Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Hey I love Olicity, they are what got me watching the show and I like Raylicity too. And I'm neutral to hating Laurel (it will depend on what the show does with her in these next few episodes).

Let me Apoligze I was angry at this Freaking show and Spouted off. I find Raylicity gross and Im pissed at the writing for my girl Felicity the depths these idiot writers go to make Ray look like he's an actual threat Is appalling

Maybe it's 'cause I haven't had coffee and my neurons aren't firing on all cylinders yet, but I don't quite understand what MG seems to be implying. Why would the people dissing him about not making KC Black Canary last year say anything now when they're actually getting what they want? Sara's dead and Laurel's the show's BC so what's odd about not complaining about getting what they want? That's actually a good thing, right?

• Love 7

MG is an idiot. He's ignoring the large negative reaction to Laurel/BC from the past two weeks. He better hope that there are a lot more KC/Laurel fans out there to balance out those fleeing from the new BC show.

• Love 3

How is it odd that the people that wanted Laurel as BC got what they wanted are silent? They got what they wanted! Or is he upset that they are not praising him for the idiotic and illogical way she got there? 

I can gladly go tweet him some shade for the crap he's writing if he'd like. 

It's taking all the restraint I have not to do exactly that. I don't believe in tweeting negativity to people, but he's challenging my resolve with that tweet.

• Love 3

Well it is almost like he is asking for it so you wouldn't even have to feel guilty. You could tweet him that these people might have quit watching the show and therefore don't concern themselves with LL anymore.  

• Love 2

It's taking all the restraint I have not to do exactly that. I don't believe in tweeting negativity to people, but he's challenging my resolve with that tweet.

I replied to that tweet - but it wasn't about Laurel becoming BC, I asked him if he didn't see those people in his timeline because it was filled with people upset about Laurel

being a terrible person by impersonating her sister. 

I was nice about it though.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 7

Ugh, this is why I hate it when showrunners engage too much with their fandom like this.  It always, ALWAYS ends up leaving a bad taste in my mouth.  It's a hard balance to strike, but I think too little is better than too much in these cases.

• Love 2

It really does sound like he wants people to tweet "Oh Marc, you are so amazing and this arc is just perfect.  I'm so sorry I didn't have faith in you."

I tweeted him that between InstaCanary, Raylicity and angst spoilers, I'm thinking of skipping the next bunch of episodes. I doubt he'll reply to me though.  Maybe I need to tell him how wonderful he is first.

• Love 9

Maybe I need to tell him how wonderful he is first.

That does seem to be the magic ticket.  This dude loves being showered with compliments, I think.  I noticed that a lot of the questions that he answers seem to include praise telling him how wonderful he is.  

I tweeted him that between InstaCanary, Raylicity and angst spoilers, I'm thinking of skipping the next bunch of episodes. I doubt he'll reply to me though.  Maybe I need to tell him how wonderful he is first.

Or tell him you'll buy his book if he replies. That usually gets a response from him, too.

• Love 3

The show may be disappointing me, but EBR remains a delightful weirdo. 

Well, that's it.  I can't help it. After hearing her rattle off the love of pies, I MUST have Felicity and Dean Winchester eat pie together.  And I'm pretty sure I'll be shipping Deanlicity hard core forever now.  

• Love 1

Sadly, the first is going to be the true and then I'll  have to stop watching this show.

Isn't Merlyn supposed to be some super-ninja?  Why does Brick never get beaten up himself?

Wow... This is comedy gold (and not in a good way). Is he serious?

No one spends that much time on twitter if he doesn't have a huge ego.

Edited by statsgirl

Sadly, the first is going to be the true and then I'll  have to stop watching this show.

Isn't Merlyn supposed to be some super-ninja?  Why does Brick never get beaten up himself?

No one spends that much time on twitter if he doesn't have a huge ego.

How come? We all know Felicity loves him. I'm still thinking/Hoping she pushes him away so he can do what he needs to do to beat Ra's/Malcolm. Remember how she said she was afraid he would use his humanity against him. Maybe she feels if he doesn't think she loves him he will be able to focus more

• Love 1

Apparently BR is going to the Salt Lake Comic Con (Jan. 29-31, Salt Lake City, Utah)...

Brandon Routh @BrandonJRouth  ·  16h 16 hours ago
Solid group! “@_HeroesForHire: Enroute to @slcomiccon with @feliciaday @AlainaHuffman @BrandonJRouth & @Laurie_Holden !! #SLCcomiccon #SLC”

https://twitter.com/brandonjrouth

Oh JB (go to Whosay page to see pic of Malcolm POP doll))...

He can now sit next to my #MalcomMerlyn custom made Funko jb @OriginalFunko

http://www.whosay.com/status/johnbarrowman/1063247?wsref=tw&code=TAWa5zG

Yep, she's not going anywhere...

Geoff Johns @geoffjohns  ·  Jan 28
I love you @MzKatieCassidy

https://twitter.com/geoffjohns

Maybe John Campea will change his mind now...

John Campea @johncampea  ·  20h 20 hours ago
Wow, over 8k people watched our Arrow After Show over night which is a new overnight record for a non-Stephen Amell guest episode. *sigh :P

https://twitter.com/johncampea

Edited by tv echo

Why couldn't the truth be that Brick beats up Merlyn, and the other two are lies? Seems possible/likely, plus Stephen wouldn't be spoiling an important development in a random FB post. The Olicity thing would be huge to spoil, while it's kind of a given that Brick will be beating up people left and right.

• Love 1

I have the feeling John Campea won't change his mind unless the show changes. Too much at stake to be seen giving in.

Why couldn't the truth be that Brick beats up Merlyn, and the other two are lies? Seems possible/likely, plus Stephen wouldn't be spoiling an important development in a random FB post. The Olicity thing would be huge to spoil, while it's kind of a given that Brick will be beating up people left and right.

I think Brick is on for only 3 episodes, which means 312 would be his last.  Also, there was a preview picture

with him blooded and wounded

I think.  But oh, how I would love it if Brick did beat up Merlyn

after Laurel and Roy insisted they needed him to join

Are episode descriptions  and photographs considered spoilers?

I also think there was an increase in Campea's show because people wanted to see what he would say and if he would follow through with quitting being the first major appearance of Blah Canary.

It's funny though, because he didn't indicate during his show that he was considering quitting. He went off on Diggle being left in the foundry while Laurel went out and dealt with the hostage situation with the alderman and how Felicity lost her mind when she went and told Laurel that she should suit up and said that was the first time in the history of the show he felt the writers disrespected his intelligence. I guess he continued to stew on that after the show was over, because it seemed throughout like he was going to keep tuning in.

He said in his tweet that he deliberately tried to keep his bitterness out of the show, to make it more entertaining for the audience I presume. But he must have decided before or at least been thinking about it because the tweet that he was quitting came fairly soon afterwards.

I was kind of surprised by how subdued Campea was considering how they all agreed it was the worst episode of Arrow. Ann and Kaori didn't seem remotely enthused about being there. I don't think he'll change his mind. He's said a lot in the past that this isn't his dayjob. He's a movie guy, and for him to devote his time to a tv show, it has to be pretty special. I'd imagine taking the time to do the show takes up a good bit of his Wednesday nights. He has to watch the episode, slog through all those tweets, drive to wherever they film, film, and drive home in one night. It's gotta suck that he spent all that energy on a show that ultimately ended up disappointing him.

• Love 7

He said in his tweet that he deliberately tried to keep his bitterness out of the show, to make it more entertaining for the audience I presume. But he must have decided before or at least been thinking about it because the tweet that he was quitting came fairly soon afterwards.

Ah, okay. I don't follow him on Twitter, so I didn't see any of that. 

If i had to bet i would say they probably watch the east coast airing at the studio (so many ways to do it online and do it legally) and then they go about preferring the after show.

To be honest i agree with him- the entire canary arc this season is a big insult to viewers intelligence, with that being said I'm gonna stick a bit more because i am hoping the ep's will wise up and give us our repay by the end of the season. (If they do it by getting rid of the show fool I'll be the happiest,

It makes sense that they watch the east coast airing because then they drive to wherever their studio is and put the show on right after the west coast airing.

Marc Guggenheim may not have heard of John Campea and his show but the CW has since  he opened his show talking about just having gone to a CW even with an Arrow writer.  (Didn't say which writer it was)

It makes sense that they watch the east coast airing because then they drive to wherever their studio is and put the show on right after the west coast airing.

Marc Guggenheim may not have heard of John Campea and his show but the CW has since he opened his show talking about just having gone to a CW even with an Arrow writer. (Didn't say which writer it was)

Oleson, I think he wrote 311. It was the CW Fan Talk thing.

Haha, so Campea went to an event with one of the writers responsible for writing the very episode that made him quit because he thought the writing was so insulting that is was disrespecting his intelligence?  That's hilarious.

ETA:  OK, I looked it up.  3x11 was written by Wendy Mericle and Ben Sokolowski, not Erik Oleson (Oleson wrote 3x10 w/ Guggenheim).  Well that's just not as funny now.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 5

Oleson and MG also co-wrote 314 together; you know, the one MG just said was his favorite Season 3 episode, because it's just really special, a love letter to the fans. Like, damn, buddy, it would probably look better to name someone else's episode when asked.

• Love 1

Oleson and MG also co-wrote 314 together; you know, the one MG just said was his favorite Season 3 episode, because it's just really special, a love letter to the fans. Like, damn, buddy, it would probably look better to name someone else's episode when asked.

Wow, that's weird. You'd think they'd have the 311 writer on to talk about 311 right before 311 aired :)

Ben Sokolowski was one of the writers for 305, the Secret Origins of Felicity Smoak and Flash vs Arrow. Weird to have her so OOC in 311.

Delphi, I'm looking. Haven't found the link yet, but it's one of the interview from the TCA event.  Meanwhile, here's a quote from David Ramsey

With his military acumen and her techno-smarts, original team members Diggle and Felicity “become essentially the leaders on Team Arrow,” Ramsey adds.

and another from Guggenheim

Felicity will have her own journey in the latter half of this season, Guggenheim promised: “Felicity is a hero in her own right. There’s different forms of heroism on both shows. The beauty of Felicity is that she’s the moral center of ‘Arrow’ and that’s actually the role that she starts to ascend to post-episode 309 where she’s the conscience. In many ways, she starts off trying to be Oliver’s voice in his absence and then starts to develop her own way of thinking about things. She’s always been very confident but she really comes into her own after Oliver’s apparent death.”

Edited by statsgirl

Campea used to the Aftershow at his house. It's only this season they started doing at a studio.

That might make it even worse since I think this has been the worst season of the show.

Edited by AnyoneButYou

I generally like Ben Sokolowski's work. Not a fan of Wendy Mericle or Beth Schwartz. And MG's work on the show AND paper consistently underwhelms me.  So while I'm surprised Ben S was working on this episode, I'm not ready to proactively eye roll every future episode he's working on. But Wendy M, Beth S and MG? Yes.

The GJ tweet seemed so incredibly random that it rattled me. I like him a lot - in the comics and for the various shows. I don't remember seeing him give that kind of declaration to any other cast members, either.  So does it actually mean - "contract renewal" or was he showing support in the event that the reviews of the episode, and her performance, were harsh?  or are they having an affair (which would explain quite a bit and would confirm my husband's long time theory of how she remains on the show)?

I do think the cast and crew have shown KC a lot of social media love around specific episodes but it seems to be a one way street. 

• Love 4