Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Well they are fun to post once or twice but to keep doing it is kind of enough is enough. I mean for the celeb. It should be left to the fans after a certain Point. The purpose of these things is to motivate the fans to keep interest and energized in their support. And of course hits for the polls home page.

Edited by tarotx

Well they are fun to post once or twice but to keep doing it is kind of enough is enough. I mean for the celeb. It should be left to the fans after a certain Point. The purpose of these things is to motivate the fans to keep interest and energized in their support. And of course hits for the polls home page.

I disagree with that but I don't like when Fans try to use Actors and I hate when Actors try to use Fans.  If he actually posted something on his FB asking people to vote for him then he should reciprocate when those fans that have been voting for him ask for him to make another post.  If he never mentioned it in the first place and the fans asked for help, I'd be totally OK with his post (mentioned above).

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

I wonder if the fall out from the Olicity loss in the Eonline poll has him backing off poll type posts.  Didn't people say fans were posting mean things to him and Emily about not promoting the Eonline poll more?  The post about going up against Italia in the Zap2it poll was posted before the Olicity loss happened.  Not sure if he posted after that about the following round of the Zap2it, but if not, that could by why he's stepping back. Or, maybe he just really wanted to beat his "future sister-in-law", heh.  Also, he doesn't have a prayer of beating Jensen, imo, but that may be beside the point.

• Love 1

Remember when someone asked Stephen about O/F during Paleyfest? We didn't really get to see KCs reactions. BUT one fan caught her reactions on camera and it's kind of hilarious and almost sad. But mostly hilarious. I really hope KC comes to understand that her character deserves better. Actually, any character who's been through whatever she had with Oliver deserves better... But it seems like she's resigned to staying bitter. 

X

• Love 1

I wonder if the fall out from the Olicity loss in the Eonline poll has him backing off poll type posts.  Didn't people say fans were posting mean things to him and Emily about not promoting the Eonline poll more? 

I kept seeing that damn poll on my tumblr dashboard every five seconds, and I was so annoyed by it and felt so much secondhand embarrassment.  (Full disclosure: when I was a teen I voted over and over and over again for Spike from Buffy in some sort of online poll, so I share in the embarrassment myself.)

I guess to me KC should be grateful that the EPs liked her enough to not kill off her character when they could have. Instead of seeming to be bitter, she should just be saying, "Losing Sara and Caity Lotz was tough for all of us. But I'm looking forward to being as good a Canary as Caity".  I mean seriously. Humble would earn her a lot of brownie points with me.

• Love 6

I wonder if the fall out from the Olicity loss in the Eonline poll has him backing off poll type posts.  Didn't people say fans were posting mean things to him and Emily about not promoting the Eonline poll more?  The post about going up against Italia in the Zap2it poll was posted before the Olicity loss happened.  Not sure if he posted after that about the following round of the Zap2it, but if not, that could by why he's stepping back. Or, maybe he just really wanted to beat his "future sister-in-law", heh.  Also, he doesn't have a prayer of beating Jensen, imo, but that may be beside the point.

He's friends with Jensen, too, so he might not want to actively go up against him. With Italia, it's family so they could probably tease each other about it. He hasn't really been supportive of polls in the past so I never begrudged his, or Emily's choice, not to promote the E! Online poll.

Remember when someone asked Stephen about O/F during Paleyfest? We didn't really get to see KCs reactions. BUT one fan caught her reactions on camera and it's kind of hilarious and almost sad. But mostly hilarious. I really hope KC comes to understand that her character deserves better. Actually, any character who's been through whatever she had with Oliver deserves better... But it seems like she's resigned to staying bitter. 

X

The thing is, I think it's not really about the character for Katie. It's about being the love interest. Because the love interest, more of than not, is perceived as the female lead. And that's who Katie is. That's what she was hired to be, as well as being BC. But that's not how a lot of fans and a lot of the media are seeing it. When the Arrow leading lady is mentioned, again more often than not people are referring to Emily. And that's gotta be frustrating as hell.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 7

Nice pictures. He does do that kind of posting well.

I love Willa's shoes.  And it's nice to see all the people asking DR for autographs.

Remember when someone asked Stephen about O/F during Paleyfest? We didn't really get to see KCs reactions. BUT one fan caught her reactions on camera and it's kind of hilarious and almost sad.

A forced smile if ever I saw one.  I don't think anyone should have to feel like they've been shoved into second or third place. I wish the character was a better fit for her.

Regarding KC and O/F questions, it has to be awkward for her. She is still calling them soulmates and talking about a romantic future to interviewers and the O/L fans at her panels. SA is always contradicting that and she gets to watch him contradict that at a big event like PaleyFest.

I could also see her taking O/F questions as personal insult to her. O/F wouldn't have gained such a following or become what it has on the show, if O/L had worked out the way it was intended. A lot of the failure of the original pairing has been blamed (for lack of a better word) on KC/LL. The critics really jumped on it too.

I don't blame her for still pushing O/L; She is cantering to a fanbase. I don't blame her for O/F questions making her uncomfortable or even bitter (assuming she is).

• Love 5

Wow, KC comes off like such an asshole in those pics. She should be damn grateful that she still has a job. She was cited by just about every reviewer in being the weak link in the show yet she's still here.

I have to say I've watched these events for many, many shows and I've never seen anyone as unprofessional as her.

As long as he's not wearing some of those flashback wigs (altho the layers this season have been better, esp in the club scene), his hair usually does look good. Generally, he really just overall looks good hair or no hair.

What Im more excited about is shorter hair is generally his heavy-duty training, take no prisioners, balls to wall action, knockem down some bad guys & taking names. Its no fuss all business Oliver which is a good thing for the last few episodes. Things get done when his hair looks like that. 

• Love 1

Some tweets from the Arrow Writers Room last night...

ArrowWritersRoom @ARROWwriters  ·  8h 8 hours ago
"The thing is...as long as you're in my life, I am." OH HAI RAY
ArrowWritersRoom @ARROWwriters  ·  8h 8 hours ago
#FeelsFeelsFeels That's what happens when you listen to Felicity!
ArrowWritersRoom @ARROWwriters  ·  9h 9 hours ago
NOBODY HANGS UP ON FELICITY! #LanceWhatWereYouThinking
ArrowWritersRoom @ARROWwriters  ·  9h 9 hours ago
"If I only I had known I had that option!" We love you @EmilyBett!!

https://twitter.com/arrowwriters

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

More twitter bashing from SA:

"Facebook. I've got stuff for you later today. In the meantime, kudos to Facebook (the company) for removing inactive accounts from the like totals of public pages. It's the reason they're a company that will stand the test of time and other social media conglomerates who support spam accounts by condoning them will fade away. Not going to name names. Talking about Twitter."

see: https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/posts/824523147632954

Why does he keep doing this? It´s o.k. if he expresses criticism about particular points. But shouldn´t he acknowledge at the same time that twitter has also been very useful for him in the past? After all, it was due to the many twitter messages that fans kept sending to TV hosts that SA got invited to certain talk shows - which meant for him the fulfillment of long cherished personal dreams!

Edited by Kordi
  • Love 8
Why does he keep doing this?

Cause he's a dumbass?  Or because he's up Facebook's ass?  Maybe they're paying him to be mean to twitter...LOL  Brandon Routh is hocking that Coffee drink and SA is hocking Facebook. :D

Maybe he's annoyed by the new spam account  set up to send hate about Emily and they are tagging him?  He didn't take it very well when others were sending hate to Katie.  

Edited by Sunshine

Or maybe he just has an opinion and states it.

He does. Quite often. And I'd take him more seriously if his appearances on Jimmy Kimmel and Seth Myers (two of his stated personal goals for 2015) weren't the direct result of Twitter campaigns.

• Love 6

He does. Quite often. And I'd take him more seriously if his appearances on Jimmy Kimmel and Seth Myers (two of his stated personal goals for 2015) weren't the direct result of Twitter campaigns.

Yeah. I keep forgetting about that, because I don't really do Twitter. But I can get having a love/hate relationship with social media, generally. When people are with you, it's all good; but the level of vitriol that seems to erupt when folks turn - on you or your friends - is stunning to me. I know Facebook has the same tendencies, but Twitter seems to be even more fickle, if that's the right word.

I'm not sure why, but the fact that SA isn't always so poised with his responses online is kind of endearing to me sometimes. Not always, but sometimes. 

• Love 1

I don't blame him for not liking Twitter at all. Facebook definitely seems more his speed and good for him, I'm all for using what works for you. But his repeated insistence that Twitter is useless every few weeks after he's benefited from it at least twice...he should probably cool it.

But like I wrote above, his online assiness amuses me, haha.

• Love 5

For a hot young star who's at the top of his game, I'd say he's comporting himself pretty well for the most part. He spends an inordinate amount of time trying to do good---whether it be through his many philanthropic efforts, his advocacy of GLBT rights or just making millions of fans happy by being so down-to-earth and accessible and bending over backwards to attend even the smallest of cons---so I'm willing to cut him some slack. So what if his sense of humor is sometimes off or he gets fired up about something that bothers him? It happens to the best of us. Especially when we're not hiding behind a phalanx of publicists who screen everything we say and do.

• Love 8

More twitter bashing from SA:

see: https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/posts/824523147632954

Why does he keep doing this? It´s o.k. if he expresses criticism about particular points. But shouldn´t he acknowledge at the same time that twitter has also been very useful for him in the past? After all, it was due to the many twitter messages that fans kept sending to TV hosts that SA got invited to certain talk shows - which meant for him the fulfillment of long cherished personal dreams!

Do you think it's in response to this asshat who owns this twitter account essentially fat shaming EBR and tagging everyone?

https://twitter.com/emilyfatrickard/with_replies