Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation WITHOUT Spoilers: Lalalalala! I can't hear you!

• Start Topic

My crack theory of the day: the Blue Fairy was concocting various means to banish dark magic into LWM. She either created or oversaw development of the Dark Curse, originally meant to send it all in one go. She was in cahoots with Merlin and he made the Hat. The giants used pixie dust to enchant their beans for her to use as portals, but began a market with the humans. Blue knew about the curse, Merlin, and the beans. Coincidence?... Meh, she's probably just an all-knowing magical idiot.

• Love 2

Random speculation for how the show explains Robert Carlyle's Trainspotting II Begbie haircut:

• They don't. Rumpel just loses his luscious locks and no one notices.
  • The show continues its fine tradition of terrible wigs (I'm looking at you, Snow's rat's nest) and Rumpel's hair looks awful for as long as it takes to grow it back.
  • Rumpel decides he wants to be the new Hades and ends up burning it all off.
  • Some new, random, exposition-y, plot moving character gives Rumpel a spell to join Belle in the box and/or rescue her from the curse but it requires the sacrifice of his hair. Rumpel looks sad & conflicted and has to think about it for a while before ultimately deciding to choose Belle over his hair. Belle finds this sacrifice incredibly romantic.
  • The place Rumpel went in the finale is Tarzan's Jungle/Lion King world and Rumpel transforms into a lion upon arrival. The evil hunter from Tarzan, Clayton, joins with Scar to capture Rumpel and cut off his mane because Lion!Rumpel is now a ripoff of Samson's story and his mane contains all of the Dark One's power. Expect to see Simba and Nala in Storybrooke as they arrive to try to stop Clayton & Scar's nefarious scheme to take over the town because no one is interested in ruling the world, just Storybrooke.

Any other guesses out there?

• Love 2

All very plausible guess, @KAOS Agent. Other options:

• The safety of baby Damien requires the father to sacrifice his hair. 
  • His hair is used in a potion/spell ingredient for him to wake Belle.
  • Henry pranked Gold.
  • Belle gave Rumple an ultimatum--either the locks goes, or I go. But the twist is that Gold didn't really cut his hair. He put a spell on it to make it appear so. ;-)

I wonder if they're gonna go political with Storybrooke become a safe space for refugees, or if they'll chicken out.

Snow: "We can't let them stay... what if they're villains."
Regina: "Last time you said that, it was because you had a hidden agenda."
Snow: "Yeah, but they were working for Gold. Then there was Zelena, Arthur, Nimue, Lily, Hades... now Hyde..."
Regina: "And we were able to handle them."
Snow: "At the expense of Robin. Shouldn't we at least background check them or something?
Regina: "Uh... you're just overreacting. If I can destroy the Evil Queen, I can handle anyone."
Evil Queen: "Did someone mention my name?"
Regina: "Crap."
Snow: "I'm assuming she doesn't have a green card."
Regina: "At least we won't have to run the DNA test to see who she's related to this time..."

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

From the Spoilers thread, talking about TVLine predicting one of the regulars will leave in S6.

It would make sense for Emilie to be the one who is leaving.

Of all the characters that would be the most realistic to leave, Belle is one I wouldn't mind. The writers obviously aren't going to agree that her relationship with Rumple is twisted or that she's actually dark inside. (I don't see her chasing Ingrid around in a haunted summer camp with an axe any time soon.) She definitely has plenty of potential as a character, but it's wasted all the time. Her purpose is to provide angst for Rumple and give him something to do. She has no other place on the show. We've seen her interact with other people before, but it's always been brief and has never cultivated any long-term relationship arcs. If the writers wanted Rumple to totally flip out in the final season, killing Belle is one possible avenue. I wouldn't mind if she moved away or something instead, though. (Or just stayed in a sleeping curse until the series finale...)

The characters I wouldn't mind dying: Henry, Rumple, Belle, and David.

2 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

The characters I wouldn't mind dying: Henry, Rumple, Belle, and David.

Ha. I don't know why, but I love how Henry is the only one bolded here. It's just passive-aggressive enough to get the point across.

I could see Belle leaving Storybrooke for a while, but ultimately coming back in the final season when Rumple goes full-on villain and Emma has to reach out to Belle to stop him as a last-ditch effort.

I could see Belle leaving Storybrooke for a while, but ultimately coming back in the final season when Rumple goes full-on villain and Emma has to reach out to Belle to stop him as a last-ditch effort.

I wouldn't mind if Belle had to leave for a while. She was going to in 5A, then came back immediately. 

Spoiler

With this sleeping curse, we know she's coming back in the premiere and waking up later a few episodes later...

Ha. I don't know why, but I love how Henry is the only one bolded here. It's just passive-aggressive enough to get the point across.

Oh, you caught that? ;)

I could see Belle dying this season after she has the baby, leaving Rumple a single father again. To her dying breath, she'll be claiming there's still good in him (like Padme). And just like Darth Vader, Rumple will finally be "saved" through his son. 

If the EQ ends up causing Belle's death, I can't see Rumple ever forgiving Regina. He won't care that her "Evil Queen" counterpart did it or whatever.

If the EQ ends up causing Belle's death, I can't see Rumple ever forgiving Regina. He won't care that her "Evil Queen" counterpart did it or whatever.

Which would be terribly ironic considering he told Regina she needed to let EQ out.

Edited by KingOfHearts
44 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

The characters I wouldn't mind dying: ... David.

Why David, though? A couple of OUAT podcasters were almost hoping James would be swapped with David in the UW, Are there people who actually dislike him, or is it more of a boredom? 

They have reduced his relevance a lot, but I love the few scenes he gets with Emma and Killian. Besides, if he dies, Snow will be entirely paired up with Regina in scenes. So, no. 

• Love 2

I love David too, Rumsy4 (you probably already knew this)! I watch this show for David, Emma, and Hook (and the occasional Real Snow White cameo). That said, I was awful worried about him when the 3B death was announced. I feel like the writers would only get rid of him or Snow if it was something one of their actors requested. They risk upsetting either JD or GG if they do otherwise. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

Why David, though? A couple of OUAT podcasters were almost hoping James would be swapped with David in the UW, Are there people who actually dislike him, or is it more of a boredom? 

I don't have a problem with the character, per se. He has just gotten boring and irrelevant. He contributes very little to the plot and whenever he gets a storyline, it's away from everyone else. (Much like with Rumpbelle.) His stories are almost always about finding his inner courage. (Rapunzel, Anna, Arthur) The writers have shown a significant lack of interest in writing anything outside of that for him. In the eggnapping of 4B, he was just a prop for Snow. In 5B with James, it lead up to a bunch of nothing. At this point he just sort of exists. It almost seems like a chore for the writers to throw him something to do.

I don't despise David. He's lowest on my list for a reason. I just wouldn't stop watching if he were gone.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

As much as I like David, I have to agree that most of his plots now are fairly pointless. If the writers just ignored his centrics and allowed him to interact more with Emma and the main plot going on in Storybrooke, that would be perfect. 

• Love 2

It sort of feels like a self-fulfilling prophesy.  They write pointless stuff for a character, then people no longer care about them, and start not to care if they left the show.  I'm not happy at all with how they're writing Charming, but I actually enjoy the little moments that he is in.  At this point on the show, 30 seconds with Granny can be more rewarding than half an hour of sobby Zelena, mopey Regina or pathetic Rumple, so I'm pretty much watching for the little moments.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Camera One said:

It sort of feels like a self-fulfilling prophesy.  They write pointless stuff for a character, then people no longer care about them, and start not to care if they left the show.  I'm not happy at all with how they're writing Charming, but I actually enjoy the little moments that he is in.  At this point on the show, 30 seconds with Granny can be more rewarding than half an hour of sobby Zelena, mopey Regina or pathetic Rumple, so I'm pretty much watching for the little moments.

It's those moments that keeps me watching the Show despite my overall dissatisfaction with the writing, @Camera One. The writers can definitely work their magic into little scenes that remind me of why I watch the Show. Or maybe our bar is set so low that we're just dazzled with amazement when there is a great scene. ;-)

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 3

It sort of feels like a self-fulfilling prophesy.  They write pointless stuff for a character, then people no longer care about them, and start not to care if they left the show.

It's what happened to Neal and Robin. The writers stopped giving them the attention they needed, so people stopped caring about them. Then they died because they had nothing to contribute any more. It's as if the writers setup deaths by making characters boringly unpopular.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

It's as if the writers setup deaths by making characters boringly unpopular.

I think that's quite true--intended or not. Maybe it's just that once the writers decide to kill off a character, they don't want to spend time on them anymore. So, they're relegated to off-screenville long before they actually exit the Show. So, to provide emotional resonance and have the death be impactful, the rely on gimmicks like the sainthood of Bagel, or killing Robin the same episode as bringing Hook back. It's not earned. It ends up pissing off the fans of the characters, while the rest don't care.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

I think that's quite true--intended or not. Maybe it's just that once the writers decide to kill off a character, they don't want to spend time on them anymore. So, they're relegated to off-screenville long before they actually exit the Show. So, to provide emotional resonance and have the death be impactful, the rely on gimmicks like the sainthood of Bagel, or killing Robin the same episode as bringing Hook back. It's not earned. It ends up pissing off the fans of the characters, while the rest don't care.

Graham and Cora probably had the best deaths on the show. They both got a meaningful Lost-style centric, and their exits serviced the needs of the plot. They didn't die because the writers were just bored of them. (Of course I'm leaving out what happened afterwards, but you catch my drift.)

Looking at characters like Belle or Zelena, I don't think their deaths would be given good treatment. Killing Belle sounds like just an excuse to push Rumple off the edge for the final arc and killing Zelena would just off an expendable character. (And give us another brilliant example of Regina's "unluck".) 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

A&E love Zelena. They brought her back and killed off Marian and Robin instead. At the very least, the decision to kill Robin and keep Zelena seems intertwined. So, I don't think Zelena will die this season. Of all the cast, Belle is the most expendable, and she is not a writers' favorite. If a regular dies this season, my money is on Belle. 

• Love 1

I definitely think Belle or Zelena dying would be most likely. The potential for the Rumbelle relationship pretty much ended with 5A's last episode and now it just seems pointless. Better to kill off Belle, and allow Rumpel to become the official, no-holds-barred Big Bad for the 7th and possibly final season (if the 6th isn't the last) than force them to circle the drain. Especially if the Evil Queen is responsible for Belle's death, Rumpel wouldn't just stop at killing TEQ, he'd want to kill Regina, too, I'd imagine. As for Zelena, I could imagine her dying at the end of the season (with some kind of ethereal vision of her joining Hades in the afterlife), and her death affecting Regina in some way or another. Especially if Hyde is planned to be Regina's love interest, by the end of the season they will have dealt with his storyline complications that keep them apart and the two characters would be coming together romantically. Zelena's death could cement the relationship if she can turn to Hyde while she's grieving.

Rumpel would only die if the actor decided to leave the show. I think Charming dying would be odd, but it would kind of fit considering the Evil Queen hates Snow because of Daniel's death. Wouldn't she want to kill Snow's love to make her feel the same? The thing is, where do you take Snow if Charming were to die? I doubt they'd have her angry at Regina for long and there would be no real way to give her a HEA in the series finale (outside of being with her family).

Also, since Snow and David share a heart, what would happen if you killed only one of them?  Would the other survive with only half a heart, or since it's their magical heart, not their physical heart, does it just regenerate if it's separated long enough and the other would be fine?

16 minutes ago, Mari said:

Also, since Snow and David share a heart, what would happen if you killed only one of them?  Would the other survive with only half a heart, or since it's their magical heart, not their physical heart, does it just regenerate if it's separated long enough and the other would be fine?

A&E did their little Facebook chat thing yesterday, and I don't think it's a spoiler to say they mentioned that Snow and Charming have to be careful going forward because Regina taking one of their hearts could affect both of them.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2

Based on the promos, I can totally envision the season premiere.

PRESENT-DAY

FLASHBACK

ALADDIN: What do you want, Jafar
JAFAR: What I have always wanted.  What's in The Box.

PRESENT-DAY

SNOW: It's so nice to be home.  What a great montage of me teaching for 20 seconds again.
THE EVIL QUEEN: Think again!  But don't worry, I'm not going to kill you yet since we really need to drag this out.

EMMA: Mom!  What happened?!  
SNOW: The Evil Queen.  She was here!
REGINA: Dr. Jekyll, what should we do.
JEKYLL: It was as I had feared.  There's only one thing that can stop The Evil Within.  We called it The Box.
CHARMING: Where can we find it?
JEKYLL: Agrabah.

FLASHBACK

ABU: What should I do with this Box, Aladdin.
ALADDIN: Hide it where no one can find it.  
JAFAR: Think again!  (kills ABU)
ALADDIN: The hate for innocent animals continues, I see.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5

A&E's teaser questions from the Recap Special (don't read if you're planning to watch) that they will "answer" in Season 6 were all pretty lame, and all of them feel done-before ad nauseum.

ONCERS WANT TO KNOW!

Question: So... what IS a happy ending?  
(Probable Answer: For heroes, never being happy.  For villains, getting lots of screentime)

Question: Will being a Savior be taking a toll on Emma?
(Probable Answer: Does it matter?  She has her BFF Regina and Bae Hook to lean on because we can't do anything alone.  Oh no, WALL ALERT WALL ALERT WALL ALERT WALL ALERT)

Question: Does Hook know people from the Land of Untold Stories from his pirate days that we have apparently forgotten?
(Probable Answer: Yes, and he will feel guilty and unworthy of Emma, but his current actions will redeem his old ones.  Trust us, you've never seen this before if you have amnesia).

Question: What does being Snow White mean?  
(Probable Answer: Nothing, except once in a while declaring that they need to defeat _______ NOW!  Thanks for your services; you can stand in the background until your centric in Season 7)

Question: What is the personal battle that Charming will have to face from his past?
(Probable Answer: Something that can be wrapped up in one episode and/or will be meaningless in the long-run all the while making him look like a pathetic weak idiot)

Question: Can Rumple be a villain and a good father?
(Probable Answer: Cackle, sadface, talk to the box, cackle, sadface, talk to the box, cackle, sadface, talk to the box, cackle, sadface, etc.)

Question: Is Zelena a hero or a villain?
(Probable Answer: Cackle, sob, LIFE IS SO UNFAIR, cackle, sob, LIFE IS SO UNFAIR, cackle, sob, LIFE IS SO UNFAIR, cackle, sob, etc.)

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2

I don't consider this to be a spoiler, so I'll post it here.  

I'm sure many of us were worried about this question as well, so...

---------------------

evilduckling ‏@evilduckling99  22h22 hours ago

@AdamHorowitzLA @JmosDocGal so are we going to see any emma and regina solo scenes. they are the 2 leads of the show. its weird if they dont

Adam HorowitzVerified account‏@AdamHorowitzLA

@evilduckling99 @JmosDocGal they have many scenes this season

-------------

I don't know... is it not weird that Snow and Emma hardly get any solo scenes?  Last time I checked, they were 2 of the leads too?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4

ETA: Don't read if you haven't watched the season premiere yet.

Theories on who stabbed Emma in her vision?

1. Rumple, based on the dusky red color of the poof. 

2. Jafar

3. Regina/EQ

4. It's symbolic, and it's Emma's evil half. Or something like that.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

I think the whole vision might be false and the Oracle is Jafar in disguise or working for Jafar or Hyde. 

I am trying to find screen caps of Jafar's magic from OUaT in Wonderland. I think Anastasia's (can she please return?) magic was red on that show though. 

Did Rumple give Hyde information about Emma when he "gave" him the town? It seems like Hyde is doing more than just using information he gained from a previous savior. 

• Love 1

Are we talking about actual complications with the birth?

Kitsis: There is the classic case of Rumple, who has wronged everybody. Rumple is going to do what he needs to do for the baby. Don't forget, he's somebody who takes babies — he doesn't have them taken from him. I would say that is his motto.

Rumple's motto is "I take babies"? Sure. Anyway, evidently he will be taking this baby. That will definitely help him patch things up with Belle.

17 minutes ago, InsertWordHere said:

Did Rumple give Hyde information about Emma when he "gave" him the town? It seems like Hyde is doing more than just using information he gained from a previous savior. 

It's quite possible. Rumple would be happy if someone else eliminated the Emma problem. He's somehow a little afraid of her.

13 minutes ago, retrograde said:

Anyway, evidently he will be taking this baby. That will definitely help him patch things up with Belle.

LMAO. 

But seriously, if Rumple can screw-over Belle if it means he can gain custody of the baby--he will. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, InsertWordHere said:

So I haven't verified this yet and I'm just going by a gif I saw on tumblr, but apparently the creepy vision lady said "I was once called an oracle." It's totally Jafar. 

Ooh. I definitely need to rewatch the epsidoe with subtitles on. 

In other news, the stunt casting spoiler was definitely not ONCE.

Edited by Rumsy4

The Oracle still has what looks like a fresh cut on her face from when Jafar threw her into a wall "many years ago." She's either been split, heart controlled, some sort of zombie, or it's Jafar in disguise. He once Cora!d Alice on OUaTiW by pretending to be her father.

The vision, however, could still be real, and the red smoke points towards Rumple for me, but I don't think he's the one fighting her. I think he was watching on the sidelines and magic-ed her sword away at the opportune time, in true Rumple fashion. Regina and Jafar both also fired red blasts in this episode, but it wasn't smoke, and Regina's smoke has always been purple. Morpheus (or baby Rumbelle) also has purple smoke, but I think that's just because they're running out of colors. Another possibility for the person fighting Emma could be the heart-controlled Dragon (if EQ left him alive), but I personally think it's 

Spoiler

Aladdin, who is either being controlled or has been lied to or he's been split.

Or I'm reading way too much into the special effects. Whatever. I just want Anastasia to show up now that Jafar's here. Wasn't Alice considered the Savior of Wonderland? She never got the shakes. 

Edited by InsertWordHere
2 hours ago, Joanh23 said:

ok so I'm guessing that Emma is fighting herself in the fight scene. 

So does that mean the Rapunzel story line was actually relevant!  I'd buy that it could be some manifestation of Emma.

3 hours ago, Joanh23 said:

ok so I'm guessing that Emma is fighting herself in the fight scene. 

I could buy this theory if that's the Hyde version of Emma, and the Jekyll version is somewhere off screen. It would explain why none of her family was rushing to help her.

Since the season/arc began with a True Love's kiss between a parent and child, I'm going to predict it will end the same way. With a TLK between Rumple and the baby after it's born. The opportunity for a Rumbelle TLK is done, IMO. Calling it--that's how the Dark Curse is going to finally end. Rumple became a DO with the excuse of protecting his son. He will finally let go of it to save his second child. And Belle got a TLK from her son. So, there's someone who loves her truly too. Depending on which season is the last, this could happen at that point.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Curio said:

I could buy this theory if that's the Hyde version of Emma, and the Jekyll version is somewhere off screen. It would explain why none of her family was rushing to help her.

Though that gets interesting, given that Emma got a Darkectomy while she was a fetus. Does she have enough left to form a separate person who has any strength at all? Then again, the Emma we see is losing the fight, so maybe she is weaker and the good, hooded Emma can easily beat her.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

Then again, the Emma we see is losing the fight, so maybe she is weaker and the good, hooded Emma can easily beat her.

Was it just me or did it look like Emma's shaky hand was actually turning toward herself, almost like she was about to zap her own face with a bolt of magic? It was just awkward enough for me to catch it. So maybe that is dark Emma getting stabbed.

This is speculating, but something that I know will never happen, so I guess it's more wishful thinking.

In the next episode, Snow notices Emma looking sad, and she follows her to ask what is wrong.  Emma tells her about the visions and what the Oracle told her.  Snow reminds Emma that she thought she would die in the Underworld, but that turned out to be Red arriving.  Snow insists on helping Emma to find the Red Bird, since Snow can communicate with it and find out more.  They go on an adventure together to find the bird.  During the walk, Snow asks if Emma is willing to tell her more about her childhood.  She apologizes for being keeping at a distance when she was Dark Swan since she knows she failed Emma and was afraid of making things worse.  She wants to spend more time with Emma if she would let her.  Snow reveals it's exhausting to constantly check up on whether Regina is turning evil and Emma wholeheartedly agrees. Near the end of the episode, they find the red bird, and Snow realizes it is lying... the red bird turns into a giant Agrabah viper who bites Snow.  Because they share a heart, both Snow and Charming dies.

(Actually, they are faking their deaths so The Evil Queen won't know where they are... they dress up as the Swiss Family Robinson and insert themselves into the Camp of Untold Stories Survivors to learn more about them)

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Camera One said:

In the next episode, Snow notices Emma looking sad, and she follows her to ask what is wrong. Emma tells her about the visions and what the Oracle told her. Snow reminds Emma that she thought she would die in the Underworld, but that turned out to be Red arriving. Snow insists on helping Emma to find the Red Bird, since Snow can communicate with it and find out more. They go on an adventure together to find the bird. During the walk, Snow asks if Emma is willing to tell her more about her childhood. She apologizes for being keeping at a distance when she was Dark Swan since she knows she failed Emma and was afraid of making things worse. She wants to spend more time with Emma if she would let her.

It's sad that while reading this, my initial reaction is, "Ha! That will never happen." Yet this is pretty much what Snow/Regina got in the premiere and what Snow/Regina and Emma/Regina got in the 5B finale. Sigh...

• Love 1

I don't have a good track record at predicting this show but Emma's flash forward has me thinking she's going to battle the Evil Queen. Maybe integrated with Regina or maybe still separate but I can't imagine the show runners resisting an Emma vs Evil Queen battle. I don't remember seeing Regina so they definitely want us to think she's an option. Rumpel too. There won't be any repercussions since Emma didn't hold Regina burning Snow or Rumpel abusing Belle against them. 

Plus there's no way Emma will stay dead (and we didn't see her die, just get stabbed and assumed based on the "Saviors die" thing) and no indication that Morrison wants out so I can see them doing it. 

• Love 1