Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Parker Young is cute. His character should also pitch the idea of shooting a calender with dudes in suspenders featuring Oliver, Dig and himself. I suspect Quentin doesn't look bad in them either if he's less frosty with Oliver by this point. it could draw voters

Parker Young is cute. His character should also pitch the idea of shooting a calender with dudes in suspenders featuring Oliver, Dig and himself. I suspect Quentin doesn't look bad in them either if he's less frosty with Oliver by this point. it could draw voters

Well if QL is still frosty he can get January - that's a really frosty month. :)

• Love 1

KCs panel in Baltimore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKOxjLOmTMc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR1-v80PmqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLLIW42EdRI

I just wanna say Katie that getting a love interest isnt character growth.

I completely disagree. Maybe not for yourself personally but a) it depends on the person she gets involved with and b)for someone like Laurel it absolutely is necessary for her to explore a relationship with someone to stay connected to the world, particularly when it's not Oliver.

She's been alone on her own metaphorical island since Tommy died, shutting people out and focusing solely on work and crime-fighting. It's not healthy not to date and/or avoid intimacy with someone and to throw yourself entirely into vigilantism without love that's what the entire arc of Olicity was about last season.

Thanks for posting, it's much appreciated. KC is adorable and glad to see she's on board with a new love interest for Laurel. Also what a trooper to be smiling so much and so engaging on no sleep.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

Stephen is waxing all philosophical on his facebook again. All in all typical start of a season stuff. Although he does take a stance on why he doesn't always take a stance on cyber abuse on both Facebook & Twitter.

My fav quote -

I wrote this post the other day and didn't publish it because, A. It was late. B. I was tired... and C. Sometimes you should just let things marinate. Anyway... I've had some time to think about it, and to fold it in to this long post allows me the chance to say, there is no anger in these words. Just hopefully, some perspective and maybe even an explanation! Imagine that

Perhaps our little man is learning from his former mistakes... Yes SA, let stuff marinate before you post. He even shows some baby steps of acceptance that Twitter is not the best platform for him.

Twitter: I don't think that vitriol and hatred spewed largely - but not always - from essentially anonymous profiles deserve recognition. Concurrently, you can only be so offended when these attacks don't seem to firmly separate actual people from fictional characters. Moreover, I don't think that twitter as a platform lends itself to a reasonable form of debate. (I've thought this for some time, which makes my hot take a few weeks ago progressively less sensical / more patently stupid with each passing day.)

Hopefully, this will lead to some growth and he will learn to stay off of twitter for his existential debates and commentary on stuff he is not really qualified to comment on. Because it was both non-sensical & patently stupid. I would also say uninformed, hurtful and offensive at times. But hey, baby steps.

• Love 4

JFC is he still butt hurt over people calling him out on his shit. What a fuckin baby. I could understand if it was EBR or KC complaining about the abuse they get, or Barrowman complaining about the homophobes telling him he's going to hell. But this man baby, his problem is not everyone kisses his ass.

He is one of only two straight white guys on Arrow, and the other one sticks his neck out for social causes. I don't believe he gets anywhere near the abuse the others get. But none of them complain and whine like this.

JFC is he still butt hurt over people calling him out on his shit. What a fuckin baby. I could understand if it was EBR or KC complaining about the abuse they get, or Barrowman complaining about the homophobes telling him he's going to hell. But this man baby, his problem is not everyone kisses his ass.

He is one of only two straight white guys on Arrow, and the other one sticks his neck out for social causes. I don't believe he gets anywhere near the abuse the others get. But none of them complain and whine like this.

Well... No. I think that post was mostly about the abuse his wife and friends get on a daily basis on Twitter. Not about what happened a couple of weeks ago

Twitter lends itself to debate just fine. But you have to be open to the fact that what you wrote is debatable, which he is not. And if he thinks Facebook is any less anonymous than Twitter, he's sorely mistaken. I have three FB profiles-none of which are under my real name.

Well... No. I think that post was mostly about the abuse his wife and friends get on a daily basis on Twitter. Not about what happened a couple of weeks ago

I'm pretty sure he's addressing the Twitter abuse question because he engaged with a fan a few days ago, and that fan wanted to know why he wasn't defending KC against internet bullies.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5

Twitter lends itself to debate just fine. But you have to be open to the fact that what you wrote is debatable, which he is not. And if he thinks Facebook is any less anonymous than Twitter, he's sorely mistaken. I have three FB profiles-none of which are under my real name.

I was just about to say this. You can easily create a fake FB profile. And unless you post your real name and address, literally everyone is pretty much anonymous. It's ridiculous how he doesn't realize that but whatever.

I'm pretty sure he's addressing the Twitter abuse question because he engaged with a fan a few days ago, and that fan wanted to know why he wasn't defending KC against internet bullies.

Especially ironic considering who asked that question.

SA googles himself. He searches for himself on twitter. I have no doubt that SA is fully aware of the ugliness of some people. Considering that the dude who engages him has sent him previous tweets insulting him and EBR, I'm fairly confident SA knows who he was talking too. 

I don't understand the Facebook v Twitter thing. I only lurk on both but they seem the exact some thing to me. You social media platform to engage with others. You can debate and post media on both. You can be anonymous on both. The idea that one is better than the other has no water. 

For people who are on Facebook, can pages be reported like Twitter?

• Love 2

I don't think Twitter lends itself particularly well to debate, but then neither does Facebook.  Any platform in which there is little to no oversight so you can basically say anything you want, along with the ability to create multiple accounts anonymously is not a place that lends itself well to debate.  

For people who are on Facebook, can pages be reported like Twitter?

Yes, they can.  But like Twitter, it is hit or miss.

Edited by MsSchadenfreude
  • Love 2

That's true in real life too.

At the end of the day, it comes down to who you are debating. You can debate on any social media as long as you are willing to in a respectful manner.

• Love 2

I think the thing with Twitter is that everybody is anonymous because you can't really gauge what a user is as a person unless you really spend time reading their tweets. With Facebook you can go see what they like and dislike and what movies and if they seem to have random friends or personal friends. Even though it still isn't easy to get a correct vibe it is 1000 times easier than Twitter. I personally love Tumblr the best. Twitter is for Celebs I follow and Facebook is for me to connect with my family and games. Tumblr is more about expressing what I like.  

• Love 1

IDK, it's difficult to debate in 140 characters, but it can be done. The rub here is that he's dismissing valid points people were making by dismissing the platform as a whole. What he basically said in his post is that the Internet is full of meanies and he likes to stay within the safe space of his Facebook page because people are nice to him there. Which...if that's what works for him, then have at it, I guess. But if he thinks that people aren't assholes on Facebook, he needs to have a look at basically any page associated with his show. He'll get disabused of that notion really quickly.

I wonder if he's going to have a breakdown when Facebook rolls out the dislike button.

• Love 6

Can someone explain the big deal with the dislike button? I just assumed it would be like any dislike button on a comment section. In which case, I'm not sure what all changes but a fan thumb war.

It's supposed to be an empathy button but people will use it as a hate button. So yeah it'll add a negative aspect when it's not needed. But comments have it all the time and most are used to it. But when you are talking family it can go bad fast...

Can someone explain the big deal with the dislike button? I just assumed it would be like any dislike button on a comment section. In which case, I'm not sure what all changes but a fan thumb war.

This is cool (also a good advertisement for them)...

Best of "Arrow" VFX [VIDEO]
from Zoic Studios 1 day ago
A compilation of the best explosions, mid-air battles, action-packed duels, and of course--archery--from Zoic Studios' work on Seasons 1 - 4 of the hit CW superhero series "Arrow."

To see a larger screen version of this video, use link in either MG tweet...

Marc Guggenheim ‏@mguggenheim
RT A look into some of the most explosive #VFX from @CW_Arrow S1-S3: http://bit.ly/1KXKk4j @ZoicStudios
11:32 AM - 2 Oct 2015

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/650015585590382594

Marc Guggenheim ‏@mguggenheim
What genius looks like: The best of @ZoicStudios's Arrow work from Seasons 1 thru 3:  http://bit.ly/1KXKk4j
11:33 AM - 2 Oct 2015

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/650015770164891648

Edited by tv echo

I guess the best compliment I can give is there were several scenes that I was surprised had special effects used in them, though I am embarrassed that I had never before wondered how they shot tossing Sara off the building. 

I'm also now contemplating how hard it would have been to do this show even a decade ago when the technology might exist but it would have been too cost prohibitive. And what would they have done before?  The joys of minitures? 

Edited by BkWurm1

What I got out of that special effects video is that this show is way, way too dark.  The most easily seen effect is Iron Man... I mean The Atom shooting the plane.

I'd be more impressed with the effects if I could actually see them.

Good VFX, fun to watch. It also made me realize that a lot of why I enjoy watching the show has nothing to do with the VFX effects. So many of those scenes were moments that I didn't really need or want in order to make a good show.

• Love 1

ARROW SHOWRUNNER ON SEASON 4 INTRODUCING

DAMIEN DARHK, "GREEN ARROW" AND MORE HUMOR

- Eric Goldman's Q&A with Wendy Mericle

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/04/arrow-showrunner-on-season-4-introducing-damien-darhk-green-arrow-and-more-humor

Most of the article is spoilery, but this quote I found applicable to the BTS;

IGN: You’ve got a couple characters you've introduced that are moving to Legends of Tomorrow. What’s it like laying the seeds for them to go off to another series and incorporating the various crossovers?

Mericle: One of the things we did this year was really have someone in charge of just tracking all the different-- we have such a big universe now. The crossovers are so exciting but they’re challenging as well because you’re balancing where everybody is and these various places in the season. We really do arc stuff out in groups of nine. 1-9 and 10-18 and then the finales. If you don’t know where Barry is, you run the risk of… If you have him in episode 408, you have to make sure all the storylines line up. It gets complicated because you want to make sure you’re honoring the evolution of all these characters. We’re definitely doing that and it’s going to be fun and complicated.

All I've got to say is thank you to whoever finally got the push to assign someone in charge of keeping up with continuity of scripts, characters & plots - especially now that we are moving across 3 shows. I do not envy their job though. Complicated is a nice word to describe what the job is going to be like. I feel like a BTS/Production/Writers Room

floater is more important, than the actual proposed onscreen "floater" character.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 3

^Couldn't watch the whole thing.  The blood grossed me out!  I had the audio off, but I'm guessing she's lip syncing a song?  I've seen quite a few celebrities doing this recently, and it's one of those things I just. don't. get. 

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 1

I wonder if she recorded that recently or she's just posting now? The makeup looks like what she had on when Laurel got beat up in "Canaries"

Also: yeah, that looks really gross.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

If anyone else on the cast posted a video of him/herself with blood all over their face, I promise that I will still comment how gross that looks. Because blood all over anywhere is gross

Edited by lemotomato

I watched it.

She looked gross. Seemed to be in a very good mood and had fun doing it.

She can't dance. At All.

I can't either, it's not judgement but an observation.

Edited by 10Eleven12