Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I donated. You know these haters were no where to be found when one of them created a gofundme and gave the money to KC ($400) when she was fired. Like at least Olicity fans donate to good causes and charities.

• Love 2

Olicity fans have participated in a least one charitable campaign every season since like season 2. Currently I think there is 3 charitable Olicity fan campaigns. So I don't know why the haters are so put out by this one.  

The only thing I can think is that this will be physical proof of the Olicity fandoms contribution plus jealous resentment that nobody gives an eff about their faves and they have no fandom to actually be able to do fun activities or charity appeals. They can't even win polls with out being singled out by websites for cheating.

• Love 6

I just don't understand why they care.  Instead of complaining about it, they should put positive energy into a charity they like.   They need to stop focusing on this fandom because at this point it looks really petty and pathetic.

• Love 16

No, I've never seen so many people so angry over something like this. I think some of it comes from just plainly not reading what's happening - a lot of angry people seem to think that fandom is raising money to buy an actual bench - that the money goes JUST for the bench - and are planning to just plant it somewhere in a park in Vancouver, not realizing that this is a program offered by the parks to raise money for upkeep. And I've seen some people angry that it's this particular kind of giving - going to a park instead of a person/group of people - instead of something they deem more appropriate. To which I say go ahead and start a campaign of your own for something you'd like to give money to - this fandom is pretty generous and I'm sure people would donate there too! 

The anger has been entertaining though. Especially the group of Laurel stans who were tweeting that they were worried that the majority of Olicity fans who were donating were underage and committing credit card fraud by donating without their parents' consent. 

• Love 15

But even if the fandom wanted to buy themselves an actual bench and it was all legal they have no right to be angry at that!

Heck if we all pitched our money together so we can all buy matching Olicity undies it is no one's frigging business as long as no one was hurt in the process! 

I just cannot understand this! It reeks of crazy! It's like me logging onto the diamond forum to scream abuse at the woman who bought herself a 5 carat diamond with her own money! CRAZY!!!!!!!!

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I just cannot understand this! It reeks of crazy! It's like me logging onto the diamond forum to scream abuse at the woman who bought herself a 5 carat diamond with her own money! CRAZY!!!!!!!!

It reeks of jealousy..and jealousy makes people irrational.

• Love 3

I missed all this Olicity bench drama yesterday so I'm very entertained reading about it right now. But how pathetic do you have to be to get indignant about how other people spend their own money - especially when it's for helpful causes? I've never seen anything like this before. People be crazy. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm curious, have any of you guys who have been involved in other fandoms seen anything like this? Like this random angry raging at stuff that is none of their business?

This seems to be reaching new levels, possibly due to the prevalence of SM now a days but, fandom has always been crazy. There were some pretty epic levels of crazy ass shit going down in Smallville fandom, shipper wars, competing campaigns, stealing/spying on fandom gifts/campaigns etc, comic fans raging over Chloe not being a comics character and how she diminishes Clark because she saved him a bunch of times (same fans didn't complain when Lois did it...sound familiar?)

All in all...fandom be crazy, yo!

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, ladylaw99 said:

I just don't understand why they care.  Instead of complaining about it, they should put positive energy into a charity they like.   They need to stop focusing on this fandom because at this point it looks really petty and pathetic.

That's the thing. While Olicity fans put energy into good things, the others bitch about it and try to vandalize or report a fund. So stupid. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm curious, have any of you guys who have been involved in other fandoms seen anything like this? Like this random angry raging at stuff that is none of their business?

This is nothing compared to what went on in the heyday of soaps.  A whole other level of crazy town.  

6 hours ago, tv echo said:

On June 16, Colin Donnell and Dean Cain appeared for a Q&A session at Supanova Sydney in Australia (pop culture festival and gaming festival)...

417674E600000578-0-image-a-20_1497605441

417674EA00000578-0-image-a-21_1497605930

417674DE00000578-4610520-Wowing_crowds_C

4176761200000578-0-image-a-29_1497606715
(pics source)

Colin and Dean are also both scheduled to appear at Supanova Perth on June 23-25, 2017.

ETA: Two Australian interviews with Colin Donnell are posted on page 231 of the Starling City Times thread)

Holy shit. Colin Donnell with a beard....does things to me.

• Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I missed all this Olicity bench drama yesterday so I'm very entertained reading about it right now. But how pathetic do you have to be to get indignant about how other people spend their own money - especially when it's for helpful causes? I've never seen anything like this before. People be crazy. 

Even beyond mocking Olicity fans for how they spend their money (not just on this bench but also for sending the cast soda, and for the fruit basket to the writers that ended up being a donation to the Reeves Foundation), there were posts bragging about reporting the fundraiser as fraud to try to get it taken down and posts hoping/threatening to vandalize the bench. It's bewildering how some people are that angry about fictional characters and their fans.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 4
(edited)
23 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Even beyond mocking Olicity fans for how they spend their money (not just on this bench but also for sending the cast soda, and for the fruit basket to the writers that ended up being a donation to the Reeves Foundation), there were posts bragging about reporting the fundraiser as fraud to try to get it taken down and posts hoping/threatening to vandalize the bench. It's bewildering how some people are that angry about fictional characters and their fans.

I don't get it. What do people think that will accomplish? Do they actually think it will accomplish something? 

I feel like the time and energy some people put into hating something - in any fandom - could be used to do some good, like these fundraisers. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
Double post in post
  • Love 4

Going by this picture, does this mean there's actually more female writers on the show than men??? Say whaaaaat.

(I guess we don't know for sure if this includes all of the writers but it's still nice to see more women for a change.)

12 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

That reeks of violent/angry aggressive behavior that needs to be addressed in their every day life. No one should be behaving like that online or otherwise. 

• Love 10

The harsh reality is that two thirds of low-income families own no books for their children.
With nearly one in five urban preschoolers living below the federal poverty level, the need for books is huge. 

Another worthy cause.

I heard about the Olicity fans' projects; are there projects by the people who are criticizing them?

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Another worthy cause.

I heard about the Olicity fans' projects; are there projects by the people who are criticizing them?

Nope. Which is why I think it reeks of jealousy because they lack the fandom the size and the inspiration on their own.

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Not a single one. 

It's telling how certain factions of the fandom react to things that make them angry. I've seen several instances of Olicity/OTA fans getting upset at something, then channel that energy into doing something positive, like turning MG's comment about bad ratings and soda into buying soda for DR, or fundraising to send the writers something nice after seeing all the abuse being sent to them. I never see that kind of a response from the other factions. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Video clips of Colin Donnell at Supanova Sydney on June 16 (posted by lmkf91 on youtube)...

Colin Donnell @ Supanova Sydney 2017 part1/5

-- CD talked about his character speaking Spanish in the pilot of Chicago Med. He said that he didn't know a word of Spanish, but apparently somebody told them that he did. So when he got to work, they said to him, 'you speak Spanish, don't you?' and he was, like, 'no!' So he said that they keep "throwing" Spanish at him and he keeps "feeling like a giant turd that butchered a beautiful language." He added that he speaks "a little bit of French, enough to get him into trouble." He said that speaking Spanish was harder than speaking the medical dialogue. He added that they then "threw some Arabic" at him as well.

Colin Donnell @ Supanova Sydney 2017 part2/5

-- On possibly returning to Arrow, CD joked: "Everybody comes back, except for Tommy. Nobody's ever dead on Arrow, except for Tommy. He's literally the only character that's not been back, like, in an actual way." He then added: "I have the fortunate blessing of being a busy working actor, so, uh, you know, probably not. But I didn't say never. (Dean Cain interjected, "Can't say never.") Never say never. So chances are really low."

Colin Donnell @ Supanova Sydney 2017 part3/5

-- CD said that they worked really hard to try to make it work for him to return for Arrow's 100th episode, but it just didn't work "scheduling-wise." It just wasn't easy to get to Vancouver from Chicago for the shoot dates. But he liked the way the show incorporated Tommy into that episode. He said that while he was in Chicago, he got an email from MG saying that they were thinking of him and attaching a video clip of the scene with John Barrowman and Willa Holland, where they referenced Tommy pulling double shifts in a Chicago hospital. CD: "It made me cry."

Colin Donnell @ Supanova Sydney 2017 part4/5

-- I think they talked about a female cast member leaving Chicago Med, but I don't watch that show, so I'm not sure who they were talking about.

Colin Donnell @ Supanova Sydney 2017 part5/5

-- I couldn't understand the fan's question, but I think it had to do with acting different roles. CD: "I mean, I'll echo what Dean [Cain] says. It's really - it starts with everything that's on the page. Um, and, you know, luckily we share the producer with Andrew Kreisberg... And so, when Andrew and Marc created Arrow, it works really, really well for the stuff. And we've had - uh, we also have this amazing creators on Chicago Med... Once you slip on the costume and you step in front of the camera, and you've got great people that you're surrounded with, it's just - it's what we do, I guess... We play a bad - you know, a bad boy businessman like Tommy. And then we go be a cocaine-sniffing, maybe rapist on The Affair. And then - and then, you know, go and be a doctor all of a sudden. It's cool. I mean, that's really the joy, I think, of continuing to work - is to stretch in different directions."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, way2interested said:

Seems Bruce Campbell is excited about s6. Warning for potential spoilers in SA's original tweet. 

And now I'm hoping he'll show up on the show.  Lol.  

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't know if he even watches. ?

I follow Bruce in Twitter, he's very prolific and, replies to a lot of celebs often making me wonder does he even know these people?

I know! I legitimately laughed for a minute going, "what is happening?" when I saw he tweeted that.

8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It's nice to see someone living their dream.  It also helps that he's kind of modest about it.  #SickOfArrogantBlowhards

Meh. Regular people post photos of themselves with celebrities they meet. By that definition they are arrogant blowhards as well. I think Stephen was just thanking the club for an oppurtunity he was given and if people chose to be offended by that that's on them and not something he's intentionally trying to offend people with.

Stephen Amell is a fan of the club as as such gives them a minor level of free publicity. Certainly not the first or last sport teams to use celebrity fans for publicity. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I was thinking of people like Kanye and some others when I said arrogant blowhards, not fans who take pictures with celebrities.

SA seems genuinely happy that he gets to be living a dream and grateful that his status gives him the opportunity to do this and wrestling, not that it's his right to do it because he's the greatest.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6

Can I just say that I don't like the nose piercings that EBR and KC have at the moment. I mean, some people really pull it off but I just don't like it on them. But as always if they like it then all the more power to them.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Belinea said:

Can I just say that I don't like the nose piercings that EBR and KC have at the moment. I mean, some people really pull it off but I just don't like it on them. But as always if they like it then all the more power to them.

Personally, I've never seen a septum piercing that didn't remind me of a bull with a ring through its nose.  It's just not a look I think anyone should emulate.  The side nostril can work, but in the middle ALWAYS looks wrong to me.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

Personally, I've never seen a septum piercing that didn't remind me of a bull with a ring through its nose. 

That's what I always think of. But I was afraid to say it.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Personally, I've never seen a septum piercing that didn't remind me of a bull with a ring through its nose.  It's just not a look I think anyone should emulate.  The side nostril can work, but in the middle ALWAYS looks wrong to me.  

I'm very picky on piercings. I don't like the ones KC/EBR sport for the same reason. However, I like the little chip on the side of the nose. I also don't seem to like hoops in general (lip or eyebrow). I do like belly piercings if they're the jeweled hanging kind.

Of course I love tats and have a couple (always looking to add) but, I only have the initial ear piercings all/most girls get as children.

I got a hoop for my navel when I was in my 20s. One day, a button from a shirt got snagged on it and I screamed bloody murder. That was the end of the piercing. Now I just have the boring ear piercings. I actually don't mind both EBR and KC's nose hoops, possibly because I can barely see them. A tad bigger, though, and yeah, they start heading toward bull territory :P

• Love 2
(edited)

Body shaming is horrible and no one should have to deal with that but yikes. Dude wouldn't last a day as a woman. I just think of all the body shaming/abuse sent to EBR and his other female co-stars and they didn't react like this. Whatever happened to ignoring people on the internet? He told his fans that on FB enough times. Unless he only cares when he's the one being attacked? IDK.

Maybe I'm being insensitive. But dude needs to relax a bit.

Edited by Guest