Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I'm pretty sure SA said that his wife wouldn't ever be on Arrow. I don't know if it's because he doesn't believe in getting his family jobs or because she's not great at acting. After watching some of her stuff I'd say either is possible. 

• Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

tumblr_o2q6nfaAhF1rge6ixo2_500.gif

I loved her hair like that. As much as I appreciate the ponytail being Felicity's "look" I really wish they'd style it other ways now. Her hair is just too short.

Also, why does SA always look like a Ken doll when he's posing for pictures on his own? LMAO.

Edited by Guest

SA's suit jacket looks like it's too tight, it's pulling in all the pictures.  If he put on more muscle since he got it, I know a good tailor who could adjust it for him.

4 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I think it depends on the fanbase. Arrow has a very vocal fanbase, especially if they even brought her in for a 1 episode love interest for Oliver, they would probably rip her to shreds. 

Anyone who came in as a love interest for Oliver would get savaged.  Jacinda Barrett had a tough enough time on Suits and I think she's a much better actress than Cassandra.  Francesca Buller worked on Farscape not because she was the lead's wife but because she did such a good job of acting.

No offense to Cassandra but I think her acting skills are at good high school level and she would be savaged in even a walk-on role.

Jacinda Barrett had a tough enough time on Suits and I think she's a much better actress than Cassandra. 

She got hate? I didnt know that and i follow the Suits fandom.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I loved her hair like that. As much as I appreciate the ponytail being Felicity's "look" I really wish they'd style it other ways now. Her hair is just too short.

I completely agree.   If her hair was still as long as it was in season two, I wouldn't mind the ponytail.  But it's just too short now.  I love it when it's down, or styled like it is here.  But I'm just completely over the short tight ponytail.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

The ponytail was her signature in the beginning but just as Felicity is now more than the IT girl she was, her hairstyle needs to move on from the ponytail all the time. Or at least switch it up more, especially is she's going to start her own company (I hope) or even just get PT back.

55 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

She got hate? I didnt know that and i follow the Suits fandom.

She didn't get hate  hate like Scottie did, more frustration at yet another pointless interim love interest for Harvey.

• Love 1

They rarely had her in a ponytail when she was an EA/VP/CEO.  I like to think of her pony like the sister from Lemony Snicket's who pulls back her hair when she invents: "Anyone who knew Violet well could tell she was thinking hard, because her long hair was tied up in a ribbon to keep it out of her eyes. Violet had a real knack for inventing and building strange devices, so her brain was often filled with images of pulleys, levers, and gears, and she never wanted to be distracted by something as trivial as her hair."  So I don't mind the continued ponytail, but agree that it looks better with longer hair.

• Love 4

I actually seem to recall that she wore a ponytail a lot as CEO. That first meeting after Oliver gave her the fern, the firings, the presentation of Curtis' battery when Noah showed up, the bee episode...

trying to get back on track of the topic, here's a pic of EBR and EK hanging out with people.

tumblr_o6utc8RBbW1tnzpmso1_1280.jpg

• Love 2

Stephen's wife should find a different profession to dabble in because modeling or acting aren't her forte. I hated her character on OTH and her one time stint on HOD. 

And I have nothing against SO's or friends of actors making guest appearances on a show as long as they're good actors. Emily's friend was terrible as well. 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Stephen's wife should find a different profession to dabble in because modeling or acting aren't her forte. I hated her character on OTH and her one time stint on HOD. 

And I have nothing against SO's or friends of actors making guest appearances on a show as long as they're good actors. Emily's friend was terrible as well. 

I didn't think her friend was terrible but I did think they'd written a really weird role.  The one time random character that is supposed to tug on emotions is not something Arrow does well.  I had the same reaction to the very upset ex husband that demanded justice for his wife (which led to Rene seeing Zoe).  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Which episode/character are you guys talking about? 

The woman who got fired when Felicity actively took over as CEO of Palmer Tech. Also Curtis' first episode. Probably 402.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, bijoux said:

The woman who got fired when Felicity actively took over as CEO of Palmer Tech. Also Curtis' first episode. Probably 402.

Yeah, she's the one that said something about everyone finding hope when she was announced CEO because they had faith she'd fix things or something.  She's the reason that Felicity undid all her firings and lied about some stunning new tech that would turn everything around for Palmer Tech that she'd announce in three months.  (And then told Curtis to come up with something.  He made a magic battery)

• Love 2
(edited)

That episode of Friends where Brad Pitt played Ross and Monica's formerly fat friend who hated Rachel made good use of stunt casting a spouse. (Of course that is Brad Pitt so...)

IMG_3018.GIF.8dce275c9a89fc4eaf0390feee5dbbdc.GIF

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 14
(edited)

SA facebook video on May 8 - it's his 36th birthday, mentions F**K Cancer event at HVFF-London, and thanks Kentucky Derby...

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Media report on JB's appearance at Wizard World Minneapolis this weekend...

John Barrowman 
John Barrowman was in his usual fine form this weekend, rocking the line between heroic bad-ass and fabulous showstopper, taking the stage in a swingy summertime dress, and eventually changing into pants and a tee while warning the crowd that he had granny painties on (“I don’t want to be fabulous, I want to be comfortable”). He also (jokingly) threatened to beat up a snarky kid, frequently paused to have giggle fits, and belted out Christina Perri’s “A Thousand Years” -- he had his own backing track prepared and waiting -- when requested by a fan. 

Fun fact: Barrowman spent time in Minnesota growing up, as he has some family from here. He claimed he knew he was gay when he spent an entire weekend wandering through the skyway system trying to purchase just the right pair of clogs.

http://www.citypages.com/arts/peter-capaldi-charlie-sheen-john-barrowman-hilarious-insights-from-comiccon-panels/421623854

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Soulfire said:

In case anyone wants to help contribute to science --

I'm always up for contributing to science. Fuck yeah Science! It's truly important. 

(edited)

SA and EBR were like "okay that's cool, but I think we're going to  do this."

I preferred the "Chining and Upping" to the "Salmoning".

I need to see EBR do the ladder. Someone pack it for HVFF.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 18

I love the scene we got, but I wish they'd let her do a rung of the salmon ladder. It still would have fit in the scene we got (she realizes she's too high up, Oliver lifts her down) 

The scene we got was so much better! It was more true to character imo. "Chinning and Upping" was the cutest TV moment ever!"

Does  that mean the sex scene is more up to the director since there wasn't that much information or instructions to it?

• Love 1

I'd love to see EBR doing the ladder (and I love that they had to know she could before writing that scene) but yeah, Felicity NOT being able to do a chin up was far more in character.  SA, EBR and the director really created something wonderful.  (The writers helped a little)

• Love 12

MG's latest batch of non-spoilery answers from Tumblr:

fitprincesslove asked:

Can u please inform the felicity Haters that she did NOT cheat on Billy with Oliver! Curtis never would've initiated anything between them if she was dating him at the time.

Felicity was not dating Billy when she slept with Oliver.

Shocker.

heroesofdarkness asked:

Out of the current episodes of Arrow Season 5, which one was favorite and why?

It’s usually the most recent episode, but 508 (the 100th episode) is near and dear to my heart.

molly2910 asked:

Hi Marc, I'm an Olicity fan about to be yelled out for asking a Laurel question. Here goes; Have you at any point gone 'crap we should have had Katie in the Black Siren outfit from the start'. Because its awesome. Your costume designer deserves and award for her costume design.

Maya is AMAZING.  I like to tease her because she’s had to do so many iterations of the “Canary” costume.  And each one is better than the last.

molly2910 asked:

Good morning Marc, thank you for answering my questions. I loved Wiseguy too and have noticed you drop wiseguy into the script every now and then. My question; how much of an average script gets cut from the episode? I curious to know how much gets filmed vs how much ends on the cutting room floor?

Generally speaking, our sweet spot is to get a cut that is 5-7 minutes over.  That gives us material to work with.

minny28 asked:

Why did Oliver goes to the ARGUS and not in a normal hospital like all the other characters?

Because he’s the mayor of Star City and him showing up at Starling General would raise too many questions.

forgetabouttheory asked:

If you could pick a name for Olicity's first kid...

If it’s a boy, I don’t see how it could be anything other than Robert.  If a girl, Moira.  But that would be true no matter who Oliver had a child with.

There's another reason for them not to have a kid on the show.

He also posted script pages of Laurel's last scene in 508 for those interested.

tumblr_inline_oppxzxvIME1rac8qx_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_oppy074C7c1rac8qx_1280.jpg

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't know? I think he did; I just remember it being melodramatic not to mention painfully awkward and wooden line delivery from Katie considering he knew by that stage it was an Alien computer tech generated delusions and not actually Laurel so he probably didn't need to actually say goodbye to her.

I don't think they did the "Oliver looks back at the life he could have had" moment though. From memory it was Oliver giving the it's not you its me speech to Laurel, then he runs off and they show Laurel left there crying. 

Edited by LeighAn
(edited)

He said "I love you" like he would have said it to Sara or Thea if they were in her place*..she was an important part of his life before the Gambit and I think at the time he loved her the best he knew how but he never loved her enough to commit to her, be faithful, put her needs above his own..it's sad that he found a person he could love like that while she was stuck in the past.

If they wanted to give her a bigger importance to him in the crossover they should have made him go look for fake Laurel to say goodbye at least, like he did to his fake parents, instead they made her run after him while he was leaving with her sister..the irony..

*and by this I mean if they got killed and he was seeing and talking to a version of one of them for the last time and got a chance to say goodbye 

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 5

Well, there really IS a first time for everything. I went looking for that scene on Youtube. The 'I love' you is there. Other stuff I noticed is that Oliver looked so much better then, like he was more rested and his hair is about half a foot shorter. Also, when Laurel is chanting Ollie and Sara, she sounds like there's a malfunction.

1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

The big 100 actually made me yearn for a Lauriver relationship done right. KC/SA had great chemistry in the episode. 

Meh I'm going to say a big pass on that. The only difference between the 100 and the Lauriver of the past is that Stephen put a little more effort in to their scenes but Katies acting was still wooden her "What going on?" crying scenes with Oliver and Sara were really not that great acting wise and their romantic scenes were okay but nothing special and dont match the chemistry between Stephen and Emily in scenes. 

• Love 10
(edited)
17 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

It's a shame he still treated her like dirt even in a world manipulated to be "right."

It wouldn't be Oliver if he didn't treat a girlfriend like dirt.

Edited by Primal Slayer
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I didn't see any good chemistry just SA not having stank face for once. 

Compare that to the way he looks at Felicity in every flashback scene in 520.......

Pretty much. 

I doubt think the script would reveal anything but I am curious as to what the instructions were for season 2 when Dig and Felicity went to find Oliver to give him a pep talk.

He kept staring at Felicity like he was going to snog her any minute for the entire scene. Like he was thinking about it while she was talking to him. Nothing happened but that's one of my "up there" Olicity scenes. 

• Love 3

Bringing it back to the script pages I have to say I find it very amusing/sweet how Stephens scenes with others are so by the book, but his scenes with Emily are more adlibbed  and try something different- usually better- then what's on the page.

1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

He kept staring at Felicity like he was going to snog her any minute for the entire scene. Like he was thinking about it while she was talking to him. Nothing happened but that's one of my "up there" Olicity scenes. 

I think that would have been intentionally written since they were setting up/building too the reveal that Oliver loves Felicity, but you never know with Stephen and Emily. 

I mean it's funny looking at the season 2 script pages that were released the other week how intentional the writing was at establishing Olicitys burgeoning romance/feelings in the script notes.

Especially in hindsight when some believed/argued that they were non exsistent or came out of no where in season 3.  

• Love 9
(edited)

One of the main reasons I disliked the 100th was because of Lauriver. The 100th was about what could have been if none of the stuff they've been through had happened. Well, it did happen. Nothing will change their history so they'd never have that kind of relationship.

As for that 520 script - HOLY CRAP. They basically ad-libbed the whole scene, even the cute stuff where he says "You did half a chin up." Ugh. They're just so damn good together. Why do they mess with it?!

Edited by Guest