Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I didn't know much about Bulletproof coffee until BR suddenly started pimping it on twitter, but I really hope the rest of the cast isn't actually drinking it. 2 tablespoons of butter and coconut oil in your coffee a day sounds like a really bad idea, nutritionally.

• Love 1

The concept in general is a pretty trendy thing with Paleo/Clean Eating people, though the Bulletproof-branded stuff has been pretty thoroughly debunked and rejected even by most of those people (this dude claims that only HIS coffee is free of all those pesky toxins that exist in ALL other coffees, apparently).

I kinda hate it when celebs use social media to advertise products, though I totally get why they do it. EBR does it with those Quest bars, a few guys I follow have some deal with a watch company, etc. But it gives me the embarrassment squick, and it's in my top reasons to unfollow celebs.

• Love 7

Oh Brandon, I liked you so much better before you started promoting Junk Science.

I like coffee because it has no calories and it's good for ADHD.  Butter and coconut oil are not going to prevent an afternoon crash.  Doctors say to go for a walk instead.

• Love 1

I don't drink coffee but putting butter in it sounds disgusting and fattening. 

Very disgusting and fattening. Would anyone drink melted butter? So why drink it just because it's been dumped into coffee? Sure, if you just drink that stuff and then skip breakfast and eat healthily throughout the day, you'll be fine. If you drink that stuff with your stack of pancakes and bacon and maple syrup, then a burger for lunch and pizza for dinner, then you'll be a fat load and complaining that celebrities told you this stuff was good for you. 

• Love 2
(edited)

SA sells his own coffee, too. I wonder if they have coffee offs.

Thanks @Danny Franks. Now I want pancakes and bacon with maple syrup. No coffee though. I'm trying to change the way I eat and everything bad for you sounds sooo good right now.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 3

Yea, I don't get the butter is the coffee thing. than again, I like my coffee as an espresso or a regular cappuccino. I do occasionally sin and get a flavored starbucks, but I try to avoid starbucks since their beans are wayy too burned and you have to tell them not to overheat the milk so it won't be too hot and ruin the entire flavor of the beans- the little there is, since again their beans are burned which leads to too bitter coffee, so I either buy from a local coffee shop or brew my own (okay okay my own as in use my nespresso machine).

I've had home made butter beer before... But it didn't have coffee in it, just caramel... I wonder if that's the same. Regardless, I don't think butter coffee is something anyone should drink on a daily basis. But damn, now I really want coffee. 

How would that help? That's Brandon hanging out with the cast making them take pictures with his gross coffee drink. 

Ray has still not interacted with the rest of the characters on the show. 

• Love 12
(edited)
How would that help? That's Brandon hanging out with the cast making them take pictures with his gross coffee drink.

Yeah he is hanging out with them because they are shooting together, likely he is having scenes  with a lot of them except maybe the Maseo guy

Ray has still not interacted with the rest of the characters on the show.

No but the key word is he WILL

Thats like saying Oliver will never be Green Arrow because he isn't yet . In this case there is definitive evidence that Ray is going to interact with other people before the season is over. If this doesn't say much, the official promo pictures for the show/s do.

Edited by Conell

Yeah he is hanging out with them because they are shooting together, likely he is having scenes  with a lot of them except maybe the Maseo guy

That doesn't prove they are shooting scenes together. Brandon is trying for some reason to promote that drink and could've walked around set or asked them to take pics with him. 

I'm not saying he's not going to interact with the characters on the show, he obviously is. It's just that those pictures don't prove he has scenes with them.

• Love 5

Awesome, cool collage.

Hopefully this will lead to the end of the "Ray doesn't interact with anyone outside Felicity" complains.

That's BR interacting with other cast members IRL. He could be prowling around the set, trying to hook people on that coffee. 

At some point he'll probably interact with other characters but to this point he has not. Of course the only other person I want Ray to interact with is Oliver. And that's only when Oliver punches Ray in the face sending Ray off the roof of Palmer Tech. As Ray is on his way down he can use his fancy suit to fly far away to Central City never to return to Starling City. I just really hate that character now.  I didn't before but the showrunners have made Ray better than Oliver and I'm bitter....slinks off to bitterness thread.

• Love 4
(edited)
I'm not saying he's not going to interact with the characters on the show, he obviously is. It's just that those pictures don't prove he has scenes with them.

Hence my last sentence.

That's BR interacting with other cast members IRL. He could be prowling around the set, trying to hook people on that coffee.

Maybe he is doing both. After all it is no secret that he has shot scenes with some of these guys, the promo pictures of the crossover episode were released!!.

Edited by Conell

Thats like saying Oliver will never be Green Arrow because he isn't yet . In this case there is definitive evidence that Ray is going to interact with other people before the season is over. If this doesn't say much, the official promo pictures for the show/s do.

The way things are going now, we'll get Batman and Bruce Wayne on the show before Oliver ever becomes the Green Arrow.  /back to the bitterness thread.

• Love 2
(edited)

Paul Blackthorne tweeted a cute pic of himself with Charlotte Ross but they didn't share a scene together and no word on if she's even coming back let alone a Captain Smoak relationship.

BR seems like a nice guy, people are going to say yes when he asks for a picture with him.  Doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

Didn't MG or someone mention Ray and Diggle's first meeting (like it was along the same lines of the first time he met Barry)? They're going to be interacting at some point, and the CR/PB was a BTS pic, not on a set. Since O/D/R are on the PI set, there's a good chance they're in a scene together.

• Love 2
(edited)

After all it is no secret that he has shot scenes with some of these guys, the promo pictures of the crossover episode were released!!.

Im just going to emphasise this bolded bit.

Didn't MG or someone mention Ray and Diggle's first meeting (like it was along the same lines of the first time he met Barry)? They're going to be interacting at some point, and the CR/PB was a BTS pic, not on a set. Since O/D/R are on the PI set, there's a good chance they're in a scene together.

Thank you, that just what I was trying to say. And if there is confirmation that Ray/Diggle have a first meeting, then that is more than a speculation based on RL pictures.

Edited by Conell

I hope Ray will be integrated into the overall Arrow cast as soon as his secret gets out.  My problem is that I think he should have been long ago, seeing Laurel about something legal at the least, maybe checking with Oliver about some old QC business or associates of Moira and Robert.  Right now, it's like he's part of another show.

• Love 2
(edited)

I guess I don't see how one follows from the other.  Yes, D/O/R are definitely going to be interacting more.  However, the actors posing for pictures together on various sets that are probably mostly feet from each other isn't the evidence of that...the evidence of that is that it's late in the season and they have to finally get to it.  Just like the posed pic of the actors playing OGTA + Colton on the foundry set doesn't mean Roy isn't dead...the foundry set is likely right in the middle of most of the other sets, and they're not going to demolish it three minutes after they're done with it, and they're not going to ban Colton Haynes from hanging out.  They're actors strolling around backstage with lots of sets around.  Like if we see a pic of SA and Jensen Ackles on the PI set, that doesn't mean Dean's crossing over...it means Jensen came to visit his friend SA on the set.  If we then see a pic of SA and Jensen on the set for Felicity's apartment...that doesn't mean Dean is Felicity's new love interest (although that would be awesome), it means they walked from one set to another nearby set and took some pictures.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 11

I guess I don't see how one follows from the other.  Yes, D/O/R are definitely going to be interacting more.  However, the actors posing for pictures together on various sets that are probably mostly feet from each other isn't the evidence of that...the evidence of that is that it's late in the season and they have to finally get to it.  Just like the posed pic of the actors playing OGTA + Colton on the bombed foundry set doesn't mean Roy isn't dead...the foundry set is likely right in the middle of most of the other sets, and they're not going to demolish it three minutes after they're done with it, and they're not going to ban Colton Haynes from hanging out.  They're actors strolling around backstage with lots of sets around.  Like if we see a pic of SA and Jensen Ackles on the PI set, that doesn't mean Dean's crossing over...it means Jensen came to visit his friend SA on the set.  If we then see a pic of SA and Jensen on the set for Felicity's apartment...that doesn't mean Dean is Felicity's new love interest (although that would be awesome), it means they walked from one set to another nearby set and took some pictures.

Well thanks for that. As if I don't ship Dean with ERRYONE as it is....Dealicity never even crossed my mind and now I can't not think about it. 

• Love 5

All I get from those pictures is the coffee has a pleasant effect on The Flash cast...not so much on Arrow cast except Karl Yune (but he's always happy).  EBR looks like she wants to spit it out.  SA and DR don't look particularly pleased.  LOL!

• Love 4

No but the key word is he WILL

Yup. He will interact with other cast members. A mere twenty episodes into a twenty two (or is it twenty three?) episode season. He's totally a member of the ensemble and a character with connections to the world this show exists in.

• Love 13
(edited)
Right now, it's like he's part of another show.

Technically he is, he is a visitor on Arrow and spin off bound. I honestly don't think they should force scenes between characters just because they are in the same show. In real life you don't interact with everyone who lives in your town/city. I don't see much of a point or why it should have happened urgently when he isn't even staying in Arrow. Ray was also the new guy, a billionaire, genius businessman, there wasn't really much he had common with many of the characters in this show. I would have loved to see more interaction with Oliver, but to me its quite refreshing they didnt go that cliche route, of having the guys butting heads over Felicity and the company. I think its quite realistic they stayed away from each other, since they don't like each other very much, especially Oliver he has a lot of good reasons why he wasn't exactly trying to BFF Ray. The man also has a lot on his plate and was "dead".

But now as  fellow vigilantes ATOM and ARROW, among other reasons, it will feel more organic Imo.

Edited by Conell

Dealicity never even crossed my mind and now I can't not think about it.

Dean would fall madly in love with her.  Sam would stand around and whine about it.  I mostly don't watch SPN anymore, but I will always, always love Dean.

On topic, BR's cheesy drink promo really doesn't make me like him any more, and roping all his co-workers in is even worse. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Honest question: we know Ray and Oliver have scenes coming up. We know Diggle meets Ray. Why is it so difficult to believe they have a scene together? Not saying that coffee pic is indicative one way or the other, but...yeah. I don't see why this is a stretch.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Technically he is, he is a visitor on Arrow and spin off bound. I honestly don't think they should force scenes between characters just because they are in the same show. In real life you don't interact with everyone who lives in your town/city. I don't see much of a point or why it should have happened urgently when he isn't even staying in Arrow. Ray was also the new guy, a billionaire, genius businessman, there wasn't really much he had common with many of the characters in this show. I would have loved to see more interaction with Oliver, but to me its quite refreshing they didnt go that cliche route, of having the guys butting heads over Felicity and the company. I think its quite realistic they stayed away from each other, since they don't like each other very much, especially Oliver he has a lot of good reasons why he wasn't exactly trying to BFF Ray. The man also has a lot on his plate and was "dead".

But now as  fellow vigilantes ATOM and ARROW, among other reasons, it will feel more organic Imo.

Responding on the Supporting cast thread

(edited)

Dean would fall madly in love with her.  Sam would stand around and whine about it.  I mostly don't watch SPN anymore, but I will always, always love Dean.

On topic, BR's cheesy drink promo really doesn't make me like him any more, and roping all his co-workers in is even worse. 

Boy would Dean ever fall for her...she is a nerd like Charlie, but straight; she's the light to Dean's self-loathing (like Oliver but worse). The snark-offs!  And SO MUCH PRETTY between the two of them. Damn you! Damn you for making me want this.

On topic:  Yeah, BR should just do this on his FB page like SA. Or wear a t-shirt like SA does for Nocking Point Wines.  Or you know make wine!

Edited by catrox14

No one is saying BR doesn't have scenes with the cast. We were commenting that the fact that he took pictures with his stupid coffee drink doesn't prove he is filming with them. Just that he's trying to promote some drink with everyone he works with. Is he their spokesperson? What's up with all the pics? 

• Love 7
(edited)

Honest question: we know Ray and Oliver have scenes coming up. We know Diggle meets Ray. Why is it so difficult to believe they have a scene together? Not saying that coffee pic is indicative one way or the other, but...yeah. I don't see why this is a stretch.

It's not remotely a stretch.  I think everyone agrees they will have scenes together.  The distinction is that the original comment was that those coffee pictures were proof that they would have scenes together, which is an illogical argument.  The coffee pictures are of dudes hanging around on various sets, which has nothing to do with them having scenes together.  Except for the few times scenes are on location, they're all just a bunch of sets literally feet from each other.  Arrow and Flash even film on the same soundstage or whatever the term should be.  Behind-the-scenes pictures of the actors hanging out doesn't mean much in terms of upcoming scenes. 

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 3

I feel like we're speaking past each other at this point.  The argument over the last page isn't whether they're filming scenes together.  The argument is whether the coffee pictures are evidence that they are filming scenes together.  Person #1 said "here are behind the scenes pictures on various sets showing BR with, among others, SA and DR.  These behind the scenes pictures are evidence that BR, SA, and DR are currently filming scenes together, therefore people who have been complaining about their characters having no scenes together can stop complaining."

And that is illogical, because pictures showing various actors posing with coffee on sets that are physically near each other is no such evidence.  No one is really arguing they will/will not have scenes.  The argument is simply about the pictures being evidence that they will.

We're not talking past each other. You explained that someone thought that pic meant O/D/R Ray were for sure having a scene together and I wrote that I missed that post, which I did. I thought people were arguing against the possibility. Not sure what the issue is?

I like coffee, but putting butter and oil in it sounds like a terrible idea lol. And two tbsp of butter? Eww

Also, I really feel like some of the things people mentioned should have been spoiler tagged. I dropped by to see if any other news had been posted about Paleyfest and feel a bit like I wandered into a spoiler post. For me, I guess it doesn't matter too much because I've decided to take a break for a while and catch up at the end of/after the season, but (assuming it's a spoiler) the bombed foundry was news to me. People who are still watching live but are off spoilers might not want to know that.