Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

May I extend tweets from DR's panel as an olive branch so we can get back on topic?

tw_dr_zps44teg6mn.png

tw_dr2_zpsr4vs7bbg.png

tw_dr1_zpsgttcuo8i.png

Show, can we, please, embrace this attitude? It's so much more sensible than Malcolm's pseudo care and other characters buying it.

tw_jb_zpsc1pw2e6q.png

• Love 3

I don't usually buy merchandise for shows I watch - or anything, really - but those damn Funkos are so cute I might just make an exception. Gahh!

Do it. They're so adorable T_T This is the first piece of show merchandise I've ever bought (Excluding the amount I donated to the VM movie, which I got a great autograph from Jason Dohring and the DVD ;)) and I don't regret it!

• Love 2

More vid clips from this weekend's Dallas ComicCon...

Stephen Amell Q & A highlight (talks about TMNT2 movie)
Published on Feb 15, 2016, by Temple of Geek

John Barrowman and Mini-Quinn DCC 2016
Published on Feb 14, 2016, by Arrow TV12

John Barrowman Performs "A Thousand Years" at Dallas Comic Con Fan Days 2016
Published on Feb 14, 2016, by Skaldic Media

Some pics from Dallas ComicCon...
https://twitter.com/kooseman/status/699022893003345920
https://twitter.com/carlabell02/status/699008030042533889
https://twitter.com/dallascomiccon/status/698977229385154561

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Check out the Olicity-related reply tweets to this recent DC Comics poll...

DC Comics‏ @DCComics
Valentine's Day is here, so we want to know; Who's your favorite DC ship? The vote is open until midnight PST.
36%  Batman & Catwoman
14%  Grayson & Starfire
41%  Joker & Harley Quinn
09%  Batwoman & Maggie

17,317 votes • Final results
10:01 AM - 14 Feb 2016

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/698929978713333760

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Serious question.  Is there a specific reason that these people cite "extended filming" as an excuse for cancelling their con appearances when they're clearly not actually filming?  Do the people that organize the cons have some list of accepted excuses for getting out of your appearance, or something?  Why not just tell the truth and say you're going to Fashion Week?  I mean, you're not fooling anyone here...there's photographic evidence of what you're really doing!

• Love 6

According to these tweets, EK in a periscope vid (no longer viewable) indicated that he knows who's in the grave and can't say and that he has no clue what episode it'll be in:

https://twitter.com/EchoK/status/698708028938268672

At this weekend's Dallas ComicCon, SA said that he didn't know yet who's in the grave.  Hmm...

I don't know is probably the easiest and quickest way to shut down a line of questioning.  They have really clamped down on spoilers this year and I imagine TPTB would be highly upset if one of the actors/crew spilled that particular info. 

Yeah, after MG and WM's visit to set, and SA's tweet about the script that it's highly likely that everyone knows who's in the grave. Saying they don't know - like SA did - is just a good way of shutting down the questioning, like @Sunshine wrote. 

Also, if KC is going to keep canceling fan events to do fashion stuff, she should probably figure out a better way to post about it. It's a difficult line to walk, switching out one thing for another when she's trying to get the blog some exposure, but someone on her team needs to help her out with that, since it comes off as, "I canceled on you, sorry, but look at this fun thing I'm doing instead!" Even if it's just advising her not to book anything outside of Arrow during Fashion Week just in case something comes up. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5

Serious question.  Is there a specific reason that these people cite "extended filming" as an excuse for cancelling their con appearances when they're clearly not actually filming?  Do the people that organize the cons have some list of accepted excuses for getting out of your appearance, or something?  Why not just tell the truth and say you're going to Fashion Week?  I mean, you're not fooling anyone here...there's photographic evidence of what you're really doing!

Work obligations is most cited.  Perhaps DallasComicCon made an assumption.  Katie saying work obligations isn't a lie.  My question would be did she get a last minute invite?  (No clue how NYFW works).  Shortly after being stranded in NY for HVFF NJ Katie tweeted something about when you think things are falling apart they just are starting to fall into place. Some assumed she was talking about Arrow.  Perhaps she was referencing her fashion blog?  If that's the case then her last minute cancellation is even worse because if fans were travelling to Dallas primarily to see KC they might be able to get refunds for her photo ops but they might be out the cost of travel as some hotels require 24-48 hours cancellation notice without penalty.  Danielle at least cancelled a week out.

Why doesn't KC just not schedule a con in February? Fashion Week and the Dallas con are around the same time every year. Problem solved. Instead she let's her fans spend tons of money twice (last year and this year) hoping to see her then she cancels at the last minute.

I'm also assuming she knew months in advance when fashion week was so she could've cancelled her con appearance months ago.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 12

Yeah, how does Fashion week work? Do they need an invite to attend?

A lot of the shows are by invitation only. But then they also have bigger events that are open to more people, like fashion blogs, magazines and the like. I believe.

• Love 1
Seriously. Someday, I will get to write the Black Canary for tv again and I will make her the goddamn BLACK CANARY.

Hmm.  Is this shade for Arrow writing the Black Canary but making her the WHITE CANARY?  I'm just going to pretend it is.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 4

Hmm. Is this shade for Arrow writing the Black Canary but making her the WHITE CANARY? I'm just going to pretend it is.

Even if it's not. I love that a Comic Black Canary writer sees nothing Black Canary in Laurel. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5

I know that GS always says she has never seen Arrow, but I have a hard time believing she never checked it out. I would be at least curious.

She's changed her story -- back during the hiatus between S1 and S2, someone I follow on Twitter asked her if she'd seen the show, and she replied that she'd seen some of it. I figured she hated it, and it's more diplomatic to say she hasn't seen it.

• Love 5

Apparently Danielle Panabaker - who also cancelled a scheduled appearance at Dallas ComicCon - was at NY Fashion Week...

There goes my defending Danielle Panabaker about The Flash.

There is something off to me about deciding to cancel appearances for fans about the role making you popular in favor of parties and extreme fashion.  Although I understand now why DP and KC are roommates.

• Love 2

Yeah, after MG and WM's visit to set, and SA's tweet about the script that it's highly likely that everyone knows who's in the grave. Saying they don't know - like SA did - is just a good way of shutting down the questioning, like @Sunshine wrote. 

Also, if KC is going to keep canceling fan events to do fashion stuff, she should probably figure out a better way to post about it. It's a difficult line to walk, switching out one thing for another when she's trying to get the blog some exposure, but someone on her team needs to help her out with that, since it comes off as, "I canceled on you, sorry, but look at this fun thing I'm doing instead!" Even if it's just advising her not to book anything outside of Arrow during Fashion Week just in case something comes up. 

I think it's hard for her to see if she has time to do that or something else, it's not easy to cancel, I hope it will update, because it is true that it is quite incomprehensible for the fans, but, i mean, she is an actress, model and a fashion blog

Katie used to cancel cons very often last year talking about "work obligations" and no one really knew what she meant. Last year she was supposed to be in Dallas for the con, she cancelled and than it came out she was shopping in Dallas because she posted about it herself. I don't know how the fans felt about it..LOL

At least this time she had some sort of excuse, but if she gave a few days of notice maybe the con could have replaced her with someone else, like they did with DP.

When I clicked the Twitter link above, I saw the below update. It is perfectly fine that KC runs a blog. That is legitimate work and being at Fashion Week is part of that. It's that she and/or her people should have never booked the Dallas Con to begin with knowing there would be a conflict. (And it doesn't take more than a Google search to know there would be a conflict.)

Katie Cassidy ‏@MzKatieCassidy  2h2 hours ago
To clarify, I had work in NYC. Not work for arrow, but work for my fashion blog @TomboyKC

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 7

I think she owes more to her own business than to a few geeks at a convention. No-one owes anyone at these conventions jack.

Those "few geeks" are her fans though. And fans who paid money to see her. Checking she is free or at least giving a few days of notice seems like common, decent behavior to me. It's about respecting people.

• Love 20

I think she owes more to her own business than to a few geeks at a convention. No-one owes anyone at these conventions jack.

When you make a commitment, you owe it to the person you are making that commitment to, to follow through. There's a difference between not making the commitment to go at all (EBR, GG) and saying you are going, and then bailing at the last minute, repeatedly. 

Edit: I just googled it, and apparently the dates for New York Fashion Week 2017 are already set, so really there is no excuse for KC a) scheduling a con this week and b) scheduling it, and then cancelling it at the last minute imo.

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 15

Well then why did she book the con in the first place? It's not like the dates for both events weren't known way in advance. She didn't have to wait until the last minute to cancel. Even Danielle gave them a week's notice, something KC didn't bother to do.

• Love 6

Oh man. That's quite an underestimation of  the power of the THOUSANDS of "geeks" that go to conventions to see her specifically.  These cons are not cheap. And these geeks buy a LOT of Arrow/Black Canary mdse. It's not as though this is the first time she's done this either.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3

And according to this forum they all hate her.

Wouldn't surprise me if she's 'advised strongly' to go by the overgrown teenagers that run Arrow and needs another work commitment to get out of it.

I'm really hoping it's Laurel who's killed off mostly so Katie can move on to a show where she's treated with respect.

No one ever said they all hate her, where are you getting that? I wouldn't pay to see her there, and it seems as if a lot of other posters wouldn't, but her actual fans do, which is why she agrees to go in the first place. They're money-making opportunities for these people, and some choose not to participate, like Emily and Grant Gustin, and others do. Katie's one who chooses to go, but seems to cancel pretty often, which has to disappoint her fans. But, hey...if she doesn't care, then I sure don't. Just seems like a bad move to repeatedly make. 

• Love 9

And according to this forum they all hate her.

Wouldn't surprise me if she's 'advised strongly' to go by the overgrown teenagers that run Arrow and needs another work commitment to get out of it.

I'm really hoping it's Laurel who's killed off mostly so Katie can move on to a show where she's treated with respect.

Regardless of the outlet discussing the show, she has thousands of fans that like her and Laurel and her version of Black Canary. It's those convention goers that she is disappointing with these last minute cancellations.

• Love 4

This could have been easily avoided for KC if she herself would have stated the reason of her absence from the con. She was still fav things about the con on Wednesday. Even fav the cons countdown with LL as BC. But she choose to leave the explanation to the con and they stated it was due to filming for #Arrow. Now it seems her choosing to go to NYFW was a last minute decision and that makes no sense.

No one is forcing her to go to conventions. The network has nothing to do with Con appearances except for San Diego Comic Con. The point is that she agrees to go, and then bails out last minute, or she goes but shows up late and misses scheduled photo and autograph sessions. If her business is more important, then she shouldn't agree to go in the first place.

• Love 9

If she needs an excuse to skip the fan commitment, then she shouldn't keep re-booking more cons and cancelling them too.  If she's only doing it for the Arrow bosses, cancelling at the last minute to shop or prioritize Fashion Week isn't going to win her favors either with the producers or the fans.

I appreciate that she's trying to set up a fashion business but who does she think is going to go to her blog to read what she thinks is the new big fashions?  The fans of her TV shows, I'd venture.  I looked at it but as far as I could see, there's nothing on her blog that is different or new enough to read unless you like her acting work.

• Love 1