Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

The perfect story for those who thought LeBron wouldn't be back this season

For those who love him - screw you, jerks who said he was only playing to break the record and conveniently injured himself right after.  He's so dedicated he's playing hurt!

For those who hate him - geez, how can you be so naive?  What a convenient narrative - doctors are recommending he get surgery (so it must be a significant injury) but he's putting out some story of a mysterious doctor who said otherwise.  So if/when he misses more time, he's already laid the groundwork for wanting to play so badly he's risking making things worse.  What a manipulative bastard.

For what it's worth, I don't think LeBron will ever be able to hold up over a full season moving forward.  All of the cryotherapy and training techniques in the world cannot overcome the wear and tear of more then 60k NBA minutes.  He's not Tom Brady, who could avoid hits by tossing the football away whenever some pass rusher got close.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

LeBron came off the bench last night & scored 19 points. Sadly for him, the Lakers lost to the sorry sucky Bulls 118-108. I didn't even realized till last night that Pat Bev is not on the Lakers anymore & is now playing for the sorry sucky Bulls. You would think that the Lakers would want Pat Bev's presence for the Playoffs. He could of been somewhat helpful for the Lakers in the Playoffs. BTW, they're now in 9th place.

Speaking of the Bulls, they absolutely suck & they haven't been worth a damn for a long while. I'm surprised that those clowns haven't made much of a big deal about celebrating their last championship this season, which happened 25 yrs ago. 

Here is Steph being Steph last night. How cute. 😒

ESPN - Steph being Steph (look away 3 pointer)

Thankfully, those Warriors gave that game away at the end. 😁

Karl Anthony Towns game winning 3 pointer on those Warriors.

Final 2 minutes of Timberwolves (99) - Warriors (96) 3-26-2023

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

Quite the HOF class this year.  Dirk, Wade, Gasol, and Parker is right up there with the best groups to go in together.  Plus Pop, the fourth person on the NBA coaching Mt. Rushmore, gets in too - ironically enough, during what will likely be his worst season.  Of course, the last time he tanked they got Tim Duncan, so maybe the Spurs will get lucky again.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Well, looks like the playoffs are set.  Phoenix rested all of their stars and lost to the Clippers, so their reward is to... play the Clippers.  The Warriors have the pleasure of being able to drive to their first round road games in Sacramento.  They're the team with the fourth worst road record, so maybe they'll need all the help they can get.  The Timberwolves won despite Rudy G trying to punch his teammate, so they get the 8 seed and a trip to LA to play the Lakers.

1 hour ago, twoods said:

Rudy G-yeesh. Instead of the playoffs there will be talk about you punching a teammate. Be better.

A second T-Wolves player (Jaden McDaniels) punched the wall in frustration after all of that and fractured his hand, so there's that, too. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
11 hours ago, Marley said:

Go Warriors! I’ve been worried about them all year but they seem to be turning it around lately. They gotta beat Sacramento tho like pls.

I'm hoping that their road woes this season continues. The Kings have to be much better on defense in this series. Maybe a miracle can come along & the Kings can bring down those Warriors. It won't be as enjoyable as the 2016 Finals (😁), but it will be very enjoyable & will definitely put a smile on my face.

As for the other series:

Suns - Clippers - I can't find a reason to root for either one of them & this series is basically a toss-up. 

76ers - Nets - This should be a cakewalk for the 76ers. Its too bad that they won't get to humiliate Ben Simmons in the process. 

Cavaliers - Knicks - All I know is that the Cavaliers is going to win this series. I don't know how many games, but they're winning this series. Besides, why would anyone want to root for the Knicks in this series and/or the Playoffs? I just have to hope that Donovan Mitchell will show up with the defense & not suck in the Playoffs like he did in Utah. 

As for the Play-in:

7 vs 8

Timberwolves at Lakers - The Lakers should beat up on the Timberwolves without breaking a sweat. LeBron will make sure that happens.

Hawks at Heat - I'm only here for Trey Young. 

9 vs 10 

Bulls at Raptors - All I can say is, Go Raptors. The Bulls can get bent & get lost. 

Thunder at Pelicans - All I know is that Zion Williamson's season is over once again due to injury (hamstring). Other than that, its basically meh... & a toss-up. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have to unfortunately agree with @Magog that the Lakers will win their play-in and be the 7 seed, and I'm only okay with that as long as they are quickly and promptly disposed of by Memphis. 

I also agree that Brooklyn will get demolished by Philly, I hope Sacramento can beat Golden State (the Kings didn't get enough media love for the improvements they made this season, IMO), and I'll call it Phoenix over the Clippers in six. 

Well, so much for Milwaukee's hope for a team to help hinder another great team in advance for that other great team not being 100% for the best team to knock them off before the ECF.

In other words, and as mentioned, Boston, who I think will run over Atlanta, still wins in a series against (the physical) Miami, but not before having to earn it.  From there, it might have helped Philly in a likely EC Semi round, which in the long run could help Milwaukee (who would not have to face Boston if Philadelphia takes them out).

I just don't want to see Golden State vs Boston, but I also would rather not see Phoenix vs Milwaukee.  OTOH, the latter might be worth it with the KD factor

Time to get their asses whooped by the Grizzlies. No wonder both teams looked like they didn’t want to win this. Hope D-Lo doesn’t suck as bad as he did, or it’s a sweep.

• Like 3

Tonight's Play-In for 8th place is really bringing in the "excitement" for me. First game is the Bulls at Heat. Yay (😒). Especially after seeing the Raptors throwing that game away by coughing up a 19 point lead in the 3rd Quarter. God damn did that sucked.

The 2nd game is the Thunder at Timberwolves. The Timberwolves suck & I'm not here for the Thunder. The Thunder might have a nice future ahead of them. But, that dunderhead of a GM (Sam Presti) will find a way to mess that up, just like he did 10 yrs ago. 

Mavericks fined $750,000 by NBA for naked tanking effort at season’s end

“The Dallas Mavericks’ decision to restrict key players from fully participating in an elimination game last Friday against Chicago undermined the integrity of our sport,” said Joe Dumars, NBA Executive Vice President, Head of Basketball Operations. “The Mavericks’ actions failed our fans and our league.”

I've got no feelings for Dallas one way or another, but Dumars' statement is highly dramatic when you've got the bottom five teams in each conference tanking in various capacities to get higher draft odds for the chance at Wembanyama. I'm guessing it's because Dallas said the quiet part out loud what they were doing, but then what about Portland shutting down Lillard a month before the season was over? Etc, etc.?

• Like 2
11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I've got no feelings for Dallas one way or another, but Dumars' statement is highly dramatic when you've got the bottom five teams in each conference tanking in various capacities to get higher draft odds for the chance at Wembanyama. I'm guessing it's because Dallas said the quiet part out loud what they were doing, but then what about Portland shutting down Lillard a month before the season was over? Etc, etc.?

It's mainly the timing.  Portland was out of the playoffs when they shut down Dame.  Dallas wasn't in complete control of their own destiny at end, but throwing up the white flag and explicitly admitting it is bad form - you're saying that making the play-in is a punishment.  Regardless of whether or not that's true, you're not allowed to say it.

Edited by cambridgeguy
On 4/10/2023 at 11:18 AM, Magog said:

Besides, why would anyone want to root for the Knicks in this series and/or the Playoffs?

I personally don't care, but I hear enough from the basketball fans around New York to realize that it has been a LONG time since they won a championship. They're in NY Jets territory of futility.

It would be nice for them to at least win a series and generate some sort of positive feelings for them about the team.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JTMacc99 said:

I personally don't care, but I hear enough from the basketball fans around New York to realize that it has been a LONG time since they won a championship. They're in NY Jets territory of futility.

It would be nice for them to at least win a series and generate some sort of positive feelings for them about the team.

I would rather see the Jets win another Super Bowl than seeing the Knicks win another championship much less win the 1st round of this series. Unfortunately, its not off to a good start for me because the Knicks are up 1-0 tonight beating the Cavaliers 101-97. 😒

I was wondering why they were celebrating like they won the championship and then found out it was their first playoff win in 17 years. Go on and celebrate for one night, Kings fans. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, twoods said:

I was wondering why they were celebrating like they won the championship and then found out it was their first playoff win in 17 years. Go on and celebrate for one night, Kings fans. 

Hopefully, there will be plenty more of that to come. I really needed something to put a smile on my face right now since the Knicks won tonight (😒) & seeing those Warriors losing to the Kings in Game 1 will get the job done for me. Also, seeing Steph missing that 3 pointer at the buzzer makes it even better.

• Like 2

Nice Lakers win. I know they won’t shoot threes like that again, but I will take it since they won’t get swept. AD looked great in the fourth so hope it’s not some injury that they are going to find tomorrow and he’s sidelined. 

I’m not a huge Lakers fan but I am rooting for them against Memphis. I just find a few of the Grizzlies way too cocky. There’s confidence and there’s being a jerk.

Mad about the Warriors tho they need to get it together.

I am actively rooting against Boston but know they will have no problem against Atlanta.

And now Giannis is out for the remainder of Game One with a back injury. Miami up thirteen at halftime.

Tyler Herro has a broken hand and is, obviously, out for the rest of the game and maybe the series.

Ja Morant's status for Game Two is "in jeopardy" because of his hand.

So many injuries and it's only the first game(s). 

Edited by LexieLily
  • Sad 1
On 4/16/2023 at 6:45 PM, Marley said:

Mad about the Warriors tho they need to get it together.

Oh, those Warriors got it together all right. They lost to the Kings again & they're  down 2-0. HA HA HA!!! 

The job is not done however. The Kings need 2 more wins & I'm certain that they can get at least 1 win at Chase Center (not as intimidating as Oracle).

I think that's fair (Re: Draymond out for Game 3).  Could his absence cost Golden State the series (on the stat that teams are winless down 0-3)?  It can.

I was fearing that it would be multiple games, which would've been messed up.  One thing the NFL gets is not taking the best players out of action unless it's absolutely necessary to do so.  Plus in that league, players usually know better.

However, Green's Game 3 absence is the right call as he has a history.  People may still think it's unfair, but that was what needed to be done.  Otherwise, he might do something worse that will cost them like it did in 2016 against Cleveland

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Carey said:

Otherwise, he might do something worse that will cost them like it did in 2016 against Cleveland

Speaking of Cleveland . . . Last night’s game was fun to watch!

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Is having Draymond Green really worth it?

Yes, he is worth it. Draymond brings that energy, charisma, & his basketball intuition that is very valuable to those Warriors. His brings in that "Squeaky wheel gets the grease" type of presence to those Warriors. Plus, it doesn't hurt that he is very likable, charming, & endearing. I can never show my anger & disgust towards Draymond like I do towards Steph (on a daily basis), Klay, & Jordan Poole. Jordan Poole can learn a whole lot from Draymond. Those Warriors will miss Draymond dearly if they don't resign him to a new contract this offseason. Jordan Poole might be good. But, he will never be as good, likable, or have that basketball intuition like Draymond. 

Speaking of those Warriors, Draymond or no Draymond, they are going to lose Game 3 tomorrow night. A whole lot of people are hoping, praying, & picking them to win Game 3 at the Chase Center (A very nice expensive but inferior version of Oracle Arena). I have a feeling that the Kings might pull a surprise or two on those Warriors in Game 3. Hopefully, we will be hearing that "Light The Beam" chant at the Chase Center tomorrow night.

5 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Speaking of Cleveland . . . Last night’s game was fun to watch!

Yes, it was fun to watch. The Cavaliers won the game in a blowout in the 2nd half made it a lot of fun to watch. Darius Garland showed up in Game 2 & that was very helpful in the win. Hopefully, they'll bring more of that energy to the Knicks on Friday Night at their place so that a certain somebody will have mud on their face. 

As for the Lakers, why do I have a feeling that they're going to win Game 2 tonight?

Edited by Magog
48 minutes ago, Magog said:

Plus, it doesn't hurt that he is very likable, charming, & endearing.

I have yet to see anything likable, charming, or endearing about him.  

I think Steph has those qualities though. 

*waiting for Magog's head to explode* 🤣

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
26 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I have yet to see anything likable, charming, or endearing about him.  

I think Steph has those qualities though. 

*waiting for Magog's head to explode* 🤣

Steph does have those qualities, and almost all basketball fans, whether they're Warriors fans or not, feel that way.

Draymond is a dick who can't control his temper at very inopportune moments and ends up hurting his team in the playoffs as a consequence.  Is he worth it?  At this point, no.

Even though I'm a Warriors fan, I'd be very happy to see the Kings win the whole thing.

• Like 5

Agreed I’m rooting for the Warriors but I love a good underdog story so if the Kings go far I would be happy too. As long as Boston or Memphis doesn’t win.

Both Steph and Klay are very likeable to me lol.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

If Draymond did what Joel Embiid did Adam Silver would go on the court and arrest Dray immediately.

What's interesting is that if you think of a world where Stern is still with us, and still running things: that scenario involving Silver and Green would be best case scenario compared to what would happen if the commish's predecessor were around

8 hours ago, mojoween said:

If Draymond did what Joel Embiid did Adam Silver would go on the court and arrest Dray immediately.

And the calls that the NBA is rigged in favor of certain players (superstars) will only grow louder.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

And the calls that the NBA is rigged in favor of certain players (superstars) will only grow louder.

At this point (and yeah, I know I'm biased as a homie Warriors fan) I think the NBA is clearly rigged in favor of (or against) certain teams as well as certain players (looking at you LeWhine and whatever team you happen to be playing for...).

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Favorites or no: if someone said that Philly/Brooklyn Game 3 was the worst officiating game of the year, I'd have to respect it.

Meanwhile, no Embiid anyway for Game 4

• Sad 1