Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

John arranged his puzzle off the board so that he didn't have to worry about walking back on the beam. That was his strategy. There was nothing to demagnetize by not walking on the beam.

Yeah, that was smart thinking on John's part. Don't know about Steve getting more time though.

I saw on Joker's that Liz's magnets on the bottom row weren't working, so Big Brother had to stop the competition and they thought John got to see her puzzle during the reset. I don't know if any of that is something that came out of the HGs' mouths or if it's just people making things up based on edited footage.

We'll never know! 

I thought I'd love to see the aftermath after Austin's eviction, but it'd probably just be Vanessa and Liz crying at each other. But I bet Liz got a few choice words in that she's been holding in. I hope it's on the show tomorrow!

Edited by mooses

Oh - it is so satisfying to see Austin leave.  I am veeeeeeery glad-uh...:)

And now I'll be happy to see Vanessa with the Final Four veto (only so she's safe...people seem to think she'll boot out John and I'd rather see Liz out of the house, so....whoever will evict Liz is the one I want to win veto)

Edited by Vicky
  • Love 2

Does anyone remember if the tie-breaker question for the HOH was one of those Price is Right, closest answer without going over question? I can't remember exactly what the correct answer was, but I thought John was about as close to correct as Steve, except Steve didn't go over the correct number.

Vanessa was upset, to the point where she didn't even put the veto around his neck and just handed it to him. It's hard to really know for sure though because she's been a terrible sport all season when things don't go her way.

In retrospect it worked out just fine for her. Austin leaving was the best possible outcome for her this eviction cycle.

Does anyone remember if the tie-breaker question for the HOH was one of those Price is Right, closest answer without going over question? I can't remember exactly what the correct answer was, but I thought John was about as close to correct as Steve, except Steve didn't go over the correct number.

Yeah, John was way closer but he went over. 

• Love 1

John was actually closer. He guessed 3600 and Steve 601 and the answer was 2800 or something but Steve won because he didn't go over.

• Love 1

Yeah, it was Price is Right style. Steve claimed he forgot an extra 0, but he wrote a 3-digit number multiple times on his board so I don't understand what was going on with his brain.

• Love 1

Steve saying he forgot a zero. So he was gonna guess 6,000 instead of 600? He thought the comp lasted an hour and 40 minutes? I think he felt dumb that he screwed up the math and was so far off. 

Feeds are back. No word on who won veto.

Edited by Cutty

I completely missed "not going over" part then. Dang. It would've been so much better for me if John had won instead. I never really cared about Steve one way or another until tonight, but he was so completely unlikable in today's episode. In the storage room mumbling about Vanessa, so much arrogance in the DR. Ugh. He's so lucky that he barely survived the elimination.

We're back.  Vanessa doesn't seem upset, but I assume there has been time since the veto to recover if she didn't win.

Steve seems chipper.

Who cares about Veto! We're in for another round of Sling Band!

Liz is humming as she cooks in the kitchen, is stuffing her face with food, and giggling while play wrestles with Steve.  I don't think she's all that broke up about what's-his-name being gone.

I can't believe how clean the kitchen is!

• Love 2

Steve is happy because he is HOH, and all is good. Vanessa in bed, I would bet "100%" she did not win. Liz acting happy and carefree, she's who I would bet on winning POV at this point. Johnny Mac is Johnny Mac.

On my careful analysis, I have no clue. But I don't have any skittles to help me.

• Love 5

Yeah, I'm gonna say Vanessa definitely didn't win. She's in her I'm gonna go be anti-social mode, so I think she knows she's done.

But everyone seems fine and I'm assuming they've all come to terms with their fates by now.

Maybe Steve won, made Liz feel safe and John/Vanessa are trying to figure out who is toast.  Or maybe John won and can't figure out whether to boot Liz/Vanessa.  Somebody freaking say something!!!!

Edited by pennben

Sorry but if you've been evicted you shouldn't win the game. The entire point is to not be voted out. That they have used this awful twist the last three seasons doesn't change the fact.

I get that a lot of people hate it, but the rules are that a person who has returned after eviction *can* win the game. The real point is to get to final two and have the jury vote for you to win- TPTB just made changes to how a person can do that - the returning juror is just one part of a game that has constantly evolved since its inception.

I'd guess Liz/Steve/John in that order.

Come to think of it, I wonder what was going on with that Veto competition. I think peachmangosteen had mentioned some controversy among the HGs. We obviously saw Vanessa's meltdown, but I'm assuming it was because of that and not solely from John winning like BB tried to edit it as.

I think folks covered it pretty well, but I think there was also some chatter from Liz and Austin that John was "cheating" off of her puzzle, but that seems crazy. It looked like they could all see each other's boards as they ran back to the timers. I was thinking the other HGs might also have been pissed that John ran on the ground one way every time, and if they didn't realize what he was doing, I can absolutely understand why that would piss them off.

Shit, Vanessa won veto.

• Love 1

Oh my god, my little cock-a-roach (trademark, Gina Marie) in the game lives to see another week!  Every week, I think she's done, every week she stays and just makes the game crazy all week.  I'm glad she's made it to the end of the season.  I assume she's done for next week (as much out of tradition as anything else).

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1

Vanessa was like, "Has anyone noticed all the ants are gone?!"

...Coincidence? 

Maybe it's because the ants can't follow their leader anymore so they retreated with him to the jury house?

.....zing?

Vanessa won? Yay! Come on Vanessa, evict Liz! EVICT LIZ.

Probably not, but I'm happy Vanessa's making it to final 3.

• Love 6

Heh, I bet the DR told Vanessa "Hey, could you go out there and discuss the veto meeting where you are the veto holder and what do you have to say as the veto holder? Thanks!"

Well, like Vanessa has been many times, I was '100%' wrong. Johnny Mac is probably gone. And I am going to bed.

Fun day folks, can't wait to hear about Reasons and Incentives and Deals and all kinds of other nonsense Vanessa spews tonight. Good times!

• Love 4

Can't believe that Vanessa won veto and still looks so sad. John sure doesn't care that he'll be leaving tomorrow. He's been great and I've grown to like him. Wish he had pulled out the win instead of Steve for HOH.

• Love 4

I'm happy for a number of reasons, the least of which is if Steve wins final 3 HoH and boots Vanessa, it's not that impressive because he only has two choices. Also, he'd be choosing to go to final 2 with an 0-2 deficit, so how smart would he be, really? Oh, now I'm very happy for all the ways this screws over Steve. That's what happens when you start practicing your eviction speeches before eviction. Just bad juju all around.

• Love 4

For those of you who are frightened and disgusted by the possibility of Vanessa winning . . . well . . . shouldn't you all be angry at James over this?  She could've been as good as gone during Becky's HoH, but James fucked it up royally because he had to get Shelli out right then.  Shelli, who no longer had no allies, over Vanessa, who had minions ready to rally around her.  Vanessa gets evicted instead, no way she wins the returning juror competition.

But oh, no, James.  You just had to get Shelli out then instead of the obvious alliance ringleader.

So yeah.  I actually don't mind Vanessa still being here.  I just blame James for why she is here.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 3

I just wanted Vanessa evicted for the drama but she totally deserves to win. Of course this will only infuriate Austin all the more. I can't believe she won veto. She has nine lives. Everything still depends on the Final 3. I'm assuming both Vamesa & Steve think they should take Liz, right?

• Love 3

I just wanted Vanessa evicted for the drama but she totally deserves to win. Of course this will only infuriate Austin all the more. I can't believe she won veto. She has nine lives. Everything still depends on the Final 3. I'm assuming both Vamesa & Steve think they should take Liz, right?

I assume Steve would believe Steve/John/Vanessa is best for him personally, but he doesn't really have a say.

Vanessa of course has to know trying to secure a final two with Liz is her best option at this point to give her the best chance of getting there with the best opponent. How I bet she wishes it was even easier with Julia still here instead.

• Love 1

Donny, that's precisely why I didn't give two bluedilly fucks when James and Meg were evicted.

Goddamn it Steve, WHY didn't you put Liz up?

Fuck this, I hope JMac not only gets AFP but a role on Bold and The Beautiful, just to drive Austin nuts.

Regarding Brenchel's 'big announcement'....how much you want to bet she's with child?

• Love 4

So yeah.  I actually don't mind Vanessa still being here.  I just blame James for why she is he.

Eh, I still blame Becky for putting Shelli and not telling her to cut deals with James and Meg to stay. 

I guess I have a hard time blaming James and Meg for that when A) Shelli was still targeting him immediately and Vanessa wasn't, and B) Shelli made absolutely no effort to even get their votes until it was too late. Not only that but Shelli was openly plotting future weeks with the Austwins while acknowledging they were voting against her. That week was so stupid, I don't think it's fair putting it all on James.

• Love 5

I am very happy right now...go Vanessa! I think Liz has a great shot at the final HOH and every year I detest the randomness of the final comp.

Will Liz take Steve? I know Steve wants to be the one to evict Van but hopefully he sees her as a goat w/o the two automatic jury votes and she still wins.

• Love 2

Fuck this, I hope JMac not only gets AFP but a role on Bold and The Beautiful, just to drive Austin nuts.

Regarding Brenchel's 'big announcement'....how much you want to bet she's with child?

Ohhh JMac on B&B instead of Austin would be delicious...

I agree on your Brenchel prediction.

• Love 4

VAN wins the veto and may have just taken $25000 out of James pocket in the process.

Those of you that want to see VAN own her game to the jury ... I only see it happening if she takes JMac to F3! If she takes Liz, I see her playing the fuck out of the Loyalty, Honesty, My Word Is Good card!

• Love 2

Eh, I still blame Becky for putting Shelli and not telling her to cut deals with James and Meg to stay. 

I guess I have a hard time blaming James and Meg for that when A) Shelli was still targeting him immediately and Vanessa wasn't, and B) Shelli made absolutely no effort to even get their votes until it was too late. Not only that but Shelli was openly plotting future weeks with the Austwins while acknowledging they were voting against her. That week was so stupid, I don't think it's fair putting it all on James.

True, but once again, Shelli had shot the wad with the other Sixth Sense members due to her behavior toward them when she and Clay were on the block.  They wanted very little to do with her after that.  She had no one.  I'd still rather take my chances with someone who's after me, but is alone in doing so, than with someone who may not be immediately coming after me, but still has the allies to come after me eventually.  That I do blame James for.

• Love 1

True, but once again, Shelli had shot the wad with the other Sixth Sense members due to her behavior toward them when she and Clay were on the block.  They wanted very little to do with her after that.  She had no one.  I'd still rather take my chances with someone who's after me, but is alone in doing so, than with someone who may not be immediately coming after me, but still has the allies to come after me eventually.  That I do blame James for.

Obviously from what we knew, the play was to take out the ringleader. But looking at it from James' perspective it wasn't as clear. And you have to give Vanessa credit for her gameplay. Creating the illusion that she wasn't the head of that snake.

• Love 4