Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

Or the folks FROM Smallville. Chico's BFF with KKreuk and Erica Durance to this day, she can invite them.

Suddenly the lack of Allison Mack promotion on that show makes sooooo much sense.  Curse you Chico!

Also, I don't think there was any ill-intent from the people who "tried to be in the spotlight". They must have been genuinely excited - fame hungry or not - and just jumped in because there wasn't any kind of orderly planning. Or maybe it's the optimist in me speaking, for having lived in LA and worked in the business for quite some time, I should know better but eh! Can't blame a girl for trying. 

Ultimately, I think it all boils down to bad organisation, to being one big family of the CW/DC super universe, and even worse to a lack of understanding of the audience, because as much as the party is for the industry, without an audience there isn't much of a show. 

I don't think there was any ill intent on any of the actor's part either.  I'm sure they behaved in a way that they were encouraged to do at least in as much as no one was there to encourage or suggest anything differently. And specifically CL, I think she sees Arrow as just as much as her home as LoT (perhaps more so since she probably has still done more episodes on Arrow than LoT) And that's fine.  

I think what bothers me so much about the lack of organization is that it seems to go along with the message that I feel has been getting sent since the end of last season, that no part of Arrow that I thought was extra special or really important is seen that way anymore by the show runners because otherwise, they would have made a point of making those core cast shots happen.    

It just is one more thing to reinforce what feels like a not so subtle on-going message of "You are not the fans that we want."

• Love 20

So I think MSN used EBR's photo to promote "21 Seriously Creative DIY Halloween Costume Ideas from Instagram"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/fashion/21-seriously-creative-diy-halloween-costume-ideas-from-instagram/ss-BBx8NGy?li=AAeKimm&ocid=mailsignout#image=1

She was image #1, as a Snapchat Filter. Sorry, can't get the image to copy... limited abilities on my work computer.

And TVline is using the EBR photo in their reporting of Whose line's renewal. http://tvline.com/2016/10/24/whose-line-is-it-anyway-renewed-season-5-the-cw/

Its EBR everywhere.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, kismet said:

So I think MSN used EBR's photo to promote "21 Seriously Creative DIY Halloween Costume Ideas from Instagram"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/fashion/21-seriously-creative-diy-halloween-costume-ideas-from-instagram/ss-BBx8NGy?li=AAeKimm&ocid=mailsignout#image=1

She was image #1, as a Snapchat Filter. Sorry, can't get the image to copy... limited abilities on my work computer.

That doesn't look like EBR to me o.O

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

I think it looks like EBR...
BBx8Gjb.img?h=373&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

When I first saw it I thought it was EBR and there is a resemblance but the nose doesn't seem quite right.  Honestly, I could be convinced either way.  

Edited by BkWurm1
Spelling matters
  • Love 1

For me I thought the previous unicorn photo was EBR because of the

• Hair, which looks about rhe length & coloring of last summer when it was damaged looking from over styling
  • the shirt, which looks familiar
  • the unicorn theme, which I think is her thing.
  • the eyebrows & overall face
  • the mood of the photo/idea which was quirky.

I honestly couldn't tell her eye color because of the squinting.

It was also the middle of a 14hr crappy night shift in which I was looking for anything entertaining online. Oh well, didnt mean to cause any issues or offense. Was just trying to be a little lighthearted with a photo that reminded me a lot of EBR. Who I still think looks a little like her. And they did use other rando celeb shots, so I thougt just maybe ~ It seemed like a quirky EBR shot. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, kismet said:

For me I thought the previous unicorn photo was EBR because of the

• Hair, which looks about rhe length & coloring of last summer when it was damaged looking from over styling
  • the shirt, which looks familiar
  • the unicorn theme, which I think is her thing.
  • the eyebrows & overall face
  • the mood of the photo/idea which was quirky.

I honestly couldn't tell her eye color because of the squinting.

It was also the middle of a 14hr crappy night shift in which I was looking for anything entertaining online. Oh well, didnt mean to cause any issues or offense. Was just trying to be a little lighthearted with a photo that reminded me a lot of EBR. Who I still think looks a little like her. And they did use other rando celeb shots, so I thougt just maybe ~ It seemed like a quirky EBR shot. 

All seemed reasonable to me.  Also, trying to figure it out was a good time filler.  

• Love 1
On 10/24/2016 at 0:36 PM, looptab said:

I hope the nastiness was limited to subtweeting and not sent directly to her, but I can see where seeing her being front and center in every pic rubbed people the wrong way.  Imagine if it had been KC doing it - would anyone defend her? I like CL, but those pics annoyed me, too. 

To be fair to Caity, given that the Arrow fans love for her got her her own show, I think she thinks she's pretty important to Arrow fans. So we only have ourselves to blame, really. 

On 10/24/2016 at 7:57 PM, dtissagirl said:

Or the folks FROM Smallville. Chico's BFF with KKreuk and Erica Durance to this day, she can invite them.

Ew no. 

On 10/24/2016 at 8:21 PM, Velocity23 said:

If anybody from the flarrow cast deserved to have a place there, was Grant, but he respectfully chose to stay in the background. 

Don't know about deserving, but it was decent of GG to be low key. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Did Barry's dumb ass Flashpoint us back to Saturday or what

I was just about to say time travel is real because I swear this thread had this exact conversation the other day! Wow.

*Panic moonwalks away*

I loved Roy so much.   But not even in relation to Thea or Ollie.   I loved him.   As a person and also because of Colton's and Emily's friendship. And I think as a result Roy and Felicity's relationship.  Btw just my opinion, Colton could be in whatever pic he wants , he's not on the show anymore but damn if he wasn't a huge part of it. 

I'm also mad that his pants ripped because I think his suit must have been dapper as fuck and also fitting in that green. 

Sidebar: <insert angry horse gif > for previous comments. 

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Is that why he wore the coat everywhere?? He ripped his pants? I didn't realize. Lol poor Colton. 

Yeah they ripped as he was walking the green carpet with Emily.   Hence her smiling and his out of focus grimace grin of "why me?"

7 hours ago, Delphi said:

Yeah they ripped as he was walking the green carpet with Emily.   Hence her smiling and his out of focus grimace grin of "why me?"

Oh i shouldn't laugh because that's so embarrassing but, at the same time it's amusing.  We've all been there at one time or another.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, doesntworkonwood said:

I think it's that he's gone private. Only his followers can see his tweets now. He's got 1.58m though, so I'm sure we'll be informed if he says something stupid again.

Such a drama queen, LOL. Was something  happening or he decided out of the blue?