Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)
15 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

When is SDCC?

SDCC is July 20-23, 2017.

I think that DR is still pro-Olicity. IIRC, he talked about the relationships that "jumped" off the screen being Oliver/Felicity, Oliver/Diggle, and OTA.

It's eye-rollingly amusing to read (elsewhere) who's talking up a BS/O/F love triangle and wanting more of BS next season, because a love triangle and an evil twin are two of the most soap opera-y tropes ever. And yet Olicity gets blamed for "turning" the show into a soap opera.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 9

This weekend's comic cons (updated)...

Super Heroes Con III, June 3-4, 2017 (Paris, France)
David Ramsey, Manu Bennett and Michael Rowe (also Caity Lotz, Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell and Rick Cosnett)
http://www.people-convention.com/en/pages/next-events/super-heroes-con.html
Show Info (one Q&A panel per guest, but panel schedule not posted)

Starfury: The Ultimates, June 2-4, 2017 (Blackpool, UK)
Willa Holland and Paul Blackthorne (also Danielle Panabaker)
http://starfury.co.uk/events/ultimates/index.html
Weekend Schedule Info (panel days/times per guest not listed)

Collectormania 24 - Film & Comic Con Birmingham, June 3-4, 2017 (UK)
John Barrowman (also Carlos Valdes, Dean Cain and Helen Slater)
http://www.collectormania.com/birmingham/index.php/allguests
Schedule (JB's panel on Sat. at 3:55pm, CV panel on Sun. at 1:50pm)

Now we know why MB has suddenly changed his tune about Arrow. I wonder what makes him think that a Deathstroke spinoff is even a possibility. 

After his behavior the last 2 years, he can go kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 13

Haha, I find MB's tweets about a Deathstroke spin-off a bit desperate tbh. I'm cringing. 

7 minutes ago, tv echo said:

At HVFF-Chicago on Mar. 25, 2017, SA said:  “James Bamford, the fight coordinator, is now not only a director, but is essentially moving into a producer/director role starting next year. It’s something we’ve never had on the show before, and I think it’s going to be incredibly valuable.” IIRC, Bamford got some congratulatory tweets after that.

ETA: I didn't consider this info that spoilery, so I didn't use spoiler tags.

What does esentially even mean here? Either he gets producing credit or he doesn't. Is there a third option?

• Love 1

My understanding is it's just a title, something handed to him as a pat on the back. Arrow actually has dozens of Producers, but only a small handful matter.

• Love 1

Anyone know how come SA is not a producer?

Tea Leoni is listed as producer on Madam Secretary and I'm sure Juliana Margulies was a producer on the Good Wife. Don't the leads normally get to be a producer at least in the later seasons?

(edited)

Hmm, yeah season six does seem to be the year they throw the lead a producer credit.   When did Tom Welling get his?  Eta: he didn't get his credit until season 8/9 it looks like according to Wikipedia. 

Maybe Stephen doesn't want one so he can avoid getting roped in for the flak that the producers get for being morons. 

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Anyone know how come SA is not a producer?

Tea Leoni is listed as producer on Madam Secretary and I'm sure Juliana Margulies was a producer on the Good Wife. Don't the leads normally get to be a producer at least in the later seasons?

It'll probably come up in renegotiation if he wants it and, if he decides to sign on past S7.  It's basically a way to compensate salary while not adding to the cast budget.  For some actors like Tom Welling, who was starting his own production company, it's a good move.  IIRC he got the title with his S9/10 contract and, that coincided with selling Wild Cats to the CW.  For others, like Jensen/Jared they seem more interested in negotiating for less filming time.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
(edited)

I went looking for video of DR's Super Heroes Con 3 panel and found this instead. I completely missed this con when I was compiling my list of 2017 comic cons - DR was a guest at Harrisburg Comic-Con on May 20 (it's sometimes difficult to tell if DR is giving a spoiler or just speculating/hoping, so I've used spoiler tags when unsure, just to be safe)...

David Ramsey Panel @ Harrisburg Comic Con / Saturday May 20th, 2017
Published on May 29, 2017, by Next Level Radio

-- DR said that, if it was up to the "powers that be" (the "executives"), they'd be doing three or four crossovers each year "because they really like them" (because of the viewership ratings). He said that he wants their next crossover to be "grittier", although aliens are "cute." He said that Arrow's always been "a little more gritty, a little more street, which I've always liked about it." He wouldn't mind seeing "a little more grit" in the 4-show crossover.

-- They talked about Black Lightning not being part of the Arrowverse. DR noted that they once said that two cities would never be mentioned in the Arrowverse, so things change. He hopes that Black Lightning will eventually become part of the Arrowverse.

-- DR: "Who is Diggle's doppelganger?!" 

-- DR: "First of all, was Diggle hatched? Does he have parents? I mean, these are the things I wonder about... I mean, you've seen parents from everyone except Diggle. How did Diggle come to be? I don't know."

-- On Diggle's parents, DR: "I pitched, along with James Bamford, who is a wonderful director on our show and stunt coordinator, and

Spoiler

who'll be doing more work on the show next year - he's just brilliant. We pitched Carl Weathers for Diggle's father. Wouldn't that be great? I mean, I don't know if it would work. Carl's doing what he's doing now. He has a huge resurgence in his career. Um, but it'd be nice to get Carl Weathers. Apollo Creed as Diggle's father." DR added: "I think there's been some discussion about Carl Weathers as finally a parent for John Diggle."

-- On who he would cast as Diggle's mother, DR: "Um, I don't know. Lynda Carter. (Laughs) I'm in love with Lynda Carter, oh my god. Um, you guys are going to totally print that now, I know... Um, speaking of Lynda Carter, I didn't think anyone was going to touch Wonder Woman, but Gal Gadot - ... (Interviewer hopes the movie is good) That's the one I'm looking forward to seeing. Like, Gal - she burns the screen, man." He then said that in Batman v. Superman, every time Gal came on the screen, "it was like 'wow'". So he's really looking forward to seeing Wonder Woman. DR finally responded to the question and said he didn't know who he would cast as Diggle's mother.

-- (The S5 finale hadn't aired yet as of the time of this panel.) DR: "There was a big discussion about the finale and the fact that we would go to the island and do some big things on the island. And, uh, Stephen actually, um, really went to bat for Manu Bennett really being back on the show... Yeah, because you really can't touch the island in the way we do without there being some real presence of Manu. And Manu - for me, personally, our second season was our strongest. And, um, that had a lot to do with Manu. And, um, I just think he's brilliant as Deathstroke. And he does an incredible job... He just jumps right back into it... It was just great to have him back. And that was in no small part, you know, thanks to Stephen for making that happen."

-- DR talked about how the island flashbacks will be over next season and wondered how they will fill up those 7 or 8 minutes going forward. Interviewer said that he would love to see flashbacks of some of the other characters, such as Rene, who is one of the interviewer's favorite characters, to see their past "before this five-year journey." 

-- DR said that he thought the whole Diggle/Lyla and ARGUS story was "untapped" and needed to be explored.

-- DR said that The Flash is just "funnier in general" and "brighter" and "cute". They talked about Diggle's reactions to metahumans like the Flash and Supergirl. When asked about Diggle's attitude toward metahumans, DR said that metahumans are just "out of [Diggle's] wheelhouse." For that reason, he thought it would be interesting if Diggle's doppelganger turned out to be a metahuman. Interviewer suggested that it would be great if Diggle's doppelganger was a member of the Green Lantern Corps.

-- DR: "Diggle is - you know, he's the most, kind of, I think, accessible, you know, of the core. Felicity's one of the - you know, I've said this before - one of the top three smartest people on the planet. Arrow - one of the top two fighters on the planet. And, um, you know, you can go down the line. Diggle - I think, he's just a guy from the neighborhood that joined the military, went into personal service, and, um, decided to, you know, help his community. And met this guy, Oliver, along the way. So I think he's really kind of a normal, normal guy. So when he sees things like metahumans, it's really out of his wheelhouse."

-- DR then talked about when everyone was speculating that Diggle was John Stewart/Green Lantern, but that was debunked by DC. He was disappointed at the time, but now his character is an original character in the comics.

-- DR said that they'll explore

Spoiler

more of what the Spartan helmet can do in S6.

-- Interviewer said that he recognized DR from Con Air and Three to Tango. DR said that he was also in A Very Brady Sequel, Pay It Forward and The Nutty Professor. Those were small bit roles, but he got to work with Eddie Murphy, Helen Hunt, Kevin Spacey. He was a journeyman actor for a while, jumping around different TV shows. It was his role in Blue Bloods that got Greg Berlanti's attention. But DR stressed that "no one knew, no one thought it was going to blow up like this." DR said that all these other Berlanti DC superhero shows came out of the success of Arrow, "without a doubt."

-- Fan asked if Cheetah (ARGUS prisoner) will appear in S6. DR said that it was part of that whole story potential of Lyla being the new Amanda Waller, ARGUS and ARGUS prisoners that needs to be explored. DR thought that

Spoiler

we'll see some of the ARGUS prisoners being integrated into the story in S6, not necessarily Cheetah and not necessarily the Suicide Squad, but he didn't know how yet.

-- On whether they already have a good idea of how things will progress in S6, DR: "It's just been suggestions. Me and Stephen came up with some stuff, you know, in terms of what happens, you know, between him and Diggle. They get married and Felicity gets jealous. (Audience laughs) But, besides that, it's the only thing we came up with."

-- When asked about characters' signature weapons on the show, DR said that they need to get more specific about ammunition because Diggle, next to Felicity, has been the biggest proponent of Oliver not killing. But Diggle shoots someone every week. So they need to be more specific about his non-lethal ammunition. So DR said that Diggle does have a signature weapon but it hasn't been sufficiently explored.

-- When asked about a DC character that he wants on the show, DR said: "Bruce Wayne." He wants to see Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne coming on the show and fighting Oliver Queen. He just wants to know where Bruce Wayne is and how old he is in the current Arrowverse. He noted that, in the beginning, they said that Superman and Metropolis would never be mentioned, but now we've seen Superman. He also speculated that maybe Flashpoint could result in Batman maybe being not Bruce Wayne but his father.  Interviewer mentioned that E2 Oliver's father became Green Arrow.

-- Fan asked how he felt about SA being on American Ninja Warrior when DR is "more ripped than him." DR responded that he would've loved to do it, but they only had one person from each show. DR then talked about first meeting SA and how ripped SA was, and he was thinking that he was playing his bodyguard. So he had to get himself more ripped than SA. They have a healthy competition.

-- At fan's request, DR sang 'Happy Birthday' to fan's girlfriend, Monique.

-- Fan mentioned that Arrow was moving to Thursdays at 9, opposite This Is Us, and after Supernatural. DR didn't know about this change and asked if it was nationwide. When told it was, DR (using Oliver's growly voice): "Dammit, Oliver." Another fan said, "it's Barry's fault." DR (using Oliver's growly voice): "Dammit, Barry." DR then said that he could only hope that part of the executive decision was to make Arrow more gritty and grounded. 

-- Interviewer mentioned that fans sometimes complain that Arrow gets too dark. DR said that you can't please everyone. He then said that he thought fans preferred Arrow to be darker. He mentioned the beginning of S4 when Oliver was all cheery and happy with Felicity in their home life, and fans were "boo"-ing that. However, DR added: "Though I do think that they [Oliver and Felicity] need to get their act together. I think we have to kind of - yeah, I think we have to kind of make a decision on that one, you know. (Audience clapped. Interviewer interjected, "They're like the Ross and Rachel of Arrow.") Yeah, yeah. I think they should, you know, be like John and Lyla. They're together and no one makes a big fuss out of it. And that's just that. Go on and get on with your lives." 

-- Fan asked if he ever imagined anything in CGI that looked a million times better when he saw the final cut on screen. DR replied: "King Shark." He said that they had to act opposite a long pole with a tennis ball on the end and that was King Shark.

-- Fan asked if they'll take Lyla down a dark road and force Diggle to choose between his affection and love for his wife and his obligation to Oliver. DR: "You just wrote a six-episode arc in Season 6. Thank you very much... That's a great question. That's a great story. My short answer is

Spoiler

'yes' because we've already talked about that. That's clearly where much of the story's going to be going in Season 6 because we already touched on that in Season 5. Um, how much we want to explore it is the question. Um, I don't know if Amanda - if Lyla will become Amanda Waller - if she'll go that road, go that dark. And, you know, Diggle is one to talk. You know, it's not like he's not a vigilante. I mean, he is. So it's - but he has his own code and his own sense of righteousness. But I think you'll see the family quarrel first. And, um, I don't know if they'll take it as far as him having to decide between Oliver and Lyla, but I - I think we'll see some of that element. It's a 26 - 23, I'm sorry - show season. So we're going to touch on that for sure in Season 6."

-- DR said that he didn't know if SA will do WWE again because it's "really political."

-- Interviewer mentioned a Supernatural episode where the characters found themselves in another reality where they were themselves, the actors, playing the characters.  So he asked what if Arrow had an episode where Diggle meets David Ramsey. DR said, if that happened, David Ramsey would be wondering why John Diggle stayed with Oliver for so long. DR: "'He kidnapped your wife? Your friend's best friend changed your daughter into a son? You've been shot three times? Poisoned once?' I think he would say that 'you should pick your friends a litle better, John Diggle.' I don't know if David Ramsey would get it. Because John is just - he's a much better guy than I am."

-- Fan asked that, if he were to gain a superpower, what would it be. DR: "Well, it would be speed, but someone has that already. Um, so it would probably be Xavier's power, so I can stop Oliver Queen from doing dumb things."

-- Fan asked if he's ever seen any of the Marvel shows and, if so, which was his favorite. DR: "Oh boy. Oh, Iron First, oh, Iron Fist. Wherefore art my Iron Fist? Um, I had high hopes for Iron Fist. Um. Still do. Looking forward to The Defenders... Well, I like Luke Cage... I would've loved to have seen a - and I love the show and I love the guy who portrayed a major villain - I'd love to see a better villain for Luke Cage... It's clearly Daredevil. It's clearly Daredevil. I think, um - there's a stairwell scene in Daredevil - he fights these goons down the stairs. There's another Daredevil scene of him in a hallway where the camera just doesn't stop, it just stays there. It's just like, oh my god, it's really, really well done. I like the fighting in Daredevil. I also like the stories in Daredevil. I think he's tortured and self-righteous and, um - and just a really good vigilante. So I'm curious to see how they form that alliance of the Defenders. For for me, it's Daredevil." DR added that he still wants to see Moon Knight because that's his favorite Marvel character. So he said that Daredevil was his favorite Marvel character on television. He then said that he thought Mark Ruffalo deserved his own standalone Hulk movie because he "just has Bruce Banner."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
(edited)

Next Level Interview w/ David Ramsey @ Harrisburg Comic Con 2017
Published on May 29, 2017, by Next Level Radio

-- DR said that he answers to "Diggle." He said that he walked around the con and people call out "Diggle!" 

-- DR said that he enjoys both large cons and small cons. He said that he gets a better chance to "connect" with fans at smaller cons, although there are more events at larger cons.

-- On what's coming next for Diggle, DR:

Spoiler

"You know, I think there's going to be some conflict between Diggle and Lyla. Lyla's his wife, who's the leader of ARGUS, has her finger on the pulse of the Suicide Squad. So we have to explore some of that. We already talked a little bit about that in Season 5. So I think in Season 6 and coming seasons come up, I think that's just ripe, right? He lives with the new Amanda Waller. He lives with her. So, um, I think that's just built-in conflict. And, um, just what happens with those criminals from ARGUS - um, I think that's just built-in story. So, we'll be exploring that. And we also have Katie Cassidy coming back as Black Siren. That will cause a great amount of conflict. And we got to see what happens with Oliver and Felicity. Clearly."  Interviewer: "Olicity. As everyone likes to call it."

-- On who watches Baby Diggle when Lyla's doing ARGUS stuff and Diggle's doing Team Arrow stuff, DR: "Baby Diggle is self-sufficient. I don't know... Obviously, we've had - hinted and even had a few lines in the past that there's someone from ARGUS taking care of Baby Sara at the time... Well, you know, ARGUS has its own little daycare. Clearly... But, you know, there's some things we can be a little clearer about. Like that. The non-lethals that Diggle's using... Diggle has really been the major component, next to Felicity, of trying to steer Oliver in a non-lethal way. Right? Since Season 1. But Diggle shoots someone every week. So we just have to be a little clearer that Diggle's using non-lethal weapons. And I think that's part of what we have to get into as well. That, and who's taking care of Baby John now... From Flashpoint."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

It sounds like he wants Deathstroke to be like The Punisher? 

I wonder if anybody told Manu that WB is launching its own digital platform and they doing a Teen Titans live-action series. I would guess DS might show up there. 

• Love 1

Portions of JB's panel at Collectormani 24 (Birmingham, UK) on June 3 - nothing about Arrow in these vids...

John Barrowman's talk at Collectormania 24 - start of
Published on Jun 4, 2017, by Paul Buckton

John Barrowman's talk at collectormania 24 partial
Published on Jun 4, 2017, by Paul Buckton

(edited)
5 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That's who Deathstroke is, he's Deathstroke the Terminator.

I thought Deathstroke was a straight up villain not an ultra violent "anti-hero" like The Punisher. For some reason, I get the impression he was talking about Deathstroke being more an anti-hero. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1

In case anyone is wondering, Arrow's S5 original television soundtrack will probably be released sometime in September (if past seasons are any guide)...

Arrow: Season 1 (Original Television Soundtrack)
Blake Neely - Released: Sep. 17, 2013
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/arrow-season-1-original-television-soundtrack/id685648107

Arrow: Season 2 (Original Television Soundtrack)
Blake Neely - Released: Sep. 16, 2014
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/arrow-season-2-original-television-soundtrack/id918700555

Arrow: Season 3 (Original Television Soundtrack)
Blake Neely - Released: Nov. 15, 2015
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/arrow-season-3-original-television-soundtrack/id1055494571

Arrow: Season 4 (Original Television Soundtrack)
Blake Neely - Released: Sep. 30, 2016
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/arrow-season-4-original-television-soundtrack/id1159826247

Congrats to Katie and her now fiance! Even from the angle of that photo, her ring does look pretty. Either way, she seems happy so good for her!

1 hour ago, strikera0 said:

Good luck to them both, but the news is kind of surprising. How long have they been dating?

I looked it up because I was curious. It doesn't say exactly when, but she was dating a different guy as recently as early 2016, so her and Matt have been dating for probably a few months. Which is totally fine, I think. Sometimes, people have to date quite a few people before finding that serious relationship, and if you just know, then you know. I really hope that she's happy and things work out. I don't pay attention to her or her love life, and I can't know what their relationship is like, but I do wish the best for her. 

• Love 3

Its been more than a few months. I'm assuming they started dating between August (training with Trainer) and November (cozy photo with now finance) of last year. But I agree, its the person/relationship that matters.

I'm curious if she is going to work that huge ring onto BS hand. 

(edited)

And here's video of when DR and MR talked about OTA at Super Heroes Con III (posted by 8Demure)...

DR: "1, 2, 3."
Fans: "Original Team Arrow!"
MR: "Never been in the lair. Never been on the team. I never really got along with any of them. It's kind of my job not to know what that is."
DR: "Um. I - I - there was a moment where, you know, they're all - near the end of Season, I think, 4 - and we're all at a table outside and we all (lifts up hand like he's holding a cup) cheered. And, I think, Felicity called us 'Original Team Arrow' and we're like, 'no, we don't like that name.' That was a nice moment for us. Um, and I like the scene where we're all kinda hanging onto each other in the elevator shaft. That was a nice [unintelligible words - I couldn't hear DR because of the audience clapping and going 'yeah']. Um, so, you know, I think - hopefully, we get into more of that. I think we need to get into a little more OTA next season. That'd be nice."
MR: "Let me tell you about - what my favorite OTA moment is. (DR laughs) I kinda created - as Floyd - I kinda created Team Arrow in a way. He shot this guy with the poisonous arrows - danger, way stronger. He shot the laptop that he [meaning Diggle], then Oliver brought to Felicity. And so, it all happened around Floyd Lawton. So -"
DR: "Actually, we do have Floyd Lawton to thank for creating OTA." (Audience cheers and claps)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Chaser said:

Its been more than a few months. I'm assuming they started dating between August (training with Trainer) and November (cozy photo with now finance) of last year. But I agree, its the person/relationship that matters.

She was at FanExpo in September and she was still very much with the trainer when I saw them then. Must have started dating her fiance soon after...

18 hours ago, leopardprint said:

I thought Deathstroke was a straight up villain not an ultra violent "anti-hero" like The Punisher. For some reason, I get the impression he was talking about Deathstroke being more an anti-hero. 

He's been both in the comics.

2 hours ago, lemotomato said:

I could've sworn she was at Salt Lake City Comic Con last year (also in September) and she acknowledged the trainer sitting in the audience during her panel.

I believe that was when she was at Fan Expo in Toronto. I think her and this guy got together around October.

Congrats to her, she does seem really happy judging by her Instagram.  Also, I am so jealous of all the amazing vacations she goes on.  

EBR has gone more radio silent on social media.  I miss her wacky posts.  :-( 

• Love 5