Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Here's hoping Boston beats the crap out of Brooklyn in four or five games. KD and Kyrie had to play perfect games for them to barely beat Cleveland in the play-in.

And I'm saying it will go to 6 or 7 games. Boston has a history of being exposed in playoffs.

Well, add another entry to the (very) long list of Clippers setbacks.  This is pretty minor though since they probably would have been steamrolled by the Suns.

That being said, it has now been three years since they went all in on Kawhi and George.  It's unclear if Kawhi's body will ever hold up for a full season and they're still that other LA team.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

An interesting first day of Playoffs in the books. 

SUCK IT DENVER! Go Dubs! 😀

Other than the Timberwolves - Grizzlies, the rest of the games were from meh (Jazz beating the Mavericks), too dissapointing (Raptors getting their butts kicked & Scottie Barnes hurting his ankle), too revolting & a shock to nobody (those Warriors pummeling the Nuggets with ESPN's favorite Golden Boy leading the way). I knew that the Nuggets have no chance what so ever in beating those Warriors & Game 1 proved it. Whether Game 2 is a close game or not, the Nuggets are still not winning that game.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The Mavs were pretty gritty but without Luka, I just don't see them getting out of the first round (again). The timing of his injury is a bummer. 

The Sixers looked good but that was a rough, chippy battle for both teams. Apparently the Sixers had a weird week of practice beforehand. Tobias Harris said it was two days of screaming and wanting to kill each other (and it extended into the team's group chat) and then two days of figuring it out and getting along again. I think they are smart to remove Thybulle from the starting lineup and replace him with Green. Thybulle won't even be able to travel to the away games in Canada since he's such a dumbass about the vaccine. 

5 hours ago, Magog said:

Other than the Timberwolves - Grizzlies, the rest of the games were from meh (Jazz beating the Mavericks), too dissapointing (Raptors getting their butts kicked & Scottie Barnes hurting his ankle), too revolting & a shock to nobody (those Warriors pummeling the Nuggets with ESPN's favorite Golden Boy leading the way). I knew that the Nuggets have no chance what so ever in beating those Warriors & Game 1 proved it. Whether Game 2 is a close game or not, the Nuggets are still not winning that game.

And Timberwolves-Grizzlies is the series that gets demoted to NBATV for Game 2. (Utah/Dallas is relegated to NBATV for both Games 2 and 3.)

4 hours ago, twoods said:

Kyrie is such a doucebag. I know he’s getting a lot of lip service from the fans but flipping them off? He is so unlikable.

I would feel that way if it was anything other than Boston fans. But Boston fans? Fuck them. They're racist as hell. This is the same fanbase that took a shit in Bill Russell's bed.

And Bill Simmons is STILL spewing racist stuff.

Edited by Lady Whistleup
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, twoods said:

Don’t get me started on Bill Simmons. I already hate him because I’m a Lakers fan but the racist stuff he gets away with is ridiculous.

Yeah I was saying today: what's the over/under about him saying something totally racist and uncool during what will probably be a long, bruising Nets/Celtics series? I can just see him saying something awful and racist.

What's even more frustrating is that people have been calling him out on his racist crap for years, and he still gets away with it.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, twoods said:

Kyrie is such a doucebag. I know he’s getting a lot of lip service from the fans but flipping them off? He is so unlikable.

The more I hear that exchange Kyrie had with the ESPN reporter, the more I hate him.  You’re not the smartest person in any room, shithead.  Just answer the fucking question.

• Love 5

I don’t know I’m not a Kyrie fan, a lot of his views annoy me but some fans take it too far. The shit some ppl say is insane. Like boo cheer whatever but I don’t think a player should have to just suck it up and take some of the shit ppl say.

• Love 3

I agree, this wasn't just boos and people yelling "Kyrie sucks!" It was some nasty shit. Buying a ticket does not give you the right to dehumanize a person.

• Love 1

It was a surprise to nobody that the Nuggets lay down like dogs & play dead in the 2nd half while those Warriors were dog walking them (126-106) & Steph was being Steph (yuck) while mocking them. DeMarcus Cousins showed more heart & energy in trying to stop his teammates from fighting each other than him & the Nuggets bringing that same energy towards Steph. Frankly, this series is over & I knew that the Nuggets have no chance what so ever. 

Speaking of games 3 and 4, word is that Ben Simmons is supposed to be ready for game 4.  I can't imagine what it's going to be like - if it's close you know the Celtics will do everything it takes to force him to shoot.  Then game 5 - good thing those Boston fans are known for being considerate and never crossing the line.  You wouldn't want to throw a guy recovering from mental health issues into a pressure cooker of a playoff game in a hostile arena, after all.

• Love 1

He is not going to be “ready.” That is asking for him to fail since everyone will be watching his every move and shot. I don’t know what the Nets are thinking- it’s as if they are making him the scapegoat if they lose the series.

Edited by twoods
  • Useful 2

I'm not a Suns fan, but that is a bummer about Booker. I hope he's able to recover quickly. 

I will be fascinated to see if Simmons starts for the Nets and how he plays. I can't imagine his teammates having much patience with him if he starts pulling the same crap he did with the Sixers.

Just now, twoods said:

He is not going to be “ready.” That is asking for him to fail since everyone will be watching his every move and shot. I don’t know what Philly is thinking- it’s as if they are making him the scapegoat if they lose the series.

Hey now don't blame Philly for this.😉

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I will be fascinated to see if Simmons starts for the Nets and how he plays. I can't imagine his teammates having much patience with him if he starts pulling the same crap he did with the Sixers.

Even setting aside Ben Simmons being Ben Simmons and how everything ended in Philly, he hasn't played in an actual basketball game since last year's Game 7. It took Klay Thompson a couple of games to get back to being Klay Thompson. Steph Curry was out a month and he's coming off the bench on a minutes restriction. 

I don't know what Steve Nash and the Nets are expecting. They're really just going to throw him out there and be like 'Go'?

• Love 5
8 hours ago, shoregirl said:

Hey now don't blame Philly for this.😉

Oh my goodness, brain fart with typing he is a Sixer since he hasn’t played as a Net yet. Sigh. Shows how much attention I’ve paid this season.

So happy for DeRozan having a good night. I’m still salty that the Lakers didn’t pursue him and instead opted for Westwood. What a waste. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Mid-to-late second round, depending on how long the first round(s) go. Game 7s for Dallas/Utah and PHX/NO are both scheduled for 4/30 (a week from Saturday.)

Phoenix should be able to get by, though.

Edited by LexieLily