Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Oh nooooo. Oh Marc NO.

I feel like one day it's going to be Marc to spill the beans on the BTS stuff because he already seems to be incredibly annoyed by the hate he's been getting. Yikes.

Lol and yet all the men went down fighting or strictly of their own accord while none of the women outside of Isabel were given the same treatment. Never change Marc! Nevah change!

• Love 1

I think it's a legit issue across most shows that is being used to fuel negativity for a decision which was sound for Arrow both on screen and BTS, it seems.

It's personal whether or not people support but for myself I need to decide if the main outrage is really for the issue being discussed or the character in a particular instance being killed off.

For Arrow it is a decision I obviously agreed with. The one iffy thing about it was the ship baiting for O/L.

• Love 7

I find it really hard to sympathize with the "outrage" associated with Laurel's death considering how many reviewers and critics were A-OK with Felicity dying after 409. Even as they were saying that they didn't think the show would make the death stick, lots of them talked about how it would be a "bold" and "brave" storytelling decision to kill off such a beloved character. And if Felicity had actually died in 409, it definitely would have been considered a fridging. At least Laurel ended up where she was because she had gone out to fight.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 14

I think they knew what they were doing with Sara. They didn't expect backlash bUT they knew.

Moira being captured, restrained and stabbed through I think is worse but because she's the middle aged superheroes mother we tend to give leeway. Leeway which is undeserved in my opinion.

Maybe so. We'll never know. Meanwhile I find it curious why there was no critical outcry after Amanda Waller, also a comic canon character and a WOC got executed. And why Felicity was every reviewer's pick to be in the grave ever since 401, but none of them spoke out against Arrow's habit of killing off its women then. It was a foregone conclusion-- of course it's Felicity, because she's the girlfriend, and she's not a fighter. And they were totally comfortable with that idea.

I don't understand the selective outrage. And for the record, yes, I do think Laurel should have gotten a better death. But I think all the women have been treated poorly on Arrow, so why the outrage *now*? Why did I have to sit through 3 months of my favorite character always being the front runner on the chopping block and not a single article was written about how the Gwen Stacy-ing of female characters is wrong?

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 24

I may be missing something here... I don't really see any reviewers talking about how terrible it is for LL to be the one to die and how it's problematic... The only reason why Arrow is being mentioned in those articles is not because of LL but because it fits the trend that we've seen in the last month and they're using Arrow to bolster their arguments. Mo Ryan for example, doesn't give a damn about LL (from what we've seen in the podcasts), and if the past month wasn't filled with women being killed off, I doubt she would've written an article about it. 

The only reason why every reviewer picked Felicity to be in the grave in 401 is because the show was pretty heavy handed about it. And I thoroughly believe that if Felicity died in episode 18 it would've garnered the same, if not more, traction from reviewers because she's another woman that's been killed this season. I say more because Felicity is generally more liked within the critic crowd.

• Love 4

I may be missing something here... I don't really see any reviewers talking about how terrible it is for LL to be the one to die and how it's problematic... The only reason why Arrow is being mentioned in those articles is not because of LL but because it fits the trend that we've seen in the last month and they're using Arrow to bolster their arguments. Mo Ryan for example, doesn't give a damn about LL (from what we've seen in the podcasts), and if the past month wasn't filled with women being killed off, I doubt she would've written an article about it. 

The only reason why every reviewer picked Felicity to be in the grave in 401 is because the show was pretty heavy handed about it. And I thoroughly believe that if Felicity died in episode 18 it would've garnered the same, if not more, traction from reviewers because she's another woman that's been killed this season. I say more because Felicity is generally more liked within the critic crowd.

Sorry, I got a little bit ranty. Mo Ryan's article was just timely, yes. I was thinking of the Forbes reviewer and the two links to tvfanatic. And the um, conversations they kicked up.

My point about Felicity was a little off topic, but thinking about how Laurel's death got to be included as an example of TV treating women badly just reminded me of how cavalierly everyone assumed Felicity was in the grave. Yes, the show tried to make it really obvious it was her, but shouldn't the reviewers, who watch TV for a living, have known better? She was essential on Team Arrow and as Palmer Tech's CEO. Was she really more likely to be in the grave than Quentin, a cop who was collaborating with DD, had a heart problem, and had no ties to Oliver? I'd argue no. Felicity was the most popular pick all the way up until 409 because she was the protagonist's girlfriend and a non-combatant, a non-comic character standing in the way of a supposed comic canon romance in a comic-based show. I don't remember any of the numerous death probability articles talking about how wrong it would be to kill her off for those reasons. More liked or not, I really don't know if Felicity had died in 409 there would be more of a reaction from reviewers because they seemed to accept that scenario pretty easily. (And in retrospect, it bugs me that it didn't bug them :P But I should let it go because it's a moot point.)

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 7

Variety Article about "Axis" and the kickstarter campaign:

Aisha Tyler to Make Feature Directing Debut on Kickstarter-Funded ‘Axis’

Brought this over here too since EBR is supposed to be a small part of it. 

Link to article:

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/aisha-tyler-directing-debut-kickstarter-axis-1201752057/

Link to crowdfunding site:  (Shrug, not my thing but SA got to promote his so why not EBR too?)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/axisfilm/axis?token=2f3d6003

• Love 1

CgIvlF0UEAA7gaa.jpg

From Stephen's Instagram: "Our finale is really shaping up."

Doesn't seem like he's in costume or anything spoilery, that's why I'm posting this here. Although I was going to jokingly ask if Felicity took away the team's motorbikes :P

• Love 1

I have no idea how to embed and/or link to a Snapchat vid but SA posted one a few hours ago about the evolution of the Arrow suit mentioning his cold arms. Suck it, SA! That's what you get. How about you suggest yet another modification and make it attractive again?

• Love 10

Maybe he just doesn't want to be shirtless as much. Maybe that is why Sally isn't a main character anymore. Because he spent a lot of time at the gym in the last few months, he could probably show off if he wanted too.

Edited by Belinea

I'm glad he's proud of something that he knows a lot about. But the idea that he spends so much time looking at other guys' abs is a little disturbing.

Oh...you say disturbing...I say....HoYAY!

• Love 6

Someone on Twitter said it was going to be on a boat. Regardless, I can't imagine the official wrap party would be at her apartment. I really think they'd have an actual venue...it'd probably be at least scores, if not hundreds, of people, right?

It's adorable that they're pre-gaming at her pad.

It looks like they're pre-gaming at EBRs place? :p

CgNydZ7UIAA5lx2.jpg

CgNydQYWEAAcwsm.jpg

Snapchat with SA/CR: https://twitter.com/smoaked_queen/status/721544397305880577

EBR singing? :p: https://twitter.com/smoaked_queen/status/721540991380021249

SA being jealous that people think EK has the best snapchat: https://twitter.com/OverLordSmoak/status/721537832339247104

EBR's mom/CR: https://twitter.com/smoaked_queen/status/721538499736956928

• Love 9

CR tweeted that the Arrow Wrap Party was going on, but then where are DR, PB and the crew?

And I don't think the show would use EBR's place for the party.

I'm confused. 

Someone on Twitter said it was going to be on a boat. Regardless, I can't imagine the official wrap party would be at her apartment. I really think they'd have an actual venue...it'd probably be at least scores, if not hundreds, of people, right?

It's adorable that they're pre-gaming at her pad.

I think the boat thing was a mistaken assumption based on SA's snapchat of him taking the ferry to get somewhere. 

CR tweeted that the Arrow Wrap Party was going on, but then where are DR, PB and the crew?

And I don't think the show would use EBR's place for the party.

I'm confused

I think they're just pre-gaming at her place. The party before the party. Although it's a pretty darn rocking pre-party.

It's adorable that EBR's mom is there, and that she and CR met/hugged.

I think the boat thing was a mistaken assumption based on SA's snapchat of him taking the ferry to get somewhere. 

That seems reasonable. I still don't see how the actual official Arrow party could be at her place, though. 

• Love 1

That seems reasonable. I still don't see how the actual official Arrow party could be at her place, though. 

I don't think it is, but so far it looks like it's the actors and their friends/family at her place pre-partying. They can probably show up at the actual party, wherever it is, fashionably late. It's only 9 right now on the West Coast.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2

They sure seem happy, and relaxed in each others' company. It's almost like they're all...not missing anyone. Like...a big hole hasn't been left in their daily working lives. Like...there's no one who should be at the SHOW wrap party who isn't. 

Strange.

• Love 11

They sure seem happy, and relaxed in each others' company. It's almost like they're all...not missing anyone. Like...a big hole hasn't been left in their daily working lives. Like...there's no one who should be at the SHOW wrap party who isn't.

Strange.

I just can't seem to get where you're going with this.

• Love 4

Willa is me.

Where's DR?

LOL actually David was apparently at the gym. I approve

CgOJ-luW4AA38ha.jpg

Was Poppy really the first one there?

And apparently people said she was the first one there because the photo she took on snapchat made it look like no one was there

Edited by wonderwall

Apparently I have a lot of time on twitter because apparently I'm doing a LOTR marathon and I can't focus right now :p

So here's drunk Stephen who is having trouble getting up and walking straight: https://twitter.com/smoaked_queen/status/721575692140421120

A drunk Neal making a speech: https://twitter.com/OverLordSmoak/status/721577334667501568

Stephen singing and KC is there too: https://twitter.com/smoaked_queen/status/721578417863266304

SA/KC dancing (sorta): https://twitter.com/smoaked_queen/status/721578923784441856

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2