Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Caity is currently in Utah according to her instagram,  she might be flying out this morning though. 

Someone asked CL on twitter if she was going to the Upfronts, she said she was. She's been racking up a lot of airline miles since LoT ended. She was in Thailand, Paris, Canada, Utah and now headed to New York. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

How do we know which Arrow actors are going to Upfronts?

I think its process of elimination at this point.

I assumed all the regulars, but PB is going to save the rhinos and it seems WH and JB will not attend. EK confirmed he was and EBR is in NYC. I think SA is a sure thing. DR hasn't posted anything but ...

(edited)

I meant to post this earlier...

DR's comments at Wizard World Minneapolis (posted on the previous page) - about the need for DC Comics' approval and all the red tape & politics involved in using franchise characters like Green Lantern and Harley Quinn - are just a reminder that DC Comics had to have approved killing off Laurel/Black Canary.

So although MG is getting all the heat for the death, some of the 'blame' (or credit, depending on your p.o.v.) must also be put on DC Comics, as well as Greg Berlanti.  If DC Comics didn't want Arrow's version of Black Canary killed off, then they could've forced the EPs to have Laurel exit the show alive (just leave Star City).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

JB not being there gives me hopeful thoughts.

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

LOL JB is over in Wales doing some work on Torchwood Audio Plays. :)

I, for one, will be happy to have Malcolm back to being an actual Big Bad. Like Oliver's unquestionable nemesis.

I would be happy to have him gone.  As in dead. 

The mention of Ciara Renee is making me nervous, because I'm still hoping her character is gone from LoT after tomorrow's episode.  I hope she's just there because she lives there. 

• Love 5

As much as I think it is laziness when the Arrow Writers room or Stars only join West Coast live-tweets, it's also kinda smart because it extends the amount of time the #Arrow is trending or producing Twitter data for marketing purpose. I know Nielsen is somehow following Twitter, but do we know if time zones matter for their data collection - or just the greater the number of tweets & the longer it lasts, the better?

(edited)
11 minutes ago, kismet said:

As much as I think it is laziness when the Arrow Writers room or Stars only join West Coast live-tweets, it's also kinda smart because it extends the amount of time the #Arrow is trending or producing Twitter data for marketing purpose. I know Nielsen is somehow following Twitter, but do we know if time zones matter for their data collection - or just the greater the number of tweets & the longer it lasts, the better?

My understanding is that Nielsen counts unique tweets 3 hrs before and after an episode airs and it has to have a certain  hashtag. I know this from SPN

Edited by catrox14

Okay, so back to thinking they just can't be bothered to live tweet during an East Coast feed for reasons likely related to laziness or inconvenience. At least someone with access to the ArrowWriters room account has the decency to retweet and send out some messages during the East Coast feed.

Wouldn't the smart thing be to have one writer tweet during the east coast version, and one during the west? Holding out till the second viewing assumes that it's going to trend during the east coast airing. 

Not that I expect these people to be smart about it.

• Love 1

It should probably be part of their job, but I'm wondering if it's because they're working during the East Coast airing. (Says the girl who speeds home to get home as close to 5 as I can to find a stream and chat with you lovely folks.) 

I'm curious if this is voluntary or if each writer is required to live tweet a certain number of episodes like they are required to have Twitter accounts.

5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Wouldn't the smart thing be to have one writer tweet during the east coast version, and one during the west? Holding out till the second viewing assumes that it's going to trend during the east coast airing. 

Not that I expect these people to be smart about it.

Yes, but I think their laziness/convenience outweighs their intelligence sometimes. I know other shows have a twitter strategy, where they divvy up episodes & time zones. Arrow just does whatever works for them that week. Not the best strategy, but at least the writers do live tweet. Some shows don't even do that.

2 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

It should probably be part of their job, but I'm wondering if it's because they're working during the East Coast airing. (Says the girl who speeds home to get home as close to 5 as I can to find a stream and chat with you lovely folks.) 

I'm curious if this is voluntary or if each writer is required to live tweet a certain number of episodes like they are required to have Twitter accounts.

Thank you for your effort!! :)

I have no idea if it is voluntary or not. But one would think that they could just adjust their work schedules to accommodate live tweeting during all time zones. It's not like TV writing is a strict 9-5 punch in/punch out job. If the tweets help to keep promote the show and bring in some show recognition & potential revenue than I don't see why they shouldn't make the effort pay or no pay.

4 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I would be happy to have him gone.  As in dead. 

The mention of Ciara Renee is making me nervous, because I'm still hoping her character is gone from LoT after tomorrow's episode.  I hope she's just there because she lives there. 

It likely was just hyperbole but Ciara hashtagged her most recent return to New York something to the effect of never leaving you again.  But it also included a Hawk mention so make of it as you will. 

18 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I'm good whether it's voluntary or not.  :)

Rogue Events seem so incompetent. They should have figured out a way that only con attendees could see and download their own photos instead of it being open to everyone. What if fans aren't on twitter and now their photo is circling online and they have no idea? Not impressed at all.

(edited)

Wow, they're worse than Walker Stalker con. They at least gave us a code that was only given at the event to get into the pictures part of the website. I mean you can see everyone's picture that was at the event but the whole world couldn't see them. 

ETA: Haha, people were screaming Black Canary when Caity Lotz showed up. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Even worse, some of the photos being posted have the fans cropped out to feature only SA&EBR. I mean, I get it, we don't have Olicity photos but c'mon!

I'm kinda torn between disliking that and also appreciating it at the same time. I'm sure when people paid for the pictures, they in some way signed their rights of the picture over to the company. However, they did not expect them to be posted across the internet. If I was in a picture and complete strangers were distributing it to wherever they wanted to without my permission/knowledge, I might appreciate being edited out of the photo. Perhaps the cropping is done out of respect of other people's privacy.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Rogue Events seem so incompetent. They should have figured out a way that only con attendees could see and download their own photos instead of it being open to everyone. What if fans aren't on twitter and now their photo is circling online and they have no idea? Not impressed at all.

Is it really so bad?

The alternative was they didn't get their picture at all.  Nobody will be interested in the stranger in the pic in the long run so I don't think that should be a big concern and really, why is it a problem if someone crops you out of the picture?  I'd rather they did that anyway if I was in their shoes. 

It sorta sucks that they paid money and others get to enjoy the shots for free, but they are still the only ones that get a thrill of being IN the picture with EBR or SA.   That's still belongs to them alone.

• Love 4

If the owner said yes, post the photo but please crop me out, I would totally understand. I've seen such crops with messages from the poster indicating that had been the request. But there were many posts were people apparently just grabbed images from the site that were not theirs, or grabbed the ones already posted by the owners and then cropped them out. That's just plain wrong. And I'm not sure what terms of service or agreement was signed by the con participants, or if there was even such a thing, but I'm sure many did not expect to have their photos available on the Internet.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Is it really so bad?

The alternative was they didn't get their picture at all.  Nobody will be interested in the stranger in the pic in the long run so I don't think that should be a big concern and really, why is it a problem if someone crops you out of the picture?  I'd rather they did that anyway if I was in their shoes. 

It sorta sucks that they paid money and others get to enjoy the shots for free, but they are still the only ones that get a thrill of being IN the picture with EBR or SA.   That's still belongs to them alone.

Yes, actually. 

My point isn't really anything to do with being grateful that people were getting their photos, although yes, I'm happy it all worked out for everyone. My point was that the reports over the weekend already made Rogue Events seem like a mess and then their way of uploading photos only went on to highlight that further. Some people hadn't even downloaded their own photo and they were already appearing on twitter without permission. It's not right.

And I didn't say anything about people getting cropped out of photos, although that is the best solution. 

4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Some people hadn't even downloaded their own photo and they were already appearing on twitter without permission. It's not right.

And I didn't say anything about people getting cropped out of photos, although that is the best solution. 

Yeah. It's perfectly okay for a con attendee to be upset that a picture that they paid for is being downloaded and distributed without them having a say in who takes it and where it's posted. Sometimes with them completely cropped out, sometimes with their faces still partly visible. The issue should definitely be with the folks who download pics that aren't theirs and distribute them, not the ones who are upset about it. 

I like looking at the photo ops too - I always assumed that the ones that were tweeted and stuff were the property of the person who had paid for the pic. Sad to know that isn't always the case. 

• Love 7

But Caity and Melissa and Megalyn are there you guys!!!!  Because of course that definitely meets the quota of women that are allowed to go smh. Every single member of tvd is there so why not farrow? Berlanti is stupid as hell for letting this happen again. 

• Love 3