Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

I think I speak for boes and everyone here when I say that Victor Newman better not finger any of us. If you do want to be fingered by Victor, please keep that to yourself. I like everyone here and don’t want to lose respect for anyone.

• Love 22

So SOD spoilers say that the DNA test is going to show Jack is not John's son -- because I guess the test does not confirm him as a full sibling for Traci, which is incredibly stupid. I mean this doesn't prove John isn't his dad, just that they don't share a dad (if they even KNOW they tested the correct hair samples). Gah. Here goes Mal and his buillshit.

In any case, Ash and her spawn are SHOCKED at the results (I am SHOCKED that a person, even with "lab connections," can get a DNA test result in a matter of hours). Ash doesn't want Jack to know because it will destroy him and the Abbotts FOREVER (but really it's so she can keep telling him cryptically that she is PROTECTING HIM IN WAYS HE DOESN'T KNOW) but Abby thinks he MUST BE TOLD because of her experience with Brad/Victor (which makes zero sense -- she was a child; Jack is in his 60s and it means shit now). 

Poor Jack. 

Poor us.

• Love 16

abby went and grabbed hairbrushes to use for the test...she said one was jack's and the other one was traci's....

wonder if like what happened with faith, will the nurse looking after dina claim or ask what they are doing with her hairbrush?

lol, maybe it's traci who isn't john's....

john had a dna test done on billy cause he didn't believe jill cause he had had a vasectomy....

• Love 10
2 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

lol, maybe it's traci who isn't john's

I thought this too!

2 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

abby went and grabbed hairbrushes to use for the test...she said one was jack's and the other one was traci's....

Abby's not the brightest bulb, I hope it turns out that one was Jack's and one was Ashley's.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, miamama said:

So SOD spoilers say that the DNA test is going to show Jack is not John's son -- because I guess the test does not confirm him as a full sibling for Traci, which is incredibly stupid. I mean this doesn't prove John isn't his dad, just that they don't share a dad (if they even KNOW they tested the correct hair samples). Gah. Here goes Mal and his buillshit.

In any case, Ash and her spawn are SHOCKED at the results (I am SHOCKED that a person, even with "lab connections," can get a DNA test result in a matter of hours). Ash doesn't want Jack to know because it will destroy him and the Abbotts FOREVER (but really it's so she can keep telling him cryptically that she is PROTECTING HIM IN WAYS HE DOESN'T KNOW) but Abby thinks he MUST BE TOLD because of her experience with Brad/Victor (which makes zero sense -- she was a child; Jack is in his 60s and it means shit now). 

Poor Jack. 

Poor us.

Bullshit writing!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, miamama said:

Poor Jack. 

Poor us.

The most startling thing from all this other than the giant pile of Malturds that is Jack's retconned paternity is that Abby remembers Brad's name.

• Love 19

Alright. This show has officially jumped the shark. Angelica McDaniel is as dumb (and worthless) as box of hair. I hope she gets shit canned for it.  And after her, Mal Young needs to dropped down an elevator shaft head first. I fucking hate this crap. They just flushed about 35 or so years of the show's history down the crapper. Total bullshit writing. I think I'll be watching Chris Matthews during the cocktail hour from now on.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 14

Wow, so I came in for my semi annual appearance in Y&R, and now I'm reading there's some DNA hijinks with JACK now?! Because the ones with Jill and Kay, Delia, Sharon's three way WTD, the Summer bullshit, the melodrama with Connor and the (I'm assuming) still as-yet-to-be-fully-resolved crap with Christian along with all the others I've forgotten or have taken place since I gave up on this dreck weren't enough.

*HUGE facepalm*

What even is the purpose of this? To torture Jack some more? Fucking a, give him a rest. John has been dead for years and last I checked Gina wasn't doing too hot either. Fuck me :|

• Love 16
5 hours ago, miamama said:

um...

Oh for Dog's sake, it's the Erica and Dr. Kinder storyline redux.

So who's Janet from Another Planet?  

Such original storylines?

• Love 5

I still cannot believe that they brought JT for this storyline just so that they could kill him off after destroying his character. They could have just had Victoria hook up with some new guy and have her go through this whole story of abuse/murder.

I wonder if it is Victoria or Nikki who actually ends up killing JT.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I wonder if it is Victoria or Nikki who actually ends up killing JT.

It's Beely and Nick - an errant nostril/banana mishap.

It happens more than we think......

Kids, don't scratch and sniff, be safe out there.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, bannana said:

So they are going for the Big Little Lies approach. Except, this is a soap and characters have decades long storylines.  So wrong.

Oh, and JT is Reed's father.  And two other kids' father.  I really hope this is not real.

• Love 6

Wow. Brought Thad back to destroy J.T. while also killing him off? Having J.T. dead is one thing but burying his body?! What about the three kids that will wonder about their dad? I guess we will have to see how this plays out.  

• Love 7

And what a completely crappy way to wrap up a domestic abuse case, one which seems as if it might be resonating with Victoria in fixing her dysfunctional daddy issues as well.

Just like Dina's Alzheimer storyline it's going from hearfelt and thought provoking to utter bullshit.

I don't think this is a dream, I think this is Mal.

• Love 17
18 minutes ago, boes said:

And what a completely crappy way to wrap up a domestic abuse case, one which seems as if it might be resonating with Victoria in fixing her dysfunctional daddy issues as well.

Just like Dina's Alzheimer storyline it's going from hearfelt and thought provoking to utter bullshit.

I don't think this is a dream, I think this is Mal.

Exactly. 

You can have big drama *and* smart writing. Like wtf is Phyllis and Sharon doing here? I’d have had Reed in this story. That would be powerful. Have him kill his father after witnessing his mom smacked around (he’s a suddenly big kid who doesn’t know his strength yet). Then Vicki and Nikki can hide his body in a shallow grave. It’s ugly but it’s got legs as a story. 

It gives Reed serious substance going forward.

Vicki and Nicki would have to acknowledge the gross abuse they have lived with (Victor) and try desperately but in secret to break the cycle (Reed).

Victor would be in the dark about his own family. (For once)

And you could let Paul finally really be a cop and suss all this out over months and months.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't give two shits about JT as a character. I hope if that scene was not a dream, Vic croaks him but good.

Oh for sure he’s been ruined at this point. But I just wish if they were going to ruin him and kill him they’d get the most bang for their buck.

ugh I just remembered GT in an interview (with Fairman recently) saying the “ladies” would be involved in this story (check), it would incorporate HUMOUR (wtf?), and it would go on for months! 

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, miamama said:

Oh for sure he’s been ruined at this point. But I just wish if they were going to ruin him and kill him they’d get the most bang for their buck.

ugh I just remembered GT in an interview (with Fairman recently) saying the “ladies” would be involved in this story (check), it would incorporate HUMOUR (wtf?), and it would go on for months! 

I doubt Mal has one tenth the wit that Hitchcock did but they could do a kind of a Trouble With Harry kind of thing if they want to go with humor.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, miamama said:

Well, I missed that interview. "Humor"? WTF indeed. This is not an issue to ever be laughed at. Women (for the most part) and their children are put in mortal danger by physically abusive partners, or at the very least they are psychologically and emotionally tortured. I've not seen any part of this as being laughable. This storyline really has been playing out over months, though. We got subtle hints about its trajectory and it's now reaching its crisis point and a culmination, I believe. And it doesn't seem that TL is going to continue in this role. The only way this storyline could logically reach it's conclusion would be in one of less than a handful of ways:  Victoria ends it and JT leaves with his tail between his legs; she attempts to end it and he goes off on her and kills her in the process and he's either caught and prosecuted or he flees; or, she defends herself and he winds up dead; or, Victor regains consciousness and names JT as his attacker and manages to tell Paul that he had a video of JT beating the everlovin' shit out of Victoria. It's already known that there was blood found at the scene of Victor's attack that wasn't Victor's blood, so it would indicate it could be his attacker's. I don't know whether they've tested it against Jack's, but Jack wasn't bleeding at that scene, so he would have to be eliminated as the perpetrator.

I don't know whether there're any viewers that are rooting for JT to be killed in this. The best outcome - from the show's perspective and in real life - would be for JT to be arrested for his attack and attempted murder of Victor and for domestic partner abuse, which is on video, as well as breaking into Victor's safe and removing what he believed was incriminating evidence in that international price-fixing (huh?!) scheme for Christine. The character is sent away never to return. The End. Victoria, Reed, Mac and, yes, Victor obtain justice.

• Love 16

So do you think the burial site is one of Drinki's construction sites?

I suppose when Prick confirms that JT pushed him down the stairs and left him for dead, they can all say that JT fled GC so as not to get arrested. 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, bannana said:

I suppose when Prick confirms that JT pushed him down the stairs and left him for dead, they can all say that JT fled GC so as not to get arrested. 

Get out of my head!

• Love 7

Yes because why would you bury a body you didn't want found on the big, vast, comparatively remote family owned ranch when you can just plop him into a park in the middle of town?

MAB is back, isn't she?  You're calling her Mal to gaslight me.

• Love 16
30 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Yes because why would you bury a body you didn't want found on the big, vast, comparatively remote family owned ranch when you can just plop him into a park in the middle of town?

MAB is back, isn't she?  You're calling her Mal to gaslight me.

Oh, you just know somewhere down the road the body will be found, DNA testing will be done and the intrepid GCPD will be on the case. Jack will be arrested and sit rotting in jail and Victoria will have to confess.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Worse.  It's Nick's pigsty, where he rolls in mud each evening before retiring.  That aroma has to come from somewhere.

In barnyard parlance we call it ButtBiscuit bedding.  

Phyllis knows all about it.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Well maybe this is when the *humor* kicks in. Victor keeps trying to mumble about JT and never quite gets it out. From the looks of the clips, it seems that at some point imminently Phyl and Sharon, those intrepid masterclass investigators, jump into action and begin to flex their old Rosemary and Thyme sleuthing muscles. They start digging around because Sharon gave Victoria that card for the therapist and Vicki's brief conversation with her has been troubling her and the two of them start adding 2 + 2 and come up with 7. Haha! The audience chortles and it's the darker part of Mal's romcom romp is brought into focus.

This whole thing is hideous and has me seething.  It would appear JT is going get the Diane treatment.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 18
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:08 PM, peacheslatour said:

Trouble With Harry

I loved that movie.  Blake Carrington was gorgeous back in the day!

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:40 AM, miamama said:

I’d have had Reed in this story. That would be powerful. Have him kill his father after witnessing his mom smacked around (he’s a suddenly big kid who doesn’t know his strength yet).

He could pull it off, I think he's a good actor.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I agree, I really like the kid and I think it would be very compelling if he kills JT in standing up for his mother.

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, ByTor said:

32 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I agree, I really like the kid and I think it would be very compelling if he kills JT in standing up for his mother.

That could be very good!  I like Young Master Reed as well, I think the guy has talent.

• Love 9

The actor who plays Reed is very good. You can really see how good when you compare him -- how he carries himself, his subtle expressions -- to nuKyle. He also looks so much like he could be Victoria and JT's actual child. Crazy.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, miamama said:

Wait, what?  They are spoilering the storyline? I know we saw the foursome at the graveside, but this seems overly spoilerish for someone to be tweeting.

And, while I think the last thing he should do is leave town, it is probably good he gets away from his dysfunctional mother and grandfather.

So I guess JT dying is not going to be covered up by a concrete building?  Then what was that preview with the ladies burying him all about?

• Love 8

The person who tweeted this got it from another person who was on set that day of filming (March 23), which is a week after TL’s final air date (which AH accidentally tweeted out a month ago, then deleted). So show isn’t spoiling it, fans (and actors, oops) seem to be.

So it’s rumour at this point.

Usually set visitors must swear to share no photos or spoilers. But I doubt they sign a contract. 

Re preview: It could be Reed kills JT and ladies cover up? But to send him away afterwards??? I don’t know.

But it’s a shame if true. I like him.

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, miamama said:

The person who tweeted this got it from another person who was on set that day of filming (March 23), which is a week after TL’s final air date (which AH accidentally tweeted out a month ago, then deleted). So show isn’t spoiling it, fans (and actors, oops) seem to be.

Usually set visitors must swear to share no photos or spoilers. But I doubt they sign a contract. 

Re preview: It could be Reed kills JT and ladies cover up? But to send him away afterwards??? I don’t know.

Thanks @miamama.  I did gather it was a fan twitter account, but, wow, it is a bit crazy they can spoil a story like that.  For people unlike me, cause I love to be spoiled.  I didn't know about Amelia's tweet!

If Reed kills his dad, as you said, this could be an interesting storyline, and I can see the ladies covering it up.  But is that really a good thing for Reed to be sent away?  Not.  He would carry that with him forever, so he should stay with family, so that he has that support.

I think you are correct, it has to be that Reed does it, and the ladies cover it up.  But sending Reed away is a very bad idea.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, miamama said:

I'm not liking this.  The actor has been a favorite of mine since he first showed up.  His storylines have mostly been crap, but the actor, for me, was always a pleasure to watch.  He's got talent.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, boes said:

I'm not liking this.  The actor has been a favorite of mine since he first showed up.  His storylines have mostly been crap, but the actor, for me, was always a pleasure to watch.  He's got talent.

Agreed, and he's a cute kid.  I'll miss him, but hopefully he's on to something better.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, bannana said:

Thanks @miamama.  I did gather it was a fan twitter account, but, wow, it is a bit crazy they can spoil a story like that.  For people unlike me, cause I love to be spoiled.  I didn't know about Amelia's tweet!

If Reed kills his dad, as you said, this could be an interesting storyline, and I can see the ladies covering it up.  But is that really a good thing for Reed to be sent away?  Not.  He would carry that with him forever, so he should stay with family, so that he has that support.

I think you are correct, it has to be that Reed does it, and the ladies cover it up.  But sending Reed away is a very bad idea.

Yeah a lot gets spoiled I find. But spoilers work to get people to tune in at times so it’s a double edged sword.

its conceivable the person who saw this filmed misunderstood and Reed is being sent away during the investigation? A few actors have said this story goes on for awhile. But why not keep Reed a part of it?  Wait and see I guess. 

• Love 7

Aw, I'm sad Tristan is leaving the show. He (and Mariah) are the best younger actors on the show. He is a very empathetic actor and always has seemed very into the dialogue with his acting partners. A great listener. That's something that really can't be taught. A director can greatly influence a performance and wring good acting out of mediocre talent, but it's not easy. This young man can only make a director look good. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the news that the young woman who plays Mattie has a serious physical ailment. I've not read anything further than what I heard a couple or so weeks ago, but I got the impression she was going to be sidelined or might have to leave the show. But back to Reed, how is it that he can just up and leave town to "find himself"? He's not yet turned eighteen the last I heard. And what's he going to do to pay his way? I guess he'll have to rely on his mom for financial support.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 8