Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Oh gods. Maybe he's hosting because it's going to be a crossover between Flarrow/TVD...

If that doesn't lead to the Winchesters....killing all the damn vampires..then well I don't even know anymore :P

Wow. I don't watch TVD so I don't really know Ian Sommerhalder but there are a lot of strong negative feelings about him here and on twitter. Why? 

Because he's been on TVD for like 8 seasons playing a pretty despicable character. TVD and DC have NO connection so it is really weird that he's the choice for hosting it.

I mean I'd be just as weirded out if it were anyone from SPN hosting because they have no connection other than J2 being besties with Stephen.

It's a weird choice.

That's a great picture. Nice to see them together again.

The only ones that matter :D This photo is making me excited and I know I shouldn't be. 

Repeat after me: Low expectations. Low expectations. Low expectations. Haha.

oesn't DC comics publish The Vampire Diaries comics? Also, TVD is a WB Production and WB owns DC.

I didn't know about that with the comics. My bad. But that does support the crossover rumor between different genres on the same network. Could very well be TVD/Flarrow because they are both under the DC umbrella.  Even so, I would not have picked Somerhalder as the host. I would gone with someone in the Flarrowverse.

Someone has to hide the razors from DR. I need scruffy Diggle.

I AGREE. The scruff makes him even more attractive if that's even possible... This season better have a lot of shirtless Diggle

Holy Height Difference Batman! EBR is tiny.

... I not so secretly love the height difference very very very much ;)

• Love 2

I AGREE. The scruff makes him even more attractive if that's even possible... This season better have a lot of shirtless Diggle

... I not so secretly love the height difference very very very much ;)

She tucks in quite nicely under his chin. Perfect for future hugging scenes! (I might still be influenced by Mulder/Scully moments from decades ago)

As for SDCC expectations, I'm bracing myself for lots of "masks! masks! masks!" talk and continued emphasis on the "Laurel is fully BC now! She's totally earned it! Really. Believe us. Please." talking point.

• Love 5

Aisha Tyler would be perfect.

I'm morbidly curious about the reception of the new BC. She doesn't seem to get much love at cons, but SDCC is a different animal.  

I still call him Munchkin because I'm one of the four people who watched Young Americans.

Me, too! I loved Jake/Hamilton. I also remember when Ian was a quasi-Bruce Wayne on Smallville, and the rumors he was going to get a series or somesuch. Those were good times.

Diggle doesn't need a reason for the beard other than it makes him super hot. That's an acceptable in-show reason for me.

• Love 3
(edited)

She's hosting the Batman vs. Superman panel - maybe they didn't want to have her do two?

Only Chris Hardwick gets that honor it seems.

Who's Blake Neely Question Mark.

Edited by wingster55

Even if she did, who cares?

I think people care because her detractors unfairly accuse her of promiscuity as a way to justify their disgust. So, I understand how her fans might be sensitive to a statement that is rather loaded, even if that wasn't the intention.

I agree with you, though, about why we shouldn't care about a woman exercising sexual agency. Unfortunately, trolls and misogynists would deny her that right and use it to hurl degrading and hateful accusations.

• Love 8

Emily's not that short, Stephen and David are just tall. I'm short and she was taller than me when I took a pic with her. 

I know, she's not that short. I think she's 5-5, so she's taller than me, LOL! That's why I said compared with Stephen in my initial post. He and David do make other people around them look much shorter.

• Love 1

Just a quick heads up, there's a DC TV Universe Comic Con topic here. For talking about all the wondrous magical DC TV Universe stuff like Flash and Arrow that's happening at Comic Con. (No I'm not jealous.) 

You can still talk about Arrow at Comic Con here, but feel free to chat there about the crossover stuff and Arrow there too.

• Love 1

You shorties! Provided SA isn't lying about his height, I'm nearly as tall as he is, haha.

*high five* If he's not lying, I'm one centimeter shorter than him. My parameter of tall is like, 6'3 up. *g*

• Love 1

Wow. I don't watch TVD so I don't really know Ian Sommerhalder but there are a lot of strong negative feelings about him here and on twitter. Why? 

I assumed it came from his time on Lost.  His character didn't get much love and IS's acting didn't either if I recall right.  He seemed to have remade his image since he was on VD.  I have a feeling he was picked because he is a name and was there. 

It does make me curious who does the VD panel.  Is there a VD panel? 

Mmmm

CJg8V09UYAAsLqp.jpg

Well that seems to put an end to the idea of Oliver turning into a couch potato while off finding himself.  Yowsa!

How tall are you? Just wondering... ;)

Exactly 6'0". Honestly I don't think he lies about his height because he is slightly taller than I am in the photo with him and JB. JB claims to also be 6 feet and we look to be the same height.

• Love 1

Getting away from the whole height thing (I'm 5'5 and quite happy with that thank you very much), where is Stephen's right arm? It looks like it has to be at an awkward angle but I can't figure it out.

I assumed it came from his time on Lost.  His character didn't get much love and IS's acting didn't either if I recall right.  He seemed to have remade his image since he was on VD.  I have a feeling he was picked because he is a name and was there.

I liked his character on LOST in the end of it all and I thought his acting was fine. I've never thought he was a bad actor.  For me, it's a distraction from Arrow to have him host. And yes I would say the same thing about the SPN guys too or someone from Reign or iZombie

Exactly 6'0". Honestly I don't think he lies about his height because he is slightly taller than I am in the photo with him and JB. JB claims to also be 6 feet and we look to be the same height.

Me too! So I'll just have to wear my flattest flats when I meet him next month, haha.

Getting away from the whole height thing (I'm 5'5 and quite happy with that thank you very much), where is Stephen's right arm? It looks like it has to be at an awkward angle but I can't figure it out.

Seems like maybe it's right behind Emily's neck? I can't tell if that's his arm back there or Willa's. Looks more like his?