 

We're looking for individuals 16-45 yrs looking including all ethnicities!

Applicants MUST be either Canadian Citizens/Permanent Residents of British Columbia or hold valid Work Visa with SIN #.

We thank you in advance for your submissions, however, please note due to the amount of applications we receive we will only be contacting those chosen to be interviewed.

Edited by tv echo

I haven't checked her Instagram in quite a while, but is JH completely brunette now? Don't get me wrong, I am glad that she came to her senses and ditched the blonde hair pretty quickly, but at this point, Dinah really needs a wig. Any halfway decent cop should be able to tell that she's the Black Canary just by tracing her ever-changing hairstyles. 

3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Good question. Some things she only does on FB and JH looks to be one of them for the most part. 

Maybe because she knows how loaded the fandom is? People have to use their real names on Facebook, right? Maybe she figures users would be less inclined to post hateful messages on that platform. 

• Love 1

Next weekend's comic cons (updated with schedules)...

MCM London Comic Con, October 27-29, 2017 (UK)
Manu Bennett
http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/london/attractions/special-guests/
Official Show Guide - no specific panel info (MB will be there all three days)

Wizard World Oklahoma City, October 27-29, 2017 (OK)
John Barrowman
https://wizardworld.com/guests/oklahoma-city
Program Schedule - JB panel on Sat. 10/28 at 4:00 pm

Stan Lee's Los Angeles Comic Con, October 27-29, 2017 (CA)
(Katee Sackhoff and Maisie Richardson-Sellers)
http://www.stanleeslacomiccon.com/guest 
Panel Schedule - "ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY presents Katee Sackhoff: Women Who Kick Ass, Sci-Fi Edition" panel on Sat. 10/28 at 12:30 pm

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, strikera0 said:

I haven't checked her Instagram in quite a while, but is JH completely brunette now? Don't get me wrong, I am glad that she came to her senses and ditched the blonde hair pretty quickly, but at this point, Dinah really needs a wig. Any halfway decent cop should be able to tell that she's the Black Canary just by tracing her ever-changing hairstyles. 

Maybe because she knows how loaded the fandom is? People have to use their real names on Facebook, right? Maybe she figures users would be less inclined to post hateful messages on that platform. 

She;s a brunette now with blonde tips.

using real names and identity doesnt stop ppl from posting hateful comments on there. Precisely why i dont even check facebook anymore. 

Why do I dislike @cadlymack?  I don't know her, and don't remember specific things that irritated me in the past, but I have a strong negative reaction to her.  Possible I'm just jealous.  LOL

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Kymmi said:

Why do I dislike @cadlymack?  I don't know her, and don't remember specific things that irritated me in the past, but I have a strong negative reaction to her.  Possible I'm just jealous.  LOL

She caused a little bit of a fuss at the HVFF in England for posting snaps of a couple Olicity fans getting their pictures taken with SA and EBR and making fun of them (which she later deleted and apologized for). Other than that she's your typical annoying name dropper who was embarrassingly desperate to get into SA's inner circle. Glad to see she finally made it. :*)

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Kymmi said:

I think the fact that she seems to attach herself to famous people and instabrags about it and that her rise in her career seems from the outside looking in to stem from her attachment to famous people creates an air of untrustworthiness about her. 

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

She caused a little bit of a fuss at the HVFF in England for posting snaps of a couple Olicity fans getting their pictures taken with SA and EBR and making fun of them (which she later deleted and apologized for). Other than that she's your typical annoying name dropper who was embarrassingly desperate to get into SA's inner circle. Glad to see she finally made it. :*)

Really? I must have missed this. What'd she do? 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Really? I must have missed this. What'd she do? 

She posted this video. The fan she took the video of saw it and called her out on Twitter for being rude and judgmental. Carina apologized and (IIRC) said something about how she immediately felt bad after she posted it. 

15 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

She posted this video. The fan she took the video of saw it and called her out on Twitter for being rude and judgmental. Carina apologized and (IIRC) said something about how she immediately felt bad after she posted it. 

Ugh. Yeah okay I could see why people would be pissed over that. The smugness and condescension is strong in that one. ?

8 hours ago, Kymmi said:

4 hours ago, Belinea said:

I know this is rude but her face seems to permanently have this look. 

I think she does have resting smug and calculating face.  

• Love 12