Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

He's so dumb. Between this, his "theory" that you shouldn't propose with a ring because women will say yes just because of the shiny rock (bitches be materialistic), and his need to protect his pure daughter from having breakfast in the same estabilishment as a "sexual velociraptor", he's really shown his ass. Not an actor I will support outside of Arrow. I bet his comments end up creating a huge storm - if it's not as big as the Swift thing, it's just because no one knows who he is.

• Love 14

Someone should tell him that this is not about him or his family or the nice people he met. It's like he's taking the criticism of Texas personally, and expressing his defensiveness in the worst way possible.

Honestly, even Lexi Alexander (the director for episode 4) tweeted about being ridiculously embarrassed by his tweets. 

I need David or Lexi to sit him down and explain to him just how wrong he is. 

• Love 3
Between this, his "theory" that you shouldn't propose with a ring because women will say yes just because of the shiny rock (bitches be materialistic)

Hold the phone...what? When did he say that?

I need David or Lexi to sit him down and explain to him just how wrong he is.

ANYONE for pete's sake. 

Edited by wingster55

Stephen is now retweeting shade he's getting. 

Just fucking apologize Stephen. Say you understand that Islamophobia exists. Say you understand Texas is a great state but has problems as shown with how the police and the schools treated Ahmed. And the STFU.

• Love 3

I'm weirdly sad about this.  I mean he seems like a generally smart guy if petulant at times.

But this...I...just ....wtf, Stephen. I mean WTF MAN. 

He is being stupid and stubborn and defensive when it has nothing to do with him.  If he wanted to prove that Texas wasn't filled only with hateful stereotyping and profiling, he should have Tweeted his wife's support of the poor child not his support of Texas.  He totally went about it wrong and then he walked it back and he was SOOOO close to letting the whole thing die and instead his refusal to admit he was wrong dragged him back in.  Stupid boy. 

Someone take his phone away from him before he does more damage. 

He shouldn't even care this much.  He's Canadian for goodness sake!  Just how hurt could his wife and her family have been by just another day of complaining about Texas?  This was soo not worth commenting on let alone worth doubling down on his defense. 

140 characters is a terrible place for a nuanced discussion.  He knows better. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 12

I guess his blindness re racism is a bit of a surprise, but the -isms and defensiveness in general aren't. I mean, we all knew he called some starlet a sexual velociraptor and bragged about removing his toddler daughter from her evil whore presence. He's kind of a blinkered dumbass sometimes.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 2

I'm now to the point that I wish media picks this up and DESTROYS him.

I don't want him destroyed, just forced to see reason. He is being a dumbass.  Nobody really believes everyone in Texas is evil.  Dude, stop being so defensive and pay attention to the real issue, not the one trying to cloud it. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 8

Oh Stephen. You have done so much to help so many people. You have so many people who are still TRYING to support you.  Please, please stop this. Recognize the error of your ways. Make amends.

and STFU. 

I'm now to the point that I wish media picks this up and DESTROYS him.

I don't want this. BkWurm1 said it best.  I want him to fix what he just broke.  And realize if he doesn't now what the problem is.

• Love 8

Yuck. This is all so wrong. Way to make the issue all about you, Stephen.

I know people make mistakes but the fact that he's continuing with this and making it worse is seriously disheartening. So disappointed right now.

Honestly, this is really putting me off watching Arrow now...

I'm convinced that when he settles down he will feel stupid about everything.  Too damn proud probably to ever admit it but something has to seep in.

I can handle him being myopic and stupid.  He thinks he's being a good guy defending people.  He hasn't figured out that his defense of the general population of Texas is missing the point of the incident.  It's a self orientated view of the world that many suffer from but it makes them pitiable in my mind not hateful.  Frustrating as hell, but not bad. 

And when I say I can handle him being myopic and stupid I mean that it's not going to interfere with my show watching, but I will keep shaking my head over his petulant behavior.  Boy has some maturing still to do. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 12

I swear to God I always step away from the internet during the best/worst moments. I just...it's been a bad week for my white male celeb crushes.

This (and the Matt Damon Project Greenlight thing) is about as close to the definition of whitesplaining as it gets. And he will not understand the distinction here because his privilege (and, let's be real, his self-regard) prevents him from seeing the simple key: that a non-oppressed group (Texas...?) can't be systemically harmed by "stereotyping," while members of the oppressed group are actually harmed by that, personally and systemically.

I know his heart is generally in the right place but if he doesn't see that some Texans having a frowny face for a day is not even in the same universe as a 14-year-old Muslim boy being taken from school in handcuffs? His (apparent) first instinct--to stay quiet about real life events on Twitter--was the right one. Think twice, tweet...well, maybe never, SA.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 19

Not only this, I'm disgusted by the people trying to make this about shippers and making fun of people who supported him or using this as a way to leverage their favorite saying "See?! my fave is better than yours". That's NOT the point. Them doing this only shows they're a part of the problem. 

The point isn't to leverage your fave. The point is that SA has over 1 million followers on twitter. It's IMPORTANT for him to use that as a platform to EDUCATE people and not use it to condone ignorance. 

• Love 9

Not only this, I'm disgusted by the people trying to make this about shippers and making fun of people who supported him or using this as a way to leverage their favorite saying "See?! my fave is better than yours". That's NOT the point. Them doing this only shows they're a part of the problem. 

The point isn't to leverage your fave. The point is that SA has over 1 million followers on twitter. It's IMPORTANT for him to use that as a platform to EDUCATE people and not use it to condone ignorance. 

THIS. Just read some comments on ONTD and I'm just…people are pathetic. This is not a competition. 

Well, I don't think he was comparing the two situations, he was just saying that one stereotype does not legitimize the other. People will infer what they want and that has nothing to do with him. I think he's allowed to have an opinion and we may or may not agree with it. All this has been blown wayyyy out of proportion.

YMMV of course. But I just don't get it.

• Love 5

Stephen needs to learn when to step away from twitter. He's ridiculous. I AM from Texas and I'm not remotely offended by anyone rightfully criticizing the current state of things in Irving or Texas in general. Why would I take those critiques personally? It makes no sense. CW actors..I swear they never learn.

He's allowed to have his stupid opinion, and thousands of people on twitter are allowed to call him out on his idiocy. You would never know that he's a grown ass man with the way he acts all personally offended and refuses to be educated on the matter at hand. He stuck his foot in his mouth BIG time, just like Jared Padalecki did concerning PSH.

This isn't the first time he's tweeted stupid shit, and I'm sure it won't be the last. Just like that time he went out to breakfast with his wife and baby daughter & had to whisk them out of there so his precious baby wouldn't be influenced to become a big slut by some young woman (Miley Cyrus?). Didn't he call her an "emotional terrorist"? He needs to learn some discretion.

Edited by grandemocha
  • Love 11

Stephen Amell ‏@amellywood 3m3 minutes ago

Didn't mean to offend anyone. Truthfully. Was simply suggesting that two wrongs don't make a right. I'll go away for a bit now. SA

Well, it's a start.  I guess. 

• Love 2

Well, I don't think he was comparing the two situations, he was just saying that one stereotype does not legitimize the other. People will infer what they want and that has nothing to do with him. I think he's allowed to have an opinion and we may or may not agree with it. All this has been blown wayyyy out of proportion.

If he had stopped at the first couple, it probably wouldn't have gone as far as it did, but he doubled-down, and then not only made fun of people who disagreed with him, but also dismissed and made fun of people who called him out on his white privilege. Given that he's commenting on one of however many incidents that all have to do with race, all of these were dumbass moves. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

See, the thing is, yes SA is allowed his opinion. No, two wrongs don't make a right. But there's a time and a place for such discussion and on a day when we're all supporting Ahmed, SA removed the spotlight from that 14 year old boy and turned it on the wrong issue. That's the problem here. It's like campaigning the 'Black Lives Matter' movement and turning around and saying well actually 'All Lives Matter.' Point missed by a billion miles!