Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Willa's face looks great. EK looks great. EBR seems like such a happy person but I just am not a fan of her clothing style... Also it is totally her own choice, as it should be, but I am missing the longer hair on her.

Also is it hot or cold inside the room? Because CH looks like he is going to a place where he expects it to be quite cold ;-)

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 2

That is a beautiful cast but there quite a few fashion disasters! Oh, EBR! Nice shoes, killer legs! Aside from the shoes, every other item should be burnt! I'm also glad that SA took the time to dress up! Willa's makeup is on point.

Aside from these shallow comments, I hope the party was fun as it is a nice milestone for the cast and crew. Too bad that, once again, Arrow cannot have the spotlight all for itself. It's disappointing but not really surprising. 

• Love 7

Wow, I came in here thinking I'd see people talking about outfits and cute pics. 

That wasn't an Arrow only party, it was a party celebrating Arrow reaching a 100 episodes, why wouldn't everyone be there? They are celebrating a show that they are all a part of. 

I also don't think it's a full press party. So the pictures are probably whoever is standing around each other when they call for a picture, like it happens at most parties. And maybe some people don't like being in the center of pictures or were walking by and called over which would put them on the end. 

They are supposed to have fun not plan were they are standing for pictures. That's their PR departments job. The actors are just at party. Let them have fun.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 9

It seemed like everyone that had anything to do with the show ever got an invite. Maybe they should have had an official 'Arrow' part. Where the current casts takes pictures for promotion. Then afterwards everyone and their mother could have joined in...It just seems like so so many people.

Edited by Belinea
4 hours ago, looptab said:

Does anyone have a pic of the cast with the cake? I don't know where to find half the pics you guys were talking about, lol.

Seems like it was strictly people all the bigger players at the cake cutting.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 4

KL, CL and JS should not have been up at the cake cutting (KC is debatable, she was 90 plus episodes but they killed off her character last season). I don't even think the network big wigs should have been up there either. Leave it to the main cast and EPs. People can take pics with it after the cutting.

Looking thru the pics and videos, it does look like a free for all. Very little organization. No pics with the main cast on the carpet or in the venue. 

I feel bad the cast didn't get more.

• Love 12

I admit I barely read the last 3 pages of snark here, but I'm sorry to inform y'all this is an industry party to show off for the industry. The optics of how *fandom* is gonna see it is... completely irrelevant to all of the pretty people dressed up, and the white billionaire dudes who pay their salaries.

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

It looks like Emily just cut off Wendy's head and brought it to cake cutting.

Heh. I noticed Willa looking like she's gonna stab that cake to death. Very Norman Bates.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

I completely understand it's a glorified corporate party, I just wish they had done it better.

I'm going to take the complete opposite point of view of most of the last three pages and say that by WB standards, they did an awesome job.

• Love 5

Despite being an industry party I just feel like when Flash and Legends have their 100th that Id be surprised if Stephen Emily or David would jump into the centre focal point of the cast photos be on stage to cut the cake or post multiple photos of themselves from the party and barely took the time between all the selfies to actually send out a tweet  to congratulate the fellow shows on reaching a milestone. So I guess count me someone else gravely disappointed in the organisation of this party and wishing the cast were given more respect from the network then to be used as a publicity vechile for other shows/cast and the fellow flarrow cast for not stepping aside to maybe let the Arrow cast be front and centre for at least the cast pic and cake cutting. Lurkin again :)

• Love 17

She's not doing every character.  She was originally going to only do series regulars and then added in the noobs to compare screentimes to Series Regulars (given all the promotion they received).  Not sure why she added Chase in except that he was supposed to be a series regular (per TV Line) i didn't check the credits to see where he was listed.

• Love 1

I truly honestly think the WB see all of the Berlantiverse cast as ~one big family cast~, and not separate casts for separate shows. And they LOVE IT LIKE THAT too, because WBTV has had an immense history going back to the '90s of projecting this idea that their shows are ~one big happy family~ [the fact that now 3-4 shows are one big happy family is even! better! for! them!], and going out of their way to maintain that image, and going even more out of their way to hide/damage control when one of their talent is problematic and/or causing trouble on set.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, dtissagirl said:

I truly honestly think the WB see all of the Berlantiverse cast as ~one big family cast~, and not separate casts for separate shows. And they LOVE IT LIKE THAT too, because WBTV has had an immense history going back to the '90s of projecting this idea that their shows are ~one big happy family~ [the fact that now 3-4 shows are one big happy family is even! better! for! them!], and going out of their way to maintain that image, and going even more out of their way to hide/damage control when one of their talent is problematic and/or causing trouble on set.

Are we talking in general, KC or somebody else? Because I'd love new gossip.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Are we talking in general, KC or somebody else? Because I'd love new gossip.

I was actually thinking about the dude on Angel S1 who was written out of the show because he was a drug addict, and they hid that fact relatively well... until the guy ODed and died a couple of years later.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 2

Awesome that The Flash & LoT cast came to help Arrow celebrate #100, that should inspire them to reach the same milestone as well. And this united front is good promotion for upcoming crossovers, win win for everyone.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Soulfire said:

Sorry! I should have posted this too, which is what the "lovers" tweet comment is about --

Haha. Thanks! It makes sense now. :)

Remaining 2016 comic cons/events...

EW PopFest, October 29-30, 2016 (Los Angeles, CA)
Greg Berlanti and Stephen Amell (also Grant Gustin, Melissa Benoist and Caity Lotz) - Sat., Oct. 29, at 1:15pm
http://www.ewpopfest.com/

Alamo City Comic Con, October 28-30, 2016 (San Antonio, TX)
John Barrowman and Summer Glau
http://alamocitycomiccon.com/celebrity-guests/

Walker Stalker Con, October 28-30, 2016 (Atlanta, GA)
Chad Coleman
http://walkerstalkercon.com/atlanta/guests/

Fan Expo Vancouver, November 11-13, 2016 
David Ramsey, Paul Blackthorne, John Barrowman, Neal McDonough and Alex Kingston (also Caity Lotz)
http://fanexpovancouver.com/guests/

Rhode Island Comic Con, November 11-13, 2016 
Katie Cassidy and Summer Glau (also Arthur Darvill, Falk Hentschel, Casper Crump and Mehcad Brooks)
http://www.ricomiccon.com/guests

Scripted, November 17-18, 2016 (New York, NY)
Greg Berlanti - Keynote Conversation on Nov. 18 at 4:15pm
http://scriptedsummit.com/2016/speakers/

Heroes & Villains FanFest-Atlanta, November 19-20, 2016 (Atlanta, GA)
Stephen Amell, John Barrowman, Matt Ryan, David Ramsey, Katie Cassidy, Willa Holland, Paul Blackthorne, Charlotte Ross, Neal McDonough, Echo Kellum, Amy Gumenick, Bex Taylor-Klaus and Cody Rhodes (also Robbie Amell, Rick Cosnett, Teddy Sears and Carole Barrowman)
http://heroesfanfest.com/atlanta/guests/

Walker Stalker Con, December 17-18, 2016 (Charlotte, NC)
Chad Coleman
http://walkerstalkercon.com/charlotte/guests/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Despite being an industry party I just feel like when Flash and Legends have their 100th that Id be surprised if Stephen Emily or David would jump into the centre focal point of the cast photos be on stage to cut the cake or post multiple photos of themselves from the party and barely took the time between all the selfies to actually send out a tweet  to congratulate the fellow shows on reaching a milestone. So I guess count me someone else gravely disappointed in the organisation of this party and wishing the cast were given more respect from the network then to be used as a publicity vechile for other shows/cast and the fellow flarrow cast for not stepping aside to maybe let the Arrow cast be front and centre for at least the cast pic and cake cutting. Lurkin again :)

I disagree with this, and not just because this was an event for network executives and some of the media, not fandom.

One of Arrow's biggest achievements is that it's a cult show that managed to launch not just one, but two spinoffs, plus a webseries, plus convince ABC, Fox and CBS that superhero shows were still viable - even if CBS decided to back out of the experience and focus its money on sports instead.

Putting Flash and Legends of Tomorrow cast members there celebrates that achievement. I would be shocked to find out that WB planned out the carpet and cake cutting pictures all that carefully - I expect it was more "Hey, you're nearby" and "Hey, you get up here -" but not at all surprised to find out that someone told Candice Patton, Caity Lotz and Danielle Panabaker to get into the pictures to remind the executives there that Arrow started all of that.

• Love 11

There are more photos from the green carpet Here. Janet Kidder's style really blends with this cast, there are a few cute pics of Joe Dinicole and Rick Gonzales, and my favorite thing, Arrow's blonde news anchor was in attendance. I hope the other reporter was there as well.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

KL, CL and JS should not have been up at the cake cutting (KC is debatable, she was 90 plus episodes but they killed off her character last season). I don't even think the network big wigs should have been up there either. Leave it to the main cast and EPs. People can take pics with it after the cutting.

From the cake cutting pic I saw I didn't see CL in the picture. I'm sure they took pics of everyone in front of the cake. This wasn't an Arrow fandom only party. It was a party celebrating a show on the CW that reached 100 episodes. Everyone involved in the show should be there, it's not an exclusive party depending on how many episodes you were in. I just see it as the actors having fun and being called in to take pics so whoever wants to can join in. It's a party. Taking pictures is probably the worst part of it. 

• Love 4

There are more photos from the green carpet Here. 

Thanks??, Joe Dinicol and Rick Gonzales are so cute together. Loving the other bromance of Keiynan & Franz, hope they will get scenes together at some point.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

People talking about DCTV shows supporting each other, but Arrow is the only show whose episode stills werent release for next episode.

Well, to be fair, it's probably hard finding the least interesting photos taken for the episode that don't feature main characters other than Oliver.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

From the cake cutting pic I saw I didn't see CL in the picture. I'm sure they took pics of everyone in front of the cake. This wasn't an Arrow fandom only party. It was a party celebrating a show on the CW that reached 100 episodes. Everyone involved in the show should be there, it's not an exclusive party depending on how many episodes you were in. I just see it as the actors having fun and being called in to take pics so whoever wants to can join in. It's a party. Taking pictures is probably the worst part of it. 

Caity and Katrina were both there next to David. I don't know why we didn't get a current cast picture or a OTA picture. We didn't even get a just Cast picture. They took pictures with the people in different spots too but EBR never moves to the center. 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I don't know anything about the industry and the difference between a party for the execs vs one for the cast. All I wanted/expected is what other shows had, based on pics of of their 100th episode parties. Other shows on the CW-- VD, SPN, One Tree Hill, had a proper photo with the main cast in front of their cake. Arrow couldn't even manage to get that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Yeah, that's the only real problem I had. Invite whomever you want. Take pics with all of the casts if you want. Have all of the newbies take more pics than the main characters (since that's happening in bts anyway). I was just expecting one main current cast photo with the EPs (even throw in AK and KC) for at least online write-ups of the party. I haven't even seen clear straight-on photos of cutting the cake and the sole "cast photo" included 3 Flash cast members, 2 members of Arrow who aren't on the show anymore, 1 LoT cast member, and 1 Arrow cast member who's had all of probably 5 minutes of screen time.  

It's mostly personal bitterness, I know, and I'm glad that it looks like they all had a good time, but ehhh....

• Love 17

Other than the OTA separation, I think the glaring thing is that the only visual people at the party were cast from the last two seasons with a few exceptions like the actor who played Blood. Colin, Susanna, Walter. Mckenna, Helena, Isabel, Sin and even Ray wasn't there. None of the major season 1-3 FlashBack characters were noticeably there. (Only Sara and she played a part last season so she doesn't count). And none of the villains walked the carpet though I know Neal was supposedly there. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, tarotx said:

Other than the OTA separation, I think the glaring thing is that the only visual people at the party were cast from the last two seasons with a few exceptions like the actor who played Blood. Colin, Susanna, Walter. Mckenna, Helena, Isabel, Sin and even Ray wasn't there.

They were probably invited though, and just didn't go. There isn't anything that can be done about that. 

• Love 1