Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

If I had to pick anyone to spill the beans, Id choose David to give it to us.

I think I'd pick JB - because, I think if you got him in the right mood, he'd be as bitchy and funny as heck. 
DR would give us facts, JB would give us a full-on bitching session.

• Love 8

Next weekend's comic cons (updated with schedules)...

Salt Lake Comic Con, September 21-23, 2017 (UT)
Stephen Amell, Willa Holland and John Barrowman
http://saltlakecomiccon.com
Schedule - JB panel on Fri., 9/22, at 2:00pm; WH panel on Sat., 9/23, at 12:00pm; and SA panel on Sat., 9/23, at 1:00pm

MCM Scotland Comic Con, September 23-24, 2017 (Glasgow, Scotland)
Manu Bennett
http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/scotland/
Official Showguide (ebook) - MB panel on Sun., 9/24, at 3:00pm

Edmonton Comic & Entertainment Expo, September 22-24, 2017 (Canada)
Alex Kingston
https://edmontonexpo.com
Schedule - AK panel on Sun., 9/24, at 4:00pm

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

So Stephen was actually constipated in that scene with Susan ... 

And rather than try to make it as sexy as possible, he instead lets a juicy one rip?  Now that's chemistry!  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Deleted dyla scene

Dig can give the stink eye like nobody's business. I presume this was when he was on Lyla's case for doing her job. Honestly, in this instance, whatever, Dig.

Contents of Arrow Season 5 blu-ray/dvd (4-disc collection)...

Disc 1
Episode 1, “Legacy”
Episode 2, “The Recruits”
Episode 3, “A Matter of Trust”
--Deleted Scene
Episode 4, “Penance”
Episode 5, “Human Target”
Episode 6, “So It Begins”
The New Team Arrow Bonus Feature
--In the first of this season’s many bonus features, fans are invited to take a look back at the assembling of the newest iteration of Team Arrow which welcomed the addition of Wild Dog, Mister Terrific and Ragman to the team as well as the newest Black Canary.

Disc 2
Episode 7, “Vigilante”
Episode 8, “Invasion!”
Episode 9, “What We Leave Behind”
--Deleted Scene
Episode 10, “Who Are You?”
Episode 11, “Second Chances”
--Deleted Scene
Episode 12, “Bratva”
Allied: The Invasion! Complex (Arrow) Bonus Feature
--Our second bonus feature of the Arrow Season 5 set explores Oliver’s battle with his inner demons during the show’s crossover portion which also marked its 100th episode!

Disc 3
Episode 13, “Spectre of the Gun”
Episode 14, “The Sin-Eater”
Episode 15, “Fighting Fire With Fire”
Episode 16, “Checkmate”
--Deleted Scene
Episode 17, “Kapiushon”
--Deleted Scenes
Episode 18, “Disbanded”

Disc 4
Episode 19, “Dangerous Liaisons”
--Deleted Scene
Episode 20, “Underneath”
Episode 21, “Honor Thy Fathers”
Episode 22, “Missing”
--Deleted Scene
Episode 23, “Lian Yu”
--Deleted Scene
Arrow: 2016 Comic-Con Panel
--Fans of the show are invited to journey back to San Diego Comic-Con 2016 to relive the fun and excitement of the show’s panel.
Returning to the Roots of Arrow: Prometheus Bonus Feature
--In the third and final bonus feature of the release, fans explore the show’s return to its roots via the introduction of the season’s Big Bad: Prometheus.
Gag Reel
--No Arrow Blu-Ray collection would be complete without the gag reel which never fails to deliver plenty of laugh-worthy moments from the Arrow cast!

(source)

Edited by tv echo

Sometimes Stephen Amell can really be an ass.  Don't mock your daughter to get high fives from your fans, Mr. "My name is Oliver Queen"

On the other hand, it's cute how excited Mini Felicity is for her next con.  How did her mom find panda shoes?

Edited by statsgirl
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sometimes Stephen Amell can really be an ass.  Don't mock your daughter to get high fives from your fans, Mr. "My name is Oliver Queen"

I took it as a joke, like joking how kids usually like to play in the box an expensive toy comes in rather than the toy itself, not mocking.

• Love 13

I actually thought that was kind of funny. I took it as wry sort of "observations on life with a toddler" type of post. SA clearly adores his daughter; he can poke a little fun when she gets focused on something adults wouldn't give a second thought to. As kids often do. 

• Love 3

Stephen Amell
Yesterday at 8:49am · 
This is called a Tomada. Or possibly a Tamale. I did not enjoy myself, but you might. xo
Thanks to T3 Athletics for kicking it with me bright and early.

Edited by tv echo

Stephen explaining why he's having trouble finishing:  This is the end of the workout I just want to point that out.

He's so hugely competitive.

2 hours ago, way2interested said:

I took it as a joke, like joking how kids usually like to play in the box an expensive toy comes in rather than the toy itself, not mocking.

I know, it was a joke to him and to the other adults.  But it's also the sort of thing a child can easily misinterpret in a bad way and internalize.

I don't really understand the issue with his post. Sounds to me like he's making a parent joke about a 4 year old to other parents of 4 year olds. I'm not a parent but that's how I took it. Kind of like DR's musings on Twitter from and about his kid.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I don't really understand the issue with his post. Sounds to me like he's making a parent joke about a 4 year old to other parents of 4 year olds. I'm not a parent but that's how I took it. Kind of like DR's musings on Twitter from and about his kid.

He's making a joke to other parents, and he continues making jokes to other parents, and one day she overhears it or he makes a joke to her like that because he's so used to doing it and maybe she's the kind of kid who laughs it off or maybe she's the kind of kid who ten years later is talking to a therapist.  I've seen (professionally) that kind of thing go wrong too many times to think that it's okay.

DR's tweets about his son that I've seen strike me as being more pride about his kid than using him to make a joke but maybe I've missed the ones where he did.

5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

He's making a joke to other parents, and he continues making jokes to other parents, and one day she overhears it or he makes a joke to her like that because he's so used to doing it and maybe she's the kind of kid who laughs it off or maybe she's the kind of kid who ten years later is talking to a therapist.  I've seen (professionally) that kind of thing go wrong too many times to think that it's okay.

I must have gotten the joke wrong. I thought he was just saying that he  was proud that his daughter liked hearing her name. Maybe I didn't understand his humor. But I get your point anyway.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

DR's tweets about his son that I've seen strike me as being more pride about his kid than using him to make a joke but maybe I've missed the ones where he did.

I think I know what you mean.  I've noticed a tendency to call out Mavi as a bit of a "diva." It has certainly colored my perception of the girl and I literally only know her from his tweets and her personality is far from set.  Parental comments like this, if made in the presence of the child can have lasting affect on self-perception... But we don't know much about how he really talks around her.  I'd think his absence while filming and how they frame that would be a much bigger thing, especially if the show runs much longer.

• Love 1

I understand that people really enjoy HVFF and getting to meet their faves but maybe you could put off announcements about "world saving" Caribbean cruises until after Puerto Rico has maybe partially restored power and you know St. Martin has potable water and Dominica has a single structure rebuilt? Timing, people, timing. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I can see why the cut it. Working in Rene's injury would have difficult and nothing else was needed.

In 5x10 I said while KC wasn't good she was at least better as BS. I take it back. This wasn't better, this was awful. Cheesy.

• Love 5

I'm one of the rare few who preferred her as Laurel. She looked perpetually snide and disagreeable but I could work that into the fact that Laurel was a prickly character. This balanced out by the rare non smug looking moment made Laurel OK for me because I could build  my own head canon for Laurel.

She is TERRIBLE as BS! The acting is atrocious! I don't even see BS, I see the actress "acting" very badly! I can't make up a head canon for the dreadful overacting! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TrueMyth said:

I'd think his absence while filming and how they frame that would be a much bigger thing, especially if the show runs much longer.

You're right that depending on how they frame it, his parental absence could be a big thing, although the research shows that if the child has a loving caregiver, it doesn't have to have adverse effects.

I don't see why Mavi and Cassandra move back to L.A. every fall though.  Vancouver has good schools and she's only 4, I would think staying in town with her father would be better than having to separate from him for the larger part of the year.  But maybe there are factors I don't know about.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I don't see why Mavi and Cassandra move back to L.A. every fall though.

I don't where I read it, maybe even here, but it was said that his wife doesn't like Vancouver and wants to be in LA/California. Therefore they go back and forth. Maybe that is just a lifestyle choice they are both ok with. And since she has a round-the-clock nanny on hand, she cannot be compared to a regular single mum (which she isn't- a single mum that is). Also, I am not sure but I thought that the wives of the Supernatural men also don't live with them in Canada. Regardless of the reasons, I wouldn't want to live that far away from my husband and have him travel to meet us every other weekend. But to each their own.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Belinea said:

I don't where I read it, maybe even here, but it was said that his wife doesn't like Vancouver and wants to be in LA/California. Therefore they go back and forth. Maybe that is just a lifestyle choice they are both ok with. And since she has a round-the-clock nanny on hand, she cannot be compared to a regular single mum (which she isn't- a single mum that is). Also, I am not sure but I thought that the wives of the Supernatural men also don't live with them in Canada. Regardless of the reasons, I wouldn't want to live that far away from my husband and have him travel to meet us every other weekend. But to each their own.

J2 wives live in Austin but Jared owns a plane and they can travel pretty much when they want, so that helps.

6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't see why Mavi and Cassandra move back to L.A. every fall though.  Vancouver has good schools and she's only 4, I would think staying in town with her father would be better than having to separate from him for the larger part of the year.  But maybe there are factors I don't know about.

I always figured if he's first on the call sheet and working 14 hour+ days (mostly night shoots), he's never going to see the kid anyway when she's awake. Maybe his wife has a support system (besides a nanny) in LA? 

I'm not the hugest fans of his wife (based solely on social media which is probably not fair) but he's the one who chooses to spend most of his free weekends at cons. Whatever they are doing, they've been doing it for years so it must work for them. 

• Love 3

Oh joy... video of deleted scene with Susan Williams and Prometheus...

ARROW EXCLUSIVE: Prometheus Explains His Obsession in Deleted Scene
Sep. 20, 2017   by Tim Adams
http://www.cbr.com/arrow-exclusive-prometheus-deleted-scene/

After cutting Susan free, Prometheus says that while he began his quest against the Green Arrow to avenge his father, it soon turned into a journey of self-discovery. All the training Adrian underwent to become Prometheus helped him awaken his true self, which is something he’s never admitted to anyone before. Because of this, Adrian vows to kill Susan as the clip ends.

25 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I always figured if he's first on the call sheet and working 14 hour+ days (mostly night shoots), he's never going to see the kid anyway when she's awake. Maybe his wife has a support system (besides a nanny) in LA? 

IIRC SA's said it's because she doesn't like the cooler weather. If his work schedule was the issue then I don't think she'd be up there with him in the summer, which she seems to be. But who knows.

Duh me. That's what happens when I watch the video but skim the article.  

That article also includes a separate video of one of SA's press interviews at SDCC last July (warning: some S6 spoilery stuff). But also note that SA said: "I felt like, by the time Season 4 rolled around, we tried to be a bunch of different things, as opposed to just being our show. And I felt like Season 5 was our show."

Edited by tv echo