Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

WH and DR seem really close and it's super cute. You can really see it when they're in scenes together, they seem to have a good rapport.

I think that's why I'm SO happy Diggle was who Thea revealed herself to as Speedy, his immediate acceptance of her on her own terms? SNIFF, that's how brothers do, OLIVER.

• Love 7

In the first two seasons, the majority of the cut scenes that ended up on the DVDs (which is not actually the same as the actual number of cut scenes, but moving on) were Laurel scenes. In the first season, this included some Oliver and Laurel scenes, and the scene that sorta explained why Laurel thought it was important to stay in the CNRI offices even after Oliver, Moira and Quentin had told her to leave. In the second season, this included Laurel/Quentin scenes and Laurel/Sebastian scenes.

• Love 1

Oliver v Arrow. It looks like very serious slap-stick; they are about to knock each other.

That's not Roy it's his stunt double, the Atom looks like he is flying in a light bikini, Laurel is throwing a temper tantrum, if I didn't know that was Diggle I wouldn't know that was Diggle, Oliver and Felicity are a harlequin romance cover (heart eyes!), Ra's is better in print form..no beer gut..Thea, Malcolm and Felicity are alright.

• Love 1

I remember MG was all "when you see the deleted scene, you'll know why it was important for Laurel to go back to CNRI". And then I saw the scene and I was all "uh, no".

I think one reason for the number of deleted Laurel scenes in s2 is that most of her storyline was tangential to the main story, but I understand why it makes her fans even angrier.

• Love 4

At City of Heroes, Stephen was just on. He was somewhat confused to arrive on stage alone (they don't do interview format here) but picked it up pretty quickly. Usual mix of OK, insightful & highly cringeworthy questions from the audience. Trying to remember some (no recording allowed). Umm, two of his top five films are Notting Hill & 13 going on 30. He talked a bit about the animated film he's signed up for but isn't allowed to say what it is. His fave Disney movie is Finding Nemo. A voice from the back started asking a question and Stephen couldn't see the questioner "Where are you? It's like the voice of God" Questioner wanted to know who he got on best with on set - half way through SA & audience all twigged it was David Ramsey. DR then came up on stage, general banter ensued. Oh, earlier someone asked about Colton & Stephen went off on a highly amusing ramble about how good looking he was that he just stopped & stared at him sometimes. DR agreed, lots of joking. More I'll try and remember later, Caity's about to be on.

• Love 9
(edited)

Stephen wants to do a lip-sync battle against John Barrowman #coh #thecityofheroes

The Arrow universe will always exist with Roy Harper in it." #arrow #thecityofheroes #coh

Question: "If you could bring back anyone in the Lazurus pit who would it be?"
Stephen: "TOMMY" #arrow

2 truths and 1 lie about #Arrow season 4: It will start with Oliver running / There will be a new lair / He won't be going back to the Island in the flashbacks. #arrow #coh

Caity says there will be lots of crossing over between #LegendsOfTomorrow and #Arrow !!!

Stephen on Legends of Tomorrow: "GOD IM GLAD CAITY LOTZ IS BACK" YASSSSSSSS

#thecityofheroes Amell: favourite villain is barrowman

How does Oliver know which arrow he's pulling out of his stash? Amell: "the answer is yes" #thecityofheroes

On the success of Arrow and other new DC shows - Amell is proud to be the "theoretical captain of the ship" #thecityofheroes

Oliver was originally supposed to drive a BMW in the finale, but Stephen insisted that's not the car Oliver would drive. #CityofHeroes #coh

"Not Oliver Queen good, but for sure, like, Hawkeye good." @amellywood on whether he's as good in real life at shooting. #CityofHeroes

Stephen hopes diggle gets a costume. #thecityofheroes

Stephen wants to wrestle on raw and not just guest host #thecityofheroes #stephenamell

Stephen doesn't get to ride the motorbike, he was sitting on it needing to push it forward but it fell over instead  #thecityofheroes

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 3
(edited)

Brandon will be in S4 of Arrow, probably more towards the beginning. Won't say where LoT takes place (I assume he knows). As far as what Caity said about crossovers - I think a lot of it was what she wants to happen, not what she knows is going to happen.

Caity has no idea who Cupid is.

Edited by Tallis
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ramsey on set shenanigans: "Me and Stephen are just children." "We tried to break Katie Cassidy" #thecityofheroes

Ramsey: "Colton is the easiest one to break" #thecityofheroes

#thecityofheroes David Ramsey says the bromance will carry on between diggle and Oliver

Ramsey: "Diggle is a soldier, if you can't trust the soldier next to you then the entire team is compromised" #thecityofheroes

@david_ramsey "There was a version of the wedding script from 316 in which John's middle name was "Stewart"." #thecityofheroes

@david_ramsey : "Oliver wants a family with Felicity, just like Diggle has." #thecityofheroes

@david_ramsey : thoughts on the new lair in season 4? "Whatever house Oliver and Felicity have together." #thecityofheroes

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 9
(edited)

Arms may be a feature! of Dig's costume if they keep to the renderings David has seen. Also, David *owns* this stage.

The scene where Captain Boomerang almost killed Lyla - that was originally supposed to be Amanda Waller. And she was supposed to die.

If David played another character in Arrow, he would want to play Ray Palmer.

"I've never missed(a punch), I'm a ninja."

Original team Arrow coming back next season, according to David, according to the series creator (Marc? Greg? he didn't specify).

Edited by Tallis
  • Love 5

I understand Bamford's explanation for how Oliver was able to defeat Ra's.  But wouldn't Ra's - with his centuries of fighting experience - have anticipated this attack, adjusted his own technique, and known how to counteract his own moves?  I guess the additional rationale has to be that Ra's had gotten too overconfident over the years, become rusty from lack of challenges for 67 years, and just underestimated Oliver who caught him off guard.

• Love 1
(edited)

Not sure what to make of this post . . .

TYrBnii.jpg

ETA: Never mind. Just realized that he's supposed to be telling MF what happens at the end of Rogue Air. Duh. Much more innocuous than what I'd originally inferred from his post.

Edited by dcinmb

Diggle doesn't even have a face. WTF? Frowny face.

Ditto... Would have preferred the double gun holding Diggle when he confronted MM in the foundry, that I think would have been better. His face might be bad, but I would take that over LL cry pose. There had to a be a better shot of her they could have used.

But wouldn't Ra's - with his centuries of fighting experience - have anticipated this attack, adjusted his own technique, and known how to counteract his own moves? 

In retrospect, R'as probably should have focused more on Oliver's fighting technique and less on Oliver's sex life. 

• Love 10

Love DR . . . https://twitter.com/_Sana02Sugar/status/599534646012092417

My question to DAVID RAMSEYYYY

"Hi I love you and Stephen's relationship on and off set! Based on the season finale what do you think is going to happen and what will go into for next season?"

"Yeah were you guys Sad? We were sad. It was like, Be well Diggle and I'm like - you too Boo Boo" I'm glad they didn't sugar coat it and have him make up and be in the back of the car with Oliver and Felicity like WHERE WE GOING GUYS?!?"

I love this man!

• Love 15

Ra's chose Oliver to replace him. That is why Ollie lived After the first fight. Ra's wanted to die But he wantaed Oliver to follow code and become both the heir to Ra's the man and legend. But he got Melcolm as the new Ra's instead. And the thing is Melcolm has done the things that is needed. He was Marked for death but survived and he earthquaked Starling.

On paper that's a cool interesting twist. TV show execution? A big miss.

• Love 4

I won't be able to do justice to this story David told but here goes. In the S2 ep where Oliver & Dig discover Roy hooked up to Slade's blood... sucking machine, there's the bit where Isabel is shot & killed & Slade catches her as she falls. Manu Bennett, method actor, lets out this great howl, startling Colton who'd had his eyes shut into opening them. because of the way the stage was set up, Colton is now staring straight at David who's above him on a gantry. They stare at each other while Manu howls, Colton with tears rolling down his face (according to David) as he desperately tries not to laugh. It was *a lot* funnier when David told it.

Oh, talking of howling, the first question Stephen got was a request to howl like a wolf. He did it but like why would you ask that?

Caity had a Colton story from Teen Wolf (I'm not a fan so if this is a well known story, sorry). He got attacked by a wolf. A female wolf. Who, according to the wolf's handler, was not so much attacking as, well... Caity's all like 'even the animal kingdom finds him attractive'.

• Love 6

Oh, talking of howling, the first question Stephen got was a request to howl like a wolf. He did it but like why would you ask that?

I don't know why someone would want to hear that, but Stephen did play a werewolf on a couple episodes of The Vampire Diaries, so I'm guessing that was the reason.

• Love 1

Random things I remember from Caity's panel: She credits the fan reaction for the resurrection of Sara. There were no plans to bring the charcter back when she filmed Sara's death, far as she knew, she was done in the Arrowverse. She didn't know Thea was the one who killed Sara at the time. She wants flashbacks to how she first met Nyssa. In a lip-synch battle she would choose John as an opponent if she wanted to loose or Stephen if she wanted to win.

Another from Stephen: If he could Lazarus pit one character *but* that character would come back evil for a couple of years, he would choose Tommy. He couldn't choose Susannah Thompson because he couldn't deal with having an evil mom. Someone asked how far dead a character could be and the LP could still bring them back - would it work on a skeleton? Stephen didn't know (it was a lot more amusing that 'didn't know' but you kinda had to be there).

From David: He and Stephen take great joy in making the other actors 'break' (corpse, basically), they've got everyone, even Paul Blackthorn who's very method, but they just can't get Katie. They've tried random kiss attacks, everything, and she just keeps going. He said if anyone has any ideas to just scribble them down and pass them on to him.

• Love 5

Arrow panel Sunday morning at The City of Heroes:

Q: Stephen, what have you learned from Oliver?

S: Shooting people in the eye is rarely fatal.

Q: Seeing as Oliver lost all his money, how are you paying the bills?

S: I wish the writers had stepped up and figured this out for us. No, basically, Oliver is a broke billionaire, but he still a millionaire. Has maybe around four million in his checking account.

Q: Will Oliver get a new suit?

S: I'm done wearing the arrow suit. The arrow persona is done.

Sorry, lots more to come but Jesse L Martin just walked on stage.

• Love 5
(edited)

Little bit in love with Jesse. Anyway:

Q: Who would win in a Battle Royale between your characters?

Audience: Diggle!

S: Difficult to say (turns to Caity) and Sara's *dead*...

C: (laughing) Not for long!

D: Diggle!

Q: If you had command of the League, what would you do with it?

B: I would train them to peacefully disarm others.

D: Dig would turn them into a better fighting unit.

C: I'd get them to pick up my dry cleaning

S: I think we saw what I did with the League.

Q: Which is your favourite season?

C: Two. Because Sara was alive!

B: Three. Because Ray.

D: One. I liked murderous Oliver and the way he developed.

S: Second half of season two. All the things we'd set up in S1 & early S2 come to fruition.

Q: So Stephen, I've heard you've read some fanfic...

(lots of laughter)

S: I read this one that was an Arrow/Supernatural crossover, that was cool. (turns to David) You and I are a couple in like 90% of them. No, not going to get into details.

Q: What scene or scenes another character has had would you like to have had?

S: Scenes where Dig plays with baby Sara.

D: Where Oliver slept with every girl in Starling.

C: I'd like to put Sara into more Felicity scenes so they become good friends.

Q: Can you each give my friend a good reason to watch Arrow?

C: Badass female characters.

S: Leather pants.

D: Diggle!

B: So you know what's going on in LoT!

Edited by Tallis
  • Love 12
(edited)

Q: If you could have dinner and a conversation with anyone living or dead, who would it be?

C: Cleopatra.

S: Difficult question because I can't get Jason Momoa out of my head. I had dinner with him the last two nights and he's badically Kal Drogo. So yeah, i have to go with Jason Momoa.

D: Einstein

Missed Brandon's answer, something about philosophers I think.

Q: To sumerise; Roygate.

S: (Serious) Yeah. That was a low point in the show. What happened is that we ended up filming that fight over two nights and with different directors and the second night, the director didn't know Roy was supposed to be lying over there after being electrocuted or whatever. When it got to editing we realised that oh shit, we messed up. Hopefully nothing like that will ever happen again.

Other random bits that came up: Caity would like Sara to take revenge on Malcolm but doesn't know if it'll happen. The new lair will not be Oliver's. David said that as of now, Deadshot is dead but in a show with Lazarus Pits anything could happen. Someone asked Brandon for spoilers for LoT but as of now he really doesn't know much. It starts shooting in August and should air from Jan/Feb. Ray and other characters from it will appear on Arrow. Stephen usually knows quite a lot about the upcoming season but this time knows nothing. Stephen is really jealous that Robbie gets to work with Victor Garber. He had a conversation with him while they were filming the LoT trailer where VG was basically "Stephen, what the *blank* am I doing on this freezing roof in the middle of the night. I could be at home in front of a fire right now." Caity wants Sara to meet baby Sara.

Interesting thing - who gets the most cheers when introduced? David Ramsey. Everytime so far. Also had the longest autograph queue. Unscientific conclusion: the UK really loves Diggle.

Edited by Tallis
  • Love 19

I don't know why someone would want to hear that, but Stephen did play a werewolf on a couple episodes of The Vampire Diaries, so I'm guessing that was the reason.

What an assinine request. SA did play a werewolf on TVD but he never actually turned on the show so he didn't do any howling. I haven't watched the show in a while; do TVD's werewolves even howl? If anyone's interested in seeing SA truly be cruel and menacing, I highly recommend watching SA's two eps (2.13 & 2.14). The scenes where he tortures Caroline are particularly effective. And for a sexy, intelligent, well-adjusted character, watch his seven-episode stint on Private Practice (5.11 - 5.17).

• Love 1
(edited)

Grown-up dudes being 12-year-old boys in ale country.lFPOeZR.jpg

The Cock Inn. Stephen loves that so much he managed to mention it three times in his first panel. Oh, and I didn't tell the Guinness story. First pint of Guinness he ever had was in Belfast. Drank the whole thing, thought it was disgusting. Second night, managed half a glass, thought it was awful. Third night, no Guinness. Fourth night, "I fancy a Guinness." Jason Momoa bought three pints of Guinness to his panel - no wonder they get on.

Three more Arrow panels this afternoon; Caity, Brandon & then Stephen & David together. Then wine party (over the other side of Birmingham, helpfully). It's been a blast :)

Edited by Tallis
  • Love 6
(edited)

Caity wants Sara to meet baby Sara.

I want that to happen so bad. Diggle and Sara apparently became warrior besties off-screen so I want to see Sara find out that he named his daughter after her.

In a lip-synch battle she would choose John as an opponent if she wanted to loose or Stephen if she wanted to win.

Caity could probably beat all of them in a lip sync battle besides Barrowman. She's a dancer that danced back up for Lady Gaga. 

Also Jason Momoa's a weirdo, I can see why Stephen likes him. When I was at his panel in Chicago, a woman said she was a massage therapist and he had her come on stage and massage his arm for 10 minutes. He really loves Guinness he talked about it there too. 

Edited by Sakura12

I really love some of Caity's answers, her and Felicity having one-on-one scenes was a huge missed opportunity, hope it will be amended in 5A (and in LOT with Hawkgirl). And of course, baby Sara. It will be a cute subversion of "Dead guy Jr." trope with the baby's namesake back from the dead. Hope the writers won't avoid it because they're afraid the audience is going to confuse them. I think the viewers can handle it.

• Love 6
(edited)

He's *still* talking about it (sitting in his panel right now). Someone kept buying him Guinness last night. No names were mentioned. Also he'd name his pub The Hawaiian Cock or possibly Momoa's Cock Inn. I want Stephen to crash his panel because I can see them being hysterical together. To keep it vaguely on topic, a kid asked him if he'd like to be on Arrow, Flash or LoT, he asked the kid which was his favorite, "Arrow" so Jason told him he'd been hanging out with Stephen and he was really cool.

Edited by Tallis
  • Love 1