Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, lemotomato said:

That was how it played out. The question was about what Josh thought about "Felicity" being Adrian's last words, aka the last card he played against Oliver.

I understood the question. I was reacting to Josh's elaboration about knowing Felicity was the most vulnerable point for Oliver. And like I mentioned in my original post, it didn't feel like that was true based on how it played out. Josh says Felicity is the one Oliver cares about most and sure Felicity was the last word on Chase's lips but in the episode Oliver didn't go nuts until Myson was taken. I feel like that whole focus on Felicity that Josh is talking about got muddled by the presence of all the other kidnappees and Myson. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lemotomato said:

I only see tweets about Serena Williams' baby. Did he delete stuff?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/colton-haynes-slams-hollywood-treatment-gays-article-1.3457471

It was a few days ago,  but ugh,  sounds like he's having trouble finding work hence his return to Teen Wolf.   And it makes me super pissed as a gay guy also working, not in that industry but one where gay people aren't valued.   And it makes me pissed at Noah Galvin for his stupid interview where he called Colton a pussy, considering his theatre career is safe and Colton's heartthrob boy mainstream gig might flounder. 

• Love 1

I think he is probably getting offered a lot of gay roles but he certainly hasnt had trouble getting work. Cameos in that Rock movie, Rough Night, Scream Queens, now in American Horror Story where I am sure he will be for at least another 2 seasons.

It doesn't negate him getting roles in two high profile movies, and RM hasnt been afraid to give gay actors work (he isnt afraid to give anyone work for the most part) but it's still a role, he also had a two episode stint on The Grinder, his career hasn't come to a halt is all I'm sayin. I don't think he is getting offered great roles and they are probably stereotypical which I agree with him is shitty.

Edited by Primal Slayer

Video of FIRST HALF of of Arrow: Star City Sentinels panel at Dragon Con yesterday..

ARROW CAST PANEL ON STAGE / DRAGON CON 2017
Published on Sep 1, 2017, by Prince MojoTM

--  Mod introduced Alex Kingston, Josh Segarra, Willa Holland and Echo Kellum. Mod then said that they were "awaiting the arrival of Katie Cassidy."

-- AK seemed surprised to be part of this panel. She jokingly said not to ask her any questions about Arrow because it's been so long since she's been on Arrow that she doesn't remember "a damn thing" about the show.

-- JS said that he "loved" Arrow and that he's so "pumped" to be at his first Dragon Con.

-- Fan asked about Curtis' hair changing from "natural" to braids as Mr. Terrific. EK said that he gets that question more than any other and mentioned MG's answer about Curtis being a metahuman and fast braiding being his only superpower. EK then said that there were African speedsters who help him. He also said that Curtis is really smart and probably has a T-Sphere that does his hair.

-- Fan asked WH if Thea has any "bright moments" coming up this season because she's suffered so many losses. WH: "Arrow wouldn't be Arrow if there was happiness. Arrow would be The Flash if there was happiness." (Audience laughed and clapped)

-- JS talked about shooting the scene where Chase tortures Oliver and how they tried to make it realistic. SA was really chained. They spoke about a week later and both were still sore.

-- Fan asked WH if there was any possibility that Thea, Dinah and Felicity would have an all girls' mission this season. WH: 'That should definitely happen, and I don’t know why it hasn’t already. That is something that I do think should definitely happen and we should pitch that as much as possible, because that’s all we need in this universe is more people banding together, and women and everything, and yes, I love that idea!” 

-- JS really seems like a nice guy in real life. He seemed to make efforts to include AK, who got no fan questions. For example, while answering a fan question, he referenced AK's prior "ginger water" comment. He's also really articulate.

-- At this point, mod said: "Katie Cassidy sends her apologies. She has taken ill for a little bit. Um, yeah, I'm not sure what the circumstances is to it, so, uh, if you could - she's here, I do believe, still at the convention, of course, so hopefully you'll get to see her later on this week."

-- WH said that she likes Thea better now than in Seasons 1/2. She related better to who Thea is now.

-- Video stopped here (before panel was finished).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

JB panel at Fan Expo Canada yesterday (Sep. 1) - I haven't watched the videos yet, so I don't know if he said anything about Arrow...

John Barrowman - FANeXpo Canada 2017 - Panel Part 1
Published on Sep 2, 2017, by FTWvsWTF

John Barrowman - FANeXpo Canada 2017 - Panel Part 2
Published on Sep 2, 2017, by FTWvsWTF

Edited by tv echo

Considering there was interviews early on in the piece where the producers said they had planned the show around a five year arch and just over a year ago there was a real possibility the CW wouldn't exsist plus they KILLED HER OFF I highly doubt the show had/has ambitions to go 10-12 years or made promises of that to KC.

ETA:or what @wonderwall said

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Even if that's true ... who really plans for a show to be on 10-12 years? Especially these days (including at the beginning of the show). That would really be wishful thinking. On everyone's part. 

I think they were hoping for Smallville longevity - which ran for 10 years. Arrow was a gamble, but I could see someone at the CW saying that to her in passing. When these shows work out (on the CW) they do run for years. They might also have been thinking spin-offs as well.

KC also has selective memory when it comes to conversations (still believing she was the love interest, long after she was told they were going with Olicity). I mean, she's still trying to push a BS triangle with O/F (when everyone else is talking the Olicity wedding).

• Love 4
1 minute ago, sadfangirl said:

I mean, she's still trying to push a BS triangle with O/F (when everyone else is talking the Olicity wedding).

I dont' think she is. Thankfully she has shown to be uncomfortable with questions about a BS/Oliver romantic pairing. Maybe she still wants it but I don't think she's pushing for it.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

But I thought the EP's believed they'd only get 5 seasons so...huh? 

Yeah, when the show premiered it seemed like they were hoping to get to the end of the 5-year flashback arc (and based on quotes it seemed like they thought it would end there, with Oliver getting rescued). So asking her if she were up for 5 years? Yes, I believe it. 10-12? No. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, when the show premiered it seemed like they were hoping to get to the end of the 5-year flashback arc (and based on quotes it seemed like they thought it would end there, with Oliver getting rescued). So asking her if she were up for 5 years? Yes, I believe it. 10-12? No. 

Yeah. I'd even believe 6 years because that seems to be the length of some of their early contracts but 10-12 seems like an exaggeration, IMO. Why she'd say that, I'll never know. Haha.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

More tweets:

The last two tweets are the funniest: 

u-LVhQ1vFvSBXh56AbkJr8Ebef_fkIMOeNuQVhCd

4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I still want to know what the point of BS meeting E1 LL (from when exactly ?) would be. 

Thankfully Marc's answer seems non commital Not going to lie I'm in management and that's something I say when I want to avoid discussing something my employees think is super important but I'd rather they just get back to work because it's really not important to me. 

• Love 9

They were probably seeing how Smallville had went. They can have a realistic goal of 5 years and easily say "if this is a hit, are you prepared to do 10 years?!?". They were signed on for 7 years after all.  It isn't that hard to believe.

14 minutes ago, sadfangirl said:

KC also has selective memory when it comes to conversations (still believing she was the love interest, long after she was told they were going with Olicity). I mean, she's still trying to push a BS triangle with O/F (when everyone else is talking the Olicity wedding).

Oh is she? What has she said?

Edited by Primal Slayer
1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

They were probably seeing how Smallville had went. They can have a realistic goal of 5 years and easily say "if this is a hit, are you prepared to do 10 years?!?". They were signed on for 7 years after all.  

Lol Arrow was a risk when they were launching it. CW was known to be a network geared towards the GG/TVD demo at that point. The only exception being SPN (and SPN was a show that launched at WB) . There is no way they would be talking 10-12 years with how things stood at that time at the CW. That has not been able to lauch a succesful male led show since it was established. And even the most succesful show at that time TVD was not talking that kind of lengths. And SPN is just a phenomena. 

They were the first superhero show since Smallville which lasted 10 years, it is very easy for one of them to give a fly away comment about a possible 10 years if they were a hit. Who knows what TVD was talking about length wise, I doubt they had indepth conversations about it or were that serious about it that it needs to be dissected.

• Love 1

I can't fathom anyone talking to her about 12 years. That's crazy. Leads only sign 6 year contracts. Why would they ask her about 12 years. That's bizarre. 

1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

The last two tweets are the funniest: 

u-LVhQ1vFvSBXh56AbkJr8Ebef_fkIMOeNuQVhCd

Thankfully Marc's answer seems non commital Not going to lie I'm in management and that's something I say when I want to avoid discussing something my employees think is super important but I'd rather they just get back to work because it's really not important to me. 

Maybe they'll kill each other and we can finally be free of them both!

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

They were the first superhero show since Smallville which lasted 10 years, it is very easy for one of them to give a fly away comment about a possible 10 years if they were a hit. Who knows what TVD was talking about length wise, I doubt they had indepth conversations about it or were that serious about it that it needs to be dissected.

If we were talking about Flash, i would agree, but not Arrow. 

This is one story from Katie Cassidy that I will completely buy.  Even leaving aside the Smallville thing, studios often ask questions about long term commitments during opening discussions - I've had similar questions from Time Warner divisions, as recently as this August. 

It doesn't mean that anyone actually believes the project will go on that long. It's just part of the interview/how committed are you to this process. In Katie Cassidy's case, she had done the financially successful Nightmare on Elm Street just a couple of years before, was rumored to have a major trust fund from her grandfather, had various Hollywood connections, and reasons - after the failure of Gossip Girl and Melrose Place - to feel a bit skeptical about CW shows. I can readily believe that at the time, Berlanti and CW executives wanted to know how really interested she was in the role. 

• Love 4

I would believe someone said the 12 years line because as @Morrigan2575 said, that's typical Hollywood BS and hyperbole. If she took it seriously, that's another matter, because just look at the TV landscape even 6 years ago. Shows like L&O: SVU and Supernatural are an anomaly not the norm. I still remember that show, maybe Lone Star, that got hyped to high heaven and was canceled after 2 episodes. Anyone remember The Beautiful Life on the CW? Actors sold their homes and moved to New York, and boom, canceled after 2 episodes. Anyway, I believe KC, but anyone with half a brain wouldn't have believed whoever told her that.

• Love 4

What I find both funny and sad is KC is telling this anecdote now -- about a show that demoted her and then essentially fired her. Is this supposed to show they really, really wanted her? Sure, at the beginning, maybe. But now? It kinda comes across as desperate.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I would believe someone said the 12 years line because as @Morrigan2575 said, that's typical Hollywood BS and hyperbole. If she took it seriously, that's another matter, because just look at the TV landscape even 6 years ago. Shows like L&O: SVU and Supernatural are an anomaly not the norm. I still remember that show, maybe Lone Star, that got hyped to high heaven and was canceled after 2 episodes. Anyone remember The Beautiful Life on the CW? Actors sold their homes and moved to New York, and boom, canceled after 2 episodes. Anyway, I believe KC, but anyone with half a brain wouldn't have believed whoever told her that.

Yep.  Especially given that her history on the CW included the one season Melrose Place,  and that she's from a Hollywood family. She knows - or should know - how fickle/uncertain Hollywood is.

3 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Lol Arrow was a risk when they were launching it. CW was known to be a network geared towards the GG/TVD demo at that point. The only exception being SPN (and SPN was a show that launched at WB) . There is no way they would be talking 10-12 years with how things stood at that time at the CW. That has not been able to lauch a succesful male led show since it was established. And even the most succesful show at that time TVD was not talking that kind of lengths. And SPN is just a phenomena. 

Not to mention that no one even knew IF The CW would be around that long. There was a very real concern that The CW would not be able to renew their affiliates contracts.  At most they probably hoped Arrow would last 5 years.

Of course, that doesn't mean that's what the EPs were telling people, it is very Hollywood to talk up projects but, any actor that's been in the industey as long as KC should be smart enough to recognize it for what it was...typical Hollywood BS.

If KC actually believed it, especially after watching Melrose Place crash and burn, she's dumber than a box of rocks. 

12 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I love Alex Kingston, and I wish they'd done more with her. It seemed like they got her, loved that they did, and then ... that was it. 

It seemed that they loved her, got her and then didn't know what to do with her.  She hasn't been so underused since she was on ER.

Another time when their eyes were bigger than their writing ideas.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I love Alex Kingston, and I wish they'd done more with her. It seemed like they got her, loved that they did, and then ... that was it. 

Given her character was primarily tied to Laurel it doesn't surprise me.  Once Laurel's significance as a character started to diminished I am guessing AK was no longer much of a consideration.  That aside, the show has not been great about parents on the show.  I guess technically Donna got the most in terms of development/story line (for a non-regular character) but even that was a mixed bag and they were not willing to commit longterm. 

• Love 2