Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I'm impressed with the bottle of champagne as a Thank you.  Classy.

i'd bet my monthly wages it was probably not actually Champagne but sparkling wine from a different region in France or another country. Most people often use the term Champagne to describe all sparkling wine.

• Love 1

i'd bet my monthly wages it was probably not actually Champagne but sparkling wine from a different region in France or another country. Most people often use the term Champagne to describe all sparkling wine.

Sure but honestly I feel like the people in the Champagne region of France demanding that no one else use the term Champagne are just being pretentious.  It's all sparkling wine.  Just like all colored, flavored sweetened gelatin dessert is Jello to me.  I don' t care.  :D

• Love 10

Sure but honestly I feel like the people in the Champagne region of France demanding that no one else use the term Champagne are just being pretentious.  It's all sparkling wine.  Just like all colored, flavored sweetened gelatin dessert is Jello to me.  I don' t care.  :D

Not really, Champagne is called after the region it is made in (I can't remember the when and why for it, I can look it up if someone is super interested), so in a sense the name symbolize where the wine is made and in it the uniqueness of that region and the wine; so calling an Italian or a US or any other non Champagne region sparkling wine "Champagne" and not "Champagne style" (if it is made in the same way) is pretty much stealing that region name. Champagne is a sparkling wine like any other- no one says it isn't, but it is called "Champagne" because it is made in the Champagne region (it's also not the only wine in the world to be called after the region it is made in, but it is the most famous one).

I'm trying to find a good US type comparison but the only one I can think of is the Manhattan - NY state one, and I don't think it works as good.

BTW if I were you I wouldn't tell a french-person, let alone one from Champagne what you wrote, you may find yourself sleeping with the vines. Just Sayin.. :-)

Edited by foreverevolving

BTW if I were you I wouldn't tell a french-person, let alone one from Champagne what you wrote, you may find yourself sleeping with the vines. Just Sayin.. :-)

Oh I know the bear I was poking.  I just think the reasoning behind not letting anyone else call their sparkling wine Champagne when it has the same basic properties is as absurd as not letting any cheeses be identified as cheddar just because it's not made in the British village of Cheddar in Somerset. 

It has nothing to do with special properties or even quality control, it's just marketing.  Pretty effective marketing since people will passionately defend the differences but to me it's like an edict being laid down that coffee could only be called coffee if it's grown in Columbia or Chocolate only is chocolate if it's the best from say Belgium.  The waxy crap from Hershey's is chocolate too.  Being the region that invented or even perfected anything doesn't mean IMO a monopoly should be allowed on the term that is most familiar to the public.  

And with that, I step off my soap box.  ;D

Pap pics of SA and his wife on vacay on Twitter, etc. At least one pic includes a fairly impressive SA beer gut, but I'm sure it's just vacay bod + an unflattering angle

And now I want to see it just to see how fast he gets back into shape.  Should do a countdown to see long til he's shirtless again.

• Love 5

With the quasi-beer gut, two necklaces with I think two pendants each, and mustache, he looks like a New Jersey car salesman. 

It's the necklaces that get me. His whole style is why I can never view SA as remotely as hot as I do Oliver.

• Love 5

Oh come on! There's more to Jersey then the freaking Soprano's and those Jersey Shore idiots (who are from Staten Island).

As for SA, I've never found him hot but the beer gut is a turn off. No doubt he'll be back in shape fairly soon. Frankly, everyone deserves a chance to be lazy on their Vacation

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Oh come on! There's more to Jersey then the freaking Soprano's and those Jersey Shore idiots (who are from Staten Island).

As for SA, I've never found him hot but the beer gut is a turn off. No doubt he'll be back in shape fairly soon. Frankly, everyone deserves a chance to be lazy on their Vacation

Yeah, I should have specified the Jersey Shore. I lived in Maplewood for a year and the men were perfectly normal. Mostly NYC commuters.

I'm not criticizing the gut. I'm assuming most of it is a bad angle/deep breath/a couple actual beers and real food. I'm sure it'll be gone in a few weeks. 

I think it is a bad angle, so I'm ok with all those pics. The necklaces are interesting accessories, but they don't bother me. Not saying I want him to wear them, just saying they're not a deal breaker. I'm more put off by the length of his hair. It's at that awkward stage again where he needs to grow it or cut it.

Looks like someone might be taking advantage of upcoming plot developments & possibility of decreased shirtless scenes. Although he should really be doing the salmon ladder on repeat to improve FS quality of life with the withholding & the whole post limo repercussions.

• Love 3

I'm pretty sure Stephen Amell always looks like that. He's got real functional muscles versus an actor who just wants the six-pack. Amell could literally go out and start jumping between buildings and crime fighting if he wanted to. It's a similar thing between competitive body builders and strongmen. The body builder is actually at their weakest during comps, starving and dehydrated, to get that sculpted look. While strongmen have the gut and look like they just came out of a buffet because they legitimately need the energy.

I think this video of his season one workouts is a pretty good example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43FMVVTx8-I. Amell's always had a slightly gutty, love handles look because I think he has real strength and endurance that doesn't necessarily come from a lot of sit-ups. 

• Love 8

That's pretty impression research and editing on that video.

Watching that season 1 Oliver working-out video reminds me that SA gets defensive about the rope climb because it was much harder for him to do than the salmon ladder which is what always gets the attention.

You're most likely right because genuine Champagne tends to be very expensive.  Like most of the rest of us, SA probably uses it as a generic term. The problem is that there is no good alternative; I dislike the term "sparking wine" because it always makes me think of sparkling cider which I think of as a drink for kids and adolescents.

Sending over champagne/sparkling wine kicks it up a notch from sending over a bottle of wine, which still would be a nice thing to do.  (A friend of mine, when her husband became successful, always kept a bottle of Veuve Cliquot in the fridge in case any one dropped over for an afternoon.  I do the same but mine is an inexpensive Hungarian sparkling wine.  (Tastes really good though.))

• Love 2

I don't remember where we were talking about the Felicity Smoak pop but I talked to the people at GameStop and they said they would be in by the end of the week.

Oh, goody! The lady from Funko Pop who worked on the Felicity doll posted a bunch of photos on Twitter today and the detail on that doll is pretty damn cool, from the earrings to the tablet. It looks really good. Can't wait to get mine.

You're most likely right because genuine Champagne tends to be very expensive.  Like most of the rest of us, SA probably uses it as a generic term. The problem is that there is no good alternative; I dislike the term "sparking wine" because it always makes me think of sparkling cider which I think of as a drink for kids and adolescents.

Sending over champagne/sparkling wine kicks it up a notch from sending over a bottle of wine, which still would be a nice thing to do.  (A friend of mine, when her husband became successful, always kept a bottle of Veuve Cliquot in the fridge in case any one dropped over for an afternoon.  I do the same but mine is an inexpensive Hungarian sparkling wine.  (Tastes really good though.))

Well I think the British use "Bubbly" to describe any sparkling wine.

Oh there's some pretty incredible sparkling wine out there not from Champagne! some of it even made in the same method (traditional method) and it will usually be cheeper. Also you can also find meh quality Champagne from Champagne!- it exists.

• Love 2

Go to link for more pics of EBR on vacation this week...

Arrow star Emily Bett Rickards shows plenty of skin in tiny halter-neck bikini and plunging cover-up as she cosies up to pals during beach day in Miami
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3380936/Arrow-star-Emily-Bett-Rickards-shows-plenty-skin-tiny-halter-neck-bikini-plunging-cover-cosies-pals-beach-day-Miami.html

2FB69C7C00000578-3380936-image-a-28_1451  2FB69C4800000578-3380936-image-m-27_1451

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I love the cover-up on the beach.

And the pic of them getting ready makes me giggle in that it's so typical for a group of girls getting ready. Right down to the glasses on the floor.

There is so much shit in the Olicity tag on Tumblr but none of it relates to Olicity. Why do people do that, seriously does anyone know why?

I love the cover-up on the beach.

And the pic of them getting ready makes me giggle in that it's so typical for a group of girls getting ready. Right down to the glasses on the floor.

I would love to see Emily's family. She seems to be traveling almost every holiday. Just curious as to what her family and home life looks like.

Edited by Ann Mack

People please don't come for me. Although Stephen posted this and said this I just don't get this vibe from him towards her. I don't know him or her personally but I just get more of the father/daughter closeness from him and sort of a disconnect between him and his wife. I just feel like from his comments he is trying to convince himself and others as well.  Like I said folks please DO NOT come for me, I'm just expressing my opinion from a feeling I get and nothing more!

12393930_758223570948125_765918850_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAA41_6SNFY/

Edited by Ann Mack

I don't care about their marriage, like at all. I care about how well he plays Oliver Queen, and I'd prefer he not say racist or sexist things bc that affects my enjoyment of how he plays Oliver Queen.  I am mildly curious why the screed, though. I mean who cares what some random twitter people say about your marriage? But he seems historically to get really defensive about stuff, so it's pretty consistent.

• Love 2