Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I've stopped following official Arrow social media. However, I haven't stopped following most of the Arrow fans I've picked up through the years. Too much work to do it, plus it's nice to keep the pulse of Arrow fans. And I've got to admit, it is kinda fun to watch the fandom go off on tangents, speculative craziness and serious spoiler/speculation overdrive. Especially, as someone who has stopped looking for spoilers or truly analyzing them. That being said, the fans have hit a fever pitch with 520 - I do find the hysteria & theories that I see bleeding into me Twitter feed rather amusing. It's meltdowns of all kinds.

I wonder what the over & under would be on the show releasing a similar 520 clip to the 320 one that literally almost broke the social media in the fandom. I remember that day a few years ago. That was some serious Fandemonium.

Sidenote -I'm glad though that I am missing out of the fandom going after each other. I never find those battles to be beneficial or nice to anyone. I occasionally see some of it, but luckily Twitter has a lot on it that can bury some of that. I haven't ventured to Tumblr in several months, but what I hear is sad.

13 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Oooh is that a possibility or is the show too small fry for them to do a huge expose on it?

We could always hope for a Lifetime movie... Although I don't think Arrow is the pop-culture Juggernaut that Saved by the Bell or other shows they have done. Plus is the BTS stuff actually juicy enough for an expose? A lot of it seems like standard Hollywood BTS drama. So honestly, I think E & Lifetime are both probably out. I guess we would have to hope for one of the stars to hit it big or tragic and that might get us the expose or an in-depth interview.

Although, if SA ever signs that book deal he talked about awhile back who knows what that will reveal. A book from KC would probably also reveal stuff, although I think SA is more likely to get an actual offer.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sunshine said:

https://twitter.com/aud_anderson/status/838805966527291395

Was somebody trying to style Juliana like Katie Cassidy?

Seriously though.  I looked at pics of JH before the show and I did NOT see a likeness but I swear now I can't NOT see it.  

36 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I've been reading snippets on Dinah Drake and now I wonder if they deliberately killed Laurel and put in a version of BC that didn't hook up with Oliver Queen in the Comics. My comics knowledge is non existent but  all the things I read film Google seem to indicate she's not the version that hooks up with OQ.

Hey, maybe they can make it that Oliver and Felicity have a son named Oliver Queen II and then DD's daughter (named in honor of her predecessor) can get together.  Comic Canon RESOLVED!

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Hey, maybe they can make it that Oliver and Felicity have a son named Oliver Queen II and then DD's daughter (named in honor of her predecessor) can get together.  Comic Canon RESOLVED!

Also another way to keep Arrow on the CW. I've always hypothesized that they could go time-jump and bring in a new Arrow generation once the cast has aged out of the CW demo. Personally if the series goes beyond s7 (esp if it wants to aim for s10), I see that as a likely choice. Since a middle-aged OQ/SA can only do so much crime fighting on a weekly basis.

(edited)
13 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

"Maybe if we make her look like Katie, the people who want Laurel back will get really confused and accept things and move on"

Well it worked for many of those parading about LL coming back, the moment they gave her the name Dinah.

Edited by theOAfc
  • Love 1
(edited)
36 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I want Thomas to be my trainer. Mine is much more...aggressive. 

The one, brief, moment in time I had a trainer, she was the best. Patient, encouraging, but also didn't let me slack off. Then she retired from training and the guy who replaced her was adequate. I wish my employer paid for me to work out. 

ETA: Damn, those two are in good shape. That is all. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Lots of getting into shape for the nakedness ;)

The sensible thing is to assume these videos are promoting the gym.

But I'm not sensible so obviously these videos are released to promote the nakedness!!!!!!!!

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Not that he wasn't already good looking before, but that stubble makes JS 100% hotter.

The first time I'd heard/seen of JS was at the Tony Awards, and I was all, Hellooo Nurse! Then he showed up without the beard, and my attraction dropped a good 50%. LOL.

Skip to 2:30 for some sexiness.

• Love 3

That's Chase??? Why don't we get that hotness... And yet another Arrow actor with singing talent that is being wasted. And those dance moves ;) Seriously, that guy was so hot on the Tonys, I remember that performance.

• Love 1
(edited)

My abs hurt watching that. I really really want to see her do the salmon ladder now. 

I love that some higher power heard my request for Arrow doing all their PR via videos of the cast working out. They must be the fittest group on the network.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I love that some higher power heard my request for Arrow doing all their PR via videos of the cast working out. They must be the fittest group on the network.

Yes, I would also like more of Josh Segarra in the background of videos saying, "'bout to get swole? 'bout to get swole?" LOL

• Love 4

I have no idea why this popped into my head, but for some reason it just made me think, hey, at least you know it's not a Castle situation, where the leads can barely tolerate each other.  (Still a little sad/bitter)

• Love 16
3 hours ago, wonderwall said:

No one in the core cast hang out as much lol (except maybe Emily/Willa)

EBR and Colton probably hung out more when he was still on the show. At least that was my impression. But other than that, nope.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

The first time I'd heard/seen of JS was at the Tony Awards, and I was all, Hellooo Nurse! Then he showed up without the beard, and my attraction dropped a good 50%. LOL.

Skip to 2:30 for some sexiness.

He can sing, he can dance and he can grow a beard and did we see anything on Arrow? Nope. Talk about wasting shit ton of potential... why you hate us Guggie 

• Love 2
(edited)

Do you think there's any chance of redeeming Chase this season and keeping Josh Segarra as a regular next season? I know that he's killed and done bad things, but then, so has Oliver.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Redeeming and a regular spot, not really. But I can see them inserting him into what I think they had in mind with Slade, a nemesis that pops up here and there to be troublesome. Plus, they are saying that the Hood created Prometheus, much like Oliver's actions brought about Deathstroke, so that part fits the bill.

• Love 2
(edited)

It's up to 58 now, including Susan Williams. her PI and Andy Diggle (they forgot to count him).

It's interesting that of the first 18. most of them are dead. And then  s3, the still alive ones just keep piling up.

ETA: I forgot Dr. Schwartz and Talia. That makes 59, all but a dozen still alive.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
(edited)

That doesn't even take in to account pretty much the entire LOA, Talia, the prisoners present at DD's announcement, various and sundry HIVE folk (assuming any are still alive), plus Dr. Schwartz and some of her medical staff. And, all this is assuming no one gossips!

Edited by finnaire
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

It's up to 58 now, including Susan Williams. her PI and Andy Diggle (they forgot to count him).

It's interesting that of the first 18. most of them are dead. And then  s3, the still alive ones just keep piling up.

They counted him. The number jumped by 2 in that scene.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Well... Yikes lol

I don't think David Rappaport had anything to do with casting KC, so she wouldn't belong in that collage anyway. The network gave her the show. 

Whatever hand the network had in her casting, I think it did go through Rapaport Casting.  I remember something from where he was a guest at one of the HVFFs and he said something about his dad liking her.

Hmm, maybe. I just always heard that KC had a deal with the CW and they let her pick the show she wanted to star in. Combined with the fact that she didn't screen test with SA, I figured she didn't go through the usual casting procedure.

I don't think it was a traditional casting process but I think Rapport Casting would have still gotten credited for it somehow. Her name was probably at the top when she auditioned.