Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

Script pages of Oliver's vows --

C58ejv7WcAAAa6T.jpg

C58fB6QWUAAKddA.jpg

Entirely possible I put this in the wrong thread. If so, feel free to move it!

Awwwwweeee <3 Everybody elses ship could never

• Love 1

Well, that's a nice kick in the heart space. Can't believe we went from that to whatever the hell we have now. *Sniffles*

(edited)

Here's the 416 fake wedding scene as it actually aired...

Oliver: "Yes. Yeah. You look perfect." 
Officiant: "I'd like to assure you, I won't breathe a word of what goes on here to the press. Just thrilled to be part of your day." 
Felicity: "Can we get this over with? (Chuckles weakly) Can't wait to be married to this guy."
Officiant: "In that case, I know you've written your own vows. Felicity -"
Felicity: "The vows."
Oliver: "Yeah."
Felicity: "Okay, um... Oliver, you have many qualities - many astonishing qualities, and I for one cannot wait to move on to the next chapter."
Officiant:  "All right. Uh, Oliver?" 
Oliver: "Felicity, before I met you, I had a plan. I had a way that I was going to be. But then you walked into my life – or I showed up at your cubicle, and you changed everything. I was in the darkness, but with your kindness, your generosity, your compassion, your intelligence, your wit and your trust, you brought me into the light. You let me know that I deserved it. You were that light. And I don't know if I still deserve that trust, if I deserve you - I probably don't.  But whatever has happened, whatever will happen, the way that you make me feel is the best part of my life. (Takes out ring and puts it on her finger) You can ask me to say that I don't love you, but I will never lie to you again. You are my always, and I just want the chance to be yours." 
Felicity: "Oliver."
(Red arrows strikes ground at their feet.)
Carrie: "Hello, lovers."
Oliver (to Officiant): "Run."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I do like Stephen's version better. He said less but it meant more. I especially like him saying "and I just want the chance to be yours" instead of "I want to be yours" I feel like he's asking for permission rather than saying she should just be his.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

They didn't hurt the shippers and Felicity enough last night so let's release the meaningless vows and twist the knife in a bit more

It was a fan that posted the script pages. She won them or something, and wanted to share something nice with other fans because we've had to go through so much unpleasantness.

1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

It was a fan that posted the script pages. She won them or something, and wanted to share something nice with other fans because we've had to go through so much unpleasantness.

Ahh cool that's lovely then

I thought the bastards actually put it up today after yesterday's ep!

7 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

She actually asked for them a while ago and MG said OK and even offered to have it signed. 

• Love 1
Just now, wonderwall said:

She actually asked for them a while ago and MG said OK and even offered to have it signed. 

But they dont care about Olicity fans/shippers.

He can be a dick but that was nice of him.

• Love 11

wow that is nice of him...she's also a brazilian fan so he sent it all the way to brazil. Nice.

i just watched her video, she's adorable and was very excited about it. It's nice to see people happy about their fav things.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, tangerine95 said:

Yeah for me it wasn't ever really about will olicity get back together I honestly always throught they will and am pretty positive that they're not done with olicity at all. But the issue is I don't know if by the end of it I will even want my favorite character with Oliver and rn I really don't. I mean from the stupidity to the selfishness and hypocrisy he's displaying rn he doesn't really deserve her tbh. 

Feel your pain. Imagine what it feels like when your fav character was OQ....? Seriously, I'm not sure what I'm rooting for anymore. FS does deserve better. So does TQ and Dig. So do I. Heck even Reporter Chick deserves better, and I don't even like her :(

I honestly went to sleep thinking of some snarky #RipOliverQueen tweets, should it be used in a trend soon. It's miserable these days as an OQ fan.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

That video is so precious and pure. 

Someone needs to film that young girl as she watches post sexy times with Oliver and Susan. Maybe if the writers see the crushing pain of having all of her Olicity dreams trashed they would fix this disaster. I am not above playing dirty to get my show back. 

9 hours ago, Cleanqueen said:

I do like Stephen's version better. He said less but it meant more. I especially like him saying "and I just want the chance to be yours" instead of "I want to be yours" I feel like he's asking for permission rather than saying she should just be his.

What wins me over is this addition:  And I don't know if I still deserve that trust, if I deserve you.

It needed to be addressed.  Just wish we'd gotten more.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

What wins me over is this addition:  And I don't know if I still deserve that trust, if I deserve you.

It needed to be addressed.  Just wish we'd gotten more.

Me too. I can't believe he added that. And after watching his q&a, I feel like only he keeps mentioning that it was the lack of trust that broke them.  I haven't seen the writers or EP's mention that at all just that they regret how they ended their relationship.

• Love 1
(edited)

Some transcribed non-spoilery portions of SA's Mar. 2nd facebook live video (spoilery transcriptions have been posted on page 1397 of the Spoiler Discussion thread)...

-- On whether EBR is likely to remain the Sally Up Competition champion, SA: -- "Likely. Likely. I worked out with EmBett last week and she's a beast. The girl's a savage. She did a spin class before we worked out, which I assume was to emasculate me. And, um, she's incredibly good at supporting herself on her arms and locking it out so that it's more skeletal, as opposed to muscular. And for that reason, I believe that she will remain champion... I'm okay with it. I'm okay with it."

-- On how he feels personally about this season of Arrow so far, SA: "I feel really good. 15 episodes in. We have 8 or 9 to go. Uh, we just had our big reveal of our Big Bad last night. I'll save that spoiler for a little bit. Um, it's really, really difficult to comment on a season while you're in the middle of it because, um, it would be - I think, silly to judge it by anything other than the season in its entirety. Um, I will say that - from a working-on-it standpoint,  I have enjoyed this season as much if not more than any other season of the show that we've ever done, with the possible exception of Season 1 because everything was so fresh and so new. Um, the turnover that we've had in the crew. The people who have graduated into more senior positions and the new job that they have done. Uh, the new cast members that we have. And I think that we have the deepest cast that we've ever had at any point in the show. Um, I actually just got some news about that yesterday. (Laughs) Very cool stuff. And I - I'm extremely happy with the show thus far."

-- On whether having S6 excites him with all the possibilities for the show, SA: "Yes. Flashbacks take up time. By the way, not just my time, but story time that could be devoted to other things. Um, and there's a general sense of accomplishment that we set out with the idea of telling a five-year back story, which is a fairly audacious thing to do for a television show. And we got a chance to complete it... So I'm excited for Season 6, largely because I don't know what's going to happen."

-- On whether there's any difference between wearing the new GA suit and the old GA suit, SA: "The original one is more comfortable. The Season 5 one is more badass. Thankfully, though, when it came time to put the Season 1 suit back on, it still fit."

-- Per SA, tickets for HVFF-London in late May are sold out.

-- SA: "I would say that, uh, I've noticed, um, clashing factions of the fanbase - not so much more this year than last year - uh, but, um, I would that, you know, we do make the show for everybody. Right? There is no consideration given to a section of the fanbase because, in my mind, that basic conceit is ridiculous. There should be no sections of the fanbase. I don't want to, like, get into Barack Obama's quote, but we're not a collection of red states and blue states, we're the United States. We're not a collection of comic book lore and mythos of the show. We are a collection of Arrow fans. At least we should be. And that's how we make the show. Uh, that's how I speak when I speak about the show. That's how I react when I feel like someone has taken something out of context. And, um, that - that - that's it. We do our best for you. And we have a blast doing it. So if you're going to engage in the fandom of the show, I would encourage you to do it with a modicum of levity and positivity and not rose-colored glasses. It's okay to dislike things. But, um, you know, just think what you're going to accomplish if you want to be decidedly negative about something because I don't think it accomplishes anything. Right?"

Edited by tv echo
6 minutes ago, tv echo said:

-- On whether EBR is likely to remain the Sally Up Competition champion, SA: "Likely. Likely. I worked out with EmBett last week and she's a beast. The girl's a savage. She did a spin class before we worked out, which I assume was to emasculate me. And, um, she's incredibly good at supporting herself on her arms and locking it out so that it's more skeletal, as opposed to muscular. And for that reason, I believe that she will remain champion... I'm okay with it. I'm okay with it."

Ugh. I hate this answer. He previously agreed with someone who said that EBR could complete it and he couldn't because girls are lighter and their muscles work differently or something. And yes, true (somewhat). But it's like he's finding excuses to give to say why she can finish the challenge and he can't, and that it's not because she's stronger but because she's a woman and she can make it about using her skeleton (which, what? how does one support themselves by "locking it out so it's skeletal and not muscular"?) and not her strength or something. He could have left that part and it would have been great/fine/wonderful. But ugh, I hate it when men find reasons why a women can complete something about using their strength while they can't. 

• Love 4
Just now, HighHopes said:

Ugh. I hate this answer. He previously agreed with someone who said that EBR could complete it and he couldn't because girls are lighter and their muscles work differently or something. And yes, true (somewhat). But it's like he's finding excuses to give to say why she can finish the challenge and he can't, and that it's not because she's stronger but because she's a woman and she can make it about using her skeleton (which, what? how does one support themselves by "locking it out so it's skeletal and not muscular"?) and not her strength or something. He could have left that part and it would have been great/fine/wonderful. But ugh, I hate it when men find reasons why a women can complete something about using their strength while they can't. 

I think he was more of praising that she could do it that way in general, since he didn't even mention her being a woman in it, since right before that he was joking about how she could do a spin class before working out. He didn't really sound like he was making excuses as much as just saying she's good at exercising. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, way2interested said:

I think he was more of praising that she could do it that way in general, since he didn't even mention her being a woman in it, since right before that he was joking about how she could do a spin class before working out. He didn't really sound like he was making excuses as much as just saying she's good at exercising. 

Agreed. In fact, the comment about the spin class and emasculation reminded me of @Mellowyellow (I think) saying something about SA and EBR's interactions reminded her of Oliver and Thea. 

7 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Agreed. In fact, the comment about the spin class and emasculation reminded me of @Mellowyellow (I think) saying something about SA and EBR's interactions reminded her of Oliver and Thea. 

I know he didn't mention her being a woman this time, it's just the "she can do it because she does 'x' which doesn't use muscles" thing. But it's probably  just me annoyed by that and it's fine. I did appreciate him praising her fitness though. I just don't understand how someone can hold themselves up by making it be about their skeletal and not muscular strength. 

And seriously, EBR, what's your secret? How do you go to spin class and then another work out?? Can you teach me the ways of staying fit in a city full of delicious food while it's also one of the worst winters for the city ever please? 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

I know he didn't mention her being a woman this time, it's just the "she can do it because she does 'x' which doesn't use muscles" thing. But it's probably  just me annoyed by that and it's fine. I did appreciate him praising her fitness though. I just don't understand how someone can hold themselves up by making it be about their skeletal and not muscular strength. 

And seriously, EBR, what's your secret? How do you go to spin class and then another work out?? Can you teach me the ways of staying fit in a city full of delicious food while it's also one of the worst winters for the city ever please? 

I feel like he may have meant core strength but said skeletal because he's kinda dumb. I remember her mentioning she used to teach yoga, so her having a strong core makes sense & would help her in that type of exercise. Just means she trains smart.

• Love 4

I think he did mean skeletal.  If you can lock your bones in position, you can last longer than if you're counting on your muscles to do the work.  But she's probably also has crazy core strength too.

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, HighHopes said:

I think its not about muscles or being light weighted but a combination. Stephen obviously has stronger muscles but he is also heavier and bigger. Emily has less muscle but she is thiner and smaller. In a way,i think Emily is currently more fit for her weight than Stephen is for his weight. Which is why she more casually holds  her weight throughtout the song while he struggles. Season 2 Stephen would probably manage to complete this challenge IMO. 

She is also more flexible so it might be it too(the yoga thing).

Edited by theOAfc
  • Love 3
(edited)

Fake Nerd Guys podcast interview with MG (no spoilers) - posting here because of the behind-the-scenes info...

FNG Special #3: Interview with Marc Guggenheim
Mar 1, 2017
http://fakenerdguys.libsyn.com/fng-special-3-interview-with-marc-guggenheim

-- MG talked about how he transitioned from being a Boston lawyer to an L.A. writer.

-- MG talked about writing Marvel X-Men comics and about Eli Stone.

-- FNG guy: "Arrow's been excellent this year. We've been really enjoying it."

-- MG debunked rumor that Arrow was initially supposed to be a spin-off of Smallville. Instead, MG said: "I'll tell you what happened. So basically, Greg Berlanti, uh, was at ABC Studios... and he made a deal to return to Warner Brothers, where is, we know, he started and, you know, when they were sorta talking, he mentioned that he had a take, um, to do the Green Arrow on television. Um, it had no relation to the iteration of Green Arrow that you see in Smallville. It was a completely different take - a brand new take. Um. And, you know, then he got to Warner Brothers and then something happened, um, where this movie that Greg and I and Michael Green wrote came out, uh, with - involving another DC character also with 'Green' in his name. (FNG guys laugh) Um, and the reception, shall we say, was not great. Um, so right on the heels of that, like in the case of the worst timing ever, um, Peter Roth at Warner Brothers Studios came to Greg and said, 'hey, so that, uh, take for Green Arrow, I would love to see you go forward with it.'  And, again it was terrible timing because, you know, both Greg and I were licking our wounds, uh, over the whole Green Lantern experience. Um. And, you know, Greg came to me and said, 'listen, I've got this take for Green Arrow,' he told me what it was, and I was really blown away by it. Um. But, you know, we were both sort of feel - and he was asking me if I would do it with him. And, you know, we were both feeling this kind of, you know, trepidation about approaching, you know, another DC character. Um. And, you know, after a lot of soul searching and discussion, we basically realized, like, you know - where things sort of went off the rails for us with the Green Lantern is - at the end of the day, we weren't responsible for the whole product. Um, you know, we did a few drafts of the screenplay that got rewritten by another, uh, you know, writer. And then, of course, got - went on to be directed by someone not Greg. So, um, you know, the only way, I think, we could sort of feel like we were, you know, willing to try to do this again is if we were able to do it with a lot more control over the process than we had with the Green Lantern. So, to that extent, what we ended up doing was, we said to the studio and the network, 'look, we're not going to - we're going to do this outside the normal development process.' You know, in pilot development, there are these - all these steps. You write a story [unintelligible word], you write an outline, you write, you know, draft upon draft. You get notes in every stage. And there's, you know - it's called 'development' for a reason. There's a lot of development. And, you know, Greg and I just wanted to sort of go away and, you know, basically just - just write the script. Um. And then we were going to present it to the, you know, the studio network, saying, 'okay, here's the script, make it, don't make it, up to you, um, but this is our mission.' Um. And that's what happened."

-- On looking back to S2 and whether he has any regrets that maybe Slade Wilson was utilized too soon, MG: "Uh, you know, that's a good question... The answer's 'no,' um, because - and this sort of circles back to Eli [Stone] - You know, one of the things that we learned with Eli was to burn through plot really fast. Um. And the reason we did that on Eli was, we were always on the verge of being cancelled. So, there was no, like, saving this for season 3, because we didn't know if we would have a season 3. So, we sort of learned not to delay gratification and just get to the good stuff as soon as we could. Um. So, there was never any discussion with Arrow, uh, of - of waiting. Even though we were never on the bubble, we still brought that storytelling philosophy into Arrow because, um, we discovered that, even though we were doing it on Eli out of necessity, we liked the result. We liked how urgent the narrative was when you weren't delaying gratification. Um, you know... I definitely recognize that there's a narrative, um, that has cropped up that, uh, season 2 of Arrow was the best and - you know, of the various seasons, in large part because Slade Wilson was such a great villain and a compelling character. Um. But I don't know - and I don't disagree with that. It's sort of like, you know, it's very hard to top Wrath of Khan. Um. That said, I think there have been some really good Star Trek movies that have come out since Wrath of Khan... We always continue to sort of swing for those fences. Um, you know, I'll be curious to see what people think of season 5 when all is said and done. Um. There's a lot of stuff that's still coming up with Prometheus that I think, you know, positions him as one of the best villains, um, that we've had on the show. I would never, um, sort of get into the game of 'is he better than Slade Wilson or not?' Um. Like I said, there can only be one Wrath of Khan. But, uh, I think - I think, you know, when you learn, uh, sort of what Prometheus' game plan is, um, a lot of the things that he's gonna do, um, you may be - you may be ranking him pretty high... He may be The Voyage Home."

-- On whether they can get Batman on the show, MG: "Well, I think we've sort of always operated on the assumption that Superman and Batman were off the table. Um. And, you know, obviously Superman has appeared on Supergirl, um, so it does raise the question, like 'where's the line?' Um, you know, would I love to do Batman on the show? Yes, of course... I've been very open and notorious about my love of Batman and how enjoyable, you know, it would be involved with a live action version of Batman. Um, you know, that said, you know, it's not something we spend a whole lot of time thinking about because I really don't think it's in the cards at the moment, particularly not with either Gotham on the air and with, you know, now the Matt Reese Batman movie being developed. Um, it doesn't seem terribly likely to me that we'll see Batman on the show, but, uh, you know, who knows? Um, you never know. Um. I've definitely learned in this business, particularly with these shows, that you never say never... We're doing things on the shows that we never in a million years imagined we would do when we first started Arrow."

-- On whether there's a character that they wanted but couldn't get, or whether they've had free rein all this time, MG: "Yeah. I'm hard-pressed to think of a character who we wanted on the show and weren't able to get." FNG guy mentioned Nightwing and Harley Quinn. MG: "Yeah, I mean, I would say that, with Harley - Harley was definitely the trickiest one because of the probably Suicide Squad movie. Um, we were probably lucky to get away with what we got away with... We never had plans to have Nightwing on the show. Again, not for lack of wanting to, but you know, we always operated on the assumption that he would not be available to us, so we didn't spend a lot of, you know, bandwidth, uh, you know, breaking a Nightwing story or coming up with a  Nightwing story. Um, as far as using Bludhaven, um, the truth of the matter is, there are only so many DC cities that, you know, that you can reference. Um. So Bludhaven, you know, I've always liked the conceit of Bludhaven... There are some DC cities that sound, let's say, less Golden Age than others. Um, uh, and more modern than others. So, um, I tend to, you know, want to use those, rather than the ones that are, you know - that feel a little dated... I will say, the vast majority of rumors [on the internet] are false." 

-- FNG guy complimented SA's performance on 513 (Spectre of the Gun) and MG talked about writing that episode (similar comments that he made in previously posted media interviews). LOL, he mentioned the 513 "pivotal" scene between "Cisco and Felicity, uh, where Cisco makes the point that, you know, we've stopped talking to each other." MG can't even remember which characters are on which show!  He also praised SA's acting.

-- On what S6 will look like without the island flashbacks, MG: "We're already sort of talking in broad strokes about season 6, and I - I just think it'll be nice. Um. You know, the flashbacks have always been the hardest part of the show. You know, they're the hardest part to write and they're the hardest part to produce because it's really like doing, you know, one-and-a-half shows. Um. So, you know, I think it'll just allow us to be a little lighter on our feet in terms of the narrative. And I think, you know, it'll also be nice to see, you know, that money that we spend on the flashbacks end up on the screen in the present day, you know, in other ways. I really want to, like, you know, push the  -you know, I think the production value of Arrow has always been very, very high, but I feel like there's an opportunity next year to really push it - push it forward, uh, you know, even more. Um, and also, you know, like 513, um, we always, you know - even since season 1 - done, you know, what I call nonlinear flashbacks or the, you know, the non - you know, non-Lian Yu, telling-single-story flashbacks, um, you know, which we still want to keep as part and parcel of the show's, uh, you know, narrative, you know, narrative tool box. Um, so that - that won't change. But I think - I think it'll be good - we also have a very cool - I think, cool plan for how to end the flashbacks this year."

-- MG talked about the 100th episode and how they never had a chance to think about that episode outside of the crossover. His only regret was "scheduling limitations" that prevented them from bringing more characters over. They talked about how far Arrow had come and MG said that they always wanted each season to have its own "identity" so that you could watch an episode and know which season it was from.

-- FNG guys and MG then talked about LoT. MG did talk about how difficult it would be for Sara or Ray to make a visit back to Arrow because they're on a time ship in their own story, although they'd love to do it and just haven't had the opportunity yet. MG also didn't sound hopeful about Constantine becoming a regular on LoT.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

-- MG talked about the 100th episode and how they never had a chance to think about that episode outside of the crossover. His only regret was "scheduling limitations" that prevented them from bringing more characters over. They talked about how far Arrow had come and MG said that they always wanted each season to have its own "identity" so that you could watch an episode and know which season it was from.

Really? That was his only regret? That they couldn't bring more characters over? Anymore and I don't think they could have had each character actually be able to say a line. 

• Love 5

What could the redacted thing be about? Swear word? Because I don't get secrecy about exercising. If it's really obvious, be kind. It's past midnight here, so I'm not at the top of my game.

He was talking about it a while ago, nothing concrete, iirc.   That's an interesting guess, though.  Los Angeles qualifier/final films next Wed/Thurs...

I think it's a good bet that he'll do it. It'll be interesting to see how far he'd get.

I think another reason EBR was so much better at the Bring Sally Up challenge than he was is because her form was so much better, from start to finish. She had excellent control of her entire body the whole time. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, bijoux said:

I love how he calls her EmBett! Just like Oliver calls Thea Speedy! They totally remind me of the Queen siblings.

• Love 2

So if you're going to engage in the fandom of the show, I would encourage you to do it with a modicum of levity and positivity and not rose-colored glasses. It's okay to dislike things. But, um, you know, just think what you're going to accomplish if you want to be decidedly negative about something because I don't think it accomplishes anything. Right?"

Does he not know what looking through rose-colored glasses means?  Looking through rose-colored glasses is what would bring him fans that love everything and always assume the best.    

You know, the flashbacks have always been the hardest part of the show. You know, they're the hardest part to write and they're the hardest part to produce because it's really like doing, you know, one-and-a-half shows. Um. So, you know, I think it'll just allow us to be a little lighter on our feet in terms of the narrative. And I think, you know, it'll also be nice to see, you know, that money that we spend on the flashbacks end up on the screen in the present day, you know, in other ways. I really want to, like, you know, push the  -you know, I think the production value of Arrow has always been very, very high, but I feel like there's an opportunity next year to really push it - push it forward, uh, you know, even more. Um, and also, you know, like 513, um, we always, you know - even since season 1 - done, you know, what I call nonlinear flashbacks or the, you know, the non - you know, non-Lian Yu, telling-single-story flashbacks, um, you know, which we still want to keep as part and parcel of the show's, uh, you know, narrative, you know, narrative tool box. Um, so that - that won't change. 

I like that MG seems excited to ditch the flashbacks unless they have a purpose in order to strengthen the narrative and free up some bucks.  Anything that reassures me that they aren't planning on regular flashFORWARDS to replace the flashbacks.  It really sounds like he's ready to skip that part of the narrative in most episodes.  Good choice.  

On whether there's a character that they wanted but couldn't get, or whether they've had free rein all this time, MG: "Yeah. I'm hard-pressed to think of a character who we wanted on the show and weren't able to get." 

Ted Kord aka Blue Beetle.  The reason we have the Atom instead.  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, bijoux said:

What could the redacted thing be about? Swear word? Because I don't get secrecy about exercising. If it's really obvious, be kind. It's past midnight here, so I'm not at the top of my game.

9 weeks of sex scene prep training. 

• Love 6