Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

I like Austin' tats, and if he shaved and had a high and tight I'd probably be into the way he looks. I like em tall, and dude is deliciously tall, I am actually kind of surprised that between the boredom and what not that he hasn't shaved or altered his look in anyway. I'm sure that's because he's so invested in his wrestling persona, but eh, the hair will grow back. As it is I hate his pony-beard, the working out all day not showering is pretty oogie, but I just really dislike the way his showmance with Liz progressed, he was so cave man about it, and I'm not saying she hasn't reciprocated, she has, but still it just felt like he ignored a lot of her I'm just not that into you signals, and emotionally/strategically her game would have blown up if she had really rejected him even in the way Meg rejected James. I honestly don't even know if HE is that into Liz on her own merits, other than she's hot and he's invested so much of his game in the overall showmance strategy. It's just one of the most forced icky showmances I've ever seen develop. Like when their in bed just sleeping he looks like he's one of those Alien pods from the Body Snatchers trying to engulf her and create a mindless copy. Ick.

I like him much more when he's having real talks and game talk with Van, and even with Steve, he seems more...what he's probably like outside the house/game.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 2

Isn't it funny how different things irritate people? I've seen complaints about Vanessa's mania, Steve's awkwardness, & the twins way of speaking, but none of that bothers me in the least. What drives me absolutely crazy is when Austin does the air guitar thing!!!

• Love 12

I'm excited for this week. Should be lots of interesting game talk going on. At least, I hope so.

I think Vanessa absolutely threw the last HoH. Winning that would have been terrible for her, requiring her to pick a side and announce it to the house. Instead, she's 95% safe this week, with everyone still thinking she's on their side going in to F5. I bet she throws veto too, unless it's down to just her and Julia. Even if Julia wins veto, Vanessa probably stays. Julia would of course take down Liz, so the votes would be Liz, Julia, and John. Julia is closer to Vanessa than she is to Austin (by a lot) and it wouldn't take much for her to vote to evict Austin. The twins have been really easily swayed by Vanessa all season and it's possible they'd BOTH evict Austin once she was done with them. Especially if Liz is pissed that Austin didn't pull a Clay for her. She's already been laying the groundwork with Julia for *not* using the veto, which is insane. I really don't enjoy the way that she's doing it, and I don't like watching her, but Vanessa has managed to convince people to vote against their own self interest several times. John definitely keeps Vanessa.

Of course, it's also possible that Vanessa talks Steve in to putting John up. He knows he shouldn't, but I'm not sure he has the intestinal fortitude to stand up to her if she harangues him for a day. So, she may not leave even if Julia wins veto, is all I'm saying.

Obviously, not a sure thing, but if Vanessa wins veto, she's going to piss off either Liz/Julia, Austin, or Steve/John, instead of coasting to F5 with no one mad at her. So it's risky either way, I guess.

• Love 3

Isn't it funny how different things irritate people? I've seen complaints about Vanessa's mania, Steve's awkwardness, & the twins way of speaking, but none of that bothers me in the least. What drives me absolutely crazy is when Austin does the air guitar thing!!!

Ha ha ha!  No feeds this year and I am enjoying reading everyone's take with no attachment myself.  I love that you hate the air guitar above all else.  Really love that!  

• Love 6

Obviously, not a sure thing, but if Vanessa wins veto, she's going to piss off either Liz/Julia, Austin, or Steve/John, instead of coasting to F5 with no one mad at her. So it's risky either way, I guess.

Hmm. I don't think Vanessa wants to win the veto so that she doesn't have to choose, but I don't think she'd piss off anyone if she didn't use it. Austin thinks he's safe vs. Liz. If she saved Liz, Julia would go up. And Steve/John can't be mad because it would be Steve's original noms staying the same.

I hope Johnny Mac wins this veto, just for maximum twin drama.

• Love 2
James has talked a lot about AFP and maybe winning it and that the audience probably loves him and Meg. But, I can't decide if he was saying it in an egotistical way or was just joking about it.

I think he was totally joking.  Which makes it even funnier, considering that he and JMac are probably the top two AFP candidates.

I like Austin' tats, and if he shaved and had a high and tight I'd probably be into the way he looks. I like em tall, and dude is deliciously tall, I am actually kind of surprised that between the boredom and what not that he hasn't shaved or altered his look in anyway. I'm sure that's because he's so invested in his wrestling persona, but eh, the hair will grow back.

Wasn't there something last season where the HGs mentioned there were strict parameters as to how much they could alter their personal appearance from how they looked at time of casting without Production approval? 

I seem to recall inferences that Production was having a conniption at the thought of Donny shaving his beard while in the House....

ETA: ...although they didn't seem to have a major problem with Caleb getting a buzz cut - but wasn't that in conjunction with a comp...?

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1

ETA: ...although they didn't seem to have a major problem with Caleb getting a buzz cut - but wasn't that in conjunction with a comp...?

Yeah. I think it was the How Bad Do You Want It comp? And he tried to claim that he had a tattoo on his head and alluded to it being Nazi related. Of course there was nothing there when they shaved his head and he tried to wear a hat constantly because it was going to ruin his modelling career/chances. Oh, Beast Mode Cowboy. I kinda miss him.

• Love 4
Oh, Beast Mode Cowboy. I kinda miss him.

Callaphera, you don't have a GQ subscription?

I have no problem with his hair or beard - actually I kind of like that look on a guy. It's his questionable hygiene and over the top cheesy, egotistical personality that makes him gross to me.

TexasChic...and that he's so unaware of how he presents himself.

• Love 3

What drives me crazy are the constant hats on Vanessa's head. 

• Love 4

Callaphera, you don't have a GQ subscription?

No. Was he in it? I don't think he's cute, not my thing, but his stories. Oh his stories. I'd love to buy the guy a beer (or four) and just listen to his stories. Like the time he was paralyzed as a child and a mysterious African man walked into his hospital room and laid his hands on him and healed him. And then he could walk! Funny enough, the only story in the house he didn't try one-upping was Victoria's carried off by a crow story. 

And the pickle-in-the-banana. I'll never forget that. Because that'll get a girl to like you!

• Love 5

Wasn't there something last season where the HGs mentioned there were strict parameters as to how much they could alter their personal appearance from how they looked at time of casting without Production approval? 

I seem to recall inferences that Production was having a conniption at the thought of Donny shaving his beard while in the House....

Yea, Production definitely made Donny keep his beard in the house. I could see them wanting Austin to keep his look too since it's basically a part of his character.

Apparently they were told to hydrate before this comp. And it's been going for 2 hours now. So basically Julia probably has no shot at whatever it is lol.

The drama is already turned up to 11. Apparently, Austin accused Vanessa and Julia of something shady during the comp, and Liz cheered when Austin won. Vanessa is already covering bases, promising the twins that she didn't throw it (but of course she threw it) and now throwing Austin under the bus to Julia and telling Julia that Liz is going. Julia chose Austin instead of JMac in one round, and that seems to be a major issue, I guess because Austin had to choose whether to knock her out or to knock himself out.

It was some sort of maybe bowling comp where they picked competitors in rounds, like in the music comp.

I was right- it's going to be a crazy week!

• Love 2

...aaannnndddd Cue Waterworks!

Had I mentioned lately that Vanessa's tears are the balm of Gilead to my soul?

Have I mentioned lately that I can't believe these people actually believe those are actual tears? Vanessa has So. Many. Tells that she's lying, and none of them ever pick up on it. It's driven me crazy all season.

Oooh, now Austin and Liz are fighting/ crying. Austin winning may be the best thing for our viewing pleasure. Plus, Liz leaving, especially this way, splits Julia from Austin for sure.

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 2

Goodbye Liz! IM one of the few BB fans that is going to miss her. I hope she doesnt get booed on thursday.

You have to be Aaryn level of awful to be booed on this show. Personally, when Austin finally gets the boot (if he ever does, ugh), I don't hope he'll be booed. I hope the audience will sit on their hands and not make a peep because that's what would bother him the most. No reaction at all. (I also hoped the same thing for Frankie, but it didn't happen.)

• Love 6

I have a random feeling Vanessa will end up on the block, and Steve will think he can work with the twins and somehow turn them both against Austin.  We shall see.

I wish! That would be amazing. But Liz is 100% going home. This week will continue to be boring imo.

I have a random feeling Vanessa will end up on the block, and Steve will think he can work with the twins and somehow turn them both against Austin.  We shall see.

That doesn't make any sense for his own game.  Why would Steve want to be a 3rd wheel, possible 4th wheel - that had previously put him on the block.   If Austin takes himself off, Julia will go up.  It will be keeping to his original mission of breaking up that alliance.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 1

John/Steve in the HOH, John tells Steve that V told him to take out Liz first, Steve doesn't understand this, thought she should want out Julia first.  John thinks it was so V could be good with the twins as well as them.  Steve says he's going to let things sit for a couple of days.  I'm telling you, Vanessa may be in trouble this week.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 2

Also it sounds like Julia could have won but Austin took her out, so no wonder Julia and Liz are pissed at him.

OK wait apparently John wants to save Liz and take out Julia. Slay a bit, Johnny Mac! I mean, no chance for that to happen and he's a dumbass if he thinks there is, but still I like the way he's thinking.

pennben, please keep putting your 'Vanessa might be in trouble' theory into the universe!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

Well, I can't see any way that Vanessa or JMac goes up on the block to replace Austin.  For sure Steve knows he has to get an Austwin out and the only way he guarantees that is by putting Julia up there against her sister.  Liz will, for sure, go, because JMac won't want to keep her and Vanessa has always been closer to Julia.

• Love 1

John/Steve in the HOH, John tells Steve that V told him to take out Liz first, Steve doesn't understand this, thought she should want out Julia first.  John thinks it was so V could be good with the twins as well as them.  Steve says he's going to let things sit for a couple of days.  I'm telling you, Vanessa may be in trouble this week.

LOL if Steve puts up Vanessa, it would probably be a worse move than Austin using the veto on Liz. 

• Love 1

Liz will, for sure, go, because JMac won't want to keep her and Vanessa has always been closer to Julia.

As of right now it seems like John does want to keep Liz actually. But Julia is Vanessa's preferred F2 and Liz is the biggest threat threat to her, so Vanessa will get what she wants and Liz will go.

• Love 1

The twins have been really easily swayed by Vanessa all season and it's possible they'd BOTH evict Austin once she was done with them.

Definitely, someone pointed out that the twins are "reflectors" when they socialize/communicate which is probably why they are so awful TOGETHER and also why they tend to change their minds given whoever they are talking to, I imagine this is also why they evicted James over Johnny, because he put the mildest of screws to them and they caved quickly.

Yay Julia didn't win, saweet, not sure why Liz is cheering since Julia is probably going up though I agree that (John/Van might be better noms for Steve's game in that order). I tend to agree that Van is better in comps for Steve's "side" and that John has a better chance of beating him in final 2, even John pointed out he needs to piss off some jurors so he's perceived by those remaining as not a slam dunk in F2. But Julia and Van I think are Steve's best bets in F2. 

• Love 2

Oh and Vanessa was using her dead husband as strategy again. So gross. I'm so annoyed by her victim act. People always back down from confronting her because she cries and whines and cries some more. And makes sure to get in about 100 "I'm a good person" quotes.

• Love 7

As of right now it seems like John does want to keep Liz actually.

Okay, that's probably it, Steve thinking maybe take out Julia over Liz (because of Vanessa targetting Liz first in veto over Julia), rather than turning on Vanessa.

Edited by pennben

As of right now it seems like John does want to keep Liz actually. But Julia is Vanessa's preferred F2 and Liz is the biggest threat threat to her, so Vanessa will get what she wants and Liz will go.

Just how stupid can JMac be?  Take out Liz and you break up both Liztin and Lizia.  I'm sorry but with 6 players left, it is not in Steve, JMac or Vanessa's interests to keep Liz.  Heck, I'm not sure it's in Austin's best interests because with Liz still there, he's in a very obvious duo and, with the two of them being comp beasts, they'll have a target on their back anytime someone not named Julia wins HOH.

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Love 3

I'm telling you, Vanessa may be in trouble this week.

I really don't see it, and if Steve is thinking of voting out Julia over Liz that is ALSO a really dumb move, he AND his alliance have a better chance against the two halves of Austwins that don't even LIKE each other than with LIztin still around, WTF is he even thinking? He like eveyrone else in that stupid fucking house is thinking about VANESSA'S game how to hurt her rather than help themselves. JHC on HOCKEY  STICK!

Just how stupid can JMac be?

Right? Vanessa obsession has never helped ANYONE'S game, it's only sent you out the door quicker, STAHP.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 1

Dan did that shit all day long, all season long *swear on his loves ones lives* as well as the bible which he actually does care about. I really have zero problem with that, it's fucking BB, saying whatever you need to say short of racism and sexism to convince people of what you need/want them to do is fuckin fine by me. 

• Love 9

Yes to that Ceeg!  This year has been crazy, and I think we have a couple more weeks of crazy coming.  I can't ask for more than that. 

Also, apparently Jesse was the host, so I'm sure Austin thinks that is a nod to him that he is dominating the season and will be the next big wrestling deal to come out of the house. 

• Love 2

Where's the drama though? I don't see any. It's just Vanessa crying and acting like a victim again while everyone placates her ass and does what's best for her again. This week is already 100% decided. Julia will go up and Liz will be voted out by another unanimous vote. 

Liz crying and crying and Julia not giving one fuck right now is pretty hilarious.

Dan did that shit all day long, all season long *swear on his loves ones lives* as well as the bible which he actually does care about. I really have zero problem with that, it's fucking BB, saying whatever you need to say short of racism and sexism to convince people of what you need/want them to do is fuckin fine by me. 

If she would not get all self-righteous, sitting on her high horse when everyone else does it then it'd be fine by me. If she'd own it in the DR it'd be fine by me. She really is the second coming of Derrick.

• Love 3

Where's the drama though? I don't see any. It's just Vanessa crying and acting like a victim again while everyone placates her ass and does what's best for her again. This week is already 100% decided. Julia will go up and Liz will be voted out by another unanimous vote. 

Not nomination drama, just personal drama. Austin and Vanessa pissed at each other, Vanessa crying, Liz pissed at Austin, Julia pissed at Austin, Austin with his tail tucked between his legs, Liz and Julia crying. DRAMA!

• Love 13

Has Vanessa said she's sweating all over again? Thats her standard line when trying to act like she's stressed about nominations & such. If she didn't cry so much I'd be totally Team Vanessa. Unfortunately, she does & I'm not.

• Love 2

Liz crying and crying and Julia not giving one fuck right now is pretty hilarious.

What I kind of love about their dynamic is that Liz lets no opportunity go by not to remind Julia how much better she is at the game than her.  True sibling stuff right there...I love you, but you know I'm the target because I'm so much better than you, maybe if you were better, we could be safe!!

• Love 11

What I kind of love about their dynamic is that Liz lets no opportunity go by not to remind Julia how much better she is at the game than her.  True sibling stuff right there...I love you, but you know I'm the target because I'm so much better than you, maybe if you were better, we could be safe!!

She also just told her, "You have to actually win something if you want to win this game, Julia". I think it was a pep talk, but it was just hilariously condescending. 

• Love 13

Has Vanessa said she's sweating all over again? Thats her standard line when trying to act like she's stressed about nominations & such. If she didn't cry so much I'd be totally Team Vanessa. Unfortunately, she does & I'm not.

A little young for hot flashes, isn't she?  ;>

Yes, Vanessa had no one & played the game all by herself. I guess she's forgotten the other people on the jury who didn't work with her, right? LOL!!! Yeah, she might want to rethink her Final 2 speech.

• Love 2

Damn, of course Austin won veto. I really wanted him to go this week. Did anyone see Meg and James' exit interviews with Jeff? They think Austin's playing the best game, and despite my feeling that Liz doesnt really like him like that, I don't see Liz voting against him unless he's in the final 2 with Julia; that's three votes right there! Damn, the big buffoon could actually win this thing.. ugh!

Also, Meg's interview is worth watching for the part where she bemoans most of the house guests playing like they're at summer camp. Yes, Meg said this! The oblivion is real with that girl!

• Love 7