Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

So I know we talked about it in a thread somewhere but I think if LL is the one dead its going to be harder to tell from a social media perspective. Because I think she is going to take a page from House of Cards and have a whole bunch if pre-shot BTS photos and release then strategically through the remaining episodes she did not film. That is what HoC did for Kate Mara to throw people off the scent. I think its gonna be harder sleuthing this time around, now that they know we are all looking for who is dead.

I'm sorry if this comes off mean to some who like her but, she really annoys me with the way she has to post things that minute. Then she does that thing where she posts old ass photos when an episode doesn't go her way. Especially considering most of the time she's using EBR.

I think that's a big overreaction in general. Using her? She's not some master manipulator

Katie drank a little to much...she was LATE, but she was lovely to meet. I got the "under contract" line lol after I took a selfie with her and she saw my pic lying there and asked if it needed to be signed. I said "if your feeling generous, but I didn't pay for an "autograph" and she said she she was sorry, she wishes she could but they aren't suppose to. She seems like very by the rules but she was laid back. Paul was very chill and took some free selfies with people who stopped him between taking his scheduled photoshoot and walking back to his booth.

Edited by Primal Slayer

To anyone who was at the con in Louisville today, did KC truly get a phone call and also text during the panel?

I saw some live tweets from the panel about it, but I struggle to believe she'd actually do that.  That's incredibly unprofessional.

Edited by writersblock51

I think it's kind of shitty to show up hungover when people pay so much to see you. And this isn't a shot at Katie at all it seemed to be common knowledge that most of the Arrow contingent were up to some drunken shenanigans last night. I mean, VIP packages DEFINITELY aren't cheap, neither are the autographs or photographs. Then you show up 1/4 in the bag? Nah. 

At least they all to be somewhat on their game, haha.

I think it's kind of shitty to show up hungover when people pay so much to see you. And this isn't a shot at Katie at all it seemed to be common knowledge that most of the Arrow contingent were up to some drunken shenanigans last night. I mean, VIP packages DEFINITELY aren't cheap, neither are the autographs or photographs. Then you show up 1/4 in the bag? Nah. 

At least they all to be somewhat on their game, haha.

I agree - it's not cute or funny, IMO.  I'm pretty liberal about many things but that's disrespectful to the fans who've paid tickets to attend, possibly/likely traveled to see you, waited in line, and then paid more for autographs, photo ops, etc.  And meanwhile, the actors are paid, right?  Seems unprofessional and more than a little shitty.

John Barrowman is nuts on fresh air and I suspect he carried the weight of much of the panel (again, going by the live tweets that I saw) because (1) he's John Barrowman and (2) the rest of the cast may not have been all that equipped to do their jobs?

I'm just speculating, of course.  I wasn't there.

I wasn't at the panel so can't confirm, but as far her showing up hungover, you could tell that she was tired, but she was all smiles and conversing with fans. Willa was late as well but got there before Cassidy by like 30-40 mins. All the guys were there on time.

I heard that her phone went off, but I didn't hear anything about her actually taking a call.

What I am curious about is if she is under some type of twitter management because a tweet showed up when she was at the panel. She was apparently on her phone but the tweet was about doing a photo shoot. That just seemed like a really odd tweet. I'm wondering if someone didn't realize the timing when they tweeted that.

I agree - it's not cute or funny, IMO. I'm pretty liberal about many things but that's disrespectful to the fans who've paid tickets to attend, possibly/likely traveled to see you, waited in line, and then paid more for autographs, photo ops, etc. And meanwhile, the actors are paid, right? Seems unprofessional and more than a little shitty.

I'm pretty sure the actors set their photo/autograph and VIP prices, and probably get to keep a big chunk of that? I mean, I know they're not doing brain surgery, and showing up hungover to an appearance is different than if I showed up to work hungover, but if you're asking your fans to pay that kind of money to see you (not counting their travel costs), then at the VERY least, don't talk about how drunk you got last night/how hungover you are this morning.

• Love 2

SA, DR, EBR and Manu Bennett went out the night before the con they were at in Chicago 2 years ago. EBR was there on time, SA, DR and MB were 30 minutes late. And it was annoying after paying all that money and waiting in line for over an hour to be told that they were late because they went out partying.

I don't mind partying, but if I knew I had to be somewhere I was being paid to be at, I would not have gone out or called it in early. They are not only getting paid to show up, they get some cut of the photo ops and autographs that go for 40+ for most of them now. I'm still angry that they used to be FREE!. No one's getting a free autograph from Joss Whedon anymore.  

I'm lucky enough that the convention center is 5 minutes from my house so my travel cost is low. I talked to another person in line for the Team Arrow pic (we bonded over our hatred of Laurel back in 2013) she drove there from Kansas City, so that's gas, hotel stay and food added onto the admission price, autographs and photos. 

• Love 7

What is really ridiculous is that an autograph is $40, Selfie $20-30 (except for Barrowman/Amell who didn't allow selfies), and actual photoshoot is $50-$65. After this con, I realized it is most likely cheaper to just do a selfie/autograph combo, especially when I spent a full minute talking to them instead of 5 seconds that it took to shuffle me in/out of the photoshoot. Though Katie being late paid off for some people since they got to get free selfies/autographs from her (I left right before they handed those out which pissed me off)

The autographs are more worth it if you want to talk to them. I was lucky as well for EBR and CL, no one was in line. EBR was towards the end when they were closing and CL got there early so they moved her time up. I got to talk to them for about 15 minutes. 

They move you through the photo ops so quickly, so it was most likely the photo was taken before his arm moved. 

Edited by Sakura12

Yeah, the autographs were worth it for sure. I thought it was interesting, I was watching people while I was waiting in line to get SA's autograph in Chicago, and no one really said much to him. Kind of by accident, he and I ended up talking for almost 3 minutes, before the line manager got impatient, haha.

Question for you guys that have met SA: what are the chances that I'd be able to ask him to tape a short message for my friend that can't be there? Is that sort of thing allowed at the autograph session? I have a VIP ticket for the fan fest in San Jose.

Question for you guys that have met SA: what are the chances that I'd be able to ask him to tape a short message for my friend that can't be there? Is that sort of thing allowed at the autograph session? I have a VIP ticket for the fan fest in San Jose.

I'd say that the chances are pretty slim - you'd have a better shot if you ran into him at a bar or outside of his con "duties." I think he'd be reluctant to do it, because that would open up the opportunity for everyone else behind you to ask, and he'd have to say no to them if he said yes to you. 

• Love 1

Pretty slim to none. Usually they don't like people videoing but it all depends on who his "supervisor" (whoever the person is sitting next to him) is/how strict they are and just how friendly he feels. Might as well try, could maybe do it if your taking a selfie with him (if he is allowing them when you meet him)

• Love 1

I'd say that the chances are pretty slim - you'd have a better shot if you ran into him at a bar or outside of his con "duties." I think he'd be reluctant to do it, because that would open up the opportunity for everyone else behind you to ask, and he'd have to say no to them if he said yes to you. 

That's a good point. Maybe I'll try to catch him at the Nocking Point party. I'm just trying to figure out something I could do for my friend who's a big fan of SA and wanted to be there but can't because she's with her dad while he's getting treatment for lung cancer.

Edited by lemotomato

That's a good point. Maybe I'll try to catch him at the Nocking Point party. I'm just trying to figure out something I could do for my friend who's a big fan of SA and wanted to be there but can't because she's with her dad while he's getting treatment for lung cancer.

Catch him at the party and tell him that, and he'd probably do it. He's an incredibly nice guy, and good to his fans, so it's at least worth a shot.

• Love 2

Considering his mom is a cancer survivor your odds may be in your favor.. but I would still try outside of the con or try and get up to ask a questions during a panel he is on- he may tell you to stick around and do it once the panel is over- people have asked for a picture in past cons and sometimes he tell them "after the panel".

All of this said without every meeting him or being at a con. lol. just pure guesses :-)

• Love 1

The autographs are monitored and if you linger they will tell you to move on. Unless you get him at a time where there is very few people in line, which for SA would be rare.

If you're going to the Nocking Point party, I'd recommend asking him there. I'd also do it earlier before he gets too drunk. :D

• Love 2

It's a mature answer.

He really is a contradiction. Sometimes there's the velociraptor, and at other times there's this.

Human nature.  Few people are total idiots or assholes, or thoughtful and mature, all the time.  I definitely think he has a good heart.

• Love 10

Never been to any cons, so don't know protocol. But I would lead with the Cancer part, that makes your request more emotional and personal. Especially considering his F cancer campaign. Also I feel like people are right, that finding him in a less structured setting is probably best

• Love 2

Loved his answer and I heard a young girl asked him this question

I love that he gives this answer to a young girl. Who by the way, was there in a Batman costume, which I found so cute. He could have said something along the lines of because she's pretty and funny, but he went for something deeper.