Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Cloris Leachman/Pia Zadora

(edited)

Nice to see Pia still puts the most infamously egregiously awarded GG contrasted with Cloris' multiple Emmys.

Cloris might live in my dream home complete with updated kitchen and baths. I would replace all the furniture.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
(edited)

Before this episode I didn't really have an opinion either way about Pia Z., but now I think she's bonkers.  I too am more of an indoors person, love A/C, etc., but she took it to an extreme.  Why blast the A/C and then build a fire...?  And, I'm amazed that a self-described "germaphobe" would allow her son to keep such a messy room.  

Also, I thought it was really rude to serve Cloris meat and try to make her wear a fur coat.  That really didn't have anything to do with the swap -- clearly it was just done to provide some drama/conflict.  All it really did was make "Mr. Zadora" look like an insensitive ass.  Same thing with Cloris and "Mr. Zadora" dressing up and going out to do a neighborhood watch, which was ridiculous.  

Edited by MMLEsq
  • Love 3

I normally don't watch this but had to when I saw Cloris. I love her on television, I love her even more since watching. Love that she is outspoken and crazy, in a good way!

Now Pia on the other crazy in a bad controlling, weird way. I totally forgot she was even around until this episode. And a Piatini, pretentious, and it shoulds like a weird STD or urinary tract infection. Sorry if that's too graphic sounding!

• Love 3

I didn't mind Pia too much during the swap itself, but when they were at the table afterwards, I was disappointed that she got so nasty toward Cloris. I'm not crazy about Cloris's shtick but she was much more gracious than Pia at that meeting.

• Love 3

I loved when Cloris kept saying there were birds in the house.  I'd like to think she was joking, but -- except for maybe the last time -- I'm not really sure because she seemed 100% confused about the sounds.  

It's too bad that Cloris had a foot injury because I think it made her seem more old/infirm that she normally would.  

• Love 1

I missed the beginning -    Pia has an 18 year old son - is he still in high school?  going to college?  working?  or just sitting around playing video games?  I heard her say he was "finding himself" - where is he looking? 

• Love 1

The legendary and brilliant Cloris totally owned Pia, who thinks she's someone.

Pia:"I had to wear your 29 dollar robe."

Cloris:" it's a 59 dollar robe!"

And her random wheelchair shenanigans cracked me up. She obviously got the humor of the situation, while Pia came off as desperate to prove that people still remember her from that thing a hundred years ago.

• Love 3

Pia came off as desperate to prove that people still remember her from that thing a hundred years ago.

Santa Claus Conquers The Martians? "Will you buy me a Golden Globe, then?"

She tore down Pickfair and claimed it was because they had ghosts.

That club she had didn't look very big.  

Pia kept complaining about the granddaughter not picking up after herself.  Cloris  had the same complaint about Pia's son.  

Cloris was hilarious rolling around in those huge gloves.  

I liked the swap. Pia was OTT about the sun and AC on full blast but she wasn't terrible or mean, just a little entitled.  I liked her husband and son and you could tell they loved and respected Cloris. I laughed a lot which I don't usually with this show, some people take themselves so seriously Gunner, those two soap stars, Hines and Pia. 

I really enjoyed her regular guy husband.  Hey he is a cop. that he and Pia have made it work says something about her.  

Also, could someone explain Pickfair to me?

• Love 2

I missed the beginning -    Pia has an 18 year old son - is he still in high school?  going to college?  working?  or just sitting around playing video games?  I heard her say he was "finding himself" - where is he looking? 

I seriously thought the kid was like 14/15 tops, I did a double take when she said 18.....kid needs to find something to do...

Here is what Wikipedia has on Pia Zadora and Pickfair.  Pickfair was the old Hollywood home of Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks Jr. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickfair#Sale_and_demolition

Pia had all the resources in the world, while married to her billionaire husband, to make it big. Yet she only gained a small amount of fame which she seems to be barely clinging to.  Other than having no real talent, Hollywood probably doesn't like her.  

I thought Pia had two daughters, but there was no mention of them on the show.  They would be older than the son, so maybe they're off on their own.  

Cloris was probably right.  She has been a vegetarian for years.  Eating meat probably would kill her.  Trying to make her wear a fur coat wasn't very nice either.  

• Love 1

If you google around on Pia and her family, there's quite a bit of stuff.   Like her arrest for allegedly choking her son shown on the show for not going to bed. 

http://lasvegassun.com/news/2013/jun/03/police-pia-zadoras-arrest-prompted-violence-over-t/

Her husband apparently lost his job over the incident and filed a suit against his employers for his termination: 

http://lasvegassun.com/blogs/kats-report/2014/oct/28/mike-jeffries-pia-zadora-husband-files-suit-agains/

Other articles say Jordan is special needs/autistic.   

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/crime-courts/pia-zadoras-husband-duty-las-vegas-police-officer-initiated-standoff

Other than money, I'm not sure why they'd chose to do the show.  

• Love 2

Cloris was wonderful.  I'm glad that Hallejuhah had the chance to eat meat, it seems weird to me to never give a child the chance. I don't care that she didn't like it, I just like that she could do it. Both families had really cute dogs.

• Love 1

Thanks for educating me about Pickfair! I was not familiar with the story and now I am fascinated.

I wonder how they started the whole getting tea from the neighbors thing. I would have rather just watched a show about a day in the life of Cloris.

• Love 1