Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I will say that I hope they don't kill off mama Lance to make room for mama Smoak full time. Because Gods forbid they have two women over 40 in the show at the same time

#RIPMoira4everBitter

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 5

I will say that I hope they don't kill off mama Lance to make room for mama Smoak full time. Because Gods forbid they have two women over 40 in the show at the same time

#RIPMoira4everBitter

I think the show runners (and probably most viewers) AND Laurel and Quentin actually forget she exists, so there's probably not much point in killing her off since she's such a non-entity to these people.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

#RIPMoira4everBitter

No need to kill her off.  They already are divorced, she's living in Central City and dating some other guy.  No need to touch Dinah. 

Plus, as much as it would thrill me for them to make Felicity's mom full time, they are never going to do it because that would mean allowing some levity back into this show and clearly they think that is verboten. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5

I like this quote from Gail Simone...

GAIL SIMONE retweeted
Shaula Evans @ShaulaEvans  ·  21m 21 minutes ago
"There's a big difference between a character to look at & a character to believe in."
– @GailSimone

https://twitter.com/gailsimone

It seems to me that, when it comes to Arrow, the EPs are focused too much on visuals and not enough on characters.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 15

I'm aware they are divorced. I My point was more about the show killing off women of a certain age. I was being snarky.

LOL that is some shade.

If they come up with some reason to kill Dinah, sure, she might go cause this show is dumb like that, but right now I don' t see any sort of reason.  I'm waaaay more worried for Quentin right now. 

To be fair they did have an awesome version of Black Canary in the show before they literally trashed her.

If they come up with some reason to kill Dinah, sure, she might go cause this show is dumb like that, but right now I don' t see any sort of reason. I'm waaaay more worried for Quentin right now.

They didn't have a good reason to kill Moira either and she had way more character stuff to work with. But her name wasn't Dinah Lance.

Oh never mind about Smoak and Lance because that means more potential Laurel/Felicity friendship fodder and I do not want that.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 4

But - but Laurel and Felicity are going to be BFFs this season, so aren't you excited about the possibility that they could be sisters?  I mean, look at what an awesome sisterly bond Laurel shared with Sara.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 12

But - but Laurel and Felicity are going to be BFFs this season, so aren't you excited about the possibility that they could be sisters?  I mean, look at what an awesome sisterly bond Laurel shared with Sara.

The moment Laurel starts putting her hair in a ponytail and wearing glasses and short skirts... I'll be very worried.

• Love 8

I like this quote from Gail Simone...

https://twitter.com/gailsimone

It seems to me that, when it comes to Arrow, the EPs are focused too much on visuals and not enough on characters.

She's right. Sadly, few writers, especially on this show, get that. They seem to think that merely putting Laurel in that outfit makes her a hero. It fucking does not, and it never will, because she has no heroic qualities.

• Love 4

Taking to the hopes and fears section. 

Mama Smoak and Quentin look absolutely fantastic together but…but something about Laurel and Felicity belonging to the same family makes me scream NOOooooooooOOOoooo!

GAIL SIMONE retweeted
Shaula Evans @ShaulaEvans  ·  21m 21 minutes ago
"There's a big difference between a character to look at & a character to believe in."
– @GailSimone

Exactly what is wrong with this season. CoughLaurelandRaycoughcough. Thank you Gail Simone. Thank you.

Mama Smoak and Quentin look absolutely fantastic together but…but something about Laurel and Felicity belonging to the same family makes me scream NOOooooooooOOOoooo!

How about if we just let them perpetually live in sin?  Problem solved? 

• Love 2

From Marc Guggenheim's Tumblr

Why did I have to die? If you wanted to be me, you could’ve. I didn’t have to die." Wow. How rude. You know that's basically what the whole fandom thinks and what? You're mocking us? That's just low.

Our intention wasn’t to mock fandom.  This was Laurel’s subconscious speaking.  That said, Laurel’s subconscious did sound a lot like some people on Twitter after Sara died.  #coincidence

I have a real hard time believing that neither he nor whoever wrote it hadn't been very familiar with what was said on Twitter.Tumblr and pretty much every fan site.   

• Love 12

Coincidence?  I think not.  [/Polkaroo]

Yeah that would be a helluva coincidence.

Didn't MG say that there would be a wonderful Laurel/Felicity scene in 3x13?  Guess he kind of misjudged the reaction on that one.

muellerette asked:
Apparently you think Felicity's popularity is bulletproof and she can do no wrong. I can assure you this is not the case. Having Felicity help Laurel lie about Sara to Quentin, and disparaging Sara to make Laurel feel better about being Canary does not make me like Laurel more. It just makes me angry at Felicity. But then maybe that's your plan all along, to knock her down a few pegs.

MG:  Sara was a dark, tortured figure.  I don’t think it’s disparaging for Felicity to make note of that.  Oliver’s dark and tortured, too.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 9

Coincidence?  I think not.  [/Polkaroo]

Yeah that would be a helluva coincidence.

Didn't MG say that there would be a wonderful Laurel/Felicity scene in 3x13?  Guess he kind of misjudged the reaction on that one.

Only those of us that give a shit about Sara were upset about that line. I've seen just as many (if not more) comments that were like "Yay! More Felicity/Laurel girl power scenes like that please!"

• Love 3

Whaaaaaat. So MG just outright admitted that Felicity is in love with Oliver. Why? I don't understand what he's doing. Is that supposed to make Olicity fans feel better? Because it doesn't. It makes what we know is coming with Ray even worse. 

MG totally underestimated the reaction to Felicity's line to Laurel. It's like the reaction to using Sara's voice all over again. He just has no clue. 

OMG someone take the show away from him. 

Only those of us that give a shit about Sara were upset about that line. I've seen just as many (if not more) comments that were like "Yay! More Felicity/Laurel girl power scenes like that please!"

I've been looking at  his tumblr and while there are a number of Yay, girl power! comments, there are more that are upset about the scenes and the put down of Sara by Felicity.  Since we're only seeing the comments he replies to, that makes me suspect that there are a lot more of the same vein that he didn't reply to (like mine).

Even  if only half the viewers are upset, that's a major part of the audience.  He's in damage control.

• Love 8

I shouldn't say this I know, but...I'm always a little shocked at the number of people who don't give a damn about Sara as long as the Olicity teases keep flowing. Just look at how suddenly the tide turned on that one comment from indignation on Sara's behalf to "OMG Marc said Felicity loves Oliver!"

*sigh*

I can't sleep right now and I'm tired and upset so I hope you'll forgive the momentary outbreak of bitterness from a Sara fan. :(

As a Sara fan and an Olicity fan, it pisses me off too.

• Love 10

He needs to go. Maybe the tumblr people should ask where the million viewers they lost since last season went. They don't care about the integrity of the show or making it good. They need to cater to Laurel/KC, even if the show suffers.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

I'm an Olicity fan and I'm still offended by what they did to Sara. They basically knocked her down to rise Laurel up. It's sickening and a total lack of creativity. 

That said, I'm not surprised some fans don't care as long as they get an Olicity tease. The things I see on tumblr sucking up to MG just because they're pleased with how Olicity is going makes me so angry. 

Some snarky responses from MG in response to fan complaints...

angelsanddemons84 asked:
Do you keep track of your own characters & what they've previously said & done? One minute Roy hates Malcolm, then he's ok. Same with Thea. She trusts him. Then she doesn't. Felicity admired Sara but suddenly she's shitting on her & saying she doesn't have a light inside her? Diggle is a trained soldier but now he stays in the lair. Laurel had boxing lessons & now she's a hero in 3 episodes. Oliver sacrificed himself but now he doesn't get a say. You've lost the plot and a viewer.

Hmm.  Keeping track of the characters.  Hey, that’s a good tip.  Thanks.  We’ll try.

direninsan asked:
I miss season 2.What have you done !!!

We went to Season 3?

playitmyway asked:
I am a die hard Arrow fan. Love it. Cheer out loud, love it. Put my kids to bed early, so I can watch in peace, love it. Tonight I felt like I was watching a different show and I recognized no one. It made me sad. Can we please get back to what made us all love Arrow. Oliver/Diggle/Felicity & Oliver Queen's story. Tonight I felt myself check out. I just did not care. :(

I’m sorry it wasn’t your cup of tea.  We love writing for Oliver/Dig/Felicity, but at the same time, the show isn’t frozen in amber. It’s always going to evolve and change.

i-keep-my-promise-kid asked:
Hi Marc, a curiosity of many people on Felicity has been "erased" in recent episodes? It hardly appears, and when it happens the people see it as the "boring". It's frustrating for the fans and for those who always liked her, see her being so treated by viewers who now feel uncomfortable with it. Mainly because it was there from the start, along the walk from Ollie. This is part of a "something greater" to, or is it temporary? After all, she is the light of all that is ♥ I hope you can answer :)

It’s hard for me to answer because I don’t agree with your premise.  That said, I just came from the editing room and a scene between Felicity and Oliver where she was remarkably strong.  Maybe things will turn around for you and these “many people” you speak of.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo

God, he comes across as such a douche. Loves to 'engage with the fans' but whenever they bring up reasonable issues with the writing, he just dismisses them with condescending jokes or glib answers. Everything he says is a veiled 'fuck you' to anyone who isn't loving everything he does.

People should just stop asking him anything. Seems like he really believes any sort of engagement with the fans is good, because it means people are invested in the show.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 7

honorthedeadbyfighting asked:

brilliant laurel and felicity scene save for two thihgs- Felicity always being there just to prop up other people's storylines (always Oliver, then Palmer and now Laurel) and that comment about Laurel having a light that Sara lacked. The arrow fandom is done with tearing down female characters to raise others.

I think one of Felicity’s strengths is how she’s always there for people.  It’s interesting to me that nobody has the same complaint about Diggle.

What exactly is his point here? That they are in fact using Diggle and Felicity to prop up Laurel but that people only complain about Felicity doing it?

Edited by looptab

Whaaaaaat. So MG just outright admitted that Felicity is in love with Oliver. Why? I don't understand what he's doing. Is that supposed to make Olicity fans feel better? Because it doesn't. It makes what we know is coming with Ray even worse.

MG totally underestimated the reaction to Felicity's line to Laurel. It's like the reaction to using Sara's voice all over again. He just has no clue.

OMG someone take the show away from him.

He says she loves Oliver it makes me think he's trying to say her and Ray won't get that serious. Who knows he might it's okay for her to Fuck Ray while still lusting for and loving Oliver yet she can't have him cause Oliver's a dumbass still.

Some snarky responses from MG in response to fan complaints...

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

That "strong" scene is probably more angst or maybe it's not angst for once Edited by jay741982

The Felicity action figure looks like a man.

Oh - looks like the Arrow writers also don't get the illogic of Oliver being the Arrow and Laurel being the BC...

ArrowWritersRoom @ARROWwriters  ·  10h 10 hours ago
Arrow and Black Canary fighting together at last! @mzkatiecassidy @amellywood #CantKeepAGoodTeamDown

https://twitter.com/arrowwriters

Edited by tv echo