Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

It's so funny when everyone talks about "jury" as an extension of their vacation & stipen. No one talks about actually winning. Between Clay & Shelly and Austin & Liz, it's to continue the honeymoon. It's sort of funny to me. Like now, Shelli basically begging James to just let them get to jury so they can be together. It's so very 10th grade. LOL!!!

• Love 7

It must be weird trying to guess the perceptions of the audience when you're in the house. I think Becky sides with Clelli because she thinks they are America's sweethearts and she wants to be on their side. Last year people (Nicole especially) assumed Frankie was loved by viewers.

It is frustrating to me when people I think I could theoretically like (Becky, John) go against the people I want them to join with, but in the house your perceptions have got to be seriously skewed.

• Love 3

Johnny Mac & Becky are playing both sides. Johnny Mac is the fun loaf& Becky is the rat. The two of them are working well together but I think Becky is really over play her hand. Johnny Mac is hysterical in the DR but I don't see his game on the live feeds or the actual show. I'm curious to see how far he goes once Shelli or Clay leave.

• Love 3

The DR needs to save James from this pointless conversation. 

Clay and Shelli are liars who act like they're innocent "good" people who instead of playing all sides of the house, were just great friendly people who got along with everyone. Seriously? They were trying to play all sides, and they found out you were not loyal. 

• Love 2

Johnny Mac & Becky are playing both sides. Johnny Mac is the fun loaf& Becky is the rat. The two of them are working well together but I think Becky is really over play her hand. Johnny Mac is hysterical in the DR but I don't see his game on the live feeds or the actual show. I'm curious to see how far he goes once Shelli or Clay leave.

JMac pretty clueless. He's Dollar Store Judd.

• Love 7

Shelli: "I mean, come on, who would you rather be hanging out with in Jury?!" (nervous laughter) "Instead of..." I guess she means Steve.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 4

Save James!!! Where the hell is the DR? They call Vanessa every 5 seconds. This begging is embarrassing. LOL!!!

Edit to add: Who is y'all anyway?

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1

Clay and Shelli have laid all the blame on Vanessa for everything that's happened to them.

This is a conversation (between Clay, Meg, Shelli, and James) that was preceded by James telling Jackie that Vanessa is a big target.

Even though Clay and Shelli are trying to say the same thing I find it must less irritating to hear Shelli saying it than Clay.  His manner and tone have always bothered me in a way I can't articulate.   I'm also very tired of seeing him in the 'lounging' position.

I don't know if James will use his veto, but if he does - I have a feeling Vanessa will be the re-nomination.  James has said he'd want a big target gone.

I don't want Vanessa to go on the block.  And especially as a result of the spin Clay and Shelli are putting on the truth.

Also, Meg said she feels that the way Big Brother is supposed to be played is where the whole house agrees on something.  The last couple years have been an aberration - not the norm, right?  

Anyway - this Clay spin is irritating me and I had to share.  Thanks! :)

• Love 1

Even though Clay and Shelli are trying to say the same thing I find it must less irritating to hear Shelli saying it than Clay.

I don't know.  Shelli asking , "don't y'all want to spend time with us in the jury house more than....other people?"  was a real low point.  She is just as entitled.

I kinda  feel like this whole conversation should have something like Joni Mitchell's The Circle Game playing in the background.   Round and round we go.

Edit to add: Who is y'all anyway?

All y'all, of course.  ;)

Edited by vb68
  • Love 10

Also, Meg said she feels that the way Big Brother is supposed to be played is where the whole house agrees on something.  The last couple years have been an aberration - not the norm, right?

This is why I don't understand anyone cheering for Meg...are you here to play or have campfires and sing songs.

Clay and Shelli have laid all the blame on Vanessa for everything that's happened to them.

The thing is, this is not new information to James/Meg that Vanessa hasn't been with them.

Shelli/Clay trying to spin this like they are innocents who got caught up in this awful web not of their doing and now they will forgive James/Meg for not seeing that, and foolishly blaming C/S, and C/S will graciously agree to forgive and forget J/M's transgression and work together going forward. 

They aren't offering up anything real.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1

"Y'all" is Shelli and Clay's ham-fisted attempt to get James to relate to them more, I guess. I don't think they would have used the same term to Jason if he was in James' position.

• Love 1

Shelli and Clay to James and Meg: "We're alone, y'all. Y'all, we've really been alone this game. We play the middle. But we want to work with y'all."

On the other side of the feed, Vanessa to Jackie: "It's never been any secret that I've been close to Shelli and Clay."

But they're alone, y'all. So alone.

• Love 7

I don't know.  Shelli asking , "don't y'all want to spend time with us in the jury house more than....other people?"  was a real low point.  She is just as entitled.

I wish Jackie was in that room, she would have responded with Jason. They guy you betrayed, blindsided and voted out last week.

• Love 2

Holy shit, I think James may have been walking C/S to name Vanessa as the potential renomination, and Shelli names Steve, Clay backs it up.  Totally misread of the room there.  I think they are done.  Any chance they may have had is finished.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 3

Jesus Christ, I cannot hear "blood on your hands" one more time unless I get to take a shot of whiskey along with it.

This is seriously the worst pitch ever. I think it's absolutely hilarious that Clay responded to James saying he needed information in order to change anything with "well I know you don't want anymore blood on your hands so..." And continued the same argument he's been making for an hour!

GTFO Clelli.

• Love 6

James has given Clay and Shelli the roadmap.  Give him the name.

They want him to start with a fresh slate - but they won't give him the name. 

Grrrr....

I wish Vanessa were in the room and they really hashed this out.

I think she'd win.

Edited by Vicky
  • Love 1

Holy crow, Clay keeps going back to "James, you have to show us your loyalty, just as we are here tonight.".  Good lord.  I think, 'at the end of the day', 'it is what it is' and James wants information from these folks and from other folks, and regardless, he's keeping the noms the same.  I think he's drilling for information useful going forward and no one is giving it to him. 

Quickly turning into a James fan, but need the followup alone after C/S leave.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 6

For what it is worth, I don't think this is going to change James's mind, but full credit to C/S for going all out to save both of themselves.

I give them no credit.  They're stumbling over themselves (and Clay keeps right on mumbling), repeating themselves, and just talking over one another in such a way that James and Meg can tell they're full of shit.  Just like they've been for weeks now.

• Love 8

They're stumbling over themselves (and Clay keeps right on mumbling), repeating themselves, and just talking over one another in such a way that James and Meg can tell they're full of shit.

Y'all, for the record, I gave them credit almost an hour ago....lots has changed since then, y'all, I hope that y'all can understand how I made a mistake, but now I understand it.  I hope y'all can take this opportunity to prove your loyalty to me despite my mistake in judgement back then. We'd be good going forward.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 15

Quickly turning into a James fan, but need the followup alone after C/S leave.

Agree...if he sticks with the nominations I'll have a lot of respect for James.  Not necessarily because it's right or wrong, but because he's made it clear what he values in the game - G A M E moves.  He doesn't value all this personal stuff that Clay and Shelli keep trying to push on him.

I wish James would say..."Why don't you send Vanessa up on your way out."

• Love 4

The way James was talking about Vanessa right before Clelli showed up made me think he was wanting them to throw her under the bus the way he kept asking for names. They might've had a chance if they snitched. I could be wrong though.

• Love 2

James basically told Clelli that at this point he would need a compelling reason to use the veto. So they are desperately trying to make Steve appear threatening. Talking about how he's bound to start winning comps soon and that he is so similar to Ian and that they might even be related. If they threw Vanessa hardcore under the bus or if they revealed Becky's rat status they might possibly have some chance. But their plan sucks and their current attempts are laughable.

Edited by bobthefrog
  • Love 9

The more Clay keeps saying James won't get blood on his hands if he saves them, the more I want James to respond right to his face, "I'll use YOUR blood as war paint!!"

Edited by vb68
  • Love 7

Clay and Shelli are still trying to play the middle of the house when they are freaking screwed!  There's no reason not to blow it all to bits, as James said.  Unless they (or one of them) is thinking through to when the other is out of the house and is trying to build new bridges while simultaneously trying to put out the fire on old bridges,  In other words, trying to figure out how to play the middle of the house as a single, not a couple.

• Love 5

Shelli is in full meltdown mode right now. She's crying, saying she doesn't understand why she's going home for something she didn't do (re Jason). She says it's not fair, she doesn't understand why this us happening, that she's so loyal, that she can't throw people under the bus because ahe's not that kind of person. It's all quite ridiculous.

• Love 1

Johnny Mac: I have to take Jackie out.

Shelli: Why?

John: Because she knows about the deal.

Shelli: What deal?

John: The alliance.

LOL. Secret mastermind, y'all.

• Love 2

Hee! Shelli/Clay just bitched to John about how Vanessa just wants to be loyal to everyone!  Hmmm, why does that sound familiar?

Honestly, I think these three, maybe just Vanessa/Shelli know how to shade the logic.  Vanessa sees person specific promises above alliances.  She's justified in her mind that last week she kept her specific promise to Jackie and and that she kept her specific promise Beckie, so that she changed the group target against folks outside her real alliance shouldn't count against her. Shelli/Clay can say that they didn't want Jason out (they were pushing Jackie/Beckie) so they themselves didn't lie even though they wanted Austin off the block. So they can hang on to that truth although they alienated those that thought they were in their alliance.

And the funny thing is, they really haven't thrown each other under the bus these last couple of days, until now,  it's just that they can't plot together. 

I also have really begun to appreciate James's game so full speed ahead to him as well.

ETA:  I can't keep up, Shelli just blasted Julia (the twin not in the house last week).  Clay has been bleeding information to John.  The house is just blowing up now.  James/Meg/Jackie may be the most solid alliance!

Edited by pennben
  • Love 6

Shelli singlehandedly tanking her game right now, going nasty sorority chick on Julia in the bathroom. Julia runs back up to the group in the HOH and tells them Shelli "is such a bitch" and that she "attacked me."

Shelli was ready to storm the HOH before she got called to the DR.

• Love 1

Wow...upstairs, Vanessa is being blamed by James and Meg as the person who told Clay and Shelli they were going up, and downstairs Vanessa is being blamed by Johnny Mac for NOT telling Clay and Shelli they're being put up.

Where is Vanessa? She's not even in the mix tonight.

Oh my god, Shelli wants to have a meeting of the Sixth Sense.  I can't even. Shelli's toast.  I think Vanessa's toast soon.  Austin/Clay are going to slide through.  Sigh.

Village Idiot JMac is outside feeling bad for Clelli while Shelli is inside throwing him UTB to Austin.

Meanwhile Meg is telling Clay that Austin and the twins were fine with noms staying the same.

These people don't shut up.

Edited by Cutty

JMac seemed sincere and shook Clay's hand, and then started crying.

Yeah, but JMac was shitfaced drunk at the time.  Wonder if he remembers it...?

It should be an unofficial rule: if someone asks to be voted out for someone else, then deny them. Always.

Hasn't that already been the de facto rule for years now?

Jesus Christ, I cannot hear "blood on your hands" one more time unless I get to take a shot of whiskey along with it.

Tried that once.  Ran out of whiskey AND tequila.  God, the hangover the next day....  :x

I give them no credit.  They're stumbling over themselves (and Clay keeps right on mumbling), repeating themselves, and just talking over one another in such a way that James and Meg can tell they're full of shit.  Just like they've been for weeks now.

What's getting me is, ClamShell keeps trying to negotiate - as if they still retain some position of power. 

Telling the person who currently holds HoH and PoV he has to demonstrate his loyalty to you - the two on the block!?!?

Ahhhh, not this week, kiddies.

• Love 9

Oh my god....so many hours later, Clay after trying to emotionally manipulate Meg for around an hour.....still falls back that STEVE is the best one for James to get out.  Are you freaking kidding me?!

• Love 1

They'll never go this route (as honestly, it WOULD be kind of nuts), but an interesting approach would be "Okay, yes, there is an alliance of six. But if you take Shelli off and put Vanessa up (or Clay off and Vanessa up) then that will shatter that alliance, whether Shelli is voted out or Vanessa is voted out. We will then play with you, but even if we go against you, you will be better off because you will have shattered the six-person alliance by pitting Shelli against Vanessa. If you keep the nominations the same, that alliance will be solid still, since Clay and I will not go against each other."

What's crazy is that there's not even a way to really combat that logic. If you tell him that, how could the other four possibly convince him otherwise?

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 1

Welp, I was holding out hope that Shelli would spill everything but I'm throwing in the towel.

In related news Meg might be the worst BB player I've ever seen.

I think there are just a subset of HGs that are just horrible. Meg isn't worse than them, she's sort of in a 20-way tie with them. :) 

Like Ashley from Season 14. Meg is like her. Neither is worse than the other, they're just both wastes of space (game-wise, that is).

I find it amazing that Clay and Shelli just will not throw their alliance under the bus. I can't understand their logic here. I don't mind trying to pitch Steve (even if it was a dumb idea), but when it plainly DID NOT WORK, then you try another tactic. When the alternate is NOTHING CHANGES AND ONE OF YOU GO HOME, how do you not even attempt to try something different? It's depressingly bad. I don't care if either of them go home, but to not even give it the ol' college try is surprising. 

• Love 1

In related news Meg might be the worst BB player I've ever seen.

Oh, I don't think Meg is a good player, but I'm quite frankly tired of S/C trying to roll over her, guilt her, threaten her, etc.  I don't appreciate the bully technique on someone they think they can bully. I'm a couple of minutes behind still, but if she stands up to them as she has been, well, I'll be a Meg the person fan going forward.  As for gameplay "at the end of the day" (hee!) tbd. 

ETA:  Fuck the ending, I'm a Meg fan now (not necessarily as a gameplayer).  They are trying to hurt her and bully her and she's trying to stay true to herself and her personal word and game word.  They are trying to play emotions and are dangling a friendshp and showing the stick, she's standing firm.  Good for her.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 6