Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

This week has just been so slow, and unless Van wins HOH, next week seems likely to be just as boring. Since I've given up on Van going much further, my sole remaining wish for this season is Liz and Austin on the block together. Can someone just make this happen? Please?

• Love 7

I'm still super confused about what Vanessa did exactly to make them all turn on her. Julia knew all about the BD Austin plan. Vanessa straight up came clean about it to Liz and Austin that very week it happened. Becky didn't tell them any new information. What did Vanessa "do to herself"? Not put Austin on the block even though half the house pressured her to? Protect Steve from being targeted by Jackie that week? James and Meg, I understand the Vanessa hate. Becky, I'm still a little confused about where her Vanessa hate came from, since Becky is the one who created an alliance with her and Clelli, but okay she was never really aligned with her anyway. John, I know his hate is from Clelli revenge, even though Vanessa never fucked Clelli over ever. But I'm totally lost about this F&G turn on Vanessa, and really I have been all week.

I think the VanessaHate is a combination of groupthink in a situation where it's easier/strategically advantageous to join up with the mob against the identified target, of Vanessa's failure to build relationships rather than "deals," and of her making herself look shady by verbally throwing everyone under the bus at one time or another.

These people are very sensitive to stuff like, "In week 3, so-and-so said you were their target..." no matter how stupid or irrelevant it is in the grand scheme of things. They're terrified of having their names thrown out in any negative context, no matter what. The Austwins have latched onto the "Backdoor Austin" plan as a reason to distrust/target Vanessa even though she was the one who told Austin about the plan and gave him the opportunity to successfully attempt to talk her out of it. Really, Austin, et al should be mad at everyone else in their alliance, who didn't clue him in and were prepared to vote him out if Vanessa hadn't intervened on his behalf in a big way. However, perception is reality and everyone in the game is looking for easy excuses or "reasons" to target everyone else. Vanessa has had conversations about targeting everyone at one time or another and she hasn't run to all of her allies (or "allies") afterward to say, "I told X that I wanted you out, but it was just strategy..." every time, so there's a lot of "ammunition" against her out there. Combine that with the fact that she is a smart/strong player who is obviously putting a lot more into her game strategy than anyone else and she doesn't have any relationships which the others perceive as "unbreakable" and it makes sense that she's the biggest target.

In Becky's case, I think she has been onto Vanessa's game from early on and the house meeting where Van demanded that everyone target the remainder of Clelli, then JMac really did bother her. Then when she "called Vanessa out" during her HOH week (when Becky was feeling unduly safe and powerful) and Vanessa continued to bullshit her rather than addressing or even acknowledging Becky's feelings about housemeetinggate, that just further alienated Becky.

I just don't get why they even have to tell her? I remember the good times when both nominees felt safe and there was actual tension about who was going home.

ITA. It really annoys me when HGs are so intent on not getting any blood on their hands and generally being super timid about upsetting anyone. It's usually not good gameplay, but I like it when they're like "Fuck it. I want you out. You're going home. Fuck you." or at least pretend that they don't know what's going on.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 5

Apparently it's an endurance HOH tonight. John/James HOH for sure.

Austin and Vanessa just agreed to throw the competition. Oh, Vanessa.

Edited by mooses

Apparently it's an endurance HOH tonight. John/James HOH for sure.

Austin and Vanessa just agreed to throw the competition. Oh, Vanessa.

Vanessa has zero chance of winning endurance anyway so might as well say she's throwing it.

ETA: Also I'm not going to explicitly call rigging, but I do think it's interesting that as soon as the unpopular 6S were about to go on a power run Pagonging, BotB was dropped and the next 3 out of 5 HOHs were/are endurance (and the John/James side of the house are far better at endurance than questions).

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 4

Vanessa has zero chance of winning endurance anyway so might as well say she's throwing it.

ETA: Also I'm not going to explicitly call rigging, but I do think it's interesting that as soon as the unpopular 6S were about to go on a power run Pagonging, BotB was dropped and the next 3 out of 5 HOHs were/are endurance (and the John/James side of the house are far better at endurance than questions).

It's better than a DPOV or Pandora's Box or something so blatant, but I was just thinking that. It's unusual to have so many endurances, so I don't think it's a coincidence. 

They weren't told athletic gear yet, though. If they were, they might think about keeping Becky more seriously. Maybe that's why - BB does love the Johnny Mac.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

I can't remember this many endurances but with no BOB or Have Not competitions it gives them more leeway on the types of comps they can play. 

Is the chicken wire considered endurance? It kind of is but not really an endurance in the traditional sense.

Edited by Cutty

I can't remember this many endurances but with no BOB or Have Not competitions it gives them more leeway on the types of comps the can play. 

Is the chicken wire considered endurance? It kind of is but not really an endurance in the traditional sense.

I guess it says we'll be able to watch the competition on the live feeds, so that's why Endurance is the assumption. I think that's all people are going off of. Maybe it's something different than traditional endurance.

ETA: Oops. The Live Feeds actually says "endurance competition." Who can mope the longest? John would have it in the bag!

Edited by mooses

I'd put the chicken wire in the same category as the slip and slide one. Endurance but only in that you have to be fast, and it lasts longer than the broadcast show.

If it's the chicken wire one, I guess maybe Julia would have a good shot? Maybe John?

I just don't get why they even have to tell her? I remember the good times when both nominees felt safe and there was actual tension about who was going home.

I remember when Lex did this on Survivor:  All-Stars.  I just never got telling someone you were going to vote them out.

I think since the people evicted now will be in jury it makes more sense to break it to them that they're going. 

I guess it says we'll be able to watch the competition on the live feeds, so that's why Endurance is the assumption.

It actually outright says 'HOH endurance competition.' But, as has been mentioned, there's lots of different types of 'endurance' comps. If they don't end up wearing athletic gear then it'll be the chicken wire one, which I think any one left could win, probably even Meg! Maybe not Vanessa since she's so erratic.

I can't believe they are evicting someone who can't even walk. This cast just doesn't make any sense. 

LMAO but really though. Not to mention the fact that she has literally zero real allies. The only reason to evict Becky is because Jackie might return and they might work together. But that's a lot of 'mights' and they'd have to win stuff to make it matter anyway.

But John is so utterly useless that keeping him does make a lot of sense.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

LMAO but really though. Not to mention the fact that she has literally zero real allies. The only reason to evict Becky is because Jackie might return and they might work together. But that's a lot of 'mights' and they'd have to win stuff to make it matter anyway.

But John is so utterly useless that keeping him does make a lot of sense.

I felt kinda bad - on last night's show, Becky was like, "I want Meg to be picked because she's the only one who would save me." And Meg was like, "I want to win because I want the nominations to stay the same."

John is useless, but a production favorite. Those can take a couple tries.

• Love 3

I think Vanessa (or anyone, even Meg) could win an endurance if it was a real, old school endurance like the One That Shall Not Be Named, or the spider web from All Stars. Grodner endurances are not of the "who wants it most" variety and never have been. Man, I wish they'd bring those kinds of endurance comps back, none of this bullshit that favors height (or lack thereof) or small feet or people with upper body strength, etc. The "stand/sit there and hold something and possibly pee yourself" endurances are the ones that used to expose loyalties. That type of comp might get people thinking about the Austwins, especially if Austin/Julia really do throw it (the other benefit of those comps is that throws are usually quite blatant). But it ain't gonna happen. 

And yeah, if tonight is endurance, the juror comp likely won't be. Another crapshoot, yay.

• Love 4

Wait, so is everyone throwing this comp to John? Because that's what it sounds like. Good LORD, I can't with these people. Veto is the only thing that can save Vanessa, and if it does, then James will probably go up. Sigh. I had high hopes for these hamsters once upon a time.

The only interesting thing about a John HOH would be who he puts up against Vanessa. He's going to have to choose between James/Meg and the Austwins.

• Love 2

The only interesting thing about a John HOH would be who he puts up against Vanessa. He's going to have to choose between James/Meg and the Austwins.

He'll definitely pick Austwins. Does he even speak to James/Meg?

The only thing about a John HOH for me would be him being exposed a the useless idiot he is.

• Love 3

He'll definitely pick Austwins. Does he even speak to James/Meg?

The only thing about a John HOH for me would be him being exposed a the useless idiot he is.

Well, my only consolation is that siding with the Austwins will hurt his popularity. I know he has funny (are they really funny though?) DRs, but he's so useless I don't understand how he's so popular tbh. At least James is funny and almost single-handedly took down Clelli. Also, on a shallow note, his beard drives me almost as crazy as Austin's.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 4

I don't think Vanessa is really stupid enough to throw it, but I do think it's funny that Austin would believe that kind of blatant nonsense from her and NOT believe she has/had his back when she has shown (not told) him that for the entire summer. 

Also, CAN SOMEONE, anyone get a fucking clue about the Austwins?? Hell, maybe Julia will find it and get rid of the dirty sasquatch. One more hicky might do the trick...

• Love 4

Julia has a good chance too of an Endurance. She did rock the comp that Becky won. So I wouldn't count her out. I also doubt that Vanessa is throwing this. She's full it it, she thought Liz was going to Backdoor her. They avoided her most of the week. She knows something is up.

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 2

Julia has a good chance too of an Endurance. She did rock the comp that Becky won. So I wouldn't count her out. I also doubt that Vanessa is throwing this. She's full it it, she thought Liz was going to Backdoor her. They avoided her most of the week. She knows something is up.

I don't think Julia or Austin actually want to win because then they would expose themselves. They have deals with literally everyone in the house except for the one who will be airlifted out tonight. STUPID PEOPLE....

• Love 2

Yeah Liz and Austin have been hammering Julia all week about throwing the HOH.

She's said she really wants to win it, though, so I don't know if she'll listen to them.

They tell her to throw it, then say she needs to pull her weight and win something. Cause Austin is such a competition beast. Those two. I can't. The power got to them fast.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2

If it is the egg comp doesnt that favor those with nimble fingers like the gals and jmac since he handles dental instruments.

even though we know what Austin can do with a finger, not quite the same

#fingergate

Edited by njbarmaid
  • Love 4

I've been out of the loop as to what's been going on. I only have BBAD, so between nothing but games going on there & internet issues and not being able to keep up on here, I'm wondering what happened to Becky's toe??? 

Grodner endurances are not of the "who wants it most" variety and never have been.

Yes, like holding on to the Key in S2, Monica sat in her own pee y'all. Heh. I definitely wish they'd use a mental endurance in with the physical ones. 

She's just way too easy a target to get rid of. No one, literally no one, in the house would get flak from anyone else for putting her up.

This is true, but I'm still stumped as to why the Austwins would want her out this early, and they're opting to go long with newly made hardly firmed up alliances, and willing to risk that Vanessa will blow their "F5 deals with everyone in the house" and even IF she doesn't guess what happens if V DOES win the Veto than their deals with Johnny Mac/Steve go boom or their deal with Meg/James go boom, and quite likely the both go boom, because six of those seven assholes who THINK they have deals with each other and they'll be the only one who can go on the block in her place. 

So my  understanding is that Steve, Julia, Austin, and Vanessa are throwing, my guess is Johnny Mac is as well, so the only ones really playing for HoH are James/Meg with Meg unlikely to win, which sucks because I think Meg HoH could be the best thing for Vanessa going after Liztin. BUT again I would not be surprised if Julia actually plays for it to save HER meat shield Vanessa, by refusing to nom her. SUCK it LIZTIN DIE.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 2

So my understanding is that Steve, Julia, Austin, and Vanessa are throwing, my guess is Johnny Mac is as well, so the only ones really playing for HoH are James/Meg with Meg unlikely to win, which sucks because I think Meg HoH could be the best thing for Vanessa going after Liztin. BUT again I would not be surprised if Julia actually plays for it to save HER meat shield Vanessa, by refusing to nom her. SUCK it LIZTIN DIE.

John isn't throwing it. He wants to get Vanessa out himself.

• Love 1

Good luck with that Johnny Mac, worked great for Becky!

I'm sorry but I seriously hate his hapless, loud talking ass and have from the very beginning, people have the nerve to single out Steve in the awkward game?  GTFO.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 4

with Liz gone would be fun to see Julia and Austin turn on each other

Which is why Liz has to go. Either of the other two leaves a power couple in place.

But the HGs are idiots who will probably vote out Meg for being useless.

• Love 1

Not really her fault James's obsession with Shelli overrode all common sense during her HoH week.

Common sense would have been putting up two of the Austwins, but I digress. (FWIW, James actually did use common sense IMO, since keeping Shelli would have been worse for his game and better for Becky's)

• Love 10

As the times get longer I think people will get clumsy and fall off the buttons. So I think it favors James and Johnny Mac, I'm not sure it goes Austin with his back issues. And a girl might be last person standing in that case.

• Love 2

Only because of which women are currently competing. Becky, Jackie, or Shelli would have smoked the guys in this one.

I don't think so. They were athletic, but I don't know about being faster than the guys. It is focus and kneeling forward, but I don't think that evens the advantage.

A race definitely favors dudes, I will straight up call rigging, but that's fine that is the damn game. It's just less interesting when you know what is going to happen, and something like this leaves little doubt unless the twins or Van are secret track stars. 

Could someone briefly describe the comp?  I forgot to set my dvr for the episode. 

each person has to "set" on 3 buttons (two hands, one foot on a starting block) in their own racing lane (25 feet or so?), then watch the screens to say ready and then on the word go race and not be last to hit the buzzer at the end of the lane.  But they will also show words that rhyme with go and if you make a false start you are out.  the hg could wait 5 min or 30 min before the word "go" is up on the screen

they keep going and last one on each heat eliminated until just one wins

Edited by njbarmaid
  • Love 3

I'm not buying the "women would never have a chance in this" theory. It's not Clay, it's Austin (who finished almost last in the last HOH comp apparently designed for men), Steve, John and James. Not exactly athletic powerhouses. Along with Becky, Shelli and Jackie, I think Liz could smoke them.

• Love 2