Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Yeah I kind if cringed with Stephan said that about the shows. One universal yes but 3 different vibes please! And hopefully no tangent shows in the middle of any of the shows. The ATOM literally felt like it's own mini show to me last season. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 3

I knew it!!! I was worried when they did the back door for the Flash, but thought well okay that's one character. But when they totally marginalized Oliver Queen in his own goddamn show to bring in the ATOM, that it was a sign of "not!JusticeLeague" on its way. 

I'll always have Arrow 1.6 through 2.23 to think about.

RIP Arrow.

Yes I am a bitter bitter Oliver girl.../back to the bitterness thread

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 5

I think the plan is to make as many people as possible watch all 3 shows. So while the shows will be their separate entities, when cross overs happen they will affect the other shows. It was that way last year as well but wasn't talked about. I can see why admitting it can have it's positives-at least when dealing with fans unamused when developments happen on other shows. 

• Love 3

I think the 'basically one show' thing is just to reiterate that there will be characters crossing over all the time. I mean, I get it but I don't really want that happening because it feels like Arrow just kind of gets lost in promoting everything else. But what's done is done now.

Just to promote by exaggerating. 

I agree that it's for promotion but I don't think it's exaggeration. 

IMO a lot of viewers will not be happy with that though /raises hand.  Personally, I don't want the Green Arrow story being told on the Flash or LoT. I resented the fuck out of important Oliver information coming in the Flash. So it really kind of turns me off to the whole thing. I think it's a misstep for the universe myself, but I understand what they are doing. I don't like it though. It's cute for a couple of episodes.  I think it's pointing to crossovers galore and dropping important info about any character in the verse in any of the three shows.  It's annoying for this viewer.

• Love 6

Considering that both Arrow and The Flash already have serious problems managing the characters they already have, the last thing they should be doing is throwing more people in the mix.  If I'm watching The Flash (well, I'm not, but others are) and I'm unhappy about the amount of screen time Iris gets and her "lack of POV" (see that one all the time), am I really going to be happy with Ray and Sara and Hawkgirl and Rip Hunter, etc. dropping in every episode sucking up time that could be used on Iris's story?  Probably not.  I think it's going to get old very quickly for a lot of people.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 4

I think the crossovers should be saved for midseason and the finales. Other than those couple of episodes every show should be on it's own.

I'll take an occasional quick phone call or mentions in the other eps. Like Cisco sent us this awesome weapon to use on bad guy #1 or Sara or Ray gave us some future intel, or Laurel called and said something that didn't happen in the original time line, we need to jump in our time machine and fix it. No need to stop the other shows to add in different characters.

• Love 2

https://twitter.com/realedenwwe/status/647467627464499200

Stardust and his wife. Nice to see him reppin Nocking Point.

He's so much more attractive without his make-up. :)

I liked what him & SA did with the pediatric charity. I don't follow wrestling, but I like when people (esp celebrities) are able to think out of themselves and help others. I know my hospital and patients go crazy anytime celebrities or athletes give back & visit while they are sick. It makes their not so good health experience a little better. Perhaps, SD & SA can continue their rivalry to help other worthy causes.

• Love 1

ArrowWritersRoom ‏@ARROWwriters 4h4 hours ago

Hey @MurderWriters - who over there is a @CW_Arrow fan? You guys have an Oliver, a Laurel, and a Li(y)la! #CoincidenceWeThinkNot

34 retweets 168 favorites

Murder Writers ‏@MurderWriters 55m55 minutes ago

.@ARROWwriters Our counsel has advised us not to comment but look who was on another @shondaland show b/f @CW_Arrow http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/34300000/Stephen-as-Scott-in-Private-Practice-stephen-amell-34315042-245-169.gif

Murder Writers ‏@MurderWriters 18m18 minutes ago

wow @ARROWwriters your fans are active! Thanks for the support!

1 retweet 5 favorites

So apparently the writers room of ARROW & HTGAWM were having some twitter fun today. Curious as to why the ARROW writers room felt the need to reach out... Although I did notice the coincidence last week. I never realized they had the same names last season.

• Love 2

True... but I feel like Laurel is a name associate with Lawyers and Justice (likely do to fact it has to do with pride)- so that could be the connection. It actually really fits the personality of each of the Laurels. They both are too proud & headstrong for their own good at times.

Edited by kismet

The only characters on HTGAWM that I actually learned the names are Laurel and Oliver. I call everyone else by their previous roles and/or random stuff. PARIS GELLER. Harry Potter. Chick who dated Justin Hartley on Emily Owens. Prison Guard from OITNB. And my VERY favorite: BEN IS GLORY.

• Love 9

Murder Writers ‏@MurderWriters 18m18 minutes ago

wow @ARROWwriters your fans are active! Thanks for the support!

1 retweet 5 favorites

I'm curious what the Arrow fans did that impressed them.  I'm guessing just a lot of likes or comments but I wonder what the numbers were that prompted them to comment.  They are a hit but there are hits and then there all cult hits.  Lol. 

The only characters on HTGAWM that I actually learned the names are Laurel and Oliver. I call everyone else by their previous roles and/or random stuff. PARIS GELLER

I'm right there with you on calling her  Paris, only I'm pretty sure Paris would have taken them all out by now. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

The only characters on HTGAWM that I actually learned the names are Laurel and Oliver. I call everyone else by their previous roles and/or random stuff. PARIS GELLER. Harry Potter. Chick who dated Justin Hartley on Emily Owens. Prison Guard from OITNB. And my VERY favorite: BEN IS GLORY.

BEN IS GLORY! I just found this out yesterday. I can't believe I call myself a Buffy Fan. Whole season without even realizing this. So ashamed.

BEN IS GLORY! I just found this out yesterday. I can't believe I call myself a Buffy Fan. Whole season without even realizing this. So ashamed.

Hahaha, because I'm a dork, Every. Single. Episode, I yell Ben is Glory whenever he first shows up. It's actually my favorite thing about HTGAWM, that it allows me to yell Ben is Glory every episode.

• Love 1

I'm curious what the Arrow fans did that impressed them.  I'm guessing just a lot of likes or comments but I wonder what the numbers were that prompted them to comment.  They are a hit but there are hits and then there all cult hits.  Lol. 

I'm right there with you on calling her  Paris, only I'm pretty sure Paris would have taken them all out by now. 

I'm curious what the fans did as well. Although I must admit I didn't follow the official HTGAWM site or writers until this season. They're a hit, but a lot of their fans are just Shondaites or Scandal hold-overs. The first season I think they rode on Shonda/Scandal's coat tails. Until they proved that they can blow the audience out of the water on a consistent basis. I think this year they will get their own fanbase that is just their own esp after Viola Davis.

Yes to some she is Paris. But to me after Scandal shes is also just the dead dumb girl that slept with the wrong people. The names are less important on this show, as long as you remember who the characters/roles are. I also feel they don't refer to each other as much by name on HTGAWM as they do on ARROW. They say each other's names a lot on ARROW :)

• Love 1

But Connor! Hot, gay, highly active, smart guy. He's the bestest.

Looks like the costume department stepped up. Huge improvement over 3.17 (With the exception of Thea who looked amazing). I like this darker, edger look Thea is working. It suits her. KC looks very elegant.

I need a pic of Emily now. I'm hoping it's a splash of color and please no prom inspired looks.

• Love 2

Looks like the costume department stepped up. Huge improvement over 3.17 (With the exception of Thea who looked amazing). I like this darker, edger look Thea is working. It suits her. KC looks very elegant.

I need a pic of Emily now. I'm hoping it's a splash of color and please no prom inspired looks.

I'm pretty sure they will have her in something with color to distinguish her her. 

So are we taking bets for what they're dressed up for? I'm thinking....

That's what I'm guessing.

Edited by Primal Slayer

I hate that I'm thinking this but the only thing I don't like is the whole outfit/look is very similar to what she wore to that dinner with Ray in s3 and ugh, I'd rather forget that Cinderella crap ever happened. 

EBR looks great but yeah. 

• Love 1