Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, jaye.elle said:

As someone who has never seen a Kardashain post (except possibly on the news), I have no idea what the post. All I know is there is no way I can have that appear on a work PC without getting questions! haha

Oh you know...just their bare asses, boobs, just being naked and photographed from every angle in whatever practically. 

That's weird. It looked not so bad in that picture with a fan the other day. Must have been the lighting.

I would not have thought this possible after the season finale, but I'm actually kind of excited? I don't envy Beth having to clean up the mess that was left for her, but I'm hoping for the best.

• Love 7
(edited)

2018 Cancer Gets Lost Online Charity Auction Details!
June 29, 2018
http://cancergetslost.org/2018-cancer-gets-lost-online-charity-auction-details/

The 2018 Cancer Gets Lost Charity Auction to benefit PanCAN is NOW OPEN online for fans around the world (one day earlier than planned)! We are featuring 400+ pop culture collectibles from over 80 TV shows and 40 films, plus a variety of books, comics and more! And thanks to the kindness of fans and actors, producers and writers – almost all of our auction items are signed.
The 2018 Cancer Gets Lost Charity Auction will begin closing on Wednesday, July 11 at 8:15am PDT: ONE ITEM AT A TIME, one per minute – in order, as listed (numerically). Please note the closing time on each item as you strategize your personal bidding process!

89 - Arrow Character Montage Art Print Signed by 7 Cast
30535967_1m.jpg?v=8D5E08B0E40D8C0

90 - Arrow Felicity Smoak Funko Pop! Signed by Emily Bett Rickards (Rare/Vaulted)
30535968_1m.jpg?v=8D5E06560AEA450

91 - Arrow Malcolm Merlyn (Convention Excl.) Funko Pop! Signed by John Barrowman
30535969_1m.jpg?v=8D5DF02F7F43AA0

92 - Arrow Speedy Funko Pop! Signed by Willa Holland
30535970_1m.jpg?v=8D5E04538933550

93 - Arrow Team Katrina Law Jacket Signed by Katrina Law
30535971_1m.jpg?v=8D5DFA1ACCA6FF0

94 - Arrow The Arrow Funko Pop! Signed by Stephen Amell
30535972_1m.jpg?v=8D5E07C37248520

95 - Arrow The Arrow Mini Art Print Signed by Stephen Amell
30535973_1m.jpg?v=8D5E0622A952EF0

96 - Arrow: Season 1 DVD Signed by S. Amell, C. Donnell, W. Holland & C. Lotz
30535974_1m.jpg?v=8D5DF6C851B15C0 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Neither SA nor DR went to see EBR in Reborning. I'm not going to fault them for that. Sometimes life, family, and other personal or work commitments can take priority over doing other things that you might want to do. But what puzzles me is why neither of them didn't even tweet support or mention of her. It would be one thing if they were just too busy or wanted to take a vacation from social media altogether. But that isn't the case.  

SA had time to tweet - not once, not twice, but three times - in support of Carina MacKenzie's Roswell (not to mention all of his other recent social media activity).

DR has not tweeted anything recently, but he did post a video on instagram 2 days ago promoting some singer in L.A.

However, I'm not gonna sweat it. I'm primarily interested in the characters that they play on Arrow. Also, for all I know, they called or texted EBR on the phone. It could be they just prefer more direct and private communication.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

Knowing the way they feel about her, I find it impossible to believe that Stephen and David wouldn't have contacted Emily to wish her good luck and/or congratulations. Would it have been nice to see them do it publicly? Yes, but it also would have been purely for the benefit of letting fans know they wished her good luck. Emily doesn't strike me as the kind of person who thinks it only "counts" if it's done publicly. But I say this as someone who wished my best friend happy birthday by text yesterday morning and purposely didn't also do it on FB and IG where all of our friends could see it. 

The Roswell tweets annoy me only because I find Carina extremely annoying, LOL. She strikes me as exactly the kind of person who requires performative public acknowledgement of how awesome she is, and would send a group text to ask everyone to promote her show. Sadly, their tweets are wasted on me. Even if Carina wasn't annoying, I wouldn't watch because (a) it will never improve on the original and (b) Luke's stupid Australian son from General Hospital is the lead? Nooooope. No way, no how.

• Love 15
(edited)

Yeah, I'm side-eyeing both David and Stephen on this, but mostly Stephen because of his constant promotion of Carina and her Roswell reboot and not one tweet promoting Emily's play. I don't care if he called her to say good luck, congrats or sent a huge bouquet of flowers. He could have posted one friggin tweet saying "check it out" or just RT'd what Emily was tweeting. 

I'd joked on Twitter that maybe the Roswell characters are drinking Nocking Point wine. 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 10

I don't question Stephen and David's personal regard for Emily.  And I give them a break, mostly because recent Nocking Point antics aside, in the past Emily has not always so great about promoting other people's projects on social media.  I have no doubt that she and her co-workers are at least cordial if not downright affectionate, but in the past she hasn't done a lot of shout outs.  I'm interested in seeing if that changes now that she has a new PR team to encourage her to be a little more social on social media. 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

The Roswell tweets annoy me only because I find Carina extremely annoying, LOL. She strikes me as exactly the kind of person who requires performative public acknowledgement of how awesome she is, and would send a group text to ask everyone to promote her show.

This. She recently made an IG post about how she was having a tough time and woke up to lots of supportive texts from her friends, and then she tagged EBR, SA and his wife, CH, AT, EH, JW, JB, etc in the caption. Seemed like she was making private messages of support public. Her friendships seem very performative. I wouldn't be surprised if she asked everyone to promote the Roswell event that AT is hosting (even EBR did a story about it last week).

I'm guessing SA and DR didn't feel the need to promote the play because they didn't need to. I'm not sure if it sold out every night, but judging from JH's video, that theater was tiny and very full. Still, it would have been nice to see a "so proud of her" tweet or two. 

The one ridiculous thing I'm seeing is some fandom conspiracy theories that SA is being so publicly supportive of CM because she can one day give him a job. I doubt he'll be eager to head back into TV as a No 1 on the callsheet when Arrow is over, but if he were, he'd get a lot farther by congratulating Berlanti every time he announces a new project.

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Trisha said:

The one ridiculous thing I'm seeing is some fandom conspiracy theories that SA is being so publicly supportive of CM because she can one day give him a job. I doubt he'll be eager to head back into TV as a No 1 on the callsheet when Arrow is over, but if he were, he'd get a lot farther by congratulating Berlanti every time he announces a new project.

Carina's been unabashedly thirsty for Stephen for years. She'd give him a job if he wanted it regardless of what he tweeted about her show, LOL.

• Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Carina's been unabashedly thirsty for Stephen for years. She'd give him a job if he wanted it regardless of what he tweeted about her show, LOL.

Honestly, she sometimes seems as if she'd probably give him everything he wanted. She seems like the kind of person who needs that sort of validation which, let's be honest, is actually a little sad. She isn't a teenager.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Is it just me or is SA extra annoying this hiatus? LMAO. 

it's not just you, he is extra annoying. he hasn't said or done anything useful or entertaining all hiatus except annoy ppl.

23 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Yeah, I'm side-eyeing both David and Stephen on this, but mostly Stephen because of his constant promotion of Carina and her Roswell reboot and not one tweet promoting Emily's play. I don't care if he called her to say good luck, congrats or sent a huge bouquet of flowers. He could have posted one friggin tweet saying "check it out" or just RT'd what Emily was tweeting. 

I'd joked on Twitter that maybe the Roswell characters are drinking Nocking Point wine. 

Stephen might be annoying but I certainly would say that he has promoted Emily and her side projects a lot in the past...and as I understand he was busy filming and couldn't attend and for all we know she couldve asked him not to promote it...all the ppl that promoted it arent closer to her just because they've shared the poster on SM.

And I think those that follow him that would attend the play probably already follow her and are aware of it.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Trisha said:

As a Canadian, his tweet made me laugh - and then get a full body shiver when I realized he might not be joking. 

As someone who just got her green reno subsidy cancelled by Mr. Ford,  I think Canada could do worse.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

As someone who just got her green reno subsidy cancelled by Mr. Ford,  I think Canada could do worse.

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. It’s a scary time.

Meanwhile, looks like SA and EBR are hanging out today:

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, BunsenBurner said:

??? Please explain green Reno subsidy.

The previous provincial government had created a subsidy for home renovations that were climate-friendly (e.g. solar panels, insulating to keep down heating and cooling costs). It and other green programs were paid for out of the cap-and-trade carbon pricing system, the first thing Doug Ford cancelled when he became premier.   There go the air-tight windows for my 85 year old house. Leaded glass is very pretty but also very cold in winter.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The previous provincial government had created a subsidy for home renovations that were climate-friendly (e.g. solar panels, insulating to keep down heating and cooling costs). It and other green programs were paid for out of the cap-and-trade carbon pricing system, the first thing Doug Ford cancelled when he became premier.   There go the air-tight windows for my 85 year old house. Leaded glass is very pretty but also very cold in winter.

I get very confused about what title Canadian politicians are called.  I'm looking and Doug Ford, he's basically the Governor of Ontario?  Premier sounds as fancy as Prime Minister.  

The Canadian corner of the Fourth of July party. After her joke in her interview a couple of weeks ago, I hope Emily was presenting him with her first list of demands for S7.

• Love 2
(edited)

I came across this old 2012 casting call for Arrow - enjoy!...

Casting Call for CW TV Show “Arrow”
February 10, 2012   Amanda Williams
https://www.2018auditions.com/television-cws-arrow/

Casting directors are holding a casting call for CW TV show “Arrow”. A new edgy yet refined pilot called “Arrow” will debut on CW Network this year. Producers are convinced this will be nothing like the comic book ‘Green Arrow’ character but most definitely cannot deny that it may be as successful. “Arrow” will hopefully replace CW’s hit series “Smallville” which ended in 2011 after a very successful run. The main character Oliver Queen will be played by Stephen Amell, who critics recently have compared to Matt Damon in his Jason Bourne infamous bit. While trying to steer away from the typical comic book character, producers are explaining that this will definitely be a series more steered toward adult audiences.

Warner Bros TV and CW’s Thom Sherman will be responsible for “Arrow”, along with director David Nutter who is in charge of HBO’s award winning ”Game of Thrones”. It is also rumored that Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim will write and executive produce the show. They were responsible for “Green Lantern.” With that said there is no surprise that Arrow’s character Oliver Queen will not have any special superpowers. Instead he will be more grounded as opposed to his powerful ways portrayed in the DC Comics.

In the meantime as writing is ahead and everything is put together casting directors are on an active pursuit to find starring roles and extras for the TV Series. Talent of all ethnicity and ages are being called in for the casting call. Five roles are being cast for filming which is set to shoot in March. ...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Did Colton do something to his face or is he wearing makeup? Or maybe it is just the pose and the beard. Something seems different to me. Maybe it is just my eyes.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Belinea said:

Did Colton do something to his face or is he wearing makeup? Or maybe it is just the pose and the beard. Something seems different to me. Maybe it is just my eyes.

It looks to me like he's using contour and maybe trimming his stubble to highlight his cheekbones. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, jaye.elle said:

I'm trying to work out what that means - and if it's something offensive, hence why she removed it? 

Well, either she is the Donald of the group or White House refers to a place where people use cocaine. Hence the white. Could be wrong though.

Edited by Belinea
10 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I didnt even recognize JH.

seeing as Paul and JH are basically the only two ppl KC has posted a lot of pics with last season and is now continuing it this season with JH, I have a feeling these two will share more scenes and I wouldn't be shocked if they made them lovers.

11 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

I didnt even recognize JH.

seeing as Paul and JH are basically the only two ppl KC has posted a lot of pics with last season and is now continuing it this season with JH, I have a feeling these two will share more scenes and I wouldn't be shocked if they made them lovers.

JH has one of those faces that I swear in 3/4's of the pictures I've seen her in I don't realize at first it's her.  

• Love 6