Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, tv echo said:

You can also compare Wild Dog's new costume to the Vigilante's costume...
arrow-vigilante.jpg 
(source)

That promises to be a very confusing fight in SC's darkened alleys and warehouses if WD and the Vigilante cross paths again.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, quarks said:

This season, Arrow appears to be letting designers dress Felicity and Dinah, so they don't have to pay for those wardrobes (and may even be receiving a small kickback) - with the result that the outfits are getting chosen not based on what vigilante women would actually be wearing in a secret lair or to a city event they think will get attacked, but on what the designer thinks might sell.

This has been happening for a few seasons when it comes to Felicity. She practically lived in Sandro & Roland Mouret in S5 (which she also wore this ep). I do appreciate that they often repeat her outfits though (the blue RM dress she was wearing in the burger scene was the same one she wore in 503). In other news, I really need to stop using her as my fashion muse. My wallet can't take it...

• Love 4

Since they've been making Felicity a revolving fashion plate since season 2 I'm at least ok with it being a character trait.  I tend to assume she just has a business wardrobe she turns to anytime she's at a day job or the night one so even though she didn't have an office to come from in season 5, she stuck to the same routine of dressing as if she did.  (I also told myself a little story that had Felicity and Curtis actually found any bombs she would have been immediately ushered out of there for her safety and then worked remotely so her shoes didn't matter as much as looking like she dressed up enough for the event.  For a "dressed up" look, the purple dress was kind of conservative, well, for Felicity.)

But yeah, It's a real shame they couldn't have had BS steal the T sphere from Argus.  Diggle even would have had a reason to be there as a bystander.  

• Love 2

Next weekend's comic con (updated with schedule)...

Auckland Armageddon, October 20-23, 2017 (New Zealand)
John Barrowman (also Tom Felton)
https://www.armageddonexpo.com/Guests/
Schedule
"John Barrowman Torchwood/Arrow panel" on Sat. 10/21 at 1:00pm, Sun. 10/22 at 5:00pm (VIP) and Mon. 10/23 at 1:00pm
("Tom Felton Harry Potter/Flash panel" on Sun. 10/22 at 2:00pm and Mon. 10/23 at 11:00am (VIP))

Edited by tv echo

Love Emily but no offence I kind of want to like straighten and neaten up the books on her shelf and get rid of that blanket or whatever it is she's got hanging on the wall and like repaint her walls.  I'm a bit of an interior decorating nerd haha. 

Edited by LeighAn
1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

Love Emily but no offence I kind of want to like straighten and neaten up the books on her shelf and get rid of that blanket or whatever it is she's got hanging on the wall and like repaint her walls.  I'm a bit of an interior decorating nerd haha. 

From the pictures we've seen on IG I don't believe that's her place.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ChampagneSupernova said:

From the pictures we've seen on IG I don't believe that's her place.

There are an awful lot of guitars in the background and I've never heard of EBR playing.  

Fan (@dianasfelicity) posted more excerpts from that book, Arrow and Superhero Television (scroll down twitter thread to read excerpts) - I love how these excerpts are in a published book that will always be part of the history of the Arrow tv show and that will exist long after social media tweets & blogs have passed into the ether of internet obscurity. That's not to say that I agree with everything that I've read from this book, but much of what I've read is on point (imo)...

Edited by tv echo
On 10/17/2017 at 9:28 AM, Primal Slayer said:

I would say that Gotham and Lucifer would've made it to where they are today since young Batman has been in development since the Smallville days.

Yeah, but that's the key phrase: "in development." Which is where 90% of television shows go to die. A young Batman show was initially suggested in 2003 (to accompany Smallville), then again in 2005 (after the success of Batman Returns) and then again in 2008 (after The Dark Knight.) It only finally made it into production after Arrow showed that viewers would tune into a superhero-themed vigilante show and Agents of SHIELD showed that viewers would follow their beloved film characters to the small screen.  The Gotham producers have credited Arrow for letting them get off the ground. 

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Arrow definitely helped push it along just as Smallville helped Arrow come into reality. It may have taken a bit longer but I think it still would've gotten off the ground eventually. 

It was in development for eleven years, and did not get greenlit until after Arrow and Agents of SHIELD were successful. I think it's very fair to say this wasn't just "helped push it along," this was "allowed it to be possible," - especially since the Gotham producers have said exactly that. 

In contrast, Lucifer went from pitch (March 2014) to treatment (June 2014) to pilot (March 2015) to pick up (May 2015) in a little over a year.

• Love 12

I don't understand that at all, three of the couples are/were real tv couples but the fourth is a made up couple featuring people from two different shows that weren't even on the air at the same time? I would get it if they were all mash-ups but this is just weird. 

• Love 1

Plus they said ship of the week and yet only one of those ships is on air. Just make a poll with WestAllen as the only option is you're so desperate for them to win. 

Also Phobe and Cole were never a CW ship as well 

• Love 4

What's a "Brooliver"? Where did that come from? Was Amell ever on One Tree Hill? And why would they use that unflattering picture of him wearing what looks like his greasy flashback!Oliver wig? Also, what's a "ChloBe"? His name is Cole and her name is Phoebe so where exactly did "ChloBe" come from? Shouldn't it be "CoBe" or whatever other blend that uses letters from their actual names? I am so confused.

More importantly, who is on AfterBuzz TV? Are they anyone of the media people that are actually legit or are they some blog-type alternative "media" source? I feel like I've spent too many of my brain cells on this...

ETA: Jinx, @Angel12d!

Edited by SleepDeprived
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

More importantly, who is on AfterBuzz TV? Are they anyone of the media people that are actually legit or are they some blog-type alternative "media" source? I feel like I've spent too many of my brain cells on this...

From what I gather they are essentially like an interactive AV Club type website. They have podcasts and videos reviewing or discussing just about every show. So I'd say their a little legitimate but who knows. 

The whole poll is odd and doesn't make sense.

13 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I don't understand that at all, three of the couples are/were real tv couples but the fourth is a made up couple featuring people from two different shows that weren't even on the air at the same time? I would get it if they were all mash-ups but this is just weird. 

Simple how else do you fix a poll to make sure WA wins?

Put in a broOTP that very few people care for and 2 ships that are older than dirt.

That's actually pretty sad, I no longer doubt that CW/WB/DC are in the midst of a pro-WA media push.

Guess WA just aren't popular enough on their own to generate enough buzz for their Wedding episode, WB/CW/DC have to rig the game. ?

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Put in a broOTP that very few people care for and 2 ships that are older than dirt.

That's actually pretty sad, I no longer doubt that CW/WB/DC are in the midst of a pro-WA media push.

Guess WA just aren't popular enough on their own to generate enough buzz for their Wedding episode, WB/CW/DC have to rig the game. ?

And yet, I wouldn't be surprised if they still lose.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Are we sure CW is behind this? Cuz it's really stupid and just highlights what a mediocre/ lame ship WA is. I'm going to give CW more credit than to be so ridiculous!

No, CW Weekly is a show on AfterBuzzTV's YouTube channel - it's not affiliated with The CW. 

Edited by apinknightmare
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

It's sad but it's not even from a mainstream website/media outfit. This is not gonna generate them buzz, so why even? (I mean, it didn't stop me from mocking it but still ... )

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Don't worry. Time and time again Oliver and Felicity have shown that they are the strongest most popular couple.

16 minutes ago, EmilyBettFan said:

Don't worry. Time and time again Oliver and Felicity have shown that they are the strongest most popular couple.

Yep

Spoiler

Double wedding

and yet the paps and media are all like 'WestAllen who?' 

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 2

DC/CW must be so annoyed. They need to sell WA for their long term Flash run and for the big crossover but most people are like "WA who???"

I don't get the impression WA offends anyone so they should take that as a win. No one really cares about it that's all. 

• Love 10

And WestAllen is now officially losing (not by much but still...) If this was an attempted buzz generated, it's failed pretty spectacularly. Even if they win, barely beating a couple from a defunct show while the only couple still(or ever) on the air is not impressive. 

17 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

And WestAllen is now officially losing (not by much but still...) If this was an attempted buzz generated, it's failed pretty spectacularly. Even if they win, barely beating a couple from a defunct show while the only couple still(or ever) on the air is not impressive. 

So much for it being an "obvious"attempt at rigging so WA would win lol

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

So much for it being an "obvious"attempt at rigging so WA would win lol

And yet this was what the creator of the poll tweeted:

Whose instructions do you think she was following? 
Edited by LeighAn