Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation WITHOUT Spoilers: Lalalalala! I can't hear you!

• Start Topic

Looks like there's a double skyward blast from the library/clock tower in the promo. Any theories on what causes it?

Two separate crystals giving off energy in different locations? Rumple only has the broken end of the crystal, so shouldn't Zelena or Regina have the other half she stabbed Hades with?

If Regina does go full on EQ during the finale, there really hasn't been any hints of it during S5 - at least in 4B we had Emma struggle with darkness before she became the dark one at the end of the season.  But I don't think its even been hinted at for Regina in 5B, if anything Regina was helping her sister overcome her darkness in 5B.  

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Curio said:

Two separate crystals giving off energy in different locations? Rumple only has the broken end of the crystal, so shouldn't Zelena or Regina have the other half she stabbed Hades with?

Replied in Speculation, but since you moved your reply here, I'll reply here too. :)

Hm, now that could be interesting.  Or did Zelena just leave the entire thing in Hades when he crumbled to dust?

Edited by RulerofallIsurvey
homonyms! to is not too
3 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Replied in Speculation, but since you moved your reply here, I'll reply here too. :)

Hm, now that could be interesting.  Or did Zelena just leave the entire thing in Hades when he crumbled to dust?

I think it's only the part that went in him when she stabbed him is what's left of the crystal. 

Looking forward how they spin everything.

I'm curious about how Rumple is going to end S5 - my guess is he wants to use the crystal to try and wake up Belle, but Henry steals it and takes it to New York and that is why Rumple makes the trip to NY as well.  I'm thinking Belle will probably still be under the sleeping curse going into S6, so Rumple won't want to leave her in Storybrooke.  I really have no idea how they'll end Rumple's story this season. 

2 minutes ago, Joanh23 said:

If Regina does go full on EQ during the finale, there really hasn't been any hints of it during S5 - at least in 4B we had Emma struggle with darkness before she became the dark one at the end of the season.  But I don't think its even been hinted at for Regina in 5B, if anything Regina was helping her sister overcome her darkness in 5B.  

I think the hints have been subtle this season, and I don't even know if the writers intended for these to be hints, but I personally saw them. In 5A especially, we had several moments where Regina abused her power over Dark Emma and didn't show and signs of guilt. In fact, she looked downright gleeful when she controlled Emma with the dagger, even though the audience was shown how Snow was shamed for controlling Emma when Emma didn't need to be controlled. Regina abused the dagger power twice, Hook pointed out that Regina was wrong for doing it, and then Emma apologized to Hook when she did the exact same thing to him that Regina did to her. Regina also didn't look at all guilty about what she had done to Percival and instead got angry with him for bringing up a legitimate issue.

We also had Regina being hypocritical and completely lacking in self-awareness when dealing with Zelena this season. Imprisoning Zelena, forcing her to be mute, telling her she’s had way too many second chances, yelling at her for violating Robin, and separating Zelena from her daughter with no intention for them to see each other again were all signs that Regina still hasn’t recognized that she did many of the same things her sister did. It’s also a sign that Regina doesn’t comprehend the amount of effort the heroes had to put in towards forgiving and accepting her into their group. Regina was also able to use the Apprentice’s wand that can only be controlled using dark magic, and Regina tapped into that darkness to send Zelena away in the tornado.

In The Underworld, we had Regina being hypocritical again towards Zelena; however, she did warm up to her and gave her a chance. But by doing that, she disregarded Robin’s feelings entirely which culminated in Robin calling Regina out on not actually apologizing.

Maybe I’m reading too much into this, but I definitely think the writers built some Season 5 building blocks for Regina to be knocked down a peg. Since it’s TS;TW, I figured most of these examples had to do more with the Regina Exception Clause, but if they actually have her revert to evil again, it’ll actually be some surprising subtlety. 

• Love 6

well when you list everything out like that Curio it's pretty obvious - I guess the writers were being too subtle for me!  If Regina is the EQ again in S6 then I'm assuming she'll revert back to being good again coz if she ends the show as the EQ then what was the point of all her development over the previous seasons.  Then I'm really hoping at the end of it Regina has more sympathy for her victims.   

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Joanh23 said:

Then I'm really hoping at the end of it Regina has more sympathy for her victims.   

Or some.  Some at all.

Personally, I'm fine with Regina eviling up, as long as other characters are written in a way that treats that appropriately.  Watching Regina mwhahahaing, insulting, and/or threatening people while they just take it and take it, without any truth popped back at her, is not entertaining, and not realistic human behavior.

Edited by Mari
Sometimes letters should not be lower case, and there should be a space.
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mari said:

personally, I'm fine with Reginaeviling up, as long as other characters are written in a way that treats that appropriately.  Watching Regina mwhahahaing, insulting, and/or threatening people while they just take it and take it, without any truth popped back at her, is not entertaining, and not realistic human behavior.

Totally. I'd like to see Henry try to win his mom back and fail. Just utterly fail. I'd like to see Emma try to be BFFs, then get rejected repeatedly. These people need to learn that being "nice" or forgiving does not automatically change villains. 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

Except, we've already seen Regina reject them and reject them.

I'd rather see them standing--particularly Emma, Snow, and David--up to her.  Maybe giving her a truth nugget or two about things, instead of her continually insulting and attacking, verbally and otherwise, while they apologize and be her friend, and apologize.

I have absolutely no interest in a retread of 405.  I have especially no interest in a retread of 405 if it's multi-episode, and involving several characters.

• Love 5

Except, we've already seen Regina reject them and reject them.

We have, but Regina always eventually "relented". (Like saying she didn't want to kill Emma, for instance.) I'd like to see the heroes realize their strategy isn't working.

(edited)

Checklist for the finale:
- a shot of Rumple looking at the white crystal while holding it x 5
- Rumple talking to sleeping Belle expressing his tender side
- Regina and/or Zelena lamenting how life is unfair for them
- Henry trying to make Regina feel better
- Emma trying to make Regina feel better
- Snow trying to make Regina feel better
- Our favorite supporting extras, maybe Grumpy, Granny and Blue, each getting one line

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Camera One said:

Checklist fothe beginninge:
- a shot of Rumple looking  at the white crystal while holding it x 5
- Rumple talking to sleeping Belle expressing his tender side
- Regina and/or Zelena lamenting how life is unfair for them
- Henry trying to make Regina feel better
- Emma trying to make Regina feel better
- Snow trying to make Regina feel better
- Our favorite supporting extras, maybe Grumpy, Granny and Blue, each getting one line

You forgot one:

Emma and Killian get 1 26 second scene at the beginning and a 30 second scene in the second half in which they kiss and smile at each other and all the deep and meaningful dialog happens off screen...*wink*

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I'm scared now.

You should be. Whatever you're thinking, it's probably going to be worse. Anything Henry linked is generally not a good thing in my book and considering that song was the creepy advice Neal gave his 11 year old on how to pick up chicks, I'm not optimistic about anything surrounding that title.

• Love 3

I guess the A arc will feature the untold stories of the people Hyde brought along with him to Storybrooke.

Oh, and I definitely think Emma is going under a sleeping Curse next season.

26 minutes ago, InsertWordHere said:

I know people were speculating next season would be CS versus Regina, but it looks more to me like it will be Regina verses the Evil Queen.

It seems too on-the-nose. I thought it would be more subtle. A person's internal struggle between good an evil is now being shown literally with this I guess. I have a feeling a lot  more people will be splitting off into two before the end of the arc.

• Love 3
(edited)

My prediction: Regina and Jekyll will learn they need their darker halves to remind them of how not to live. The only way to defeat Hyde and EQ will be to recombine themselves. Jekyll will end up sacrificing himself.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Rumsy4 said:

I have a feeling a lot  more people will be splitting off into two before the end of the arc.

Get ready for Captain Hook versus Killian Jones, Wicked Witch versus Zelena, and David versus er, his inner James? I bet Evil Captain Hook still has heart eyes for Emma.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, InsertWordHere said:

I bet Evil Captain Hook still has heart eyes for Emma.

And then my brain went there.... ;)

Rumple and Gold will split and they'll both be evil.  Mary Margret will get on Bandit Snow's nerves.

I think there is a good chance they separate Mal and her dragon.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, InsertWordHere said:

Get ready for Captain Hook versus Killian Jones,... I bet Evil Captain Hook still has heart eyes for Emma.

1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

And then my brain went there.... ;)

I've read fanfics like that... if you know what I mean. ;-)

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2

In the steampunk world town square, I noted that the Three Musketeers were there, and they actually had them saying "All for one," which I believe means it was scripted. So maybe they will at least be in the next season. That would be cool. I'd like to see more sword fighting in Storybrooke.

• Love 2

I wonder if at some point next season,  they will have the EQ pose as Regina? I mean that dress sort of sticks out in Storybrooke.

I too, would love to see the characters all split next season. Does that mean Charming would become.....James? :)

41 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

"ive read fanfics like that... if you know what I mean. -)

My thoughts exactly! 

• Love 1

I think it'd be fun if some of the other characters were also split into their darker halves, or lighter halves in Gold's case, but I don't think the show will go there. I think Regina will eventually be rejoined, and it kind of reminds me of the dagger. The darkness has to be tethered to a person that can control it, or be controlled. I feel like separating Regina from the evil queen is a bit of a cop out, because she now might not have any guilt or responsibility for anything that she did. So I'm pretty certain Regina will be back to her angsty self before too long. Hopefully sooner than later.

TV Guide has an ... interesting interpretation on the finale, which is that the land of untold stories is literally stories we've never heard of, and therefore next season will have a whole bunch of original characters. 

That wasn't my understanding. Mine was that is was just a jumbled up world of stories and character from various old books to give the writers an excuse to go beyond fairytales without having to open loads of new portals. 

Thoughts?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, retrograde said:

TV Guide has an ... interesting interpretation on the finale, which is that the land of untold stories is literally stories we've never heard of, and therefore next season will have a whole bunch of original characters. 

That wasn't my understanding. Mine was that is was just a jumbled up world of stories and character from various old books to give the writers an excuse to go beyond fairytales without having to open loads of new portals. 

I agree with you. They're now getting into non-fairy tale stories like Jekyll/Hyde, Don Quixote, etc.. Praying they don't touch Austen.

Could it also be that they plan to tell some of the stories over past seasons that were never told? I don't think it'll happen, but I'd love to see the story of how Hook outran the curse to get back to Emma. Or of how Mulan and Aurora rescued Prince Philip? I'm pretty sure Mal and Lily will make an appearance.

• Love 1

I want to know how this world was created (please don't let it be something done by the Sorcerer)? I think Hyde at least implied that it was created and not just a land they all happened to find. 

My speculation is that it was originally created by an earlier Dark Curse. 

• Love 2

I also note that Rumple and Belle's storylines have been left very vague and open ended.

~*~Conspiracy theory~*~: Could this have to do with the longstanding rumor that Robert Carlyle only has a five-season contract, and they know it's possible they ABC may not come to an agreement for renewal with him? Would suck for Emily de Ravin if that's the case, but I also don't know what they'd do with her character without Rumple. 

1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

I agree with you. They're now getting into non-fairy tale stories like Jekyll/Hyde, Don Quixote, etc.. Praying they don't touch Austen.

I understood that they were stories Henry had never heard of.  But they are fairly well known stories to the audience.  So I agree that they are going with nothing related to Enchanted Forest or EF adjacent and that is why Henry hasn't heard of them. 

Its too bad they aren't going really obscure because they are a few obscure fairy tales that have potential.  I think that they show relies too much on audience familiarity to cover for adequate set-up and details to going really unknown.

12 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Its too bad they aren't going really obscure because they are a few obscure fairy tales that have potential.  I think that they show relies too much on audience familiarity to cover for adequate set-up and details to going really unknown.

I dunno, I think the show's premise is "a new twist on your favorite fictional characters" and it has been successful for them. And I didn't get the impression Henry was unfamiliar with the stories, per se. He just said, "I've never seen these characters in my book."

• Love 1

TV Guide has an ... interesting interpretation on the finale, which is that the land of untold stories is literally stories we've never heard of, and therefore next season will have a whole bunch of original characters.

Did they not realize these Writers can't write original stories?

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, InsertWordHere said:

I know people were speculating next season would be CS versus Regina, but it looks more to me like it will be Regina verses the Evil Queen.

Yeah, and better this way. I hope they let Hook and Emma be happy in the background while Lana Parrilla embarrass herself trying to play two characters. That way when the ratings plummets it won't be their fault.

Oh, and the kiss in front of the wedding dress? That's not foreshadowing. If it was intentional, it was more A&E messing with the fans than anything else. At the pace they are moving the relatiinship, the engagement would be in season 43 and the wedding in season 67.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 3

Even before Hook joined the show, it seemed to me nearly inevitable that Emma's wedding - interrupted by Regina to deliver a blessing rather than a curse - would be the final scene of the series finale. They can't resist that sort of cheesy mirroring. Until they have a basic sense of when that final season is, I think they'll keep teasing marriage, but not actually doing much about it until the end.

I also wouldn't expect to see a lot of open, non-married CS cohabitation or post-offsceen-sex snuggling. It's Sunday night at 8 on network TV. They can imply, but they can't actually show.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Amerilla said:

It's Sunday night at 8 on network TV. They can imply, but they can't actually show.

Unless you're Robin and Regina, Robin and Zelena, Snow and Charming, Rumple and Belle, Regina and Graham, Neal and Tamara, James and Jack...

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, RadioGirl27 said:

Yeah, and better this way. I hope they let Hook and Emma be happy in the background while Lana Parrilla embarrass herself trying to play two characters. That way when the ratings plummets it won't be their fault.

Yep, and I actually prefer this to the CS and Regina war people were hoping for. 

The last time Regina got such a nonsense storyline, Hook and Emma had some of my favorite moments in the background while she was running around looking the fool. 

Regarding potential sex, it doesn't need to be anything explicit or more risque than what they have already shown half a dozen times on the show with other characters. Just have them wake up in bed together. 

Edited by InsertWordHere
  • Love 6

I'm guessing the Evil Queen will be coming into town claiming her kingdom that Hyde has already claimed for his own, and we might have them battling it out with EQ still hating on Snowing, and very possibly Emma for coming to town and breaking the curse, for having gotten Hook back as well? 

I have doubts that Regina herself (I can't believe I'm writing this) will have all that much to do except take the Evil Queen back into her, and acknowledge that they're not separate entities, because they're bloody well not!

I think wherever Rumple has gone to try and save Belle is what will bring in the next bad guy since he has gone to another realm. I'm not even against introducing the next big bad during the first half of the season just because it might allow for a better transition than we've had in a while.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Camera One said:

I don't see what the marketing angle for next season will be.  The Evil Queen is back?  I guess they can keep the apple poster.  

My guess is they will have Regina with a split face -- half EQ, half Regina. That's the cliche, easy way to show the theme graphically.

13 hours ago, RadioGirl27 said:

Oh, and the kiss in front of the wedding dress? That's not foreshadowing. If it was intentional, it was more A&E messing with the fans than anything else. At the pace they are moving the relatiinship, the engagement would be in season 43 and the wedding in season 67.

9 hours ago, Amerilla said:

Even before Hook joined the show, it seemed to me nearly inevitable that Emma's wedding - interrupted by Regina to deliver a blessing rather than a curse - would be the final scene of the series finale. They can't resist that sort of cheesy mirroring. Until they have a basic sense of when that final season is, I think they'll keep teasing marriage, but not actually doing much about it until the end.

Exactly. The wedding dress was just baiting. They used it blatantly to string along CS shippers in lieu of any actual payoff. They've been throwing marriage/proposal symbolism at them for ages now, and we couldn't even get more than another "I love you" as "payoff" for this CS Angst Season. What makes anybody think they'll actually progress much further with them next season? At this rate, I think the show will get canceled before CS has a wedding.

And I agree that their planned ending is Regina saying "My gift to you is this happy day" at the CS wedding, but meaning it happily this time instead of a curse. But I have doubts the show will make it there.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Souris said:

Exactly. The wedding dress was just baiting. They used it blatantly to string along CS shippers in lieu of any actual payoff. They've been throwing marriage/proposal symbolism at them for ages now, and we couldn't even get more than another "I love you" as "payoff" for this CS Angst Season. What makes anybody think they'll actually progress much further with them next season? At this rate, I think the show will get canceled before CS has a wedding.

And I agree that their planned ending is Regina saying "My gift to you is this happy day" at the CS wedding, but meaning it happily this time instead of a curse. But I have doubts the show will make it there.

I think the best way if I can put it this way is to look at the finale for season 5 as the start of season 6.

I think for CS especially, the payoff was during 5x21 when Hook was sent back. 

At this point, I'm chasing for the moments with the characters. Plot plot plot has become exhausting and draining.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think for CS especially, the payoff was during 5x21 when Hook was sent back. 

But that was no payoff either. It was a kiss in a graveyard tarnished by Robin's death.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, RadioGirl27 said:

But that was no payoff either. It was a kiss in a graveyard tarnished by Robin's death.

I'm not talking about the kiss, they have more than an hour worth of kissing. I'm talking about the fact that Hook was given a second chance at life by  the highest power possible, and that he and Emma have reunited.

• Love 1

The writers' way of "paying off" Emma and Hook is basically saying, "Just be thankful one of them is not dead and stop complaining. Here, take a kiss. Now let us play with our Evil Queen doll for 12 episodes."

The only way I'll enjoy Season 6 is if they allow more than one of the characters to take the Jekyll Juice along with Regina. I want to see Snow White vs. Mary Margaret. I want to see Walls-Up Emma Swan vs. Totally-in-Love Emma Swan. I want to see Captain Hook vs. Killian Jones. (I want to see Emma struggle with liking both of those guys...) But I fear Season 6 is just going to be the Regina hour all the time.

• Love 8

This split personality thing could be interesting, but I'm wondering how long it will take everyone to realize that the Evil Queen is still around.  I'd love to see a wedding scene with Emma and Hook with Regina as one of the wedding guests and the Evil Queen make her appearance cursing Emma just like she did her parents.

48 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm not talking about the kiss, they have more than an hour worth of kissing. I'm talking about the fact that Hook was given a second chance at life by  the highest power possible, and that he and Emma have reunited.

Yeah, for whatever reason Zeus decided to sent him back (it was not explained and it would never be), but that doesn't change the fact that the reunion happened in a graveyard, in front of Robin's coffin and in a moment that no one, nor even Emma, was allowed to show happiness. Hook is my favourite character and I would have liked something different than "what the hell is the pirate doing here" as a hello. 

33 minutes ago, Curio said:

The only way I'll enjoy Season 6 is if they allow more than one of the characters to take the Jekyll Juice along with Regina. I want to see Snow White vs. Mary Margaret. I want to see Walls-Up Emma Swan vs. Totally-in-Love Emma Swan. I want to see Captain Hook vs. Killian Jones. (I want to see Emma struggle with liking both of those guys...).

I don't think they are going to do that. Season 6 is going to be all Regina, all the time. And really, two split characters is more than enough. 

• Love 2