Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

so, y&r is doing a stand alone eppy for christmas day.

apparently it is supposed to be a gift to the fans.

it is going to be four vignettes featuring  billy, hillary, mariah, nikki, phyllis, sharon.

each vignette will be themed by a christmas carol.

i can see sharon's song to be "blue christmas"..

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

We're getting a lump of coal. I just know it.

With ButtBiscuit, we've been given a walking, talking piece of Coprolite ever since Noah forgot to do his job and crack that noggin like a diseased walnut.

Who knew Mr. Hanky would become the star of The Young and the Restless?

giphy.gif

Hiii dee ho!!

And God Bless us, every one......

• Love 13

Squeeze in between your festive buns
A present from down below
Spreading joy with a "Howdy Ho"
He's seen the love inside of you
Cause he's a piece of poo
Sometimes he's nutty
Sometimes he's corny
He can be brown or greenish brown
But if you eat fiber on Christmas Eve
He might come to your town
Mr. Hankey, The Christmas Poo
He loves me, I love you!

• Love 10
On 12/21/2017 at 8:48 AM, valleycliffe said:

my guess for the "other songs"

billy and phyl " santa baby"

hillary "all i want for christmas is you"

nikki "you're a mean one mr. grinch"

from someplace else, these are the songs that will be played.

We Three Kings -
Sharon. 

What Child Is This -
Hilary. 

The Twelve Days Of Christmas -
Phyllis. 

Angels We Have Heard On High -
Nikki.

i like mine better.

• Love 4

LOLOLOL  at a different forum, someone said they googled spoilers for Y&R

apparently graham is going to show up again either at the end of dec. or early jan.

jt goes to work for newmans

nick overhears chelsea and victor talking about adam being can's father..

can't wait for the nick and chelz one.

however, if my genuinely likes their coupling, i could see nick forgiving chelz cause she was trying to protect him or some such rot.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I wonder if the Abbotts are going to fob Dina back onto Graham and tell him he can keep his friggin inheritance if he takes her away somewhere and pull the old switcheroo on him when she croaks.

That would actually be interesting, and pretty good soap--which eliminates the possibility of MY using it...

• Love 5

DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN !!! (Kay C.)

ButtBiscuit and Bloodless Cane joined at the hip.  NO business gets done that way, Jill, and they're not going to kiss and make up!  Kay's legacy will go into the toilet.

Mal teaches the Master (fill in your own dirty word) Class in "How NOT to Write a Soap Opera" and we are living in it.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, miamama said:

Just saw this spoiler on Twitter.

Thank the fucking soap gods.

Jill decides to keep the business and appoints Billy to be Cane’s co-CEO. #YR

#KeepBillyAwayFromJabot

This might end up even worse. You know it's to push a rivalry between the two companies with Billy looking like the premier businessman and Jack the incompetent shmuck. 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, DivaT said:

This might end up even worse. You know it's to push a rivalry between the two companies with Billy looking like the premier businessman and Jack the incompetent shmuck. 

Possibly. But for me it's more an issue of Jabot--and specifically running Jabot--being something that has defined Jack since the character's inception. To have Billy, who even before JT's portrayal, had very little emotional connection to Jabot, take over the position of CEO even for a few weeks would be unbearable to me. It would be akin to what they did with Kay's house when they painted it blue and had Jill inexplicably (and off-screen) just hand it to Billy Drake so he could fuck Phyllis on the stairs. In other words it would be another attempt to shoehorn JT's Billy as THE SHOW'S PREMIER LEADING MAN by just hoisting him onto other people's backs.

Anyways I think Mal knows no other storylines except straight bantering conflict (and of course cheesy awkward Three's Company level romcom). So I suspect we'll see Cane and Billy arguing and in perpetual power plays against each other rather than Billy vs Jack.

I really do think Mal wants to end Jack vs Billy for the most part.

• Love 13

There could be an interesting conflict between Billy and Cane, what with the way Jill has preferred her fake son over her real son in recent years. But we won't get an interesting, organic conflict, just a couple of bros exchanging tired insults or walking in on each other boffing their significant others on the CEO desk. Maybe Mal will hint at another foursome! Yay?

• Love 10
52 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

There could be an interesting conflict between Billy and Cane, what with the way Jill has preferred her fake son over her real son in recent years. But we won't get an interesting, organic conflict, just a couple of bros exchanging tired insults or walking in on each other boffing their significant others on the CEO desk. Maybe Mal will hint at another foursome! Yay?

Right. I'm sure the ladies will be involved soon enough. Since Phyllis is now a contemporary of Lily. lmao.

BM's Billy--who was written to be very much Abbott, tight with his brother and sisters, loathing the Black Knight above all, looking like PB--vs Cane was actually a fun and kind of fascinating rivalry. Like what is the deal with Jill's obsession with the pasty con? And what does Billy actually feel about his mother's family and his relationship to her?

But now that we have this changeling weirdo from Port Charles fucking a woman who used to call herself Jack's wife and living in Summer's Barbie House I just don't give a shit what Jill thinks of him. I don't even blame her for wondering why she should care or even know this POS.

• Love 15

Right? When you can look at Jill's choices and declare "Yes, I would choose Cane too", you know the other dude is a turd. A double flusher even. Truthfully neither the vampire or the biscuit of butt should be anywhere near the helm of a company. Not everyone has to be in business, show.

• Love 12
On 12/27/2017 at 5:53 PM, miamama said:

Right. I'm sure the ladies will be involved soon enough. Since Phyllis is now a contemporary of Lily. lmao.

BM's Billy--who was written to be very much Abbott, tight with his brother and sisters, loathing the Black Knight above all, looking like PB--vs Cane was actually a fun and kind of fascinating rivalry. Like what is the deal with Jill's obsession with the pasty con? And what does Billy actually feel about his mother's family and his relationship to her?

But now that we have this changeling weirdo from Port Charles fucking a woman who used to call herself Jack's wife and living in Summer's Barbie House I just don't give a shit what Jill thinks of him. I don't even blame her for wondering why she should care or even know this POS.

Now that you mention it, oddly enough, CK recently said that lily should be friends with Phyllis because phyllis was best friends with Dru. It's such a ridiculous rewrite and obtuse rationale that it can't help but come from Mal's pen. So, you might be on to something. 

• Love 3

I wasn't really watching back during that time so at first I didn't see the issue with CK's statement. But upon reflection, I vaguely recall that Phyliss was the reason Dru died, or part of the reason, so her statement makes no sense whatsoever. Someone should jog her memory, heh.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I wasn't really watching back during that time so at first I didn't see the issue with CK's statement. But upon reflection, I vaguely recall that Phyliss was the reason Dru died, or part of the reason, so her statement makes no sense whatsoever. Someone should jog her memory, heh.

CK was front and center on that death scene. Lily saw both women fall over the cliff.

Moreover, even if she wasn't, she knew Dru and Phyllis weren't friends. 

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, DivaT said:

Moreover, even if she wasn't, she knew Dru and Phyllis weren't friends. 

It may be a misquote, I don't know. But CK's comment hits a nerve, I have to say. It's a fuck you to viewers who have been loyal to this show for decades.

We are just over here playing 1984 "war is peace" insanity because we CAN. Phyllis and Dru were BFFs. Keep repeating it!!!!! 

Just like seeing Phyllis traipsing around the Abbott mansion on Christmas as Billy's 30-year-old bored girlfriend as though she and Jack don't share some 18 years of real time history (including a wedding where teenaged Billy was the best man FFS)

Fuck off, show. The only thing you have that no other genre has is rich history. Decades and decades of character and story history. But hey throw it out the window for a couple of recasts and your awesome UK HW/EP who thinks he's going to reinvent the wheel and show us how to watch real soaps.

RME.

• Love 17

If you think we soap fans are a savvy bunch, Mal Young, why do you keep putting a dumpster fire on TV and calling it the Young and the Restless? We can see the dumpster. We can smell the burning trash. Don't try that phony flattery. Give us something we know isn't crap and then I'll believe you respect our intelligence. 

And don't bring back Kyle if it's just to crap on Jack.

• Love 17
14 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

And don't bring back Kyle if it's just to crap on Jack.

And this is exactly what is being set up. He votes against Jack repeatedly (even about the CEO working in the office, wtf?) and then won't take his calls????

He'll probably just adore Philly though. They're so hot and funny. Maybe Mal will give us a threesome in the Barbie House! Tee hee.

#IneverSawThatComing #mantra

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, miamama said:

He'll probably just adore Philly though. They're so hot and funny. Maybe Mal will give us a threesome in the Barbie House! Tee hee.

maybe kyle will remember when phyl had her fake fall off a ladder and laid a big wet one on him...

• Love 8

Why does Kyle even have a vote on the board? Has he ever worked for the company? Or does he just get money from everyone else’s hard work? He wouldn’t be the first one who lived off of the labor of other family members. As I recall, one of the Walmart heirs (a daughter) has never worked a day in her life but profits from the income from Walmart to the tune of millions of dollars a year to support her horse ranch in, I believe, Texas. How anyone with a conscience could do that is beyond me. Talk about being entitled!

• Love 4

Nick tells Sharon that Scott is involved with another woman.

Sharon initially refuses to believe Nick's claim.

Sharon smacks Abby.

Christian goes missing on Chelsea's watch.

JT and Lily reconnect.

Abby wants Sharon's forgiveness.

The Abbotts deal with Graham, who plays dirty.

So Graham is coming back. I knew it!

• Love 11
On 12/29/2017 at 4:19 PM, Gam2 said:

Why does Kyle even have a vote on the board? Has he ever worked for the company? Or does he just get money from everyone else’s hard work? He wouldn’t be the first one who lived off of the labor of other family members. As I recall, one of the Walmart heirs (a daughter) has never worked a day in her life but profits from the income from Walmart to the tune of millions of dollars a year to support her horse ranch in, I believe, Texas. How anyone with a conscience could do that is beyond me. Talk about being entitled!

I think the little shit works in Jabot's NYC office.  Funny, though, Tracy never mentions seeing him - maybe she doesn't like him either.

The only Kyle I even remotely enjoyed was the short-lived Lurch lookalike, the others, not so much.

It would be nice if Jack had a kid who actually liked and supported him, though.

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, boes said:

I think the little shit works in Jabot's NYC office.  Funny, though, Tracy never mentions seeing him - maybe she doesn't like him either.

The only Kyle I even remotely enjoyed was the short-lived Lurch lookalike, the others, not so much.

It would be nice if Jack had a kid who actually liked and supported him, though.

Frankenkyle!

• Love 11

Frankenkyle was the only incarnation that supported Jack (also cute little boy Kyle did). High voice Blake Hood was pretty good ( much better in hindsight) though he had far too many scenes with Victor when he first came on. Gnomeo was an asshole obsessed with Summer.

Jack’s whole family shits on him. Abby is sweet with her mom. Victor’s kids fight for his love and approval. WHY CAN’T JACK HAVE SOMEONE ON HIS SIDE????

At the moment he has Gloria and Phyllis. Both of whom are snakes who have fucked him over in the past.

Not looking forward to Kyle’s story line. 

• Love 14

I think I have a bad association with FrankenKyle as he marked the beginning of the utter destruction of the paternity payoff years in the making. Summer was actually Jack's and Jack finally won something (yes, Summer is a shitty, shitty prize). I might still be traumatized. 

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I think I have a bad association with FrankenKyle as he marked the beginning of the utter destruction of the paternity payoff years in the making. Summer was actually Jack's and Jack finally won something (yes, Summer is a shitty, shitty prize). I might still be traumatized. 

Yes, that's right. The writers in their brilliance felt that the paternity story (an actual, open-ended GOOD story that had been percolating for seven years of real time and had all the main players still playing the same roles) would be best handled by re-visiting it only to leave the paternity unchanged (so Nick wins the same paternity war TWICE and Jack of course loses TWICE), find a way to make it all Sharon's fault, and launch a romeo-juliet love story between an annoying recast girl and a bizarre millionth recast of a character who had not been remotely established on canvas.

What? It didn't work out?

aaaaaaargh. I think I'm traumatized too. I'd just blocked it out.

• Love 14

IMO, the only reason that Summer wasn't Jack's daughter was because the show wanted to find a replacement Newman/Abbot pairing for Villy.  Summer and Kyle were their only options for it. 

The show needs to bite the bullet and bring on Keemo's daughter and/or Keemo. 

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 2