Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

My screen brightness sucks. Could that be EBR's hand? Isn't she a smoker? (I just spent the last 3 minutes trying to figure out where everyone's arms were.)

Yeah, actually, that probably is Emily's hand. 

ETA: No, wait...Now I think I see her other hand on Willa's stunt double's shoulder? IDK.

ETAA: No, I think it's Charlotte - she's wearing a black shirt, and the sleeve attached to the hand is also black.

Edited by apinknightmare

I've seen photos of Willa smoking, but I didn't know about EBR. 

ETA: No, wait...Now I think I see her other hand on Willa's stunt double's shoulder? IDK.

ETAA: No, I think it's Charlotte - she's wearing a black shirt, and the sleeve attached to the hand is also black.

I think it's Charlotte too, though it seems a really long arm, haha. The hand on the stunt double's shoulder is Willa's, she is leaning on her. :)

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1

I've seen photos of Willa smoking, but I didn't know about EBR. 

I think it's Charlotte too, though it seems a really long arm, haha. The hand on the stunt double's shoulder is Willa's, she is leaning on her. :)

Yeah, it's definitely Charlotte's arm - you can make out the line of her sweater if you look closely enough.

And thanks. :) I couldn't tell if Willa had her arm around the girl or if Emily's hand was on top. I can't tell where her hand is - maybe on her leg since she's crouching down? 

My screen brightness sucks. Could that be EBR's hand? Isn't she a smoker? (I just spent the last 3 minutes trying to figure out where everyone's arms were.)

I did the same thing, in fact I enlarged & everything. My original post had both possibly listed. But I think its definitely CR because of the black sleeve. Also EBR's shoulder is turned under & in while she is schroching. 

Makes me miss Colton a lot, he used to post a lot. He still does, it's just rarely Arrow related. I wonder if it's because it's still a new and fun job for them and the other cast members are a bit burned out or if they just genuinely get a kick out of using social media platforms more than the main cast.

• Love 2

So no new promo for the last 1/4 of the season. Good job, CW PR! Must be nice to get paid to do nothing. It's a lucky break they don't care about ratings anyway, because no one is going to remember to watch next week.

• Love 4

Is it confirmed that CW isn't doing an end of season sizzle reel, or have they just not released it yet? Their incompetence is boundless, so I wouldn't rule out them crossing their fingers that Echo's snapchats go viral and walking away.

I guess I'm just preemptively crabby. All the talk of no official Olicity promotion just reminds me of the general lack of attention to Arrow from the network. Last year we got an end-of-the-season promo around this time. It would have made sense to drop one this week since the show has been on hiatus for 2 weeks already.

Are episode stills for 420 supposed to come out today?

I wonder if the sizzle reels for both Arrow and Flash were created for Paley, or if it was something they would have done otherwise. It's possible that no Paley means no promo.

Paley had a whole other promo, and the sizzle reel was way after, since Paley they had just finished 320, while the sizzle had footage for 320-321.

• Love 2

I think he has 2 appearances. Sorry if I spoiled anything,not sure how to spoiler tag from mobile.

I figure as long as I tagged what his appearances might be about I was safe.  So I think you are good too.  ;)

Quintin appears

twice. Tonight he's playing himself before the Gambit was lost, because an assassin is going after the LoT crew's younger selves. Then he'll appear again in the LoT season finale - that's the one where we got the pics of him and Sara at the grave.

• Love 1

I Didn't know where to put this... But this tweet from Laura Hurley infuriates me

Laura Hurley ‏@lah9891  5m5 minutes ago

I've been watching The CW all night. Tons of Flash commercials. No Arrow commercials.
Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5

I literally just popped over to say something about that.

Are they that comfortable with Arrow? Is that a good thing?

I don't get The CW.

IT MAKES ZERO SENSE. It's like they want Arrow to fail or something? Wouldn't it be smart to promo it during LoT/The 100 while the target audience is actually tuning into the network to watch the shows to remind them "HEY ARROW IS BACK NEXT WEEK".

Absolutely infuriating. 

• Love 7

I literally just popped over to say something about that.

Are they that comfortable with Arrow? Is that a good thing?

I don't get The CW.

They almost literally DO NOT run promos for SPN except at the end of SPN's episode. I mean nothing.

IT MAKES ZERO SENSE. It's like they want Arrow to fail or something? Wouldn't it be smart to promo it during LoT/The 100 while the target audience is actually tuning into the network to watch the shows to remind them "HEY ARROW IS BACK NEXT WEEK".

Absolutely infuriating. 

The Flash is Berlanti's FAVE. He will ALWAYS get priority

SPN is going on season 12. That show has a life of it's own. What help could anyone possibly give them? It's lasting as long as the procedural cop/doctor shows. I don't know many people that would start watching a show on season 11. 

Arrow on the other hand is still a newer show that could use some promotion. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

I don't think you can compared the PR situations of Supernatural and Arrow. Supernatutal is wrapping up their 11th season.

Arrow is in its 4th, the second highest rated show on the network and part of a popular network brand.

Not to say that SPN shouldn't get support but I just think it's a different boat at this point.

• Love 9

I have one giant and one small writing project due . . . Well, they were due last week, but anyway. I'm going to need a planned brain dead antisocial weekend when it's over that involves no reading or writing. Your ad discussion reminded me that I was thinking of tallying up six months of promo on both the Flash and Arrow social media pages and comparing a) how much was for their own show, b) how much was for the other show/s. When I really want to procrastinate I think about adding in the number of likes or hearts--unsurprisingly, promo for the Flash and LoT are not big draws on the Arrow page--or going through the awards section on this site and noting how many awards/articles were ignored. I'm exempting LoT from the analysis because they are a new show and need to be heavily promoted. I'm saying this now because I'm a word person not a numbers/data person, and would take suggestions if I should approach it in a specific way or if there are additional factors I should be looking at. There are a few people on the east coast who are getting ready to come to California and lock me in my house until the other projects are done, so it may be delayed, but I think it might be a good mental palate cleanser and could settle in my mind, more than anecdotally, if Arrow is getting as shafted in social media PR as I think they are.

I know how weird this sounds, but it sounds so relaxing to me after months of writing. I never even open excel and yet here I am, planning a spreadsheet.

• Love 6

SPN is going on season 12. That show has a life of it's own. What help could anyone possibly give that show? It's lasting as long as the procedural cop/doctor shows. I don't know many people that would start watching a show on season 11. 

Arrow on the other hand is still a newer show that could use some promotion. 

Wasn't arguing against the point about Arrow. My point was more that CW promotion makes little sense to me.  SPN picks up new viewers  because of Netflix. so a tiny bit of promotion wouldn't hurt. 

, but I think it might be a good mental palate cleanser and could settle in my mind, more than anecdotally, if Arrow is getting as shafted in social media PR as I think they are.

Arrow and SPN are generally in the top 5 of Nielsen Twitter ratings for Wednesday nights if that helps

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

So maybe CW PR are really evil geniuses. They are getting people talking, which is the point of PR.

When it comes to Nielsen twitter ratings, it's not the CW PR who are geniuses, but the shows itself and the content... For example, killing LL helped Arrow get into the top 10 spot of the week which it hasn't made since early season 2... So definitely not CW PR.

I'd hardly call them geniuses lol

• Love 5

I have one giant and one small writing project due . . . Well, they were due last week, but anyway. I'm going to need a planned brain dead antisocial weekend when it's over that involves no reading or writing. Your ad discussion reminded me that I was thinking of tallying up six months of promo on both the Flash and Arrow social media pages and comparing a) how much was for their own show, b) how much was for the other show/s. When I really want to procrastinate I think about adding in the number of likes or hearts--unsurprisingly, promo for the Flash and LoT are not big draws on the Arrow page--or going through the awards section on this site and noting how many awards/articles were ignored. I'm exempting LoT from the analysis because they are a new show and need to be heavily promoted. I'm saying this now because I'm a word person not a numbers/data person, and would take suggestions if I should approach it in a specific way or if there are additional factors I should be looking at. There are a few people on the east coast who are getting ready to come to California and lock me in my house until the other projects are done, so it may be delayed, but I think it might be a good mental palate cleanser and could settle in my mind, more than anecdotally, if Arrow is getting as shafted in social media PR as I think they are.

If you're a word person, you could take a look on how they frame their promotion (buzz words, hashtags, descriptions, etc.) for themselves compared to each other. I know that people have made fun of how the CWArrow twitter gave some pretty lousy taglines for some Arrow episodes (like the "Will Felicity's mistakes doom the team?" one for 411). I've never looked at how Flash's promotion is framed, so I wonder if their promotion is a bit more positive/buzz-worthy.

• Love 1

If you're a word person, you could take a look on how they frame their promotion (buzz words, hashtags, descriptions, etc.) for themselves compared to each other. I know that people have made fun of how the CWArrow twitter gave some pretty lousy taglines for some Arrow episodes (like the "Will Felicity's mistakes doom the team?" one for 411). I've never looked at how Flash's promotion is framed, so I wonder if their promotion is a bit more positive/buzz-worthy.

That's a good point. Or even something like last week, where the big death reveal that they've been pushing for six months wasn't even mentioned, but rather they used the vague "things change".

• Love 2

So in addition to airing only Flash promos on TV, using the Arrow and LoT twitter+FB accounts to reblog Flash posts, and creating content for Cisco's official Tumblr account (including videos with CV called "Chronicles of Cisco"), the CW also produces a 30 minute show for the CW Seed called "CW Fantalk" that is actually only about Flash. So it really isn't about the network promo department not having enough resources. It's just that they spend it all on one show.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 9

Well we knew from the beginning that this year they decided to give a "PR push" to their shows in their second season (so Flash included) and they were obviously going to push LoT that is new because they needed to create a stable audience for it. I guess they are okay with the stable numbers Arrow has and they think their resources are better spent elsewhere. I think it's silly and they would have better chances to increase their numbers with Arrow than for example LoT that dropped and it's just in its first season but it's their money, not mine.

• Love 1