Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Im sorry but Marc's attitude just disgusts me right now and is exactly what I meant in my earlier post. Calling people "self righteous jerks" and saying he doesn't care about people's opinions when they constructively bring up issues regarding representation of women and minorities but on the show and bts of the show just digusts me and makes me more and more inclined to not watch. At the end of the day he just cant see that his show and the frat boy fans they seem to be catering to perputates some of the very same sentiments that are playing out on a much bigger scale. As the saying goes if you don't have something nice to say don't saying anything at all. He's just increadibly rude. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

.....he has the guts to say people "attacking" him make him understand why they lost the election when he is the prime example of a white man that instead of understanding a WOC questioning him calls her a jerk........

Wow, maybe he DOES get it!

20 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Surprising since they're still filming at that point. 

It's the weekend. I guess they can clear his filming schedule for Friday and Monday to accomodate his travel plans.

13 minutes ago, bijoux said:

It's the weekend. I guess they can clear his filming schedule for Friday and Monday to accomodate his travel plans.

That's 20+ hours of flight time each way. I don't know about anyone else but, I sure as shit wouldn't do that for a weekend. 

Most of this stuff, i.e. the bands, the arrow in the gun gag and Rory's workshop actually being the production staff's is the sort of BTS input I appreciate from the writers. It's fun little tidbits that don't affect the way a viewer watches the show.

• Love 13

Recent SA facebook videos (from Nov. 10) - mostly about his 3rd Annual F**K Cancer Campaign...

Stephen Amell - Tomorrow morning, 10 am ET, We Are Back!
Published on Nov 11, 2016, by Stephen-Amell™

Stephen Amell - Tomorrow morning

Stephen Amell - The campaign is live

Remaining 2016 events/comic cons...

Scripted, November 17-18, 2016 (New York, NY)
Greg Berlanti - Keynote Conversation on Nov. 18 at 4:15pm
http://scriptedsummit.com/2016/speakers/

Heroes & Villains FanFest-Atlanta, November 19-20, 2016 (Atlanta, GA)
Stephen Amell, John Barrowman, Matt Ryan, David Ramsey, Katie Cassidy, Willa Holland, Paul Blackthorne, Charlotte Ross, Neal McDonough, Echo Kellum, Amy Gumenick, Bex Taylor-Klaus and Cody Rhodes (also Robbie Amell, Rick Cosnett and Carole Barrowman)
http://heroesfanfest.com/atlanta/guests/

CCXP - São Paulo Expo, December 1-4, 2016 (São Paulo, Brazil)
David Ramsey
http://ingressos.lojamundogeek.com.br/ 

Delhi Comic Con, December 9-11, 2016 (New Delhi, India)
Paul Blackthorne
http://www.comiccondelhi.com/special-guest/

Edited by tv echo
Updated to add Delhi Comic Con.
  • Love 1

http://heroesfanfest.com/atlanta/schedule/

Saturday Panels

10:45AM ARROW: David Ramsey, Katie Cassidy, Willa Holland, Paul Blackthorne, Charlotte Ross

11:45AM GOTHAM: Robin Lord Taylor, Sean Pertwee, Drew Powell, James Frain, Milo Ventimiglia

12:45PM JOHN BARROWMAN

2:30 PM THE FLASH: Robbie Amell & Rick Cosnett

3:15 PM GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: Dave Bautista, Michael Rooker, Gregg Henry & Sean Gunn

4:15 PM POP CULTURE ARTIST: Rob Prior

4:45 PM COSPLAY CONTEST

Sunday Panels

10:45AM STEPHEN AMELL

11:45AM ARROW: Neal McDonough, Echo Kellum, Amy Gumenick, Bex Taylor Klaus

12:45PM AQUAMAN: Jason Mamoa

2:00 PM ONCE UPON A TIME: Rebecca Mader, Sean Maguire, Emilie de Ravin, Robbie Kay

3:00 PM HEROES: Jack Coleman, Milo Ventimiglia, and Robbie Kay

Rick Gonzalez did a live Q&A on CW Arrow facebook this afternoon...
https://www.facebook.com/CWArrow/

-- On whether Wild Dog will get a new uniform this season,

RG doesn't think so, but if Wild Dog sticks around for next season, maybe he'll get a new costume or suit upgrade then. RG thinks that Wild Dog needs an "edge" or "some fresh gear but still scary." He encouraged fans to submit fan art.

-- On who is the funniest, RG thinks it's Echo, but he laughs the most with Joe.

-- On whether SA is as strong as he looks, RG: "Yes. That guy is a beast."

-- On whether Wild Dog could beat GA, RG said that he could "eclipse the teacher" with a "little more training."

-- On how it was working with Emily, RG said it was "great" working with EBR and everyone else.

-- On what it was like playing Wild Dog, RG said it was "physically challenging." He had to get physically fit to do the things that James Bamford expected.

-- On Wild Dog coming across as a "chauvinist," RG doesn't think he is a chauvinist but more of a "closed book" who's "struggling to open up to the crew" and that WIld Dog "mirrors a lot of traits that Oliver had in the first season." 

-- On whether we can expect Wild Dog to go on a date with Thea,

RG said that he read those scenes as moments where Wild Dog was being selfish and going after something he likes. RG then added: "He's not shying away from wanting that - that connection with her, but, um, will she reciprocate? That's another story. So it'll be interesting to see if that even happens, you know, um, which is - which is great. But I will say that there's going to be a lot of other different connections for Wild Dog to encounter in this season that I - that I know about that's going to be awesome. So yeah, it's going to be great." Later RG said that Wild Dog does have a thing for Thea, but he doesn't think she'll bite. He thinks that Wild Dog struck out.

-- RG said that he came into Arrow with a "clean slate" and hadn't even seen the show before or read the comic books before. 

-- On whether Wild Dog could beat Arsenal, RG thinks that Wild Dog could "wipe the floor" with Arsenal.

-- On whether SA is a good guy to work with, RG: "Absolutely. Hands down. Super professional. Super funny. And super giving as an actor."

-- On whether he does his own stunts, RG said that there's a lot of things that he's not allowed to do insurance-wise, but there's a lot of things that he can do. He estimates that he can do his own stunts about half of the time.

-- On whether Wild Dog will ever turn evil, RG said that he hoped not and didn't think so, that Wild Dog may make a lot of mistakes but his heart is pure.

-- On his fave DC hero, RG said: "Wild Dog."

-- On whether Wild Dog will step up to be a leader, RG said that Wild Dog has a lot of potential and has a lot of the same qualities as Oliver.

-- On his fave character from Arrow/Flash/Supergirl, RG said that he likes the Green Arrow and thinks the way SA plays him "is so cool."

-- On whether Wild Dog is "a misunderstood character" with "a good sense of justice," RG thinks "the direction will come from Oliver," that we need to give him a chance to figure out where he is and what's needed of him, that Wild Dog has a lot of these qualities and wants to do good, and that we need "to stick through it" and really give the show and these characters a chance "to take their moments in a truthful way to find out who they are." 

-- On who's the biggest prankster on set, RG said: "Stephen."

-- On whether Wild Dog will stop calling Felicity "Blondie," RG: "Absolutely not. Don't ask me again."

-- On whether we'll see the back story of Wild Dog,

RG said: "Yes, we will."

-- On what superpower he would want, RG wants the power to teleport.

-- On whether Wild Dog likes Felicity and want to be friends with her, RG said that Wild Dog wants to connect with people but does it in his own way and that he struggles to connect with people. RG again compared Wild Dog to Oliver.

-- On whether Wild Dog will be in the 4-way crossover,

RG confirmed again that he will be in the crossover, including the 100th episode. He also said that Wild Dog thinks that aliens and metahumans are "weird" and only "bring more trouble." He doesn't like the idea of aliens and metahumans. He doesn't view them as a "positive."

-- On how he feels about Ragman's power level and whether it's an imbalance of power, RG said that he loves Ragman's power and that having someone like Ragman as part of the team only helps the team. Although Wild Dog doesn't feel comfortable with that kind of power, he knows that Ragman enhances the team and somehow still feels grounded. 

-- RG said that he doesn't have a fave cast member to work with, but he mentioned Echo, Joe and Madison.

-- RG thinks that Wild Dog's weakness is "the pain that he walks around with inside him" and that he struggles with.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Arsenal would kick his ass.

I really dislike the whole "pure heart" thing. In general, I think its a terrible way to describe a character and I feel like a lot of actors do that.

I get the impression he and EBR don't click and he doesn't have much use for Felicity. I have nothing to back that up, its just a general vibe.

• Love 21

I watched his video and I can't recall another actor that rubbed me the wrong way, like he did. I agree that he has no use/respect for Felicity. I hate his character and the actor can go. I asked the chauvinist question & he gave such a long winded non answer. 

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 10

Love the "Absoultely Don't ask me again" bit What the hell is that about? I agree it sounds like either he and EBR don't get on or he has some kind of jealousy over her and Felicitys popularity and didn't appreciate being asked questions about her. At least that's how it came across to me.

• Love 9

I haven't watched the video so I can't comment on his delivery, it's just an impression I've had for awhile. I'm not even sure what got it going. 

I don't think it involves any jealousy on his part. That's a little much IMO. I kind of chalked it up to a personality thing.

• Love 3

I think RG is overdoing the tough guy bit. I'm predisposed to not liking the noobs but Rory managed to make me like him even though I think he's totally wrong for the show. Wild Dog just rubs me the wrong way and RG's interviews are making me more annoyed with both the character and the actor. 

• Love 14

Every time I've read about RG being asked about EBR he makes a generic non answer like he did just now where he immediately lumps everyone together and then changes the subject. He did the same with the question on his character being friendly with Felicity.  Yeah, I think something's there but I actually wouldn't rule out a vague jealousy since he also sounds to me jealous of Arsenal and jealous of Oliver since he thinks he's of course already better than the one and half a breath away from being better than Oliver.

He sounds like he thinks his character should be as beloved as Oliver the way he kept emphasizing how alike they were, but he at least respects SA.  I get this impression that he's dismissive of both EBR and Felicity like he can't see why anyone pays so much attention to either when her character doesn't even fight. (He seemed impressed by the stunts and doing the stunts and SA's ability to do them)

I also side eye the lack of mention about DR.  I just got the impression he likes the focus not to go away from him. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 15

I mean in some ways I think the actors probably hoping and championing for either regular status or his own spin off and that's why he's self promoting in the way that he is. I can't necessarily blame the actor for promoting his case but he hasn't really won me over. I also think the EPs and Network have been hedging their bets on him and probably aren't thrilled that the pony they backed isn't playing as well with the audience. From what I've seen and heard Rory seem to be the audience overall favourite with Ragman and Curtis more down the bottom of the barrallel. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

He sounds like he thinks his character should be as beloved as Oliver the way he kept emphasizing how alike they were, but he at least respects SA.  I get this impression that he's dismissive of both EBR and Felicity like he can't see why anyone pays so much attention to either when her character doesn't even fight. 

I also side eye the lack of mention about DR.  I just got the impression he likes the focus not to go away from him. 

It feels like the actor is bleeding over into the character.  Or maybe vice versa.  It's just so cute how he keeps calling Felicity Blondie even though she repeatedly asks him not to.  Dismissing her effectively.

Talking about how much Rene is like Oliver, it's like we're supposed to love him by association.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

Rick Gonzalez did a live Q&A on CW Arrow facebook this afternoon...

-- RG said that he came into Arrow with a "clean slate" and hadn't even seen the show before or read the comic books before. 

-- On whether Wild Dog could beat Arsenal, RG thinks that Wild Dog could "wipe the floor" with Arsenal.

-

-- RG thinks that Wild Dog's weakness is "the pain that he walks around with inside him" and that he struggles with.

The actor just rubs me the wrong way.

If he hadn't seen the show before or read the comic books, why does he think that Wild Dog could "wipe the floor" with Arsenal?  And now that I presume he had seen the show, why does he still think it?

This is a show that makes a specialty of walking around with inner pain. You've got Oliver and his five years on the metaphoric island and four years of beating himself up since, plus the loss of his father, his mother, his best friend and his first love.  Then there's Thea, who lost her father and brother at which point her mother shut herself off, she lost Walter, her adolescent father figure, and found out that her biological father is a murdering psychopath.  Diggle, who not only suffered through three tours of war but shot his own brother last season. Felicity with her abandonment issues, thinking she was responsible for her college boyfriend's suicide, shot up so that she was paralyzed, Oliver's betrayal, losing PT and the guilt of Havenrock.  Lance, who lost Sara twice, Laurel permanently, and both his relationships blew up because of his addiction to work or the bottle.  And then there's Evelyn, who lost both her parents to Damian Darhk. 

How does Rene's pain compare to those?

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, HeroLeague said:

Dont think RG hates EBR, maybe he just doesnt think she is some special unicorn, so what if he is thinks highly or SA & other actors not EBR. Well everyone cant be loved by everyone,  EBR is not short of cast who are enchanted by her , she will be fine. 

she is a special unicorn, I  haven't seen anyone who doesn't think highly of Emily. She just has that special aura and a personality that everyone just gravitates towards ;)

I don't think anyone wants him to be in love with her but he just seems dismissive of her which translates to how his character acts around felicity as well. So it's a bit odd and ppl notice these things. I think Emily was the first one to congratulate him on being cast on the show but he never did follow her on twitter, but follows everyone else even Tyler Ritter.

Edited by Cleanqueen
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, HeroLeague said:

Dont think RG hates EBR, maybe he just doesnt think she is some special unicorn, so what if he is thinks highly or SA & actors not EBR. Well everyone cant be loved by everyone,   is not short of cast who are enchanted by her , she will be fine. 

17 minutes ago, HeroLeague said:

Dont think RG hates EBR, maybe he just doesnt think she is some special unicorn, so what if he is thinks highly or SA & other actors not EBR. Well everyone cant be loved by everyone,  EBR is not short of cast who are enchanted by her , she will be fine. 

RG is the new kid on the block. He doesn't have to like Felicity the character and he may not think EBR is the best actor in the bunch, but she is the female  lead. Calling Felicity "Blondie" is disrespectful. It's not cute. Its meant to be insulting. It's reducing Felicity to a cartoon character, literally. But to call EBR Blondie is really rude. And yes I would be saying that if it were another blonde female actor. It's  sexist.

He's too arrogant and has no reason to be at this early juncture. Also . Roy would mop the floor with him.

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

But to call EBR Blondie is really rude.

Did he?

Anyway I don't really find that insulting or disrespectful, just annoying.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

RG is the new kid on the block. He doesn't have to like Felicity the character and he may not think EBR is the best actor in the bunch, but she is the female  lead. Calling Felicity "Blondie" is disrespectful. It's not cute. Its meant to be insulting. It's reducing Felicity to a cartoon character, literally. But to call EBR Blondie is really rude. And yes I would be saying that if it were another blonde female actor. It's  sexist.

When did he call Emily "Blondie?"

I don't really have a problem with him being dismissive of his character calling Felicity "Blondie" because he doesn't write for the show, and if he thinks it's in character, then...I agree. Also it was fanon for so long that Roy called her that, that I wouldn't have even noticed it. The constant one-note arrogant tone Rene uses, that I do notice. 

The Twitter follow thing is a bit more revealing to me, but could also just be an oversight, I guess. Anyway, hopefully it's a non-issue BTS, but even if it is, I don't frankly care because I'm hoping he's off the show by next season.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

The constant one-note arrogant tone Rene uses, that I do notice. 

Agreed.  I'm not even watching this season so I don't know the character at all, but....yeah.  That came screaming through.  

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

Yeah, I don't really care about what's going on BTS wrt whether he's friends with EBR or not. 

What I do care about is the fact that I hate the character, I find what the actor says about the character just makes me hate the character more, and the fact that RG has had more interviews and media attention than the people I care about listening to, which just makes me hate the character more.

• Love 23

The Twitter follow thing, is there anyway to see past follows/unfollows? For some reason I thought he had followed EBR (late in the game which is why I noticed it), but when I looked the other night he wasn't.

7 minutes ago, looptab said:

Did he?

Anyway I don't really find that insulting or disrespectful, just annoying.

I've never heard it used non-pejoratively (other than the band Blondie). It goes back to implying a woman is a "dumb blonde" and focuses everything on her looks. Oliver is blonde but he doesn't call Oliver "Blondie". 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

I've never heard it used non-pejoratively (other than the band Blondie). It goes back to implying a woman is a "dumb blonde" and focuses everything on her looks. Oliver is blonde but he doesn't call Oliver "Blondie". 

You claimed he called EBR Blondie, that is what they are questioning.

28 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

When did he call Emily "Blondie?"

I misunderstood. I thought he was referring to both Emily and Felicity as Blondie. My apologies.  Regardless, having the character refer to Felicity as "Blondie"  IS insulting, IMO. That's a problem with the writing. They need to knock that off. If they have character continue to call her "Blondie", he's going to always be on my crap list.

IMO, RG's tone was pretty dismissive of Felicity.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 6