Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I didn't know where to put this but this seemed appropriate? I just found Blake Neely's theme for Oliver/Felicity in The Climb and I have to say, it's quite beautiful. I didn't think much of it during the episode but hearing it on its own, it very much suits them. It's melancholic but also uplifting which basically epitomizes Oliver/Felicity's story right now. 

X

Also included is the song played during Oliver's 'death' scene. 

• Love 5
Stephen Amell @amellywood  ·  18h 18 hours ago

So excited to have @gregorythesmith on the #Arrow directing team. Give him a warm welcome.

Stephen Amell retweeted

Arrow - GreenArrowTV @GreenArrowTV  ·  19h 19 hours ago

#Everwood's Gregory Smith To Direct For #Arrow http://www.greenarrowtv.com/everwoods-gregory-smith-to-direct-for-arrow/20756 … @GBerlanti

https://twitter.com/amellywood

Brandon Routh @BrandonJRouth  ·  8h 8 hours ago

.@manubennett @officialbrooks @MTV Cool! He lives! Big fan of Druid Allanon & Mr. Brooks. Manu isn’t 2 bad either. ;)

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/18/manu-bennett-joins-mtv-shannara/

Brandon Routh @BrandonJRouth  ·  16h 16 hours ago

A great friend, actor & director! “@amellywood: So excited to have @gregorythesmith on the #Arrow directing team. Give him a warm welcome.”

Brandon Routh @BrandonJRouth  ·  16h 16 hours ago

My friend! “@GBerlanti: We are so pumped! RT @GreenArrowTV: #Everwood’s @gregorythesmith To Direct 4 #Arrow http://www.greenarrowtv.com/everwoods-gregory-smith-to-direct-for-arrow/20756 …”

https://twitter.com/brandonjrouth

Paul Blackthorne @PaulBlackthorne  ·  11h 11 hours ago

Finished shooting #Arrow 314 last night - great #LanceFamily scenes courtesy of @ARROWwriters

I just LOVE working with @MzKatieCassidy ...

https://twitter.com/paulblackthorne

Blake Neely @cowonthewall  ·  14h 14 hours ago

Go break the iTunes store now!! The Flash vs. Arrow (Music Selections from the Epic 2-Night Event) by Blake Neely

https://itun.es/us/80I04

https://twitter.com/cowonthewall

Edited by tv echo

He also mentioned that with the amount of money raised by his "F*ck Cancer" t-shirt campaign, the charity made him a board member. Which he seemed pretty proud about (and should be!). The final total was somewhere under the $1.4 million mark.

A part three (and final part) should be posted later today I believe.

He's absolutely right about twitter. It's just a way for people to spew their thoughts into the ether, with no consideration or consequence. I remember when TWoP was shutting down, I made a comparison between the ever dwindling internet forums (like this one) and twitter: Forums are a place where reasoned discussion can be had, and you can construct an argument and listen to a response, and sometimes you'll learn something new or adjust your own views on the basis of it. Twitter is just a load of people shouting out at once, and no one is listening unless they're famous.

The death of discourse and reason.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 5

He's absolutely right about twitter. It's just a way for people to spew their thoughts into the ether, with no consideration or consequence. I remember when TWoP was shutting down, I made a comparison between the ever dwindling internet forums (like this one) and twitter: Forums are a place where reasoned discussion can be had, and you can construct an argument and listen to a response, and sometimes you'll learn something new or adjust your own views on the basis of it. Twitter is just a load of people shouting out at once, and no one is listening unless they're famous.

The death of discourse and reason.

I disagree - I've had plenty of reasonable discussions on Twitter. But, you can only be reasonable if you're arguing with reasonable people, and that's an issue regardless of the forum, IMO. He was right about the trolls though, Twitter needs to figure out a way to deal with that. But Facebook isn't without its drawbacks too, although its working really well for him, so I can see why he likes it.

• Love 12
Why the "yikes"?

i mean every woman is different, one would assume he knows his wife well enough to know how she would have preferred to be proposed.

Personally i thought his proposal was sweet and sounded very romantic. I have never understood why people propose in the middle of a fancy restaurant, or buy air time for the screen at a ball game. A nice, quiet, personal proposal at home sounds romantic as hell and is right down my ally.

Also. Yea, i agree with him about the band... Firstly i find the whole engagement ring thing idiotically patriarchal - unless both sides are wearing one (which you still rarely see) I'm into equal opportunities so i have to ask: why only the woman ever wear one? Stupid, IMO. Secondly: money wise, i would much rather save the money on the engagement ring and buy a wedding band for each- where the bands each has a couple of small diamonds or a different rock (maybe the rock for the month the couple is wed, or something symbolic like that) for each partner in the marriage, better than spending 80% of the money on one flashy ring and two cheap bands. Also pity the one proposing for having to pay for more than one ring, there are better ways to use that money.

Thirdly(and totally a personality thing): i'm a total ocd independent woman, i hate it when people chose for me, so even if i were to have an engagement ring I'd really rather chose/design the ring myself.

So yea.. I thought his story was super sweet and romantic. Plus he did have the wedding band, so it was obviously planned and not a spur of the moment thing (which is not always a bad thing), as far as we know they may have even discussed the topic of marriage before he proposed.

• Love 1

I don't have an issue with his proposal or anything like that (that part of his story sounded nice), just the fact that he said that guys shouldn't propose with a diamond so they can make sure the woman is saying yes for the right reasons, not just because they want a pretty ring. Give a girl a diamond or don't, but if you think she's going to say yes so she can have one, maybe reconsider the proposal in the first place. 

For me, it's more about that mindset than whatever kind of ring there is or isn't. Glad that worked out for him though.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 10

Possibly. In all honesty i didn't really take what he said at face value as something he really believes in.

I think we can all agree Stephen has a bit of a foot in mouth issue coupled with the occasional lack of brain to mouth filter, and he was obviously tired during the Q&A (which meant he wasn't thinking with a clear head) so i think that made it worse. I noticed alot of times he will say something but (okay to me personally) it was obvious he doesn't really mean or believe it, this kind of felt like one of those times.

I think sometimes he tries to be funny or says something as a joke and it sounds absolutely fine in his head but when he says it out loud it sounds off or offensive or something. He has a slightly dry-sarcastic sense of humor.. Having one myself i am painfully familiar with how people mis- understand the joke as something it really wasn't meant to be.

But I also understand where you're coming from.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1

I watched 9 episodes of The Affair for Colin Donnell and he only had like 5 scenes in total.

I am sorry for having wasted all that time on a shitty drama about really shitty people.

Colin Donnell was dreamy in all his five scenes though.

• Love 1

Hi,

I have a question and I hope this is the right thread.

I started watching Arrow this November. Finished season 1,2 and 3 (aired episodes) in 3 days.

Here's my question: were the actors that portray Oliver and Laurel screen-tested together?

Please if anyone knows the answer to that above question I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Edited by Chiny11

It was said that Stephen Amell and Katie Cassidy were not chemistry tested. Which is a mistake they have since corrected and have chem tested everyone else including Grant Gustin with EBR and Caity Lotz with Katrina Law. 

It was a mistake that I think worked out better for them. EBR is a far better choice for lead actress on this show. They just need to stop throwing everyone else under the bus for the character that hasn't worked since the beginning. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 8

Thanks for the responses.

This is very interesting and I agree it was a huge... huge mistake. Yikes!

I wonder why they didn't screen-test them. Especially if the writers were planning to sell them as "the couple to root for" based on comic history (don't know if that makes sense).

Oh well... What's done is done, I guess. LooL

Also Katie Cassidy made it sound like she had the role without even auditioning. When in reality they auditioned many girls like the one who played Cupid. We didn't even know she auditioned until she started talking about her episode this year!

Edited by olicityfan25

Also Katie Cassidy made it sound like she had the role without even auditioning. When in reality they auditioned many girls like the

one who played Cupid. We didn't even know she auditioned until she started talking about her episode this year!

Hmmm... Interesting.

Wonder if TPTB ever find it awkward that Stephen seems to have chemistry with every other female he is paired with except the supposed "main chick".

Even that lady (the one who played Cupid) had very good chemistry with Stephen. At least, in my opinion. ☺

Edited by Chiny11
  • Love 2

I think they were auditioning other actresses, then the Network told them to cast Katie Cassidy (because she has some kind of deal with the CW). So they had no choice. However they had a big plans for Laurel Lance/Black Canary and despite the actress being a poor fit they are going to continue with those original plans no matter what. 

Even when they have just given the Black Canary the worst backstory in comic history and gave The Canary a much better one.

• Love 6

I think they were auditioning other actresses, then the Network told them to cast Katie Cassidy (because she has some kind of deal with the CW). So they had no choice. However they had a big plans for Laurel Lance/Black Canary and despite the actress being a poor fit they are going to continue with those original plans no matter what.

I think that KC had a similar experience to David Ramsey. She had what he termed a friendly audition, where someone wanted her in the role (for DR it was Berlanti, for KC my bet is someone at The CW). She went in to audition but she was already on the short list, the EPs knew her history and the audition was more a formality.

Unfortunately, IMO while this worked out well for DR it did not for KC, she's totally miscast in the role. I'll also never understand how they didn't chem test SA/KC. Since the epic Lauiver chemistry failure they've chem tested any potential hookups, EBR with Grant and Brandon, SA with Caity and Celina, Caity with Katrina, Grant with Candice (Flash).

If Ted Grant is supposed to be Laurel's LI this season they failed to chem test them which seems dumb. Hell even if they're not supposed to be LI, you'd think they would do a chem test just to make sure they could pull off friends/partners/mentor/mentee relationship.

• Love 8

Maybe it's KC that refuses to chem test because she's a "method" actor? For her the chemistry as to come about naturally on screen with the characters. But because she's failing at bringing the character of Laurel to life no one can have chemistry with her. 

And I'm sorry having seen other actors turn crappy writing and storytelling (this TV Season) into something that made me tear up or care about their character even with crappy writing. I put the blame mostly on KC now. 

• Love 2

John Barrowman will be a guest at the Montreal Comicon on July 4 & 5, 2015:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152676046301888
http://www.montrealcomiccon.com/en/our-guests/283-john-barrowman/

Arrow shared CW Seed's photo. 14 hrs ·
See Emily Bett Rickards go from hi-tech to high fashion on CW Seed: bit.ly/16OCTQN

https://www.facebook.com/CWArrow
CW Seed's CelebTV Video - Emily Bett Rickards' Runway Cover!
http://cwseed.com/shows/celebtv/?play=b873bef7-1a69-404b-a41d-629595ed0772

Retweeted by Katrina Law
Jessica Grapensteter @PitBullLover181  ·  20h 20 hours ago
This just made my day .  Thank you!! @KittCrusaders @caitylotz @Misskatrinalaw

B5kEczhCYAAnCZa.jpg

https://twitter.com/Misskatrinalaw

Retweeted by Charlotte Ross
Love this @charlotteross interview with @Shape_Magazine - inspirational fitness fanatic, mother & actress #RoleModel

https://twitter.com/charlotteross

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Interview with Andy Poon, Concept Illustrator for Arrow (his first design was Huntress, but he's most proud of Deathstroke, and he seems embarrassed by the Ravager mask) and The Flash...

The Hartley Show Season 5 Ep 7: From Arrow: Andy Poon - Concept illustrator
Published on Dec 23, 2014

Edited by tv echo

If Ted Grant is supposed to be Laurel's LI this season they failed to chem test them which seems dumb. Hell even if they're not supposed to be LI, you'd think they would do a chem test just to make sure they could pull off friends/partners/mentor/mentee relationship.

I know the initial casting announcements hinted that he was going to be Laurel's LI, but that could just be the spin the spoiler people put on it.  Or it could be a deliberate misdirect, like OUaT saying they were casting a love interest for Henry when they were really casting for a flashback friend of Emma's, or a p.r. thing to show that Oliver is not going to be Laurel's LI this season..

Until I hear otherwise, I'm still holding out for a Laurel/Ra's relationship.

• Love 2

Interview with Andy Poon, Concept Illustrator for Arrow (his first design was Huntress, but he's most proud of Deathstroke, and he seems embarrassed by the Ravager mask) and The Flash...

The Hartley Show Season 5 Ep 7: From Arrow: Andy Poon - Concept illustrator

Published on Dec 23, 2014

Wonder if he is responsible for Buckles Canary.  Makes Ravenger's mask look like a masterpiece. 

From the Team Arrow thread:

Even when D/F are heroic onscreen, like in the S2 finale, the promos were all about Laurel with a bow.

For the next to last episode, the PR people released pictures of Laurel with a bow, but they also released several other shots, and the trailers focused on Slade, Oliver and the Mirakuru soldiers - not Laurel. For the actual finale, the released pictures focused on Slade, Deadshot, Diggle, Amanda Waller, the League of Assassins, Isabel and that shot of Slade holding a sword to Felicity's neck. The trailers focused on the action stuff - Slade, Starling City burning, and Oliver.  The interviews focused on Slade, Deadshot, Diggle, Oliver and Felicity.

Sure, the internet reaction focused on Laurel and that shot of her holding Oliver's bow, but that tends to happen whenever anything gets released about Laurel. And several assumptions made by fans about that picture - that she would be part of Team Arrow in the finale and would be fighting next to Oliver's side - didn't happen. Instead, she spent the next to last episode watching Sara be a superhero and the finale getting kidnapped.

The same thing seems to be holding true for the upcoming episodes.  Apart from a couple of tweets released on the day after Christmas, one of the least likely days for anyone to notice, the actual PR - tweets from various people involved with the show, interviews with the cast, the New Zealand promos - is once again focused on Team Arrow, Roy, Malcolm Merlyn and

the returns of Sara, Tommy and Slade.

But the internet reaction seems to be focused on Laurel.

Edited by quarks
  • Love 4

There was the Klaus/Caroline hookup last year in the woods that I thought was pretty hot. I remember watching it and going, OK, that's CW. I need something like that for Oliver and Felicity. But please, no leg hooks on the waist. Ugh, reminds me too much of L/O scene (I can't think of that scene without the blooper, LOL!).

Please, What happened in the blooper? *EagerlyAwaitsRespomse* :)

From the Team Arrow thread:

For the next to last episode, the PR people released pictures of Laurel with a bow, but they also released several other shots, and the trailers focused on Slade, Oliver and the Mirakuru soldiers - not Laurel. For the actual finale, the released pictures focused on Slade, Deadshot, Diggle, Amanda Waller, the League of Assassins, Isabel and that shot of Slade holding a sword to Felicity's neck. The trailers focused on the action stuff - Slade, Starling City burning, and Oliver.  The interviews focused on Slade, Deadshot, Diggle, Oliver and Felicity.

Sure, the internet reaction focused on Laurel and that shot of her holding Oliver's bow, but that tends to happen whenever anything gets released about Laurel. And several assumptions made by fans about that picture - that she would be part of Team Arrow in the finale and would be fighting next to Oliver's side - didn't happen. Instead, she spent the next to last episode watching Sara be a superhero and the finale getting kidnapped.

The same thing seems to be holding true for the upcoming episodes.  Apart from a couple of tweets released on the day after Christmas, one of the least likely days for anyone to notice, the actual PR - tweets from various people involved with the show, interviews with the cast, the New Zealand promos - is once again focused on Team Arrow, Roy, Malcolm Merlyn and

the returns of Sara, Tommy and Slade.

But the internet reaction seems to be focused on Laurel.

This is so true

List of 2015 comic con appearances scheduled by Arrow actors so far (subject to change), plus the two major comic cons that Arrow cast will likely attend -- listed in chronological order:

Wizard World's New Orleans Comic Con, Jan. 9-11, 2015
Caity Lotz

Wizard World's Portland Comic Con, Jan. 23-25, 2015
Stephen Amell and Katie Cassidy

Dallas ComicCon's Fan Days, Feb. 7-8, 2015
Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy and John Barrowman

Wizard World's Indianapolis Comic Con, Feb. 13-15, 2015
Katie Cassidy

Wizard World's Cleveland Comic Con, Feb. 20-22, 2015
Michael Rowe (Deadshot)

Planet Comicon, Mar. 13-15, 2015 (Kansas City, MO)
Stephen Amell and John Barrowman

Megacon, April 10-12, 2015 (Orlando, FL)
Stephen Amell, David Ramsey and Katie Cassidy

Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo, April 16-19, 2015
Stephen Amell

Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo C2E2, April 24-26, 2015
David Ramsey

Queen's Rebellion, April 25-26, 2015 (Germany)
Paul Blackthorne and Manu Bennett

Wizard World's Minneapolis Comic Con, May 1-3, 2015
Katie Cassidy

Wizard World's Philadelphia Comic Con, May 7-10, 2015
Katie Cassidy

Rogue Events' The City of Heroes, May 15-17, 2015 (Birmingham, United Kingdom)
Stephen Amell, David Ramsey, Caity Lotz and Manu Bennett

Dallas ComicCon's Fan Expo, May 29-31, 2015
Manu Bennett

Wizard World's Des Moines Comic Con, June 12-14, 2015
Manu Bennett

Wizard World's Sacramento Comic Con, June 19-21, 2015
Katie Cassidy and Manu Bennett

Montreal Comicon, July 3-5, 2015
John Barrowman

SAN DIEGO COMIC CON INTERNATIONAL, July 9-12, 2015
No guests posted yet, but assume Arrow cast/producers will attend.

Dragon Con, September 4-7, 2015 (Atlanta, GA)
Stephen Amell and John Barrowman

NEW YORK COMIC CON, Oct. 8-11, 2015
No guests posted yet, but assume Arrow actors/producers will attend.

Sources:
- http://www.wizardworld.com/
- http://www.comic-con.org/cci
- http://www.dragoncon.org/
- http://www.queensreb.../#!guests/c1w4l
- http://www.fanexpoda...an-expo-guests/
- http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com
- http://www.c2e2.com/...ainment-Guests/
- https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/events?key=events
- http://dallascomiccon.com/
- http://planetcomicon.com/
- http://megaconvention.com/
- http://www.calgaryexpo.com/
- https://rogueevent.co.uk/wordpress/the-city-of-heroes/

EDITED TO ADD:  Additional comic con events noted by Kordi.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Dear @TVecho, on his Facebook Page, Stephen Amell lists some more events that he is going to attend in 2015 and that are not mentioned in your post (see https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/events?key=events) :

Feb 07, Dallas Comic Con, Dallas/ Texas

Mar 14, Planet Comic Con, Kansas City/ Kansas

Abr 11, Megacon, Orlando/ Florida

Abr 18, Calgary Expo, Calgary/ Alberta (Canada)

May 15, The City of Heroes, Birmingham/ UK

However, I don't know whether SA updates this part of his FB page and whether the organizers of the events in question have confirmed his attendance.

Edited by Kordi
  • Love 1

Thanks, Kordi!  I have added the additional comic con events to my post after checking out the event websites to confirm guests listed on those sites (url links for event websites also added under Sources).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I came across this summary of what was said during the Arrow panel (Aug. 31) at this year's Dragon Con 2014.  The guests included Katrina Law, Caity Lotz, David Nykl, Manu Bennett, Paul Blackthorne and Katie Cassidy.  It's pretty interesting stuff because the actors offer their own insights...

Dragon Con 2014
Published by Wolfen Moondaughter on December 22 and 29, 2014
Part Nine: Sunday Arrow Panel, First Half
http://sequentialtart.com/article.php?id=2682
Part Ten: Sunday Arrow Panel, Second Half
http://www.sequentialtart.com/article.php?id=2683

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
Bennett said when Slade first met Sara, he played it like he fell for her, not knowing where things were going to go with Shado.

What? That's not how it looked it to me. It looked like Slade didn't really like Sara showing up. That would've been a ton more interesting. But I guess he was supposed to suddenly be in madly love with Shado. 

I do love that now that Bennett and Lotz are not on the show that much they are not afraid to say the writers are making it up as they go along and they have to keep changing the way they play the character. I know I shouldn't bring up KC but I think that's where she's failing, she's not adapting to the random changes that the writers throw out like the other actors are able to do. 

• Love 1